PDA

View Full Version : Future needs

NJ Chief Fan
09-13-2006, 06:46 AM
well our present doesnt look very bright, but at least we are building a young defense but our CB's are old and we need to work on a offense of the future as i truely dont believe that trent is coming back after this season

needs going into next season:

WR's, OT'S, RG, CB's

team of the next few seasons:

Offense

QB: Croyle :hmmm: Printers :shake:
RB: LJ
FB: Cruz
WR:Parker(im beginning to give up on him),Webb?, Gardner?
TE: Gonzo
RT: Sampson? Svitek?
RG:?
C: Weigmann
LG: Waters
LT: Sampson?, Svitek?

DEFENSE

LDE: Hali
LDT: Edwards
RDT: Reed
RDE: Allen
ROLB: DJ
MLB: Mitchell, Boomer?
LOLB: Fox?
RCB: Maxey?
LCB: ?
FS: Page
SS: Pollard

who are some of the highly rated CB's, OL's, WR's coming out of college?

i dont know much bout the CB's or OL's but here are a few WR's that i think will be highly ranked going into the draft next season

Jeff Samardzija ND
Steve Smith USC
Dwayne Jarrett USC
Calvin Johnson GT

jspchief
09-13-2006, 06:57 AM
I'd say our top draft priority is O-line and CB.

I'd rather address WR through FA. Spend the money to get a proven #1. Javon Walker, Terrell Owens, and Deion Branch were all #1s that could be had on the market. That at least shows that it's possible to get top WRs through free agency.

NJ Chief Fan
09-13-2006, 07:02 AM
yea we definately have to address the oline via draft or free agency, almost any live body is better than black at OT, maybe even move black to RG, he might be able to be affective there

JBucc
09-13-2006, 07:40 AM

I'd rather address WR through FA. Spend the money to get a proven #1. Javon Walker, Terrell Owens, and Deion Branch were all #1s that could be had on the market. That at least shows that it's possible to get top WRs through free agency.Except all those guys hated their team and wanted out. I doubt you'd find many "true" number ones just floating around on the open market. Plax was the last one I remember.

jspchief
09-13-2006, 07:45 AM
Except all those guys hated their team and wanted out. I doubt you'd find many "true" number ones just floating around on the open market. Plax was the last one I remember.It shows that teams have a different opinion of their WR's worth than the player does.

Each of those guys wanted out because they wanted a new contract. Owens was the only one that really didn't have a case. Walker's play had clearly exceeded his contract with GB and Branch wanted to lock up a deal hitting FA.

Regardless of how it came about, WRs can be had. I'd would have given a 2nd round pick for Walker in a heartbeat.

They are certainly more available than good tackles. And rookie WRs rarely provide anything their first year or two, so addressing the WR position through the draft is bascially putting it off for a few more years.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 07:54 AM

I'd rather address WR through FA. Spend the money to get a proven #1. Javon Walker, Terrell Owens, and Deion Branch were all #1s that could be had on the market. That at least shows that it's possible to get top WRs through free agency.

I wholeheartedly agree...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3412618

hawkchief
09-13-2006, 07:57 AM
I wholeheartedly agree...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3412618

The most glaring need is a new President/CEO/GM. Any good ones available right now?

NJ Chief Fan
09-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Top 100 prospects for the 2007 NFL draft
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5560644

some OT's ranked high

3. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin: Had it not been for a knee injury against Auburn in the Capital One Bowl, Thomas likely would have forgone his senior season and made himself eligible for the 2006 NFL draft. A former defensive end, the 6-8, 302-pound Thomas has the athleticism and consistency teams are looking for in a first-round tackle.

9. Justin Blalock, OT, Texas: While Jonathan Scott earned most of the headlines, Texas coaches will tell you that the most talented Longhorn offensive lineman last year was Blalock. Has started all 38 games during his career, all at right tackle. Has earned Big 12 accolades after each of his three seasons.

17. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State: Though quarterback Michael Robinson certainly was the spark for an surprising Penn State offense last season, one could make the argument that Brown supplied the steel. The 6-5, 325-pound Brown has started 34 of the past 35 games for the Nittany Lions and earned second-team All-America honors last year.

L.A. Chieffan
09-14-2006, 01:49 AM
We are gonna have to suck pretty bad this season to grab one of those top two guys on that list. Im still holding out hope for this year, but there is no doubt were gonna need O line help in 07.

sounds weird to say but our D actually looks promising for the future

NJ Chief Fan
09-14-2006, 02:06 AM
We are gonna have to suck pretty bad this season to grab one of those top two guys on that list. Im still holding out hope for this year, but there is no doubt were gonna need O line help in 07.

sounds weird to say but our D actually looks promising for the future
i think we do have a future on defense, we just need to get younger at CB

L.A. Chieffan
09-14-2006, 02:09 AM
younger at the corners but that shouldnt be too hard. with pollard and page gonna be here for years to come, not to mention DJ, tamba and Jared we can afford to pick a corner pretty late and concentrate on the the OL and DT spots early

NJ Chief Fan
09-14-2006, 06:47 AM
ive seen a few mock drafts having us take the QB from louisville or drew stanton QB from michigan st

htismaqe
09-14-2006, 08:21 AM
We won't take a QB.

ct
09-14-2006, 08:24 AM
OT has got to be priority #1.

Everything else is secondary.