PDA

View Full Version : public apology........

Ugly Duck
09-12-2006, 02:53 AM
I know that many of you tuned in to watch Monday Night Football tonight. But instead you got.... uh.... I dunno what that was. Can't really say it was the worst performance of all time by an NFL team. That wasn't even an NFL team out there dressed in black. It was... uh... I dunno what that was. The very best scenario is that was just a weird aberration and the Raiders will suddenly start playing football to everybody's surprise. Except now every team will fight like hell so they won't carry the stigma of being the team that lost to the 2006 Oakland Raiders. Brady Quinn might just cross the border & flee unto Canada after watching this.....

el borracho
09-12-2006, 03:18 AM
How the heck did the Raidurrs get a Monday night game, anyway?

ChiefsfaninPA
09-12-2006, 05:42 AM
The game was on too late for me on the East coast. I watched the highlights and I know they only show certain plays but the Raiders look terrible. I think they will repeat their performance as going defeated in the AFC West. O-6 again.

headsnap
09-12-2006, 06:15 AM
how could that be, they won all those pre-season games!!! :p

Over-Head
09-12-2006, 06:24 AM
I have yet to finish watching the game.
It started at midnight here in NL, So after a bout of tummy sickness the wife had at 11:30pm, I did manage to catch the firt quarter.

This morning when we woke up to NO FRIGGEN WATER :mad: I watched a bit more of the second quarter while waiting for the town to come and do something about the 14 houses who woke up to empty hot water tanks.

Needless to say Brooks is bad enough, but holy shitballs people, itís mighty fuggen hard to throw the ball when your front line steps to the side and allows your QB to be taken down at will.Back to back sacks is NOT the fault of the QB IMO.

Sure Collins got raped because of his lead feet, but when every QB we put in gets steam rolled it ainít always their fault.

Tui got nailed 6 times in one game.
Yes there are D lines who can rip apart teams, but 6 sacks in one game means the O-Line ain't quite firing on all cylenders IMO.

Our D line had a glimmer of hope twice in what Iíve seen so far, and at 10-0 (the currant spot in the game Iím at) I can only imagine how much worse it gets.

Anyway, Iím glad were at least gonna be first in something, First place for dead last in the AFC west AGAIN!
This must be the feeling you Chiefs fans went through a few years back (before your team got the fixes it needed to become "great" again)..
I agree, IT SUCKS!

Over-Head
09-12-2006, 06:25 AM
how could that be, they won all those pre-season games!!! :p
The other teams got bribed

Braincase
09-12-2006, 06:58 AM
We'll trade you Robert Gallery for Jordan Black, Will Svitek and Kevin Sampson.

Bob Dole
09-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Tui got nailed 6 times in one game.
Yes there are D lines who can rip apart teams, but 6 sacks in one game means the O-Line ain't quite firing on all cylenders IMO.

Preach to the choir much?

We feel your pain.

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2006, 07:20 AM

It is the NFL making a fool of Al Davis. How easy it appears to be

Lonewolf Ed
09-12-2006, 07:28 AM

They got two this season. A 4-12 team gets two Monday night games. KC was 10-6 and got zero.

NaptownChief
09-12-2006, 07:30 AM
That game was enjoyable to watch....Seeing SD force Brooks to read the defense and make a quick decision was like watching Corky Thatcher try to read quantum physics and pick it up quickly.

Demonpenz
09-12-2006, 07:31 AM
they sign guys at the tail end of their career with little or no upside. They have been doing it for years. I half expect juan gonzolas or chuck knoblock to be out there.

NaptownChief
09-12-2006, 07:38 AM
they sign guys at the tail end of their career with little or no upside. They have been doing it for years. I half expect juan gonzolas or chuck knoblock to be out there.

And they always sign guys with decent talent but no discipline and wonder why they lead the league in penalties every year.

the Talking Can
09-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Moss deserves that team...

stumppy
09-12-2006, 07:56 AM
I for one would like to thank you. Well, not you but the Raiders.
Thank you Raiders for providing us with a new team chant. One we can all rally around.

We're not
As bad as
The Raiders

We're not
As bad as
The Raiders

We're not
As bad as
The Raiders

We're not
As bad as
The Raiders

We're not
As bad as
The Raiders

KcMizzou
Moss deserves that team...And vice versa

greg63
There was Monday night football last night??? :p

Ugly Duck
09-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Moss deserves that team...

Porter was laughing and pumping his fist along the bench when Brooks was sacked the seventh time. The only guy to sniqqer with him? Moss.

Brock
09-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Porter was laughing and pumping his fist along the bench when Brooks was sacked the seventh time. The only guy to sniqqer with him? Moss.

Nice assemblage of talent you've got there.

morphius
09-12-2006, 08:15 AM
It is bad when you have a line that would be an improvement if you added Jordan Black as at OT. I knew the Raiders would be a bad team, hell, 99% of America knew they were gonna suck, but damn Duck, that was tough to watch.

Only reason they were on Monday night was so they could talk about Moss, but when your QB is getting crushed on every play it is hard to find time to talk about him when he is only on the field for 3 plays at a time.

Skip Towne
09-12-2006, 08:22 AM
No need to apologize Mr. Duck. I enjoyed every minute of it.

greg63
09-12-2006, 08:26 AM
No need to apologize Mr. Duck. I enjoyed every minute of it.

LMAO

dtebbe
09-12-2006, 09:12 AM
It's pretty bad when Turdell Sands is the guy getting his name called on D too....

Now we know what happened to the big 'Turd

DT

sd4chiefs
09-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Whenever they showed Art Shell on the sidelines he always had this blank look on his face. I kept thinking of that Southwest Airline comercial 'What to get away?'

runnercyclist
09-12-2006, 09:31 AM
...and Randy Moss is the TEAM CAPTAIN!
ROFLMFAO

StcChief
09-12-2006, 10:02 AM
It was a warmup game for Rivers.

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2006, 11:02 AM
.... Brady Quinn might just cross the border & flee unto Canada after watching this.....

Quinn could just pull an Elway or Eli Manning.....and whine until he gets his way, and the Raiders just trade him to someone else. :p

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 12:18 PM
It is bad when you have a line that would be an improvement if you added Jordan Black as at OT. I knew the Raiders would be a bad team, hell, 99% of America knew they were gonna suck, but damn Duck, that was tough to watch.

Only reason they were on Monday night was so they could talk about Moss, but when your QB is getting crushed on every play it is hard to find time to talk about him when he is only on the field for 3 plays at a time.I switched to "Vanished" at half time. You knew it was over at half time.

morphius
09-12-2006, 12:21 PM
I switched to "Vanished" at half time. You knew it was over at half time.
Sometimes there is a minor enjoyment in watching your rival completely implode.

Though I was changing channels back and forth there for a while.

Logical
09-12-2006, 12:22 PM
UD we have our own fiasco to deal with, sympathy might be available later.

chiefqueen
09-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Don't apologize...watching the Raiders on offense was the best sleep medicine I've had in years.

Thanks for a good night's sleep.

Chief Faithful
09-12-2006, 01:08 PM
It's pretty bad when Turdell Sands is the guy getting his name called on D too....

Now we know what happened to the big 'Turd

DT

The big Turd played last night? How did he do?

PastorMikH
09-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Duck, I don't know why you are apologizing about the Raiders perfomance, I think this is the best Raider team you have fielded in years. Keep up the good work!

:thumb: