PDA

View Full Version : You say you want Jerry Porter on your team?

Bowser
09-12-2006, 09:29 AM
The repost police can go fist themselves if this is indeed, a repost.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2584133&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Guess he's trying to one-up Marcus Allen.

JBucc
09-12-2006, 09:30 AM
I heard he parked in Al Davis's parking space.

jspchief
09-12-2006, 09:33 AM
repost

Simplex3
09-12-2006, 09:34 AM
So the guy wants out of Choakland, can you fault him for that?

jspchief
09-12-2006, 09:36 AM
So the guy wants out of Choakland, can you fault him for that?Watching Sportscenter this morning, they showed a closeup of Lamont Jordan sitting on the bench after the game. You could almost see him thinking "what the hell have I gotten myself into?"

Bowser
09-12-2006, 09:40 AM
So the guy wants out of Choakland, can you fault him for that?

Not in the least. I just don't want to see the QB's teammates laughing their asses off after he's acked for the seventh time.

Hell, who am I kidding? I'd take him over Rod Gardner.

listopencil
09-12-2006, 09:55 AM
In all fairness, I was laughing and pumping my fist when Brooks was sacked too.

bringbackmarty
09-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Well, I like Art Shell but he is ****ing up something that was already completely ****ed. I liken the task to waxing and polishing a turd. Porter shold have been traded when they had the chance. I would still take him If we hadn't signed gardener.We should sign porter too. We could have the open "over the middle wr tryouts" where huard, or croyle tosses high floaty passes on crossing routes during the next two games to all of the wide recievers on our roster. The players with the most catches, fewest tip interceptions, and that are still with us after two games, we keep.

StcChief
09-12-2006, 10:05 AM
These guys act like they work for player minimum.

Everyone wants to win, but not everyone can.

Blackened
09-12-2006, 03:30 PM
I sincerely hate that prick..

slobberknocker
09-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Hi, guys!

I'm new to the board and a diehard Redskins fan. I'm not trolling -- I've watched and admired the Chiefs since back in Shotty days (we have that in common, the coach that is) and started visiting the board after we signed Al Saunders to coach the O.

Obviously I can't start a thread, but I just wanted to ask you guys if you know our nickname for Rod Gardner when he was a receiver for us? Remember, when Joe returned we had Gardner, McCants and Coles at wideout...

Anyway, we at hailredskins.com dubbed him "Fifty-Fifty" because there was only that chance he'd catch anything thrown his way. He has potential and keeps getting chances because of it... I just hope he lives up to it for you guys.

I was watching the game when Trent took the shot and it broke my heart, watching him carried off like that. I hope he comes back but wouldn't be surprised if he retired.

That said, I must be honest and confess that the Chief's sputtering offense has made me happy for one reason and one reason only: I don't think enough people outside of KC understand how big a role Al Saunders had in the success you guys enjoyed for 5 seasons. There are so many factors involved though, from the O line to the loss of Richardson -- but still, I think Saunders had a great deal to do with the big red machine.

We flopped in our MNF debut and now face Dallas, so I can't really toot any horns here. I love what I saw, all the shifting and motion, and think great things will happen once we master the 700 page playbook and work Cooley and Lloyd into the attack (not to mention getting Portis back whole and healthy).

Sorry for the long post. I really only meant to comment on Gardner. But here's hoping from an objective fan that you guys can somehow rally and take the division. The Raiders look troubled, the jury is out on Denver -- looks like SD are the ones to beat.

Go Chiefs!

ChiefsFan4Life
09-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Anyway, we at hailredskins.com dubbed him "Fifty-Fifty" because there was only that chance he'd catch anything thrown his way.

Wow, how clever. You guys are geniuses. Guess what? When I flip a coin I call that game "Fifty-fifty" because there was only that chance it would land on either heads or tails.
:rolleyes:

Blackened
09-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Porter says he wasn't even paying attention to game

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2584133

slobberknocker
09-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Wow, how clever. You guys are geniuses. Guess what? When I flip a coin I call that game "Fifty-fifty" because there was only that chance it would land on either heads or tails.
:rolleyes:

Um, guess you missed the point. But you'll see...

Fish
09-12-2006, 05:29 PM
I must be honest and confess that the Chief's sputtering offense has made me happy for one reason and one reason only: I don't think enough people outside of KC understand how big a role Al Saunders had in the success you guys enjoyed for 5 seasons. There are so many factors involved though, from the O line to the loss of Richardson -- but still, I think Saunders had a great deal to do with the big red machine.

Welcome dork.....

Before you bust a nut on Saunders..... keep in mind that we are running the exact same thing we would have if Saunders was here. Herm is butting heads with our OC right now because he wants to see us get away from that. The only thing that's changed in our offense is the players.

Saunders(or lackthereof) is the last person I'd blame for the Chiefs' offensive problems right now.

KcMizzou
09-12-2006, 05:33 PM
I sincerely hate that prick..Man, I can't blame you for that. It take a special kind of prick to laugh at his own teammate's struggles.

Even if he hates the front office, you'd think he'd have enough respect for at least some of his teammates to stifle that. You'd also think he'd get his ass kicked in the locker room.

Rain Man
09-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Obviously I can't start a thread, but I just wanted to ask you guys if you know our nickname for Rod Gardner when he was a receiver for us? Remember, when Joe returned we had Gardner, McCants and Coles at wideout...

Anyway, we at hailredskins.com dubbed him "Fifty-Fifty" because there was only that chance he'd catch anything thrown his way. He has potential and keeps getting chances because of it... I just hope he lives up to it for you guys.

I was hoping it was because he had really, really good eyesight.

shaneo69
09-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Hi, guys!

I'm new to the board and a diehard Redskins fan. I'm not trolling -- I've watched and admired the Chiefs since back in Shotty days (we have that in common, the coach that is) and started visiting the board after we signed Al Saunders to coach the O.

I just wanted to ask you guys if you know our nickname for Rod Gardner when he was a receiver for us? ...we at hailredskins.com dubbed him "Fifty-Fifty" because there was only that chance he'd catch anything thrown his way.

I was watching the game when Trent took the shot and it broke my heart, watching him carried off like that. I hope he comes back but wouldn't be surprised if he retired.

That said, I must be honest and confess that the Chief's sputtering offense has made me happy for one reason and one reason only: I don't think enough people outside of KC understand how big a role Al Saunders had in the success you guys enjoyed for 5 seasons.

I love what I saw, all the shifting and motion, and think great things will happen once we master the 700 page playbook and work Cooley and Lloyd into the attack (not to mention getting Portis back whole and healthy).

I deleted all the sentences where you didn't sound like a total idiot, and yet there's still a book here.

I only hope for your sake that Chris Samuels is as good as Pace and Roaf, because if not, you can go back to tapes of our 2001 season, as well as last year's Buffalo game, to see what your offense will look like.

Halfcan
09-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Porter sucks!

runnercyclist
09-12-2006, 07:45 PM
No