PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Defense Ranking from week 1

C-Mac
09-12-2006, 03:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

For some positive news the Chiefs are Ranked #5...........botabing!

Hog Farmer
09-12-2006, 03:03 PM
And after facing Plummer this week we'll probably move up to #2

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 03:04 PM
And after facing Plummer this week we'll probably move up to #2Not if Hicks plays.

Hog Farmer
09-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Does anybody know why Pollard did not play last week? He is the one player, even more than Hali and Law that I want to see on the field!

InChiefsHell
09-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Dungver at the bottom of the AFCWest...that makes me happy. Hopefully that'll carry into this weekend.

hawkchief
09-12-2006, 03:08 PM
TRailing by 2 touchdowns and playing in a driving rain probably isn't a great barometer for judging a defense. The Bengals had a comfortable lead, and with Damon at QB, they knew if they didn't turn it over they were going to win. Seemed like an improvement, but we shoud know after this Sunday's bootleg fest.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 03:12 PM
TRailing by 2 touchdowns and playing in a driving rain probably isn't a great barometer for judging a defense. The Bengals had a comfortable lead, and with Damon at QB, they knew if they didn't turn it over they were going to win. Seemed like an improvement, but we shoud know after this Sunday's bootleg fest.

Of course, it couldn't possibly be that the defense is actually improved...

Easy 6
09-12-2006, 03:13 PM
That is a decent lil' something to hang my hat on this week , after the week that was i'll take it!

Hound333
09-12-2006, 03:17 PM
The defense showed up last week. We lost because of the o-line. They got tired from being on the field so long. Giving up only 23 points to that offense with the amount of turnovers we had is good.

If we could just close I-65 we would be in the play-offs.

alpha_omega
09-12-2006, 03:18 PM
But, but, but.....

Hoover
09-12-2006, 03:21 PM
The D also didn't allow 7 sacks, a bunch of fumbles, picks, and a blown punt return. If we had the D we had in years past we would have lost by 40.

Coogs
09-12-2006, 03:25 PM
More than once in the past 5 years, our defense was ranked very high after the first week or two. Will this be like past years? Or are we really improved? Stay tuned.

InChiefsHell
09-12-2006, 03:28 PM
More than once in the past 5 years, our defense was ranked very high after the first week or two. Will this be like past years? Or are we really improved? Stay tuned.

That's what I was gonna say... I seem to recall a good ranking after opening day last season...but it was not #5...let's hope it keeps up.

Chieftain58
09-12-2006, 03:33 PM
We are finished unless we fix our O-Line. We might win a few games but nowhere close to making the playoffs.

Tuckdaddy
09-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Too little too late. Without Green and good tackle play we will get destroyed in Denver. We will not run worth a crap nor pass worth a crap.

Easy 6
09-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Agreed Hound333 , the D did look better , even w/ the few runs the bungles popped Palmers stats were nothin' to write home about , chad got a few catches, but nobody torched us. That atleast is a welcome relief.As bad the O line was it's hard to explain the LJ &Dante muff's & 3rd & 5 call.I'm just hoping the vet core of the O will pull it together , they've had a way of startin' slow before hittin' the groove.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 03:43 PM
The D also didn't allow 7 sacks, a bunch of fumbles, picks, and a blown punt return. If we had the D we had in years past we would have lost by 40.

I've said a couple of times since Sunday.

Yes, Cinci went to a smashmouth conservative offense late in the game.

In years past, however, they would have scored a couple of TD's doing that - it's how Tiki Barber racked up 200+ yards. This year, we shut it down.

Chiefnj
09-12-2006, 03:59 PM
The Bengals strength isn't smash mouth football.

Had they stuck to their strength, I have no doubt they would have put up yards and points. I don't think the Chiefs would have been able to make the necessary adjustments to stop the no huddle O the Bengals ran in the first half with great success.

I think they will improve as the season goes on, I just don't think they improved all that much this first game. The Bengals moved the ball when they played to their strength and were able to run the ball when they needed to; including big runs. There was some improvement, not a lot.

runnercyclist
09-12-2006, 08:59 PM
There is no D in Offensive line

OldTownChief
09-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Of course, it couldn't possibly be that the defense is actually improved...

The "I told you so's" just keep on coming. I don't remember a lot of predicting the Chiefs D wouldn't be improved. The fact is we are 0-1.

OldTownChief
09-12-2006, 09:10 PM
The Bengals strength isn't smash mouth football.

Had they stuck to their strength, I have no doubt they would have put up yards and points. I don't think the Chiefs would have been able to make the necessary adjustments to stop the no huddle O the Bengals ran in the first half with great success.

I think they will improve as the season goes on, I just don't think they improved all that much this first game. The Bengals moved the ball when they played to their strength and were able to run the ball when they needed to; including big runs. There was some improvement, not a lot.

I thought the Bengals made great adjustments during the game and went after our weaknesses. We were out coached, big time.

Gravedigger
09-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I was honestly impressed with our defense. In rainy conditions we tackled. The only mistakes I could really remember from the game were the two long rushing touchdowns they got and Ty Law playing too far away from Chad Johnson BUT I know why Ty Law did it cause he's smart! He'd rather see Chad Johnson get a 7 yard catch in front of him than to pull a Warfield and be looking at his back walking into the end zone. We'll see how our defense does against Denver but I'm happy with what I've seen so far. If our defense ranks in the top 10 this year I'd say mission accomplished even if we didn't make it into the playoffs cause then we would at least assume that we could go Tackle in the first round of next years draft and not have to worry about having to make the right choice on a defensive player which hasn't been our forte in teh past.