PDA

View Full Version : So much for the easier schedule

Idahojim
12-26-2000, 09:35 AM
If the Chiefs opponents in 2001 reflect an easier schedule, I'd hate to see what Donks and the Raiders draw.

Home: AFC West plus Philadelphia, New York Giants, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh.

Away: AFC West plus Washington, Arizona, New York Jets and Jacksonville.

That's a daunting schedule compared with this year's that led to a 7-9 record. Gonna need one heck of an off season.

TEX
12-26-2000, 09:38 AM
Great googily - moogily!

morphius
12-26-2000, 09:39 AM
We get to play AZ, yipee!

bkkcoh
12-26-2000, 09:45 AM
Check out this link.
http://nfl.com/news/001222opponents.html

------------------
Brian K.

Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair.
[i]George Burns </I>

Red and Gold Mania
12-26-2000, 09:50 AM
Cool. It looks like I am going to be making a trip to JAX again. First two games were not so great, I didn't even get to my seat and we already had a punt returned against us. Maybe the third time will be a charm.

Don't worry about the Donks. Their schedule will feature such powerhouses like Cinncinati, Clevland, etc..<P>

Bwana
12-26-2000, 09:52 AM
~Randy Coviz~

2001 SCHEDULE

The Chiefs' 2001 schedule is now set. Besides the home-and-away games against AFC West rivals Oakland, Denver, San Diego and Seattle, the Chiefs will have home games against the New York Giants and Philadelphia of the NFC, and Pittsburgh and Indianapolis. Non-division road games will be at Arizona and Washington of the NFC, and Jacksonville and the New York Jets of the AFC.

Ouch!

TEX
12-26-2000, 09:54 AM
I can't believe we don't get to play Dallas! I could have scored great tickets at Texas Stadium! BUMMER - the Chiefs can't even have a losing season the right way. *grin*

morphius
12-26-2000, 09:54 AM
Oak - Tennessee, NY Jets, Dallas, Arizona, Miami, Indianapolis, NY Giants, Philadelphia

Den - Baltimore, New England, NY Giants, Washington, Indianapolis, Miami, Dallas, Arizona

Now why does the first and second place teams play the 4th and 5th of the NFC East? Does that make sense to anyone?

kcred
12-26-2000, 10:10 AM
At least we didn't catch Baltimore, and Tennessee. Of the AFC teams we catch, any are beatable, with a decent coaching staff. Can't understand how we missed Dallas and caught the Giants, and Eagles.

Red and Gold Mania
12-26-2000, 10:20 AM
The good thing is that we play these NFC playoff teams at Arrowhead and we all know what happens to these teams when they march in the madhole. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

morphius
12-26-2000, 10:27 AM
KCRed - What I can understand is why Oak and Denver did.
By Seed
1) Giants - Oak, Den, KC, Seattle
2) Eagle - Oak, KC, Seattle, SD
3) Skins - Den, KC, Seattle, SD
4) Cowboys - Oak, Denver, Seattle, SD
5) Cards - Oak, Denver, KC, SD

So Seattle took it even worse then we did having to play the top four teams. SD is the only one that makes sense, they were last so the play the bottom four teams.

bkkcoh
12-26-2000, 10:30 AM
Does anyone really know what the criteria or logic is behind the next year's schedules?

------------------
Brian K.

Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair.
[i]George Burns </I>

Mark M
12-26-2000, 11:02 AM
bk--
The NFL uses a formula to determine who plays who...for example, AFC West #3 plays NFC East #4, and so on. The league has the match ups already done before the previous season begins. It just depends on what teams fall where on who plays whom.

ABC and ESPN then decide which matchups they want for primetime...got a feeling the Chiefs will be nowhere close to a night game next year.

At one time I actually had the formula tables printed off of the NFL site. Don't know where they are now. Sorry.

MM
~~Thinks AZ, Cinci and Cleveland should be the only teams the Chiefs play next year...

------------------
One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.
--George W. Bush

stevieray
12-26-2000, 11:13 AM
Bowlen has Tagilibue in his back pocket. Has for years.

gh4chiefs
12-26-2000, 11:19 AM
Well considering how we played against "easy" teams this year, maybe this is not a bad thing.

------------------
Gary