PDA

View Full Version : TMQ on Geathers/Green hit.

Kyle401
09-12-2006, 03:31 PM
For those who say the national media has been silent on this issue...

Worst, it is outrageous that no flag flew when Cincinnati's Robert Geathers dove at Kansas City quarterback Trent Green while he was sliding. The feet-first-slide rule is unambiguous: "Whenever a runner declares himself down by sliding feet first on the ground, the ball is dead." Any contact constitutes unnecessary roughness. Geathers pile-drived into Green as he slide, and the pile-drive is itself illegal. Not only should flags have flown, Geathers should have been ejected. Instead, the officials were staring off into space.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/060912)

Mr. Laz
09-12-2006, 03:34 PM
yep :clap:

you can bet if it was Brady or a manning there would of been 5 flags on the field.

heave forbid if it was favre ... they would of declared a national day of mourning and made a new NFL rule before resuming play.

StcChief
09-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Instead, the officials were staring off into space.
But the camera wasn't....

The timing is inconclusive, still he hit a sliding QB.
even by accident, RULE needs to be applied.

We will take the win for neglect instead :p

jspchief
09-12-2006, 03:37 PM
The NFL is reviewing the hit according to ESPN.

We'll find out soon enough.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2006, 03:39 PM
The NFL is reviewing the hit according to ESPN.

We'll find out soon enough.
i bet they will use the Kennison push excuse...

even though from the side angle you can see that Eddie barely even touches him.

OnTheWarpath58
09-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Finally.....

Someone who gets it.....

Then buries it at the bottom of his column.....

:cuss:

Sure-Oz
09-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Geathers def. needs to pay for that hit, intentional or not.

siberian khatru
09-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Hail, yeah!

Radar Chief
09-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Come on Mike Pereira, supervisor of NFL officials, your guys are messing up week in and week out. Maybe the league needs new blood in this department: Pereira is no Jerry Seeman, that's for sure. And maybe NFL officials -- who work part-time, unlike the full-time officials of other pro sports -- simply are not up to the task as weekend warriors. The National Football League is the richest sport. Wouldn't some funding for full-time officials be worth a try?

A-freak’n-men. :clap:

Rain Man
09-12-2006, 04:16 PM
When I saw the first replay of that cheap-shot hit, my first worry was that Trent could have fractured his skull. That was the hardest I've ever seen anyone's head hit the turf.

That hoodlum Geathers should be suspended for as many games as Trent misses, at least.

Mecca
09-12-2006, 04:36 PM
I've read so many things about the hit now.....I think maybe 20% of people think it was dirty. Basically what I've seen is most people not associated with the Chiefs in anyway have the view "hey that happens in football sometimes it wasn't dirty".

OnTheWarpath58
09-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I've read so many things about the hit now.....I think maybe 20% of people think it was dirty. Basically what I've seen is most people not associated with the Chiefs in anyway have the view "hey that happens in football sometimes it wasn't dirty".

I can guarantee that had this happened to their team's QB, the view would be a bit different......

Tactical Funky
09-12-2006, 04:52 PM
I can guarantee that had this happened to their team's QB, the view would be a bit different......
Bingo.