PDA

View Full Version : After the tackle positions...

CupidStunt
09-12-2006, 07:41 AM
...what would you say is the weakest area?

The tackles have gotten so much attention that I haven't thought about where else we sucked. And there were areas.

In the middle still? Rudi gashed us with ease at times.

Safety?

Receiver?

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 07:51 AM
Are you talking about filling through free agency or the draft?

I think our biggest areas of need in free agency are:

OT - we need at least one that can start right away
DT - need some more depth to hopefully push Dalton or Sims off the roster

Biggest needs in terms of the draft:

OT - gotta address age as well as position
WR - same here
CB - gotta eventually have one to replace Law and Surtain

CupidStunt
09-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Was thinking both. Just glossing over the holes that need filling most, after the obvious tackle spots.

I'm curious about guard. Sam Adams is a load, but we made very few *gaping* holes like I remember us making not so long ago.

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a guard in the first, actually, if there's a prospect good enough, but that'd require us to draft later than top 15, which I don't see happening at this very early stage.

HC_Chief
09-12-2006, 08:22 AM
In order:

DT, WR, OG

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 08:25 AM
I know this probably isn't the right time to say this, but I think JORDAN BLACK can play guard.

I don't know why the **** Solari and the rest of these idiots keep trotting him out there at tackle when it's obvious he can't play tackle.

There's ample evidence to suggest he can play OG adequately, and there's even a Baltimore game that shows he can be dominant at times...

HC_Chief
09-12-2006, 08:26 AM
I know this probably isn't the right time to say this, but I think JORDAN BLACK can play guard.

I don't know why the **** Solari and the rest of these idiots keep trotting him out there at tackle when it's obvious he can't play tackle.

There's ample evidence to suggest he can play OG adequately, and there's even a Baltimore game that shows he can be dominant at times...

Even if he is "adequate", who do we have after him? Bober? OH HELL NO!!!

CupidStunt
09-12-2006, 08:28 AM
In order:

DT, WR, OG

Don't disagree.

Only way I see that changing is if Edwards or Sims really steps it up at DT.

ChiefsCountry
09-12-2006, 08:28 AM

That is what I have said, he was drafted as a guard. :clap: