PDA

View Full Version : Poor Preparation Today!!!!!!

Mosbonian
12-24-2000, 01:06 PM
Today's game is a perfect example of how poorly the Chiefs are prepared to play by their coaching staff.

This team is going thru the motions today, with no real direction playing against a team that should be easy to score on.

Gunther & the Stooges must go!!!!!

mark
************<P>

alanm
12-24-2000, 01:25 PM
Mark, I can only listen on the net since I live in Western NE. It sure sounds like a pretty lackluster preformance by the Chiefs. But look at it this way, If they do end up losing today they probably move up a pick in the draft FWIW.

Brock
12-24-2000, 02:52 PM
Preparation H.

TEX
12-25-2000, 11:43 PM
I'm really not surprised - it's the SAME old story with this coaching staff.

Packfan
12-26-2000, 08:25 AM
I agree that the chiefs were unprepared. I dissagree that the blame should fall entirely on the coaching staff. Yes, they must have guys ready to play. But the player has to take some initative to himself ready too. In the past, I have called certain players "malcontents". Chester, for example, was a malcontent in Oakland before he got here. He has shown that no coaching is going to make him play every single down. The same can be said for a guy like Dan William who took a year off and bailed on his team. I dont think any coach can motivate that guy give his best effort every single down. And that stuff rubs off on other players. It goes back to the character of your team and Carl's habbit of signing guys with a shaddy history. Once a malcontent, always a malcontent.

(and yes, Antonio Freeman is a malcontent)

Mosbonian
12-26-2000, 11:57 AM
Ken:

I never said I absolve the players of any blame for Sunday's debacle. But, if you start on the totem pole of responsibility, you first see the Coaching Staff as the people who MUST come up with a Game Plan to follow.

I saw nothing even resembling a pattern. If Elvis had drawn the plays on the turf he would have done a better job that Raye. And we all know that every team has utilized that short crossing pattern to virtually kill us.

What we should have seen Sunday was a drop-all-pretenses, let-the-horses run, open-the-floodgates, try-this and try-that, CFL type of display. What in heaven's name did we have to play for that couldn't be sacrificed in the name of experimentation? Pride? Yea Right!! Fear of being ridiculed? Please, the rest of the league thinks we are schizophrenic anyway!!!

The players played with the same enthusiasm that the Staff displayed in preparing for this game, ZILCH.

My only hope is that the Coaches planned this poorly because they knew they would all be out of jobs come next season.

mark