PDA

View Full Version : AWSOME Christmas present (Chiefs related)

JOhn
12-26-2000, 09:40 AM
Hey Everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas. Just had to pass this along, I got a very awsome present this year.

It All started back in 1969, the year the Chiefs were KINGS. That year in recogition of the Chiefs accomplishments the McCormick distilling Co, in Weston Mo, Bottled a Limited edition 86 proof wiskey bottle in the shape of a Chiefs helmet. My mother who owned a liquer store at that time, recieved one from the McCormick Rep.

It has sat on the shelf at my mothers since then, unopened. I have always admired it. This year, times being a little tough (money wise) for my mother she decided to pass along some of her extensive Chiefs collection to her favorite son, instead of buying gifts.

And I recieved it :) This has to be one of the best gifts I have ever recieved. I have to admit, when I saw what it was I was moved to tears, as it is a gift that truely came from the heart.<P>

morphius
12-26-2000, 09:43 AM
Spooon! Great gift, sounds like you had a pretty good Christmas.

Rick Stephens
12-26-2000, 09:45 AM
John,

What a great gift! As a Chiefs collector I have that bottle also. Did you know that there is two different bottles. One has the information on the bottom in black lettering and the other one has white lettering. I have one of each. Just thought I would let you know.

JOhn
12-26-2000, 09:54 AM
Rick,
Mine has the white lettering. Fact is I was always to afraid to touch it, so untill last night I didn't even know it was printed on the bottom.

FYI, The bottle is to be opened only when the Chiefs win another SB.
(but I probebly won't even open it then)

mlyonsd
12-26-2000, 11:57 AM
JOhn,

Be very careful. Whiskey that old sometimes breaks down. If it is brown in color, say it has an iced tea look, it could be bad.

My suggestion is to empty the contents and send it to me, I will be able to tell you if it's any good or not. In case it is bad, keep the bottle as a very nice memento/keep sake.

Your concerned pal,
Mark