PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Brett Favre?

HemiEd
09-12-2006, 05:46 PM
One of my Bears fan friends suggested it today on the golf course. The more I thought about it, the more sense it made. Packer management would be for it, so they could move on. We might need a veteran QB, but I hope not. Thoughts? Premature, probably, but when is the trade deadline?

JBucc
09-12-2006, 05:47 PM
The trade deadline is always week 6. If Trent retired I'd be all for it.

cdcox
09-12-2006, 05:48 PM
5th rounder, I might think about it.

Mr. Flopnuts
No thank you. Favre would have been awesome 10 years ago, but that guy is a complete shell of what he used to be. I think that would be nothing short of giving up on the season and there's no need to trade anything away for that. JMHO.

Frazod
1. He sucks now.

2. He'd get killed.

3. We need to hold onto whatever we'd have to trade away to get him.

Fish
09-12-2006, 05:49 PM
I'd like to give Trent the benefit of the doubt first.... and I doubt that Favre would want to be traded knowing he would be a backup if Trent gets healthy. I could be wrong, but I think Favre would want the guarantee he'd be the man.

I'm willing to wait on Green/QBOTFs.

OnTheWarpath58
09-12-2006, 05:50 PM
A moot point......

Right now, this OL couldn't protect Trent.

Wouldn't protect Favre, Dilfer or anyone else we threw back there.

I'm not sure that's gonna change all that much when Sampson replaces Black.......maybe 4-5 sacks a game instead of 7.

JBucc
09-12-2006, 05:51 PM
1. He sucks now.

2. He'd get killed.

3. We need to hold onto whatever we'd have to trade away to get him.1. True, but at least we'd get to say Joe Montana AND Brett Favre played for us.

2. Not any more killed than he's gonna be behind GB's o-line

3. I think after they're 0-4 and Favre's thrown 1 TD and 10 Int's they'd give him away.

bogie
09-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Favre, sure why not. But more to the point, how'd you shoot today?

HemiEd
09-12-2006, 05:53 PM
1. He sucks now..
His supporting cast is horrible, his line is worse than 5 Jordan Blacks.
2. He'd get killed..
He is an ironman, been killed many times keeps starting. :D
3. We need to hold onto whatever we'd have to trade away to get him. Jordan Black and Kevin Sampson? Throw in Hicks?

ChiefsCountry
09-12-2006, 05:54 PM
I have said this before put Favre on the Broncos right now and they are a Super Bowl team. With us I doubt it, Favre is just in a bad situation in GB and he is not making matters easier by trying to be Superman.

OldTownChief
09-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Not gonna happen. Haven't you heard?

Brett Favre to retire.

HemiEd
09-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Favre, sure why not. But more to the point, how'd you shoot today?

Funny round, very very wet up here. 80, with 5 birdies and 5 double bogies!
I usually don't have 5 birdies or 5 doubles in a month, strange round.
course (www.makraygolf.com) Wish I would have kept track of putts, not very many. :D

Did you play today?

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 06:05 PM
One of my Bears fan friends suggested it today on the golf course. The more I thought about it, the more sense it made. Packer management would be for it, so they could move on. We might need a veteran QB, but I hope not. Thoughts? Premature, probably, but when is the trade deadline?Cool, bring him in, then Black could finally do, what Packer management could not do, force that egotistical SOB to retire.

Raiderhader
09-12-2006, 06:08 PM
I love this board: you never know what craziness awaits you when you log on.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Not gonna happen. Haven't you Huard?

Brett Favre to retire.I fixed your post for you.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 06:12 PM
I love this board: you never know what craziness awaits you when you log on.hehehhehheh hehehhehhhhehhehhheh :D

bogie
09-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Funny round, very very wet up here. 80, with 5 birdies and 5 double bogies!
I usually don't have 5 birdies or 5 doubles in a month, strange round.
course (www.makraygolf.com) Wish I would have kept track of putts, not very many. :D

Did you play today?

80!!! Very, very nice. What a beautiful course. I didn't play today. Friday mornings, back 9's is all I'm able to get in right now. Hole 17, 215 yd. par 3, from gold wow. Do you tee from golds or blacks?

HemiEd
09-12-2006, 06:52 PM
80!!! Very, very nice. What a beautiful course. I didn't play today. Friday mornings, back 9's is all I'm able to get in right now. Hole 17, 215 yd. par 3, from gold wow. Do you tee from golds or blacks?

Golds, I am a short hitter. It was 225 today, came up short but made a 12 footer for par. The par 4s are a little on the long side, especially when it is so wet.
Where do you play? Are you injurred or just short of time?

HemiEd
09-12-2006, 06:54 PM
I love this board: you never know what craziness awaits you when you log on.

Can you enlighten me as to why it is so crazy?

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 07:01 PM
The two mongoloids on KXNO were discussing this today...of course one of them is a Bronco fan and proceeded to try and tell everyone that he'd never go to the Chiefs because they're worse than the Packers...

runnercyclist
09-12-2006, 07:02 PM
No thanks

bogie
09-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Golds, I am a short hitter. It was 225 today, came up short but made a 12 footer for par. The par 4s are a little on the long side, especially when it is so wet.
Where do you play? Are you injurred or just short of time?

225 par 3, that's just wrong for this old man, I would have to pull out driver. Short of time. I have an 8 year old so week-ends are full right now. I go out at 6:00 or 6:30 every Friday morning on public courses here in SoCal. They've started letting us walk onto the back 9's without reservations. We're usually done by 8:00 or 8:30 and I go straight to work. It's hard to establish a handicap, but I usually shoot 3 - 5 over on back 9's.

PastorMikH
09-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Why in the world would we want Favre? He is killing the team he's on, we did a fine job of losing Sunday, we don't need his help losing anymore.

Brett Favre used to be great. But he's stayed in the game way too long.

Count Alex's Losses
09-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Does anyone trade a quarterback during the season?

Good god. Are the people making these suggestions 12 years old?

bogie
Why in the world would we want Favre? He is killing the team he's on, we did a fine job of losing Sunday, we don't need his help losing anymore.

Sad for Brett. I agree. I'm afraid he's going to be talking about his bad team all season.

Count Alex's Losses
HAY WHY CAN'T WEE PLAY JASON DUNN AT LEFT TACKLE LOLOLOL?

Adept Havelock

He's almost in "Unitas in powder blue" territory, but not quite yet. His O-Line is far worse than ours.

Raiderhader
09-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Can you enlighten me as to why it is so crazy?

Because Favre should have retired at least two years ago. The dude is waaaay past his prime. I have the utmost respect for him, but we need someone not so old and not so sucky.

If Green is out for a long period of time, then we need to speed up the grooming process of Croyle and build for the future this season, not bring in an under-achieving legend that should be in a retirement home.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-12-2006, 07:24 PM
We do realize that Favre A) does not know this offense, B) is immobile, and C) Doesn't respond well to pressure, which we know will happen on the edges of this O-line. If we want to trade for someone, we should probably trade for a David Garrard-type QB, but even then, he doesn't know the O either.

PastorMikH
09-12-2006, 07:28 PM
I would bet though that if Dante made a cut short of the first down line, Favre's pass would have enough zip to make Dante fall on the first down side of the line.

digi2fish
09-12-2006, 07:34 PM
with an O-line like this, to trade for Michael Vick makes more sense...

Raiderhader
09-12-2006, 07:46 PM
I would bet though that if Dante made a cut short of the first down line, Favre's pass would have enough zip to make Dante fall on the first down side of the line.

Well, I guess he does have that going for him.

Still a ridiculous idea.

Frazod
09-12-2006, 07:48 PM
with an O-line like this, to trade for Michael Vick makes more sense...

Maybe we could get Brad Smith from the Jets. I'm sure they'd be happy to deal with us after parting ways with Herm so amicably. :D

JBucc
09-12-2006, 08:00 PM
If we want to trade for someone, we should probably trade for a David Garrard-type QB, but even then, he doesn't know the O either.I would like Garrard. Forget Boller or Favre.

Halfcan
09-12-2006, 08:41 PM

Brett still has one of the best arms in the NFL-but with sucky receivers, no running game, no tight end, no protection, what is he suppose to do?

The guy has heart-something the Chiefs do not. If Trent retires, I would give up a first for him-he has three good years left in that arm. That would be awesome watching him break records in a Red uniform, while he is taking us to the promise land.

EK
Brett
LJ
TG
Sammy Parker
Gardner
Dante Hall

I think we would be pretty good.

Rausch
09-12-2006, 08:52 PM
We do realize that Favre A) does not know this offense, B) is immobile, and C) Doesn't respond well to pressure, which we know will happen on the edges of this O-line. If we want to trade for someone, we should probably trade for a David Garrard-type QB

Or Orlando Pace...

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 10:05 PM
with an O-line like this, to trade for Michael Vick makes more sense...Sure it does, but then, who besides the Boston Bruins, would trade away a franchise player?

Bwana
09-12-2006, 10:54 PM
With our sorry ****ing line, he would be out within two games at most.

PastorMikH
09-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Brett still has one of the best arms in the NFL-but with sucky receivers, no running game, no tight end, no protection, what is he suppose to do?

On the WR note. We just signed a guy that they cut and he's probably better than all but one of our WRs. I'd say that Brett is better off with the Green Bay WRs than he would here.

Halfcan
09-12-2006, 11:39 PM
TG is better than anything they have.

Guru
09-12-2006, 11:48 PM
One of my Bears fan friends suggested it today on the golf course. The more I thought about it, the more sense it made. Packer management would be for it, so they could move on. We might need a veteran QB, but I hope not. Thoughts? Premature, probably, but when is the trade deadline?

No. I think Brett values his life a little more than that.

Thig Lyfe
09-12-2006, 11:57 PM
The reason Favre is so bad right now is he has no line and nobody to throw to. Sound familiar?

Saggysack
09-13-2006, 12:37 AM
No.

Are you kidding me? Trade for Brett Farve? Oh hell no. You want to waste either a future draft pick or a player that could play for a few years on someone who likely won't even be starting for his team by mid-season? For a player who threw a career high in INT's last year? For a player who is on pace to beat that personal record and is in serious decline? Put down the crack pipe.

Unless you didn't notice, Brett Farve was shutout Sunday. That was the first time in 221 starts that he led a team that was scoreless. Granted, it was against Ron Rivera's Chicago defense. But, you would think with players like Ahman Green and Donald Driver around him he would be atleast been able to mount one scoring drive.

And Brett Farve does have WR's around him to throw to. Donald Driver is a damn good WR. He has had back to back 1200yd seasons, and 3 out of the last 4 for over 1000yds. Plus, Ahman Green is pretty stout himself after coming back from injury. Absolute idiocy to thin Farve doesn't have nobody to throw too.

Immaculate
09-13-2006, 01:17 AM
NO.

HemiEd
09-13-2006, 06:46 AM
Ok, so much for that brilliant idea, I liked it.
Do we think Huard will learn to tuck the ball in when he moves up in the pocket? Or should we just deal with the consequences of him holding it out like he is handing you your "drive thru" order at Taco Bell?

I hope Trent comes back soon, we need a veteran QB in there that has been in a few games.

King_Chief_Fan
09-13-2006, 07:28 AM

Stick to golf Ed! ROFL

boogblaster
09-13-2006, 08:29 AM
no no no frick no .. that would be all we'd need..the int-king of the NFL... NO....

Raiderhader
09-13-2006, 08:58 AM

The guy has heart-something the Chiefs do not. If Trent retires, I would give up a first for him-he has three good years left in that arm. That would be awesome watching him break records in a Red uniform, while he is taking us to the promise land.

EK
Brett
LJ
TG
Sammy Parker
Gardner
Dante Hall

I think we would be pretty good.

Tell me this post is pure sarcasm, please.

Amnorix
09-13-2006, 09:54 AM
What Brett Favre's trade value is, in my estimation:

http://andrewteman.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/spam_1.jpg

dtebbe
09-13-2006, 10:02 AM
The reason Favre is so bad right now is he has no line and nobody to throw to. Sound familiar?

EXACTLY!

DT

milkman
09-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Tell me this post is pure sarcasm, please.

Sorry, can't do that.

It's pure, unadulterated dumbassery, and, as that post illustrates, Halfwit has no peers in the dumbass arena.

Bill Parcells
09-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Favre is done..
I wouldn't take him