PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Chargers... There's no way in hell we're gonna contain their PR.

wutamess
09-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Merriman is a freaking beast.
Reggie White like.

He's gonna eat Turley's ass up this year.
Not to mention Black.
That DLine is AWESOME.

Mecca
09-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Pretty much........Shawne Merriman might be better than he thinks he is....that's saying something.

09-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Well, they are the best team to not make the playoffs last year.

58-4ever
09-11-2006, 10:32 PM
This thread title made me think of how the media will be slobbering all over the Chargers. Looks like you beat 'em to it.

leviw
09-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Please don't forget to give credit to the Raiders' o-line. Horrible.

Demonpenz
09-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks carl for drafting that overweight piece of shit derrick johnson instead of lights out!

Mecca
09-11-2006, 10:52 PM

Even worse than ours?

tk13
09-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Well, they are the best team to not make the playoffs last year.
EVAR!!!! Best team to ever miss the playoffs!!!

DaFace
09-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Although I don't argue with your point, you do have to admit that the Raiders were trying out their new "snap the ball and then lie on the ground" o-line scheme. It may not be effective, but they performed it to perfection. :D

wutamess
09-11-2006, 10:55 PM

And we have the best in the NFL.
I forgot that.
My bad.

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
What do you expect from Marty? The guy needs to leave the O in someone else's hands, but he can put together a D as well as any HC in the NFL.

leviw
09-11-2006, 10:56 PM
And we have the best in the NFL.
I forgot that.
My bad.

Didn't say that. Oakland's is, however, worse than ours. At least our interior is solid.

Smed1065
09-11-2006, 10:59 PM
I would have been happy as hell if he just ran our D instead of the whole team. IMO

wutamess
09-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Didn't say that. Oakland's is, however, worse than ours. At least our interior is solid.

Did you not see Turly getting bull rushed by Justin Smith?
OR did you not see Black getting his ass kicked all game?

We've reached Raider low.
We're no longer the creme of the crop in the OL category.

The Bad Guy
09-11-2006, 11:03 PM

No, we haven't.

The Raiders have nothing on the line.

We have an interior.

We aren't the creme of the crop, but there is no way we are Raiderlike.

wazu
09-11-2006, 11:04 PM
He's gonna eat Turley's ass up this year.

I didn't even know they were dating.

leviw
09-11-2006, 11:05 PM

Hence the "interior" comment. Black and Turley are tackles.

I hate repeating myself, but for your sake: I didn't say our OL was good. I said the Raiders' is bad. And by bad, I mean worse than ours.

Hydrae
09-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Hopefully we will let Larry touch the ball and keep some short pass plays in so the d-line has to think about something other than just pinning the ears back and rushing the passer. That is a large part of why the Raiders o-line has looked so bad. Not saying they are good but that they are being asked to something almost impossible. Have to run the ball to get some time to find a receiver. Then you have to have a receiver do something other than go 15+ yards downfield.

chief2000
09-11-2006, 11:17 PM
We could of had Merriman but our coach needed to win a few extra games at the end of the season.

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 11:21 PM
We could of had Merriman but our coach needed to win a few extra games at the end of the season.

If I remember right, we went into that game with a chance at making the playoffs. I guess we should throw games for draftpicks even when our playoff hopes are still alive?

ChiefsCountry
09-11-2006, 11:27 PM

I would rather have DJ.

Mecca
09-11-2006, 11:27 PM
If I remember right, we went into that game with a chance at making the playoffs. I guess we should throw games for draftpicks even when our playoff hopes are still alive?

We drafted 15 that year so I don't think that's the case, pick 20 doesn't make the playoffs.

Mecca
09-11-2006, 11:29 PM
I would rather have DJ.

Eh that's really questionable.....a big time pass rusher is way more valubable than what DJ is going to be even when he reaches his full potential. It's kind of like saying what would you rather have Derrick Thomas or Donnie Edwards?

ChiefsCountry
09-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Eh that's really questionable.....a big time pass rusher is way more valubable than what DJ is going to be even when he reaches his full potential. It's kind of like saying what would you rather have Derrick Thomas or Donnie Edwards?

If we ran a 3-4 like San Diego, then I say yes but in a 4-3 we need the linebackers with coverage and pass rushing skills.

Mecca
09-11-2006, 11:32 PM
If we ran a 3-4 like San Diego, then I say yes but in a 4-3 we need the linebackers with coverage and pass rushing skills.

In a 4-3 he'd play end......he's about the same size Hali is really with alot more physical talent.

Jim Jones
09-12-2006, 12:03 AM
I would rather have DJ.

DJ might be a really good player someday but he's no Merriman.

TEX
09-12-2006, 12:11 AM
No, we haven't.

The Raiders have nothing on the line.

We have an interior.

We aren't the creme of the crop, but there is no way we are Raiderlike.

Well we were pretty close in sacks allowed and we weren't playing against the Bolts front 7. :hmmm:

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 07:19 AM
Good to see Mecca is now a Charger fan...

CupidStunt
09-12-2006, 07:38 AM

I thought it was Broncos?

Or are we still rooting for the Bengals?

boogblaster
09-12-2006, 07:56 AM
F*ck Bolts DL they had a full run at Faiders OL..plus Brooks is sh*t..no running game either..cut Merriman all day long.. let him get used to having his legs cut.. he'll slow down... BOOG.....

jidar
09-12-2006, 07:57 AM
Meriman looked like a monster. It's hard to imagine Turley stopping him.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-12-2006, 08:38 AM
I would rather have Merriman, than DJ. Right now, anyway. Merriman seems to be more of a game changer. He has "it." While DJ, right now, is just serviceable and not too flashy.

Don't get me wrong, I am saying RIGHT NOW in their careers, and that's only after a year, so things could change...hopefully anyway.

PastorMikH
09-12-2006, 08:41 AM
We drafted 15 that year so I don't think that's the case, pick 20 doesn't make the playoffs.

Wrong year. Perhaps that was the year that DV was trying to save Greg Robinson's job then.

Bob Dole
09-12-2006, 08:52 AM
We need to go ahead and locate some of those expendable landing party guys from the old Star Trek series and put them on the roster as quarterbacks.

There was a reason they always wore a red tunic, you know...

sd4chiefs
09-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks carl for drafting that overweight piece of shit derrick johnson instead of lights out!

The Chargers took Merriman with the 12th pick of the 2005 draft the Chiefs took DJ with the 15th pick. I thought at the time the Chargers were crazy not to take DJ.

brent102fire
09-12-2006, 09:11 AM
If they can get 9 sacks against Gallery and the Raiders, they are going to get atleast 18 against the current Chiefs O-line. It's gonna be a bad game to watch if your a Chiefs Fan :shake: :deevee: :mad: :cuss: :banghead:

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Chargers have this division wrapped up. 8 of their first 12 opponents had losing records last year.

Skip Towne
09-12-2006, 09:19 AM
I was really surprised at how big Merriman is. 268 lbs.

09-12-2006, 10:30 AM
I was really surprised at how big Merriman is. 268 lbs.
me too..and the guy is as quick as a cat and as strong as an ox

Mr. Laz
09-12-2006, 10:39 AM
I would rather have DJ.
dang ..... 'dem some serious homer glasses u b wearin'

:p

B_Ambuehl
09-12-2006, 10:44 AM
That's actually not a bad matchup for Turley since he's more of an OLB who relies on his speed and not a DE. The 3-4 itself definitely makes it easier to get to the quarterback in this day and age of complicated defnesive scheems....it's very difficult to account for everyone.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2006, 10:45 AM
That's actually not a bad matchup for Turley since he's more of an OLB who relies on his speed and not a DE. The 3-4 itself definitely makes it easier to get to the quarterback in this day and age of complicated defnesive scheems....it's very difficult to account for everyone.

what about the power Merriman brings?

wutamess
09-12-2006, 10:52 AM

No shit... he blew up Gallery & Jordan on separate plays.

sd4chiefs
09-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Chargers have this division wrapped up. 8 of their first 12 opponents had losing records last year.

This year is going to be a never ending nightmare for me. My bandwagoning neighbors are going to be asking me everytime I stick my head out the door, 'Are you a Charger Fan yet?' I guess I just need to say 'F*CK NO!!! STICK IT UP YOUR A$$!!!'

Mecca
09-12-2006, 01:03 PM

Because I think Merriman is better than Derrick Johnson? To bad it's a fact he is better.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Because I think Merriman is better than Derrick Johnson? To bad it's a fact he is better.

Nope. Has nothing to do with that actually.

Has more to do with the fact that you apparently think the season starts and ends the last weekend in April...

beer bacon
09-12-2006, 01:06 PM

Hell, I remember Merriman overpowering Roaf a few times at SD last season.

Mecca
09-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Nope. Has nothing to do with that actually.

Has more to do with the fact that you apparently think the season starts and ends the last weekend in April...

......Uh huh, I said this teams window was closed last February unfortunatly it looks like I was right. I tried to be optimistic heading into the season but the hard cold fact of this team is it sucks. It doesn't make me a non fan but I can see that it isn't good and I can readily admit that.

Garcia Bronco
09-12-2006, 01:14 PM
The Raiders were in 3rd and 10 plus all night...that didn't help.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 01:20 PM
......Uh huh, I said this teams window was closed last February unfortunatly it looks like I was right. I tried to be optimistic heading into the season but the hard cold fact of this team is it sucks. It doesn't make me a non fan but I can see that it isn't good and I can readily admit that.

You were right one game into the season?

ROFL

I'm sure that's what Patriot fans said after the Bills blew them out 31-0 a couple of years ago on opening day...

Mecca
09-12-2006, 01:23 PM

ROFL

I'm sure that's what Patriot fans said after the Bills blew them out 31-0 a couple of years ago on opening day...

Take the exception to the rule and make it the rule.....be my guest. Comparing that Patriots example to this team is frankly laughable. Also atleast 1 fan on every message board will say that after their team got their ass handed to them on week 1. The odds any of those teams being that are slim and none. Usually when you get your ass beat down it's because you suck nothing more nothing less.

Baby Lee
09-12-2006, 01:23 PM

ROFL

Huard ain't Tom Brady.
Huard ain't Wayne Brady.

CrazyPhuD
09-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Look there is way too much doom and gloom around here. Did people actually watch the raiders game? Ignoring the fact that aaron brooks is terrible with no pocket presence, what kept killing the raiders all night was that the tackles would collapse and the quarterback would step up to find that the interior had collapsed also. When you don't have a pocket to step up into you're gonna get killed all night long. Of course it didn't help that the raiders kept calling plays that would take 3 secs to develop when they only had 2secs of time.

Look merriman was good last night, but there's always one sure fire way to kill the pass rush. Establish the run and run good screens. There's nothing that will kill a pass rush faster than watching the RB getting major yardage off the run or off the screen. LJ got 80 yards sunday running screens.

Our interior is still one of the best while the tackles are questionable, this isn't the first time this has happened. How long were we looking for a decent tackle in the 90s? Not until we got willie can we even say our tackle situation was good. Trazelle Jenkins anyone?

morphius
09-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Take the exception to the rule and make it the rule.....be my guest. Comparing that Patriots example to this team is frankly laughable. Also atleast 1 fan on every message board will say that after their team got their ass handed to them on week 1. The odds any of those teams being that are slim and none. Usually when you get your ass beat down it's because you suck nothing more nothing less.
Denver got blown out against Miami last year in their first game and made it to the AFC Championship game.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 01:47 PM
EVAR!!!! Best team to ever miss the playoffs!!!All last year they were the best shittiest little whorehouse team in the NFL.

chiefsfan1963
09-12-2006, 01:49 PM
This year is going to be a never ending nightmare for me. My bandwagoning neighbors are going to be asking me everytime I stick my head out the door, 'Are you a Charger Fan yet?' I guess I just need to say 'F*CK NO!!! STICK IT UP YOUR A$$!!!'

believe me I'm glad I'm a Chief's fan. The last 12 years has been abysmal to be a charger fan. Chargers can finally come out of their hole and have something to cheer about.

the bad news is we may have to jump in that same hole the next 3 years. Hopefully it won't be as long as 10 years.

Mecca
09-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Denver got blown out against Miami last year in their first game and made it to the AFC Championship game.

Did they look as putrid as we did and get their starting QB killed? There are circumstances to every situation but the Chiefs sit in a worse one than any of those teams.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Can't we all at least agree that Merriman is on more banned substances than anyone this side of Romanowski. "Oh all the NFL" you will probably say...but just look at the traps on that guy. No human being gets those without some serious chemical assistance.

David Boston was a badass once too...

Mecca
09-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Merriman looked like that in college too.......some guys are just naturally physical freaks.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 02:00 PM
We need to go ahead and locate some of those expendable landing party guys from the old Star Trek series and put them on the roster as quarterbacks.

There was a reason they always wore a red tunic, you know...ROFL

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Did anyone besides me notice that foo that had his back to the play when LaD T ran that long run play?

He got his ankle rolled up before he knew what hit him. Time to keep your head up if you are going to stand along the side lines old man.

That was some good tivo action. You could see that guy 20 yards down the field on one angle, with his blue shirt, just talking away, having a good time, then pop.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 02:05 PM

Feel free to put words in my mouth anytime you want.

I never said it was the rule.

I'm saying it HAS happened, more than once even.

The Bad Guy
09-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I would rather have DJ.

That's completely crazy.

While I'm a huge DJ fan, I don't know if there's any other defensive player in the league I'd rather have than Merriman.

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Huard ain't Tom Brady.
Huard ain't Wayne Brady.

Jan Brady?