PDA

View Full Version : If Herm Edwards was fired during the year or at the end of the year...

UteChief
09-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Would you like to see Al Saunders named head coach?

58-4ever
09-11-2006, 10:10 PM
this has got to be one of the dumbest questions ever proposed on the planet. Ever...

UteChief
09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
It was only a question. You don't have to be an asshole.

SNR
09-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Uhh... I don't know. Sure?

Guru
09-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Trent Green can coach.

Calcountry
09-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Would you like to see Al Saunders named head coach?Here's a question too, try not to be an asshole:

If I took a shit, and it floated, would it mean that I am eating healthy?

If it sunk, should I change my diet?

Poop thread. :shake:

Mecca
09-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Here's a question too, try not to be an asshole:

I was watching blind date once and this guy was telling this woman that........I'm sure that's a way to get chicks.

Count Zarth
09-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Introducing your new head coach...GUNTHER CUNNINGHAM!

DMAC

As long as you poop, I would say everything is good.

Poop is poop. That is what my momma always said.

Mecca

Son, that's not even funny, take it back now.

Guru

cool, at least we will "just miss" the playoffs again.

dirk digler
I have a better question. How long does the honeymoon for Herm last?

UteChief
09-11-2006, 10:26 PM

what if half floates and half sinks?

DMAC
09-11-2006, 10:28 PM
what if half floates and half sinks?That's only in bizarro world, man. Come on. Use your head. Noob.

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm not for it. However, before that could even happen, the Redskins would have to allow the Chiefs to talk to him. I seriously doubt that they would allow that since Al was worth a 10 mil contract to them. So Al isn't even an option. What we'll have if Herm is canned is we will have either Gunther or Solari as the interm HC.

Let's face it though, Herm isn't going anywhere. Not this season, not next. The only way he goes is if/when Carl leaves and the new GM goes in a different direction. Carl made it clear he doesn't want to shop for another HC and that Herm will probably be his last hire.

Everyone can be upset about the O, but the problem isn't necesarily Herm. Sure there's been a lot of talk about what Herm wants to see this O do, but seriously how often can you believe what you hear out of the Chiefs during camp? They are playing Poker.

This O was built from FAs and guys that had been in Red going back to Marty. It worked so well, it was left alone for 5 years. Now those players are getting old, and those that are left aren't able to do the same things they did 5 years ago. How many top squads can maintain the same level of performance as long as we have without a lot of new talent rotating in? Not too many, if any.

If DV and Al were here one more year, I seriously doubt the O would be much different. Roaf would still be retired, Welbourn would still be suspended, Black would still stink but he'd be playing - probably at LEFT Tackle too because DV wouldn't have tried for Turley. They would have went after undrafted FAs to plug the holes because DV loves the underdogs. Add in, on D, we would be running the same guys we fielded last year and Hicks would still be starting.

No, I am not happy with yesterday. But I'd rather play the cards we have than and hope than to go ahead and fold now because like it or not, it's too late to get a new hand.

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 10:34 PM
I hit the stupid quote button instead of the edit button. :banghead:

Mecca
09-11-2006, 10:35 PM
What if........we go 2-14? Think Herm and Carl would be on the hotseat then?

Rausch
09-11-2006, 10:37 PM
No, but I'd cut off a nut with a dull spoon to get Cowher...

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 10:37 PM

Yep, and like I said - the NEW GM WILL HIRE THE NEXT HC.

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 10:38 PM

I'd love that too, but I don't see it happening.

Guru

They should be, but they won't be.

Mecca
Yep, and like I said - the NEW GM WILL HIRE THE NEXT HC.

Here's the problem, I don't really wanna see the Chiefs be a horrific team but if it happens it might be better for the long term if it gets Carl out of here. I think most of us have had enough of Carl and are ready for a new guy to give it a go.

UteChief
09-11-2006, 10:41 PM
That's only in bizarro world, man. Come on. Use your head. Noob.

How can you consider me a noob when you registered eight months after me?

Mecca
09-11-2006, 10:42 PM

Ohhh logic.....something not witnessed to often here on the planet.

58-4ever
09-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Ohhh logic.....something not witnessed to often here on the planet.

or the correct usage of two, to, too.

Guru
09-11-2006, 10:44 PM

8 months?

Jan 2005 to April 2005

8 months? :shake:

230 posts vs. nearly 16,000 posts.

shut up n00b

Guru
09-11-2006, 10:45 PM
ROFL

Mecca

Yes, I know........I had english class first hour in high school and slept alot.....sorry about that.

NJ Chief Fan
bill cowher will be available after the season

58-4ever
09-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Yes, I know........I had english class first hour in high school and slept alot.....sorry about that.

Alot is not a word. And I'm just giving you a hard time man. But not in a Chris Simms kind of way.

UteChief
09-11-2006, 10:47 PM
8 months?

Jan 2005 to April 2005

8 months? :shake:

230 posts vs. nearly 16,000 posts.

shut up n00b

Uh no, DMAC registered in September 05.

Mecca
09-11-2006, 10:50 PM

You are penalized for having a life and not posting 50 times a day...

runnercyclist
09-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Alot is not a word. And I'm just giving you a hard time man. But not in a Chris Simms kind of way.

NTTAWWT

Guru
09-11-2006, 10:51 PM
$hit. busted. Looked at the user that replyed rather than the person that made the statement. :banghead:

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 10:52 PM
busted. Looked at the user that replyed rather than the person that made the statement. :banghead:

Way to go nOOB!!!

:D

(I couldnt resist the irony)

Guru
09-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Way to go nOOB!!!

:D

I deserve that. :banghead: ROFL

Mecca
09-11-2006, 10:54 PM
I deserve that. :banghead: ROFL

Son........you got pwnt.

alanm
09-11-2006, 11:09 PM
No, I am not happy with yesterday. But I'd rather play the cards we have than and hope than to go ahead and fold now because like it or not, it's too late to get a new hand.

If only you could win in the NFL on a bluff. :( :deevee:

Spicy McHaggis
09-11-2006, 11:12 PM
I have a better question. How long does the honeymoon for Herm last?

I don't think Herm has a honeymoon period. The fans expect him to win right away, they'll be upset if he doesn't and rightfully so.

KCChiefsFan88
09-12-2006, 12:05 AM
How about the return of Marty if the Chargers shitcan him.

If nothing else that would probably cause ChiefsPlanet to meltdown with Martyball posts!

alanm
09-12-2006, 12:28 AM
How about the return of Marty if the Chargers shitcan him.

If nothing else that would probably cause ChiefsPlanet to meltdown with Martyball posts!
At least we know what we got with Marty. This Herm thing, I've got no clue how this is going to turn out. Right now after the Chiefs just did a Ric Flair face plant into the canvas it couldn't get any worse could it?? :eek:

Guru
09-12-2006, 12:29 AM
At least we know what we got with Marty. This Herm thing, I've got no clue how this is going to turn out. Right now after the Chiefs just did a Ric Flair face plant into the canvas it couldn't get any worse could it?? :eek:

Do you really want an answer to that?

Mecca
09-12-2006, 12:30 AM

Now Triple H is going to hit us with the sledgehammer.......

alanm
09-12-2006, 12:37 AM
Do you really want an answer to that?
I think we'll find out just how bad it gets this weekend in Denver. I just can't shake the feeling that this season will be just like 04 when the season was over before October. :deevee: :banghead: :cuss: :(

greg63
09-12-2006, 12:40 AM

Yes.

Smed1065
09-12-2006, 01:05 AM

Yours or theirs. It makes a big difference IMO. LOL

Gravedigger
09-12-2006, 01:08 AM
I hear Mike Tice is looking for a job

Tribal Warfare
09-12-2006, 03:24 AM
Ron Rivera at the end of the season

CupidStunt
09-12-2006, 03:43 AM
**** him.

JEFF FISHER!

Tribal Warfare
09-12-2006, 03:48 AM
**** him.

JEFF FISHER!

It would be an easier transition since Rivera prefers the cover 2 defense. Unlike Fisher's "46" defense

Saggysack
09-12-2006, 03:57 AM
It would be an easier transition since Rivera prefers the cover 2 defense. Unlike Fisher's "46" defense

Ron Rivera will be one the hottest commodities at the end of the season. Bank on it.

Saggysack
09-12-2006, 04:18 AM
**** him.

JEFF FISHER!

**** Jeff Fisher!

One SB appearance and he somehow elevates to god like coaching status. Unbelievable. In case you haven't noticed, Tennessee sucks.

Why don't you run out and start a campaign for Barry Switzer, atleast he won the SB he was in.

Guru
09-12-2006, 04:51 AM
Well, while we are dreaming....

Bill Cowher

CupidStunt
09-12-2006, 05:24 AM
One SB appearance and he somehow elevates to god like coaching status.

Not quite. But for good reason. He's a damn good coach; better than anything we've had in decades.

The Titans suck because they have no players. He wanted Matt Leinart and the dumb ass owner wanted Vince Young. Guess who won?

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2006, 05:28 AM
Introducing your new head coach...GUNTHER CUNNINGHAM!This is a pretty good idea.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Even if we go 0-16, Herm and Carl are here for another 4 years.

jspchief
09-12-2006, 07:26 AM
I'd like to remind everyone that 10 teams needed a new head coach this year, and not a single one of them thought enough of Al Saunders to give him the job.

When you're the best OC in the league, and still get passed on by 10 teams, I'm going to assume there is something about you that makes you not a good candidate for a head coaching position.

dirk digler
09-12-2006, 07:35 AM
I think the honeymoon is over already for Herm.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 07:40 AM
I'd like to remind everyone that 10 teams needed a new head coach this year, and not a single one of them thought enough of Al Saunders to give him the job.

When you're the best OC in the league, and still get passed on by 10 teams, I'm going to assume there is something about you that makes you not a good candidate for a head coaching position.

That offense sure looked good last night...

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Even if we go 0-16, Herm and Carl are here for another 4 years.

Sad but True...

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 07:42 AM
I think the honeymoon is over already for Herm.

What did he do anywhere else to warrant a Honeymoon????

jspchief
09-12-2006, 07:42 AM
I think the honeymoon is over already for Herm.I blinked and missed Herm's honeymoon period. The guy doesn't have a prayer. 50% of the fanbase determined he's a failure before he ever coached his first game.

dirk digler
09-12-2006, 07:46 AM
I blinked and missed Herm's honeymoon period. The guy doesn't have a prayer. 50% of the fanbase determined he's a failure before he ever coached his first game.

I was willing to give Herm a full chance but after Sunday's game I am having major buyer's remorse.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 07:53 AM
I blinked and missed Herm's honeymoon period. The guy doesn't have a prayer. 50% of the fanbase determined he's a failure before he ever coached his first game.

Yep.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 07:58 AM
50% is being generous. I would say 80% were very disappointed in the Hire of this assclown. After a very crappy offseason/preseason and now a typical Herm performance on opening day.

I would say the numbers at around 90% think his is a tool and would rather replace him now and rebuild this year.

But I am sure Htismaqe will disagree with me?

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2006, 07:59 AM

His performance history was right out in front of you. What more did you need?

jspchief
09-12-2006, 08:00 AM
I was willing to give Herm a full chance but after Sunday's game I am having major buyer's remorse.I don't know how you can possibly judge him based on that game. The line play was such a cluster****. It's like judging him on last season when he lost 4 QBs and a bunch of other players to injury.

Bob Dole
09-12-2006, 08:00 AM
I was willing to give Herm a full chance but after Sunday's game I am having major buyer's remorse.

Doesn't Missouri have a Lemon Law?

jspchief
09-12-2006, 08:02 AM
His performance history was right out in front of you. What more did you need?You mean 3 play-off appearances and 2 play-off wins in 5 years? More post-season success than this team has had in over a decade?

People around here have been pretty selective about which parts of Herm's history they look at.

dirk digler
09-12-2006, 08:06 AM
I don't know how you can possibly judge him based on that game. The line play was such a cluster****. It's like judging him on last season when he lost 4 QBs and a bunch of other players to injury.

The problem is he knew the line would be a cluster**** or he should have know.

I can't imagine the line looks that great in practice especially Jordan Black.

I know it is 1 game but that was the game we needed to win especially going to Denver this week which is all but a guaranteed loss.

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2006, 08:07 AM
You mean 3 play-off appearances and 2 play-off wins in 5 years? More post-season success than this team has had in over a decade?

People around here have been pretty selective about which parts of Herm's history they look at.

Those were fortunate opportunities for him. He didn't build those teams, he destroyed them. Notice the success the first game of this season for them vs. first game last year for them?

Keep trusting in Herm. Hopefully you won't be disappointed.

jspchief
09-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Those were fortunate opportunities for him. He didn't build those teams, he destroyed them. Notice the success the first game of this season for them vs. first game last year for them?

Keep trusting in Herm. Hopefully you won't be disappointed.I find it more than a little ridiculous that you guys choose to single out individual moments and/or games to judge him, while completely ignoring the entire body of work.

I can go through games and moments with Vermeil and Saunders that are equally as repulsive as the stupidity that Herm has displayed, yet here we are in a thread about making Saunders the coach after Herm's inevitable failure.

I mean, how much does losing that first game of the year matter if you go on to the play-offs and even win a play-off game? Would you rather a Vermeil team that comes out like a lion, only to lose every meaningful game in November and December? That stomping we gave out in week 1 last year really paid off when we couldn't beat Buffalo, Dallas, or NYG late in the year.

You guys harp on one set of downs at the end of that play-off game, while completely ignoring all the plays that got him the play-off win over San Diego and in position to win the game against Pittsburgh.

It's absurd.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 08:19 AM
50% is being generous. I would say 80% were very disappointed in the Hire of this assclown. After a very crappy offseason/preseason and now a typical Herm performance on opening day.

I would say the numbers at around 90% think his is a tool and would rather replace him now and rebuild this year.

But I am sure Htismaqe will disagree with me?

Disagree with what?

That 90% of the fanbase (which quite likely is one of the most fickle in football) is unhappy with Herm?

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 08:22 AM
I find it more than a little ridiculous that you guys choose to single out individual moments and/or games to judge him, while completely ignoring the entire body of work.

I can go through games and moments with Vermeil and Saunders that are equally as repulsive as the stupidity that Herm has displayed, yet here we are in a thread about making Saunders the coach after Herm's inevitable failure.

I mean, how much does losing that first game of the year matter if you go on to the play-offs and even win a play-off game? Would you rather a Vermeil team that comes out like a lion, only to lose every meaningful game in November and December? That stomping we gave out in week 1 last year really paid off when we couldn't beat Buffalo, Dallas, or NYG late in the year.

You guys harp on one set of downs at the end of that play-off game, while completely ignoring all the plays that got him the play-off win over San Diego and in position to win the game against Pittsburgh.

It's absurd.

You shouldn't be surprised.

This is no place for rational thought.

We've got a coach to fire!

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2006, 08:22 AM
I find it more than a little ridiculous that you guys choose to single out individual moments and/or games to judge him, while completely ignoring the entire body of work.

It's absurd.

I think you make some excellent points. But one doesn't excuse the other. I don't/didn't want Saunders as HC either. I doubt any of us change our minds until something positive and consistant happens. I guess you will change yours when negative and inconsistancy happens?

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 08:26 AM
I think you make some excellent points. But one doesn't excuse the other. I don't/didn't want Saunders as HC either. I doubt any of us change our minds until something positive and consistant happens. I guess you will change yours when negative and inconsistancy happens?

I can't speak for jsp, but for me the answer is a resounding YES.

I'm not suggesting Herm will succeed.

But I am going to wait to call for his head until AFTER he fails.

Just like I did with Vermeil.

FringeNC
09-12-2006, 08:28 AM
I haven't wanted Herm since the rumors of him coming here started. I think the guy is a fraud.

Having said that, I'm not sure how responsible Herm is for the debacle on Sunday. Herm isn't a hands-on coach. He doesn't call the plays on either side of the ball. I doubt he even made the call to start Jordan Black. My guess is he deferred to Solari, who was one of the best offensive line coaches in the league.

If we struggled on offense, it is because of the Oline and Solari's game-plan and play-calling. How much of it was Solari's fault? Impossible to say after one game. I doubt we'd have looked as bad with Vermeil and Saunders, but those guys schemed together for five years.

So...if you want to blame someone, I guess you blame Solari, and he was severely hampered by shitty line play and it was his first game. Given that Solari was new at this, we probably shouldn't have been vanilla during pre-season, and let Solari actually call games.

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2006, 08:28 AM
I can't speak for jsp, but for me the answer is a resounding YES.

I'm not suggesting Herm will succeed.

But I am going to wait to call for his head until AFTER he fails.

Just like I did with Vermeil.

and that is fine....... but don't judge the others that are quicker to come to the same conclusion you will later

jspchief
09-12-2006, 08:32 AM
I think you make some excellent points. But one doesn't excuse the other. I don't/didn't want Saunders as HC either. I doubt any of us change our minds until something positive and consistant happens. I guess you will change yours when negative and inconsistancy happens?I won't have to change my mind because I haven't made up my mind yet. The guy has coached one game. I wouldn't judge a HC on his first season, let alone his first game.

And to be honest, it looks like it's going to take awhile before I do make up my mind. I thought with Herm inheriting a pretty good team, that we'd find out pretty quickly what he can do. I now realize that the loss of our two tackles is going to have a major effect on this offense, so Herm isn't taking over as good a team as I had anticipated.

Bob Dole
09-12-2006, 08:38 AM
The thread topic still makes Bob Dole laugh every time he looks at it.

dirk digler
09-12-2006, 08:38 AM

The problem is since 1990 only 17 teams have made the playoffs starting 0-2. In 2004 and 2005 no team that started 0-2 made the playoffs.

Right now we are in big trouble unless we pull out a miracle in Denver.

Frankie
09-12-2006, 08:53 AM

If it sunk it would mean it is NOT a witch and doesn't need to be burned on the stake.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 08:54 AM
and that is fine....... but don't judge the others that are quicker to come to the same conclusion you will later

I'll continue to judge people based on the merits of their arguments. So far, I've seen very little sound reasoning.

Just an FYI, if the conclusion you jump to turns out to be correct, that makes you LUCKY, not smart.

Chiefnj
09-12-2006, 08:58 AM
I wanted Saunders this past year because I thought he could keep the O alive another year or so. I don't want him if things don't work out with Herm. I don't want to try to resurrect anything. Start clean with a hungry young coach. It was fun watching some of the teams with first year coaches this past weekend. They all seemed to play with a lot of fire and heart. The retreads (Herm and Shell) got their asses handed to them.

StcChief
09-12-2006, 09:09 AM
First off highly unlikely to happen. (block out the east coast talkers folks).

The Trent injury, Roaf/Welbourne retire.

Issues beyond Herm's control. Carl has to address these, appearantly trying with OT signing? Rod Gardner
as another WR.

These won't get Herm out unless he just FU royal.

Bob Dole
09-12-2006, 09:21 AM
The retreads (Herm and Shell) got their asses handed to them.

In Shell's defense, Art appears to be the best lineman on either team.

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2006, 09:28 AM
I'll continue to judge people based on the merits of their arguments. So far, I've seen very little sound reasoning.

Just an FYI, if the conclusion you jump to turns out to be correct, that makes you LUCKY, not smart.

When that makes me look smart.....you will look stupid.
I think you have proven some of that already. Quite the pompous ass that thinks he is the only one that can judge reasoning correctly.

Would you care to enlighten those of us who might have missed your sound reasoning as to why Herm was a good choice?

KCChiefsFan88
09-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Us GERM WARFARE Freedom fighters are smiling over the realization many people are finally having about Herm

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 09:42 AM
I think you have proven some of that already. Quite the pompous ass that thinks he is the only one that can judge reasoning correctly.

Would you care to enlighten those of us who might have missed your sound reasoning as to why Herm was a good choice?

Nice very nice!!!! Anxiously awaiting the response from Htismaqe.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Us GERM WARFARE Freedom fighters are smiling over the realization many people are finally having about Herm

You know I never really understood this hire, Other than Carl's yes man.

I was kinding of hoping they would get Sean Peyton who when to NO....

Oh well, bring on the 5 year Herm plan. LOL!!!!

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 09:48 AM

ROFL

I'd like to attend the community college logic class you did...

You know, the one where they taught you to jump to conclusions like:

If htismaqe would rather wait to judge Herm until AFTER he coaches a few games, that automatically means htismaqe thought Herm was a good choice.

I'm a pompous ass because this kind of dumassery DESERVES IT...

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2006, 10:01 AM
ROFL

I'd like to attend the community college logic class you did...

You know, the one where they taught you to jump to conclusions like:

If htismaqe would rather wait to judge Herm until AFTER he coaches a few games, that automatically means htismaqe thought Herm was a good choice.

I'm a pompous ass because this kind of dumassery DESERVES IT...

just what I thought, you can't answer the question. You are a pompous ass because you need the attention. Get over yourself and answer the question that was posed to you.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 10:02 AM
just what I thought, you can't answer the question. You are a pompous ass because you need the attention. Get over yourself and answer the question that was posed to you.

I would like to hear that answer to the question as well Htismaqe....

Or are you just got to set there and be owned by King_Chief_Fan?

jspchief
09-12-2006, 10:06 AM
He answered the damn question. He said he never claimed Edwards was a good choice.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 10:18 AM
He answered the damn question. He said he never claimed Edwards was a good choice.

Very enlightening...

Now why does he think Edwards is not a good choice?

It seems others cant express there thoughts on here with out his sorry ass putting them down, Then when someone asks him to validate his reasoning, you come to the rescue?

LesterLyles
09-12-2006, 10:19 AM
I haven't wanted Herm since the rumors of him coming here started. I think the guy is a fraud.

Having said that, I'm not sure how responsible Herm is for the debacle on Sunday. Herm isn't a hands-on coach. He doesn't call the plays on either side of the ball. I doubt he even made the call to start Jordan Black. My guess is he deferred to Solari, who was one of the best offensive line coaches in the league.

If we struggled on offense, it is because of the Oline and Solari's game-plan and play-calling. How much of it was Solari's fault? Impossible to say after one game. I doubt we'd have looked as bad with Vermeil and Saunders, but those guys schemed together for five years.

So...if you want to blame someone, I guess you blame Solari, and he was severely hampered by shitty line play and it was his first game. Given that Solari was new at this, we probably shouldn't have been vanilla during pre-season, and let Solari actually call games.

This post sounds very similar to many Jets posts over the years and perhaps it warrants its own thread. Indeed Herm is very hands off in that he almost completely defers to the coordinators. Whether this is a good strategy or not is yup for debate but their aren't many successful coaches who have thrived in this way. This also creates the "throw the assistants under the bus" reactions. Yes it is probably Solari's fault b/c Herm isn't involved in the O. Ultimately, though, why isn't Herm involved? That is the question that begs asking.

Bob Dole
09-12-2006, 10:21 AM
This thread is comedy gold.

jspchief
09-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Very enlightening...

Now why does he think Edwards is not a good choice?

It seems others cant express there thoughts on here with out his sorry ass putting them down, Then when someone asks him to validate his reasoning, you come to the rescue?I'll type slowly so you can understand.

He didn't say Edwards was a good choice
He didn't say Edwards was a bad choice
He did say he would wait to see what Edwards does for this team before he evaluates what kind of choice it is.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 10:22 AM
I'll type slowly so you can understand.

He didn't say Edwards was a good choice
He didn't say Edwards was a bad choice
He did say he would wait to see what Edwards does for this team before he evaluates what kind of choice it is.

Read slowly dude, WTF are you his spokesman or something?

I want to hear his validated reasoning behind it.. How hard it that to comprehend for the illustrious HTISMAQE?

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Gotta love it. I address the issue point blank and the response I get is internet psycho-analysis.

Thanks for that, I never realized that my problem was that I wasn't loved enough as a child.

All along, I thought the problem was that there's so many idiots here...

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 10:26 AM

I want to hear his validated reasoning behind it.. How hard it that to comprehend for the illustrious HTISMAQE?

I explained my reasoning behind it before the guy was hired, after the guy was hired, and at several points in between.

I don't like his approach to the game, nor did I like the fact that he kept Gunther.

Of course, that doesn't mean a damn thing. This isn't about Herm. This is about Chief fans that fancy themselves clairvoyant...

jspchief
09-12-2006, 10:26 AM

I want to hear his validated reasoning behind it.. How hard it that to comprehend for the illustrious HTISMAQE?So are you King Chief Fan's spokesman? You didn't even ask the question yet you feel qualified to demand answers while being particular about who gives the answer.

What is the damn question? He answered the one that KCF asked. Read the thread. You're asking him to answer a question that you already have the answer to.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Gotta love it. I address the issue point blank and the response I get is internet psycho-analysis.

Thanks for that, I never realized that my problem was that I wasn't loved enough as a child.

All along, I thought the problem was that there's so many idiots here...

Bravo!!! Marvelous!!!! I wouldnt expect anything less from you. Very intelligent and insighted... How does it feel to be the only intelligent one on this message board?

How can we not see that Htismaqe is going to wait a few games before he judges...

Agian, Just a remarkable come back for all of us idiots on this board.

I guess we all should have received our Bachelors from the college you attended...

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 10:30 AM
So are you King Chief Fan's spokesman?

I will be if you admit that you are Htismaqe's.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=htismaqe]I don't like his approach to the game, nor did I like the fact that he kept Gunther.QUOTE]

At least we agree on something.

htismaqe
Bravo!!! Marvelous!!!! I wouldnt expect anything less from you. Very intelligent and insighted... How does it feel to be the only intelligent one on this message board?

How can we not see that Htismaqe is going to wait a few games before he judges...

Agian, Just a remarkable come back for all of us idiots on this board.

I guess we all should have received our Bachelors from the college you attended...

There you go, jumping to conclusions again.

There's a great many intelligent people on this board. Methinks you're just sad because you're not one of them...

jspchief
I will be if you admit that you are Htismaqe's.Sure I am. He asked me to tell you you're a moron.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Sure I am. He asked me to tell you you're a moron.

You guys are great. Thanks for the banter, keeps the day interesting...

Gotta run, enjoyed the smack talk.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Methinks you're just sad because you're not one of them...

Funny, I think the same about you....

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Funny, I think the same about you....

I know, you've told me that before.

And I still consider it a compliment, coming from you.

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2006, 10:59 AM
I explained my reasoning behind it before the guy was hired, after the guy was hired, and at several points in between.

I don't like his approach to the game, nor did I like the fact that he kept Gunther.

Of course, that doesn't mean a damn thing. This isn't about Herm. This is about Chief fans that fancy themselves clairvoyant...

Now we are getting somewhere.... You must not like the things you mentioned because they have proven to do what?? I think if you answer that question you will see that I am not attempting to be clairvoyant at all. You learn a lot from the past....agree?

Thanks for answering the question.....I think. I have not been able to see your position earlier and you came across as a I know more than you do type. (you may still think that, but I don't care anymore on this subject. We may choose something else to argue about)

We should drink a beer together sometime and laugh about this. Maybe when the next coach is hired.
Have a good one

Reerun_KC
09-12-2006, 11:02 AM
We should drink a beer together sometime and laugh about this. Maybe when the next coach is hired.
Have a good one

Agreed!

Htismaqe, jspchief, and myself... That would make for some good discussion over a couple of cold ones.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Now we are getting somewhere.... You must not like the things you mentioned because they have proven to do what?? I think if you answer that question you will see that I am not attempting to be clairvoyant at all. You learn a lot from the past....agree?

Thanks for answering the question.....I think. I have not been able to see your position earlier and you came across as a I know more than you do type. (you may still think that, but I don't care anymore on this subject. We may choose something else to argue about)

Have a good one

This all starts with the want of certain people here to pull this card:

CP member: "Herm should be fired!"
htismaqe: "Why?"
CP member: "Because he sucks!"
htismaqe: "Well, he did take the Jets to the playoffs more times in 5 years than the Chiefs did in TEN."
CP member: "Well, have fun sucking Herm's dick. Must be nice to love everything this team does, Apologist."

Yes, there are many times when I do feel like I know more about things, primarily because I try to look at things from ALL sides. For instance, you mention that we can learn alot from the past. Well, what did we learn about Dick Vermeil, considering that he won the Super Bowl in St. Louis just 24 short months before coming to KC?

Well, frankly, NOTHING. Because people can and do CHANGE.

shaneo69
09-12-2006, 11:11 AM

There is no chance of this happening because Carl Peterson would never admit he made a mistake in hiring Herm. That's why he didn't hire Saunders this offseason....because that would've been admitting that he made a mistake when he didn't hire him in 1999.

Hiring Gunther as HC was not a mistake. They just relieved him of his duties because they had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hire the Greatest Coach of All-Time, Dick Vermiel.

Keeping Elvis and letting Gannon walk was not a mistake. Elvis was younger and Gannon would've never had success here in our system.

Peterson will retire before he fires Herm.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 11:14 AM
There is no chance of this happening because Carl Peterson would never admit he made a mistake in hiring Herm. That's why he didn't hire Saunders this offseason....because that would've been admitting that he made a mistake when he didn't hire him in 1999.

Hiring Gunther as HC was not a mistake. They just relieved him of his duties because they had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hire the Greatest Coach of All-Time, Dick Vermiel.

Keeping Elvis and letting Gannon walk was not a mistake. Elvis was younger and Gannon would've never had success here in our system.

Peterson will retire before he fires Herm.

9 other teams this past offseason, as well as several NFL teams and it least one D-1 college team in the past 5 years, passed on hiring Saunders as well. Evidently, there's alot of teams out there making "mistakes".

You last sentence is 100% correct.

jspchief
09-12-2006, 11:16 AM
That's why he didn't hire Saunders this offseason....because that would've been admitting that he made a mistake when he didn't hire him in 1999.Just curious, is that also the reason the other 9 NFL teams shopping for a head coach didn't hire Saunders?

shaneo69
09-12-2006, 11:28 AM
htis/jsp: I should clarify....I never wanted Saunders as HC, and I do not want him now. I would rather have Herm than Saunders.

I'm just saying that Carl would never fire Herm and hire Saunders because that would be an admission on his part that he had made a mistake.

ChiTown
09-12-2006, 11:29 AM
I'd like to be shot in the head for being stupid enough to read this entire thread. gdamn.........

Bob Dole
09-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Just curious, is that also the reason the other 9 NFL teams shopping for a head coach didn't hire Saunders?

That, and competing with a $2mil offer to be an OC...

Bob Dole
09-12-2006, 11:34 AM
I'd like to be shot in the head for being stupid enough to read this entire thread. gdamn.........

EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

ChiTown
09-12-2006, 11:46 AM
EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

From the thread title alone, I should have known how gdamn stupid this thread would be. Fire a coach in his first year, and start discussing it after one fuggin game? Are you kidding me?

Bunch of fkn idiots.....including myself for taking the time to read it.

keg in kc
09-12-2006, 11:49 AM
There's a reason he's still a coordinator after an offseason with so many open jobs.

So...no.

And Jesus, one loss and we're firing the coach.

JohnnyJet
09-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Honeymoon=OVER

Chiefnj
09-12-2006, 12:22 PM
I think age played a part in Saunders not getting the job. Most teams went with younger guys as head coach.

Since nobody else signed Saunders means he's a bad coach, does it mean Herm is bad also because the Chiefs were the only team to try and get him? At least Saunders had a couple of different interviews.

jspchief
09-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Since nobody else signed Saunders means he's a bad coach, does it mean Herm is bad also because the Chiefs were the only team to try and get him? At least Saunders had a couple of different interviews.Not the same situation.

At best all that demonstrates is that the Chiefs were the only team stupid enough to give up a draft pick for a coach. Not quite the same as being on the open market and passed up on by 10 teams.

MOhillbilly
09-12-2006, 12:37 PM
from what i reckon i dont think saunders has the personality to be a head coach.

and whom ever said theres a reason he is still a OC- that has a grain of truth to it.
Id like to know why even now after years of bitching about gunther KC would take a guy whos a great position coach and a below average DC and stick w/ him?

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Not the same situation.

At best all that demonstrates is that the Chiefs were the only team stupid enough to give up a draft pick for a coach. Not quite the same as being on the open market and passed up on by 10 teams.

Chiefnj
09-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Not the same situation.

He got his team to the playoffs 3 of 5 years. Teams weren't willing to give up a 2nd day draft pick for that great track record??

greg63
09-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Honeymoon=OVER

Never started; Herm was left at the altar.