PDA

View Full Version : No fine for Geathers

Pages : [1] 2

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:05 PM
WTF?! :grr:

WHB 810 just reported it.

Herm stated that was his understanding (no fine), and Bob Moore confirmed.

JBucc
09-13-2006, 03:06 PM
**** the nfl

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Any word if Sampson will be starting Sunday?

Simplex3
09-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Well, Geathers must have naked pictures of someone in the league office.

morphius
09-13-2006, 03:09 PM
figures...

Hopefully some reporters well haunt them with this for a long time.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:10 PM
I hope someone f*cks up one of the manning sisters the next time they slide. If Green is fair game,ALL QBs are fair game. :grr:

redngold85
09-13-2006, 03:11 PM
why doesn't that surprise me?...hit one of the Mannings like that and see what happens

jspchief
Edwards said on the radio this morning that he didn;t think it was cheap shot or dirty hit.

MOhillbilly
Any word if Sampson will be starting Sunday?

who gives a shit?

he is no better than black.

Svitek is the future.

Hound333
09-13-2006, 03:13 PM
I actually didn't think it was cheap but I thought he would be fined. They usually do when a QB is hurt.

PRIEST
09-13-2006, 03:13 PM
WOW!!!! IF the guy was not going so low on Trent ,I would have no problem with this outcome,This is becoming a real problem with the NFL & KC,First Tag's with the draft picks for a retired coach ,the public downing of the Chiefs D,now the HIT on Trent!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fruit Ninja
09-13-2006, 03:14 PM
oh well, get over it and move on

redngold85
09-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Edwards said on the radio this morning that he didn;t think it was cheap shot or dirty hit.

regardless of whether or not it was a cheapshot, Trent was sliding and you can't hit a QB when he's sliding...hitting the QB in a slide = penalty or fine

Chiefnj
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
A DE's hand can glance off a QB's head as he is being ridden by a tackle past the QB and a flag will be thrown on the play. A defensive player with half a step to the QB bumps into the QB after he makes a throw will get flagged even if the DE pulls up.

Trent gets clobbered sliding feet first and nothing.

Honestly, I think QB's should be fair game if they cross the LOS. But unfortunately that isn't the rule, well, except for Green, you can hit him.

Iowanian
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Hopefully karma will *Fine* that futhermucker since the NFL didn't see it fit.

Ridiculous.

Shannahan blamed it on Eddie Kennison's cheap shot.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Whether it was "Cheap" or not isn't the point: IT VIOLATED TWO F*CKING RULES!!! When a QB begins his slide, the play is OVER. The QB is DOWN. The defender must make every effort to avoid the hit.

Geathers didn't do that: he went full speed, shoulder-first right into the QB's HEAD; which violated another rule.

FFS, this is the most ridiculous shit I think I've ever seen out of this league. I've seen flags and fines for inadvertant brushing of the QB's helemt. This was a blatent HEADSHOT on a SLIDING QB! WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?!

StcChief
09-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Paybacks are bitch. Don't be surprised if someone's head isn't taken off this week.

ChiefsFan4Life
09-13-2006, 03:19 PM
If this is true, it is bull$hit in my opinion

I bet if it was Brady or Manning the NFL would have fined his ass until tomorrow

I guess if this is the case then they need to change the rule about the QB slide because it obviously means nothing

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Whether it was "Cheap" or not isn't the point: IT VIOLATED TWO F*CKING RULES!!! When a QB begins his slide, the play is OVER. The QB is DOWN. The defender must make every effort to avoid the hit.

Geathers didn't do that: he went full speed, shoulder-first right into the QB's HEAD; which violated another rule.

FFS, this is the most ridiculous shit I think I've ever seen out of this league. I've seen flags and fines for inadvertant brushing of the QB's helemt. This was a blatent HEADSHOT on a SLIDING QB! WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?!

Definitely. It doesn't matter if he meant to do it or not. The violence of it, and the fact that it was a QB (of which the league is SUPPOSED to be protecting more than any other player) there should've been a flag thrown and there should be a fine.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 03:22 PM

That's because his loyalty is more to the NFL than to the Chiefs. He doesn't want to make waves...

Lzen
09-13-2006, 03:22 PM
I hope we make the playoffs and one of our Olinemen f#$% up Geathers. Either that or one of our defenders his Carson Palmer like that and knocks him out. Payback is a bitch.

Simplex3
09-13-2006, 03:23 PM
That's because his loyalty is more to the NFL than to the Chiefs. He doesn't want to make waves...
He's thinking about his ability to get a job in the league office when teams finally figure out he isn't a good coach.

ChiefsFan4Life
09-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Is the NFL going to change this rule? How does the rule not apply in this situation?

This doesn't make ANY ****ing sense at all. I don't care if it wasn't intentional - he should have to suffer the consequences

I hope this causes a media backlash

bogie
09-13-2006, 03:24 PM

I heard Tony G say essentially the same thing. That's crazy talk.

Chiefs Pantalones
Off topic, but if we ever...EVER...wear all white at home again, I'll shoot Herm Edwards.

Simplex3
Is the NFL going to change this rule? How does the rule not apply in this situation?

This doesn't make ANY ****ing sense at all. I don't care if it wasn't intentional - he should have to suffer the consequences

I hope this causes a media backlash
Unless Kansas City is moved to one of the coasts don't expect this to register.

htismaqe

Exactly.

ChiefsFan4Life
09-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Unless Kansas City is moved to one of the coasts don't expect this to register.

Sad, but very very true.

Iowanian
09-13-2006, 03:26 PM
We'll see if the League sees it equally now that
players know they can get away with that......

We'll see if they feel the same way when someone drops a shoulder on Peyton in a feet first slide.

Coach
09-13-2006, 03:29 PM
What a ****ing letdown on the NFL's part.

If Whitlock is lurking at this board, and viewed my post, I would tell Jason to write an article that the NFL has lost all of it's credibility. The RULE states that if a player slides, it becomes in a unprotected position, and that the player is hands off. Who made that rule? Oh shit, the Not For Long made that rule, so it can protect players from getting murdered and sent home from the league, bagging groceries.

He should also write about what most people here are saying, that if it was the Manning brothers, Brady, or Roesthwhataburger, you know that the NFL will fine the bastard(s) through hell.

F**k this shit. :shake:

Mecca
09-13-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm sure the league just hates us and that's the reasoning for this......the thing they probably saw is Kennisons hands on his back which is clearly visible in one of the angles.

Rain Man
09-13-2006, 03:39 PM
We'll see if the League sees it equally now that
players know they can get away with that......

We'll see if they feel the same way when someone drops a shoulder on Peyton in a feet first slide.

No kidding. A viable defensive strategy has just emerged in the NFL. Let the quarterback run the ball, and then put a Bernard Pollard-type guy back there to nail him in the face after he slides. Then do the same thing with the backup quarterback and third-string quarterback.

wutamess
09-13-2006, 03:42 PM
regardless of whether or not it was a cheapshot, Trent was sliding and you can't hit a QB when he's sliding...hitting the QB in a slide = penalty or fine

1. As was said on the NFL network... Trent started his slide late.
2. If I was Geathers I'd be trying to hit the chit out of Trent too. Just so happens Trent slid late (after or just before Geathers started his tackle dive). It was clean. Next Trent will get down earlier.

If it was Manning or whom ever, I'm sure the same outcome would've been the result from the N.F.L.

Rain Man
09-13-2006, 03:44 PM

That's what I don't understand. The guy committed two completely unambiguous personal fouls on the same play. I don't see how there's any question about that. Is it now permissible to hit a quarterback in the head after he slides?

Mecca
09-13-2006, 03:46 PM
That's what I don't understand. The guy committed two completely unambiguous personal fouls on the same play. I don't see how there's any question about that. Is it now permissible to hit a quarterback in the head after he slides?

Look at the post above you that's what the NFL is seeing....plus they're gonna see Kennisons hands on the guys back and it being on a wet field. They're gonna try to be objective not look at it from an empassioned fan view.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2006, 03:47 PM
the thing they probably saw is Kennisons hands on his back which is clearly visible in one of the angles.

IM sure that was the deciding factor in the decision. What dumbass's.

I guess Kennison also made Geathers lower his head into a spearing position to try and nail Green in the head, which is clearly what he was trying to do. People are waaaaay over analyzing this. No, i dont think Geathers is a dirty player overall, but football is a violent game and I think Geathers got caught up in the moment and did intentionally try to spear Green. NO amount of Monday Morning QB'ing can convince me otherwise. Geathers knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

Simplex3
09-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Like I said, somebody better cut Rodney Harrison a big f**king check because half his hits that were fined weren't this bad.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Man, I wish our defense was meaner/had my sadistic streak: we would be headhunting for the rest of this season, for sure. Poor Plummer - he would be the first to taste my wrath. :grr:

Since we <i>don't</i> have a mean defense, I expect the organization to roll tits-up and take this crap w/o another word.

tk13
Kennison had nothing to do with it. Geathers was running full steam ahead, that would've been a violent hit if Kennison was standing 1000 miles away.

wutamess
Look at the post above you that's what the NFL is seeing....plus they're gonna see Kennisons hands on the guys back and it being on a wet field. They're gonna try to be objective not look at it from an empassioned fan view.

However, I don't think Kennison had any impact in this play. THere's no way kennison helped or detoured his momentum.

dirk digler
Why doesn't this surpise me? What a joke and I hope next time a defensive player lights up both Mannings or Palmer, or Brady and ends their season and lets see what the NFL does about that.

ChiefsFan4Life
09-13-2006, 03:50 PM
1. As was said on the NFL network... Trent started his slide late.
2. If I was Geathers I'd be trying to hit the chit out of Trent too. Just so happens Trent slid late (after or just before Geathers started his tackle dive). It was clean. Next Trent will get down earlier.

If it was Manning or whom ever, I'm sure the same outcome would've been the result from the N.F.L.

Your post is false.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Man, I wish our defense was meaner/had my sadistic streak: we would be headhunting for the rest of this season, for sure. Poor Plummer - he would be the first to taste my wrath. :grr:

Since we <i>don't</i> have a mean defense, I expect the organization to roll tits-up and take this crap w/o another word.

So does that mean......you want the defense to do what you are pissed off about happening to us? Don't you think that is just a slight double standard...

Mecca
09-13-2006, 03:51 PM
However, I don't think Kennison had any impact in this play. THere's no way kennison helped or detoured his momentum.

That is probably true but in one of the video angles you can see it, so I was saying league officials watching the tape did see that.

Chiefnj
09-13-2006, 03:51 PM
So does that mean......you want the defense to do what you are pissed off about happening to us? Don't you think that is just a slight double standard...

Nope. It's no longer a double standard. Obviously there has been a rule change and you can hit sliding QB's.

MOhillbilly
09-13-2006, 03:52 PM
you level headed bastards make me sick!!!!

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:53 PM

If the rule is not going to be enforced, take out the opposing QB. The precedent has been set.

Mr. Laz
09-13-2006, 03:53 PM
The Chiefs should of never counted on the NFL to punish Geathers ........ they should of done it themselves.

big pussies

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm sure the league just hates us and that's the reasoning for this......the thing they probably saw is Kennisons hands on his back which is clearly visible in one of the angles.

It does not matter where Kennison's hands were.

When the QB BEGINS his slide, the play is over. Touching said QB is a penalty.

There's no debate about this, it's in the rulebook.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:55 PM
The Chiefs should of never counted on the NFL to punish Geathers ........ they should of done it themselves.

big pussies

Yep.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 03:56 PM
If the rule is not going to be enforced, take out the opposing QB. The precedent has been set.

Yep.

Open season.

Bwana
09-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Wow, what a load of bullshit. I wish I could say I was surprised by the NFL's actions. :shake:

MVChiefFan
09-13-2006, 03:58 PM
If this would have happened to Brady it would have been COMPLETELY different! Geathers would have been fined and received a lifetime ban from the NFL. The Patriots would have received a first round pick for every game Brady missed as compensation because they would have won with Brady, no doubt. And, to finish it all, Brady would get to flip the coin before every super bowl from now until the day he dies, with the exception of any super bowl that he plays in, in which then he will just get to choose what his team wants to do with the opening kickoff.

PHANTOM
09-13-2006, 03:58 PM
If there was a flag, there would have been a fine. I can't believe there was no flag.

Iowanian
09-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Maybe this week, the Chiefs can save their chance of competing and have a gunner leave the sideline and put the crown of a helmet in Cutler's jaw....just to make sure Plummer plays the whole game.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Yep.

Open season.

Alright then you can't complain when guys on your team get the crap knocked out of them.......seeing as the rest of the teams we play have nothing to do with Green or Geathers.

dirk digler
09-13-2006, 04:00 PM

big pussies

No doubt

Mecca
If there was a flag, there would have been a fine. I can't believe there was no flag.

Not true, plenty of guys have gotten fined for plays that weren't flagged.

Simplex3
Maybe this week, the Chiefs can save their chance of competing and have a gunner leave the sideline and put the crown of a helmet in Cutler's jaw....just to make sure Plummer plays the whole game.
Cutler wasn't even sliding. He was standing there.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Alright then you can't complain when guys on your team get the crap knocked out of them.......seeing as the rest of the teams we play have nothing to do with Green or Geathers.

Why would I complain? It's OBVIOUS they're not gonna do a god-damn thing when guys on my team get the crap knocked out of them...

By the way, everyone else here will notice the part in bold...

Mecca
09-13-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm just going to start posting extremely homeristic things because bah gawd bein critical means I'm not a real fan.

Psyko Tek
09-13-2006, 04:07 PM
I've seen guys get flags ( i don't remeber if he was fined) just forr putting two hands onna slid QB

Mecca
09-13-2006, 04:09 PM
From ESPN:

Upon further review, Kansas City Chiefs GM Carl Peterson probably won't be happy with what he hears out of the league office later today. It's highly unlikely that Bengals defensive end Robert Geathers will be fined for his hit on Chiefs quarterback Trent Green, who was released from the hospital two days after suffering a severe concussion.

A review of the game tape and the actual rule appears to have cleared Geathers from wrongdoing.

The various angles do confirm that Geathers was being blocked in the back by Chiefs receiver Eddie Kennison and the contact forced him in a downward momentum into Green.

Even without being pushed, Geathers may have gotten a pass. The quarterback protection rule on a scramble does not go into effect until the quarterback is down -- not when he starts his slide, as many have said. (Also noted is that Green already had run for a couple of first downs).

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm just going to start posting extremely homeristic things because bah gawd bein critical means I'm not a real fan.

I'd expect you to see it that way. That's the simplistic view.

Of course, that's not the case.

dirk digler
09-13-2006, 04:13 PM
From ESPN:

Upon further review, Kansas City Chiefs GM Carl Peterson probably won't be happy with what he hears out of the league office later today. It's highly unlikely that Bengals defensive end Robert Geathers will be fined for his hit on Chiefs quarterback Trent Green, who was released from the hospital two days after suffering a severe concussion.

A review of the game tape and the actual rule appears to have cleared Geathers from wrongdoing.

The various angles do confirm that Geathers was being blocked in the back by Chiefs receiver Eddie Kennison and the contact forced him in a downward momentum into Green.

Even without being pushed, Geathers may have gotten a pass. The quarterback protection rule on a scramble does not go into effect until the quarterback is down -- not when he starts his slide, as many have said. (Also noted is that Green already had run for a couple of first downs).

Interesting.

So even though Green's right knee is down that is not considered "down" when a QB slides? So what is down then?

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Interesting.

So even though Green's right knee is down that is not considered "down" when a QB slides? So what is down then?

When you drive your f*cking shoulderpad thru his cranium.

dirk digler
09-13-2006, 04:15 PM
From ESPN

"In other instances this contact might be illegal, since a defensive player has the responsibility to avoid unnecessary contact even when he is blocked by an opponent. However, in this case, the late slide and the block in the back were mitigating factors," NFL senior vice president of football operations Ray Anderson said in a statement.

Easy 6
09-13-2006, 04:17 PM
What exactly has KC done to the NFL ? Year in , year out we get one of the 5-10 toughest schedules. The talking heads almost seem paid off to jaw away about lesser teams for hours at a time , and when they do talk KC it's pretty much all negative , yet hope springs eternal for lesser clubs , and now THIS whitewash.Pereirra can go go jump into Lake Turd :grr:

ChiefFan31
09-13-2006, 04:17 PM
6. Bengals cheap-shot guy Geathers blows out both ACLs and a vertebrae and then the cart tips over and catches on fire when it's taking him off the field.

LMAO LMAO Not even kidding...F that guy.

I have a newfound hatred for the bungholes after how this all played out. Coupled with the Bengals trolls who came on here to rub TG's injury in...

About the fine, of F'ing course. Not happy about it, but not that surprised either. The NFL has taken a ridiculous stand about it, along with the officials, and jerkoffs like Randy Cross.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 04:19 PM
From ESPN

"In other instances this contact might be illegal, since a defensive player has the responsibility to avoid unnecessary contact even when he is blocked by an opponent. However, in this case, the late slide and the block in the back were mitigating factors," NFL senior vice president of football operations Ray Anderson said in a statement.

I pointed out those mitigating factors numerous times......and I was called stupid.........looks like I'm not stupid eh? Maybe people will think twice about namecalling before they objectivly look at something again huh.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 04:21 PM

So it's ok to knock his ass out because he was successfully moving the ball?

JBucc
09-13-2006, 04:21 PM
I pointed out those mitigating factors numerous times......and I was called stupid.........looks like I'm not stupid eh? Maybe people will think twice about namecalling before they objectivly look at something again huh.shut up stupid

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 04:22 PM
I pointed out those mitigating factors numerous times......and I was called stupid.........looks like I'm not stupid eh? Maybe people will think twice about namecalling before they objectivly look at something again huh.

Of course, "objectively".

A better translation would "covering their ass".

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 04:22 PM

You're asking a group of FANS to be "objective" about a hit which violates two NFL rules and happens to knock their starting all-pro QB out of several games and could have possibly caused severe permanent damage? And now you're saying "nyah nyah, told ya so?"

F*CK YOU, buddy! 4321

Bob Dole
09-13-2006, 04:25 PM
What a ****ing sick, sadistic joke.

The QB's in the league should be quaking in their cleats right now.

Bob Dole
09-13-2006, 04:26 PM

The NFL officials being idiots and you being an idiot are not mutually exclusive.

Idiot.

Frenzy
09-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Notes: NFL clears Geathers

By GEOFF HOBSON
September 13, 2006

Updated: 5:05 p.m.

The NFL cleared Bengals defensive end Robert Geathers of any illegalities in Sunday's hit on Chiefs quarterback Trent Green that knocked him unconcious.

NFL senior vice president Ray Anderson cited Trent Green's late slide and Eddie Kennison's block in the back as the mitigating factors in a play that drew criticism from Chiefs president Carl Peterson and some players.

Anderson released the following statement:

"An extensive review of this play showed that Green began a late slide as Robert Geathers of the Bengals broke down to tackle him. Simultaneously, the defender was blocked in the back by a Kansas City player.

"As a result of the block in the back, Geathers was no longer in complete control of his body. Anticipating contact with the sliding quarterback, Geathers twisted his torso in order to avoid helmet-to-helmet contact or driving his helmet into Greenís body. Nonetheless, Geathersí right shoulder contacted Greenís right shoulder, driving Greenís upper body and head into the ground."

Anderson then added two reminders about rules regarding sliding quarterbacks. When a runner begins to slide feet-first, a defensive player must pull up and avoid unnecessary contact. Also, quarterbacks who desire to take advantage of the protection provided to a sliding runner are responsible for starting their slide before contact by a defensive player is imminent.

www.bengals.com

morphius
Also keep in mind that the Chiefs players and coaches really can't comment, because then the refs will just be waiting to pull out the yellow hankies on them. Going into Denver that will be enough of an issue.

Mecca
You're asking a group of FANS to be "objective" about a hit which violates two NFL rules and happens to knock their starting all-pro QB out of several games and could have possibly caused severe permanent damage? And now you're saying "nyah nyah, told ya so?"

F*CK YOU, buddy! 4321

Well according to the NFL it doesn't violate any rules now does it?

Just simply saying after I got called all sorts of names for my view maybe people will take others opinions into account even when it isn't popular instead of namecalling........Me and 2 other people had this view and everyone else called us stupid non fans all sorts of ridiculous names.......appears that well we we're right, what's wrong with pointing out that after the ridiculous crap endured for not sharing the broad board view?

JBucc

Just simply saying after I got called all sorts of names for my view maybe people will take others opinions into account even when it isn't popular instead of namecalling........Me and 2 other people had this view and everyone else called us stupid non fans all sorts of ridiculous names.......appears that well we we're right, what's wrong with pointing out that after the ridiculous crap endured for not sharing the broad board view?Why do you hate Trent Green?

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 04:28 PM
What a ****ing sick, sadistic joke.

The QB's in the league should be quaking in their cleats right now.

Not ALL QB's...just the ones that don't play in Atlanta, New York, Indianapolis, New England, Cincinatti, Pittsburgh, Denver, or Green Bay.

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm not surprised.

Any other franchise and the play results in a rules change. (shrug)

Guru
09-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Shanahan had the balls to say that it was all Eddie's fault for his "illegal block in the back". He is still smarting over Dante 3 years ago.

Mecca
Why do you hate Trent Green?

I don't hate Trent Green....it's unfortunate it happened.

htismaqe

Just simply saying after I got called all sorts of names for my view maybe people will take others opinions into account even when it isn't popular instead of namecalling........Me and 2 other people had this view and everyone else called us stupid non fans all sorts of ridiculous names.......appears that well we we're right, what's wrong with pointing out that after the ridiculous crap endured for not sharing the broad board view?

Like I said before, you being a non-fan has precious little to do with how you feel about this call. It has everything to do with how you look down your nose at other fans and call them homers any time they take pride in their team.

As for the NFL, they're in the business of protecting their own. Had a flag been thrown, things would have been different. As it is, they're covering their asses...

Logical
09-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Hopefully karma will *Fine* that futhermucker since the NFL didn't see it fit.

Ridiculous.

Shannahan blamed it on Eddie Kennison's cheap shot.

Shanahan was only point out what was obvious from the game film.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 04:31 PM
The NFL officials being idiots and you being an idiot are not mutually exclusive.

Idiot.

Right....so you a man sitting in his living room in Texas. Knows more about this game and this league than everyone who works in the NFL office.....that's basically what you're saying.

dirk digler
09-13-2006, 04:32 PM
I totally disagree with this ruling. When a QB slides isn't contact imminent I mean that is why the QB slides so they don't get killed.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Shanahan was only point out what was obvious from the game film.

It's about time you showed up.

You've become a pretty sad sack of shit...

keg in kc
Like I said before, you being a non-fan has precious little to do with how you feel about this call. It has everything to do with how you look down your nose at other fans and call them homers any time they take pride in their team.It's one thing to discuss or argue, it's another thing to be a douche about it....

dirk digler
Shanahan had the balls to say that it was all Eddie's fault for his "illegal block in the back". He is still smarting over Dante 3 years ago.

Did he really say that? I need a link to read that please?

JBucc
I don't hate Trent GreenSure you don't. I bet you've got a Carson Palmer shrine in your closet don't you?

Logical
09-13-2006, 04:34 PM
I don't hate Trent Green....it's unfortunate it happened.

Mecca what you have to realize is that even when your view is proven correct most of the people on the BB are still going to hate that view and live with it. At least you have the satisfaction that the NFL saw it the same way you did.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Like I said before, you being a non-fan has precious little to do with how you feel about this call. It has everything to do with how you look down your nose at other fans and call them homers any time they take pride in their team.

As for the NFL, they're in the business of protecting their own. Had a flag been thrown, things would have been different. As it is, they're covering their asses...

Pleny of players have been fined after the fact for non flagged plays so frankly that is false. I also like how I'm not a Chiefs fan because I can actually look at something objectivly that is brilliant.

Logical
09-13-2006, 04:35 PM
It's about time you showed up.

You've become a pretty sad sack of shit...

Parker resorting to name calling, who would have believed it.

Archie F. Swin
09-13-2006, 04:37 PM
I dont think Kennison caused Geathers to lose control of his body. I do however think Geathers causeed Green to lose control of his body.

Oh well, fukc 'em

Mecca
09-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Mecca what you have to realize is that even when your view is proven correct most of the people on the BB are still going to hate that view and live with it. At least you have the satisfaction that the NFL saw it the same way you did.

Pretty much, I see that now even when your right if it isn't with the majority of the board you'll still be treated as you're wrong.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Pleny of players have been fined after the fact for non flagged plays so frankly that is false. I also like how I'm not a Chiefs fan because I can actually look at something objectivly that is brilliant.

Again, it doesn't have much at all to do with how you view the hit on Green.

ChiefFan31
09-13-2006, 04:42 PM
"I was optimistic going into this ruling that we were going to get a fine. Maybe I was the only one, but I felt we could surprise them with the video and get a fine, obviously that was not the case."

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 04:43 PM

Typical holier-than-thou response.

redngold85

I get it...Shana-douche saw the light tap that Kennison laid on the back of Gay-thers on game film and decided that the light tap was enough to send the defensive end forward and downward, leading with his shoulder, into a sliding QB...ok...I completely forgive the NFL for their dumbass-ness in their ruling...

htismaqe
Parker resorting to name calling, who would have believed it.

You've earned it.

You've become the biggest douchebag on this board...

dirk digler
09-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Ok so I went back and watched this play about 30 times in a row in 3 different angles and now I really disagree.

How the hell could the say that Geathers "Anticipating contact with the sliding quarterback, Geathers twisted his torso". ROFL

That is a joke he didn't move at all from his course. It looked like Kennison attempted to block him in the back but he wiffed majorly. In fact after the game Geathers said someone told him he got pushed in the back but he didn't know.

What a ****ing joke.

Logical
09-13-2006, 04:45 PM
You've earned it.

You've become the biggest douchebag on this board...ROFL

JBucc
09-13-2006, 04:47 PM
ROFLGod what a douchebag.

Logical
09-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Typical holier-than-thou response.When you have room to express it, no need to be less than forthright. This BB has never been about being fair.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 04:48 PM
You've earned it.

You've become the biggest douchebag on this board...

Atleast he doesn't insult people because they don't agree with him....

Logical
09-13-2006, 04:48 PM
God what a douchebag.ROFLROFL

Irony has raised it head and spoken.

Logical
09-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Atleast he doesn't insult people because they don't agree with him....Not really true, I just insult them with class instead of with vulgarity. Don't give me too much credit. I am honest about my failings.

Chiefnj
09-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Mecca,

Do you really believe that Kennison blocked Geathers into Green? I'm not asking if there was contact, I agree there was. But do you, not the league, believe Kennison's contact forced Geathers down shoulder first into Green's chest?

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 04:51 PM
The problem isn't what people think or don't think about the hit, the problem is the lack of respect by so many in the discussion. It's like trying to listen to WHB...hello...the subject is what's interesting, not the knuckleheads talking about it. It's like everybody's desperate for attention or something.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Atleast he doesn't insult people because they don't agree with him....

He most certainly does. You don't know the first thing about it.

JBucc
09-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Not really true, I just insult them with class instead of with vulgarity. Don't give me too much credit. I am honest about my failings.I'm totally the same way. People just don't understand us.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Not really true, I just insult them with class instead of with vulgarity. Don't give me too much credit. I am honest about my failings.

Class? Since when are smarmy insincerity and whiny passive-aggressive public outcries considered "classy"?

Please, by all means, post a poll about it and find out what the rest of the board thinks about you...

dirk digler
Mecca,

Do you really believe that Kennison blocked Geathers into Green? I'm not asking if there was contact, I agree there was. But do you, not the league, believe Kennison's contact forced Geathers down shoulder first into Green's chest?

If I could answer this as well my answer would be no. Like I said earlier after watching it from 3 different angles IMO Kennison didn't touch him. He tried but I think he wiffed.

Now maybe the NFL has alot more views than that what has been out there but I just don't see it.

Also there is no way in hell he tried to avoid hitting him. That is what pisses me off the most.

JBucc
I love a good public opinion poll

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Class? Since when are smarmy insincerity and whiny passive-aggressive public outcries considered "classy"?

Please, by all means, post a poll about it and find out what the rest of the board thinks about you...

ROFL

Mecca
09-13-2006, 04:55 PM
The problem isn't what people think or don't think about the hit, the problem is the lack of respect by so many in the discussion. It's like trying to listen to WHB...hello...the subject is what's interesting, not the knuckleheads talking about it. It's like everybody's desperate for attention or something.

I've been called every name in the book on here the last 3 days, I've been called a non fan of this team. I've basically been disrespected and railed on for having a view that in the end the NFL agrees with me and I still get ripped on even when I was right in the end.

At this point I think I could be extremely disrespectful to most everyone here and have a right to do that......

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 04:58 PM
I've been called every name in the book on here the last 3 days, I've been called a non fan of this team. I've basically been disrespected and railed on for having a view that in the end the NFL agrees with me and I still get ripped on even when I was right in the end.

At this point I think I could be extremely disrespectful to most everyone here and have a right to do that......

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll state again that the reason I've responded to you the way I have is not because you were wrong or right about the hit on Trent...

DanT
09-13-2006, 05:00 PM
I agree with the NFL's ruling. Trent Green took too many steps. A QB wishing to protect himself by resorting to the slide rule (i.e. putting on his QB panties) should get his butt down on the turf in time for the defender to be able to see that the panties are being pulled up the QB's legs, especially a courageous QB like Trent Green who had already ended at least one first-down-converting scramble that day without putting the panties on.

The video is horrifying. Only a split second elapses from when Green's butt hits the ground and when Geathers is flying into his chest. Green took at least one too many steps, maybe three.

Also, although I haven't made a study of it, I very much doubt that there are any comparable situations in which the NFL did impose a fine. This wasn't a helmet-to-helmet contact incident. This was a QB taking too many steps in open field against a rapidly converging linebacker. If anyone knows of a comparable situation in which the NFL did fine the defender, I'd like to hear about it.

Short Leash Hootie
09-13-2006, 05:01 PM
guys, who gives a ****? If they fined him a bajillion dollars, would that make our QB healthy?

Mecca
09-13-2006, 05:02 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll state again that the reason I've responded to you the way I have is not because you were wrong or right about the hit on Trent...

So is this because I question the moves the Chiefs make and don't jump around with red colored glasses on? I've made no bones about it I didn't like this offseason, that's my personel opinion. I didn't like the draft if I'm wrong I'm wrong but that's what I thought at the time and still think that.

What do I need to do to be a "real fan" in your view? Or do I need to just fall and line or well frankly you don't like me and will bust on whatever I say.

Nzoner
09-13-2006, 05:05 PM
It does not matter where Kennison's hands were.

When the QB BEGINS his slide, the play is over. Touching said QB is a penalty.

There's no debate about this, it's in the rulebook.

As I recall isn't there also something in the rulebook about having a foreign substance on your uniform?

I think we all remember how well that one worked out in favor of KC.

Baby Lee
09-13-2006, 05:07 PM
At least you have the satisfaction that the NFL saw it the same way you did.
'Taking satisfaction' from this incident, wow! Just . . . . . . . . . . . . . wow!!!

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 05:09 PM
'Taking satisfaction' from this incident, wow! Just . . . . . . . . . . . . . wow!!!I'm just as surprised and shocked by that as you are.

dirk digler
So is this because I question the moves the Chiefs make and don't jump around with red colored glasses on? I've made no bones about it I didn't like this offseason, that's my personel opinion. I didn't like the draft if I'm wrong I'm wrong but that's what I thought at the time and still think that.

What do I need to do to be a "real fan" in your view? Or do I need to just fall and line or well frankly you don't like me and will bust on whatever I say.

The reason why I thought you seemed to be a non-fan is it is like everyone else is right except the Chiefs.

I still respect you Mecca but I came this close to putting you on ignore and I have never felt that way about anywhere here.

redngold85
guys, who gives a ****? If they fined him a bajillion dollars, would that make our QB healthy?

yeah...you're right...it wouldn't make Trent ready to play against the donkeys this weekend...but it's just the fact that this happened without justice that pisses me off...and knowing that if it were one of the more attention-getting QB's in the NFL...there would've been an uproar...

Coy Bacon
I totally disagree with this ruling. When a QB slides isn't contact imminent I mean that is why the QB slides so they don't get killed.

I actually thought that league politics would result in a fine. I'm glad that was not the case.

One thing is clear. There was no helmet to helmet contact, so Herman Edwards and any Chiefs that kept braying that bullshit sounded like a bunch of whining douche bags.

Kennison's illegal block appeared to minimally affect Geathers' trajectory, but once it's there, it becomes a point of consideration casting reasonable doubt regarding intent to nail the ball carrier to the ground like that.

The main issue is that your boy started his slide late, as the league found, and the referee could clearly see. Furthermore, he had set himself up by eschewing the slide previously. He tried to milk the run for the first down, and in the process waited until Geathers was on his way to start his slide. At the point at which Geathers starts to fire out, it's only clear in hindsight that Green was breaking down to slide rather than breaking down to cut. By that time, Geathers was on his way, and the push from Kennison certainly didn't help matters, as little leverage as Kennison had, with his no-blocking self.

The refs and the league did a good job. I'm certainly glad that it appears that there will be a next time for Trent Green. I'm sure it won't be necessary to tell him to get down early next time, or the band will be playing "Sleepy Time Down South" again.

So long suckers.

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 05:10 PM
I still respect you Mecca but I came this close to putting you on ignore and I have never felt that way about anywhere here.Damn.

Guess we need to try harder.

TrickyNicky
09-13-2006, 05:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNCpHGVPJ-w&mode=related&search=

Now thats a cheap shot. Ouch.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 05:12 PM
The reason why I thought you seemed to be a non-fan is it is like everyone else is right except the Chiefs.

I still respect you Mecca but I came this close to putting you on ignore and I have never felt that way about anywhere here.

Right as in roster moves or as in the Green thing.....I'll explain either if you clarify to me what you mean.

Nzoner
09-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Hasselback took a similar hit last Sunday not 10 minutes after Trent and the ref threw the flag on it.

Of course Hasselback jumped up and upon seeing no flag jumped the ref's ass and got the flag,I guess if Trent had been able to do the same things may have been different.

What a crock of shit.

Brock
09-13-2006, 05:15 PM
So long suckers.

After the way you bengal fans cried like little bitches when Palmer got ****ed up, I had at least some sympathy for you. But now, you can all just **** straight off. I hope Carson Palmer has both legs broken this season.

Short Leash Hootie
09-13-2006, 05:16 PM
yeah...you're right...it wouldn't make Trent ready to play against the donkeys this weekend...but it's just the fact that this happened without justice that pisses me off...and knowing that if it were one of the more attention-getting QB's in the NFL...there would've been an uproar...
It was an unnecessary hit, that's for sure, but I don't think it was dirty, nor do I really think a fine was a must...

It's my opinion, and Trent Green is my favorite Chief of all time hands down, that no fine is ok with me.

Injuries happen in football...

Just like when Palmer went down, that was a freak accident, and everyone was calling for that dude's head in Cincy...it's not like he tried to **** Palmer's knee up.

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Apparently it's a tendency of the crew we had. They'll throw flags on ticky-tack shit but let major infractions go. I'd like to say I'm surprised that the NFL didn't take any action, but I expected them to back their officials.

In an era where the QB's are all but untouchable, they're literally in a bubble during the game, it's amazing that they'd let this go.

dirk digler
09-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Right as in roster moves or as in the Green thing.....I'll explain either if you clarify to me what you mean.

Neither just overall what you have said this week and maybe I just took it wrong but damn you were pissing me off.

All is good now though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2006, 05:19 PM
For whatever reason the NFL has no respect for this franchise. It has been consistently jobbed by refs and by know-nothing sack of shit media types who care more about getting themselves over as a character than intelligent analysis of what actually happens on a football field. You can not sit there and honestly say that if this had happened to any one of the league's poster boys that it wouldn't have been met with immediate and harsh penalties.

dirk digler
09-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Damn.

Guess we need to try harder.

ROFL

JBucc
09-13-2006, 05:26 PM
I haven't really viewed it except for crappy youtube videos and brief shots on ESPN, but I must say I thought it would be fined no matter what and I am interested (for once) in what Dr. Z has to say tommorow.

Hydrae
09-13-2006, 05:34 PM
***I did not get to see the game***

Jaws was just on ESPN radio a couple minutes ago (yes, I am aware of the general opinion of Jaworski on this board) and he said he watched the play about 100 times from several angles. As a former QB even he feels there was no penalty. Actually, per Jaws, if there was any foul on the play it would have been a clip on Kennison.

Take it for what it is worth, I am just passing along info.

OnTheWarpath58
09-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Prediction:

At some point this season, one of our defenders will be part of a similar play and will get flagged and/or fined.

And all hell will break out......

Mark it down......

memyselfI
09-13-2006, 05:38 PM
For whatever reason the NFL has no respect for this franchise. It has been consistently jobbed by refs and by know-nothing sack of shit media types who care more about getting themselves over as a character than intelligent analysis of what actually happens on a football field. You can not sit there and honestly say that if this had happened to any one of the league's poster boys that it wouldn't have been met with immediate and harsh penalties.

I think this was cut and pasted off a Raiders boards cuz I swear I read the exact same paragraph approx. two years ago. :hmmm:

memyselfI
09-13-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm not surprised by this. I do think the NFL is run by idiots.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 05:41 PM

This is exactly what I was talking about the other day when I said some fans have "little guy syndrome".

PastorMikH
09-13-2006, 05:49 PM
At this point I think the Chiefs need to have a "Us against everyone" attitude. The NFL has been kicking them around for sometime - remember Tag's comment about the KC D a few years back?

Face it, the Chiefs aren't going to get any calls, they aren't going to get any respect, they have to step up and play the game well enough to overcome the "obstacles".

Just wait and see how bad the officials try to hose us in Denver. Seems like they always get us worst there than anywhere else.

memyselfI
09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
"An extensive review of this play showed that Green began a late slide as Robert Geathers of the Bengals broke down to tackle him. Simultaneously, the defender was blocked in the back by a Kansas City player.

"As a result of the block in the back, Geathers was no longer in complete control of his body. Anticipating contact with the sliding quarterback, Geathers twisted his torso in order to avoid helmet-to-helmet contact or driving his helmet into Greenís body. Nonetheless, Geathersí right shoulder contacted Greenís right shoulder, driving Greenís upper body and head into the ground."

Anderson then added two reminders about rules regarding sliding quarterbacks. When a runner begins to slide feet-first, a defensive player must pull up and avoid unnecessary contact. Also, quarterbacks who desire to take advantage of the protection provided to a sliding runner are responsible for starting their slide before contact by a defensive player is imminent.

Bottom line, according to the NFL, Trent Green is responsible for getting his azz nailed. :rolleyes: :banghead: :shake:

Mecca
09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
At this point I think the Chiefs need to have a "Us against everyone" attitude. The NFL has been kicking them around for sometime - remember Tag's comment about the KC D a few years back?

Face it, the Chiefs aren't going to get any calls, they aren't going to get any respect, they have to step up and play the game well enough to overcome the "obstacles".

Just wait and see how bad the officials try to hose us in Denver. Seems like they always get us worst there than anywhere else.

::::::Puts on tinfoil hat:::::::

milkman
09-13-2006, 06:04 PM
I think this was cut and pasted off a Raiders boards cuz I swear I read the exact same paragraph approx. two years ago. :hmmm:

We don't care that your Raiders feel the same way.

Brock
09-13-2006, 06:06 PM
He hit him in the knee that's cheap.

:rolleyes: What do you want to do, put Palmer in a skirt?

Mcgee24
09-13-2006, 06:07 PM

O Rlly? Get over your little guy syndrome. The nfl doesnt hate the chiefs or other medium or small market teams. Yes the NFL caters to the bigger markets, and the average joe fans of the world who like the steelers and patriots. Thats who they sell their product to, not to fans of teams who haven't been that good in quite awhile. Maybe I dont have my tinfoil hat on tight enough and I've been brainwashed, but I honestly believe good teams overcome bad calls, and well bad teams don't.

Brock
09-13-2006, 06:09 PM
The Steelers are playing dirty........

What do you want, that's just good, physical football. :rolleyes:

DJJasonp
09-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Prediction:

At some point this season, one of our defenders will be part of a similar play and will get flagged and/or fined.

And all hell will break out......

Mark it down......

Couldnt agree more......it will happen to us....and we'll get flagged, fined, etc etc.

I bet if you watch the tape, Chad Johnson pushed off (like Samie Parker) and didnt get flagged once....oh...wait....we played 12 yards off of him all day.....forget it.

Brock
09-13-2006, 06:11 PM
God damn the Steelers are assholes......

Oh, quit whining, you big sissy. Von Oelhofen wasn't fined, it was just a good clean hit.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Hey that's great and all but I do think diving at someones knee is a little more dirty than what happened to Green. I didn't think it should have been fined but it was also a completely different circumstance than what happened here.

That's happened to Carson Palmer twice now.......

Brock
09-13-2006, 06:14 PM
That's one way to win a game. "They can't win without Palmer, so let's dive into his knee."

:deevee:

Bwana
09-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Pretty much, I see that now even when your right if it isn't with the majority of the board you'll still be treated as you're wrong.

That would be because....................YOU ARE.

Brock
09-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Hey that's great and all but I do think diving at someones knee is a little more dirty than what happened to Green. I didn't think it should have been fined but it was also a completely different circumstance than what happened here.

That's happened to Carson Palmer twice now.......

Of course he wasn't fined, it was a good clean hit. Get over it, you whiner.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 06:17 PM
That would be because....................YOU ARE.

Really.....What did the league office have to say about that? Or do you know more than the people who run the league......

OnTheWarpath58
09-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Really.....What did the league office have to say about that? Or do you know more than the people who run the league......

Not taking sides, but.....

When was the last time the league office was right about ANYTHING??

Brock
09-13-2006, 06:20 PM

Apparently, you did when you were crying like a little girl when Palmer went down last year.

They just flagged Cincy for a late hit when the Steelers were jacking up the Cincy offensive guys..........talk about a giant double standard.

Obviously, you're no one to talk about others who think the league and game officials screwed up.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Not taking sides, but.....

When was the last time the league office was right about ANYTHING??

I just think this crap I've been reading ever since I've been here about how "the NFL hates the Chiefs" and how they're out to get the Chiefs and aren't fair to the Chiefs. Do you guys honestly think the league office sits around thinking of ways to screw the Chiefs over?

I mean cmon do the people that believe this sit around with their tinfoil hats on talking about government conspiracys too?

Brock
09-13-2006, 06:22 PM
The Steelers were offside yet the Bengals get the penalty.

Screw that tinfoil hat on tight. It's all a conspiracy!!

Mecca
09-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Keep going, be my guest. I'm sure what happened in January has a hell of alot to do with 4 days ago but hey whatever floats your boat.

I never said the NFL officiating was always good but acting like the league office is out to get you is a bit much.

Brock
09-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Oh, I just find it hilarious what a tragedy Palmer going down was to you, with you crying like a bitch over it, but when it happens to Green we're supposed to pretend like it never happened. Dumbass hypocrite.

Calcountry
09-13-2006, 06:34 PM
I just think this crap I've been reading ever since I've been here about how "the NFL hates the Chiefs" and how they're out to get the Chiefs and aren't fair to the Chiefs. Do you guys honestly think the league office sits around thinking of ways to screw the Chiefs over?

I mean cmon do the people that believe this sit around with their tinfoil hats on talking about government conspiracys too?Haven't you heard? Bush is da debil, and he went to war to save Halliburton.

Otter
09-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Don't be too hard on Mecca, he's still trying to figure out the difference between a testcle and and an earlobe.

KcMizzou
09-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Wow. Someone's been exposed as a huge hypocrite.

Bwana
09-13-2006, 06:39 PM
They gave no fine. Does that mean they were right? Are you one of these, everything I read or hear must be the truth kind of clowns? If that's the case, I have one hell of a deal on some PRIME beach front land here in Montana I will sell you at a great deal!!

Raiderhader
09-13-2006, 06:39 PM
This is complete and utter bullshit. I am pissed beyond words.

Skip Towne
09-13-2006, 06:40 PM
I will consider Mecca a 'real fan" when I see he has moved his annoying ass over to WPI.

Bwana
09-13-2006, 06:44 PM
I will consider Mecca a 'real fan" when I see he has moved his annoying ass over to WPI.

Yeah, hey Phobia we have something for you big boy! :thumb:

Arrowhead Pride
09-13-2006, 06:45 PM
As pissed off as I was when I saw the hit, the replay doesn't confirm much in the way of an illegal hit. I hate to say it but its true. Still, I hope Carson Palmer's leg folds in half this season sometime. Hopefully in the playoffs against the Chiefs.

Raiderhader
09-13-2006, 06:49 PM
As pissed off as I was when I saw the hit, the replay doesn't confirm much in the way of an illegal hit. I hate to say it but its true. Still, I hope Carson Palmer's leg folds in half this season sometime. Hopefully in the playoffs against the Chiefs.

Than you are unfamiliar with the rules... or what USED to be the rules anyway.

Baby Lee
09-13-2006, 07:05 PM
OJ never killed nobody.

That is all.

TrickyNicky
09-13-2006, 07:11 PM
OJ never killed nobody.

That is all.
Yep. And Ray-Ray didn't see nothin'. He just got back in his limo.

stevieray
09-13-2006, 07:14 PM
I wonder where Geather's wouldv'e hit Green if he wasn't sliding?

My guess is below the knee, which is also illegal due to the new Palmer rule.

Joe Seahawk
09-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Hasselback took a similar hit last Sunday not 10 minutes after Trent and the ref threw the flag on it.

Of course Hasselback jumped up and upon seeing no flag jumped the ref's ass and got the flag,I guess if Trent had been able to do the same things may have been different.

What a crock of shit.

The flag was for helmet to helmet spear.. It was very similar to Trents hit except the guy speared Hass in the head..

I hope Trent will be OK that was nasty. :shake:

Hydrae
09-13-2006, 07:25 PM

That is one point I am not hearing being talked about on the radio shows. But since he did slide I guess it is a moot point.

Guru
09-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Did he really say that? I need a link to read that please?

It was reported on 810 and they had audio of it. KK was laughing his ass off.

KcMizzou
09-13-2006, 07:34 PM
It was reported on 810 and they had audio of it. KK was laughing his ass off.
I wonder if he still has that Broncos jersey he put on a couple seasons back.

stevieray
09-13-2006, 07:39 PM
That is one point I am not hearing being talked about on the radio shows. But since he did slide I guess it is a moot point.

I think sometimes players care more about making the highlight reel than playing by the rules. His reaction afterwards pissed me off.

KCinNY
09-13-2006, 07:47 PM
If the Chiefs D had any stones at all, they'd go ahead and try to decapitate the next QB that slides in front of them.

That's something I'd expect from Gunther circa 1997, not from today's version.

Coy Bacon
09-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Oh, I just find it hilarious what a tragedy Palmer going down was to you, with you crying like a bitch over it, but when it happens to Green we're supposed to pretend like it never happened. Dumbass hypocrite.

I wasn't crying when Palmer got hurt, and I'm not crying now. Actually, the difference between Palmer's case and this one is that the Squealers had threatened to do something like that after Odell Thurman got tripped by the Squealers' center and came in low at Jenn Rothlisberger. Thurman drew a flag in that case. The center actually admitted that he tripped Thurman, but Jenn squealed like - well like Squealers do, and his fellow vermin in piss-colored britches made noises about retaliating.

Palmer's injury was suspiciously timed in light of the circumstances, but my reaction then was, bad on the Bengals for not making them pay for it. Subsequently, I have my doubts that Von Oelhoffen was trying to take Palmer out, but the timing was, again, awfully suspicious. No such circumstances attended Green's injury.

I'm glad that it looks like Green will be OK, but the real problem here is that defenses do two things when they're playing well and playing aggressively, 1) they tend to hurt people whether they're trying to or not, and 2) they get away with questionable hits because they're always hitting at all angles and they tend to get their shots off before the other guy makes his move. That's the kind of thing that happened to Palmer and that's what happened to Green.

Next time, your boy needs to forget about that marker and get his ass on the ground. I told you mugs that you didn't know what you were ****ing with.

Sure-Oz
09-13-2006, 07:53 PM
I say we start tackling QB's on slides from here on out, since its ok to. If that was Tom Brady or Peyton Manning all hell would've broken loose.

Coy Bacon
09-13-2006, 07:55 PM
I say we start tackling QB's on slides from here on out, since its ok to. If that was Tom Brady or Peyton Manning all hell would've broken loose.

No dawg. That would be a mistake. Your guys are too slow to get away with it.

Mr. Laz
09-13-2006, 08:07 PM
you can bet if i'm a chiefs defender i'm thinking about it. :mad:

next time a QB scrambles you go in hard and fast ....... right at knee level.

if the QB slides, you knock his fuggin head off ...... if he doesn't, you shred a knee cap or two.

Easy 6
09-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Boy ( insert middle name here ) fakin', now that IS IT MISTER , you dont sass' ya' PA like'at.....now ya' get on out yonder an' fetch a willa' branch........and yee best make it a goodn'......now GIT !!!!!

dirk digler
09-13-2006, 08:16 PM

That was what I was thinking. He started to go low before Trent slid so my guess take out the weak knee.

ChiefFan31
09-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Good Job Brock! :clap: :clap: :clap:

That had to be the case, when precious USC Golden Boy Palmer went down.

Logical
09-13-2006, 08:33 PM

What do I need to do to be a "real fan" in your view? Or do I need to just fall and line or well frankly you don't like me and will bust on whatever I say.It helps but only a little if you have been a fan 40 years and attended every game in the 70s at Arrowhead. Frankly the no fan card is played because they don't like your opinions not because they really think you are not a fan. They think it will hurt your feelings. You have to just learn to ignore it.

Logical
09-13-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm just as surprised and shocked by that as you are.The satisfaction is not in Trent getting hurt, don't be absurd, I expect such nonsense from Brock. The satisfaction is in seeing what really happened in the replay and admitting it happened. Kennison knocked Geathers off balance with a block in the back that caused Geathers to fall forward off balance and it happened at the last possible second as is clear in the video. Hell Kennison was rolling over Geather's legs as Geathers' shoulder was hitting Trent.

4th and Long
09-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Kennison knocked Geathers off balance with a block in the back that caused Geathers to fall forward off balance and it happened at the last possible second as is clear in the video.
Wouldn't that be a penalty?

Anyone see a flag? Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Logical
09-13-2006, 08:42 PM
The refs and the league did a good job. I'm certainly glad that it appears that there will be a next time for Trent Green. .....

It was good that you added this to your rant. As a fan I have been accused of desiring Trent was hurt because I saw it like it happened and admitted it. I cannot imagine what would have been heaped on you as an opposition fan without that statement.

Iowanian
09-13-2006, 08:42 PM
There will be zero sympathy from me when a Bengal player gets decapitated, or Palmer's Leg falls off....based souly on the Salad tossing Brown fan-wannabe-cousin-humping Bungle fans.

I seriously hope that team implodes and sucks for another 2o years.

Logical
09-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Wouldn't that be a penalty?

Anyone see a flag? Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?A penalty should have been called on both players IMO definitely on Kennison and possibly on Geathers the result no change in field position would have resulted. I have never argued no penalties should have been called in fact I argued that Kennison should have been penalized in other threads.

OnTheWarpath58
09-13-2006, 08:45 PM
There will be zero sympathy from me when a Bengal player gets decapitated, or Palmer's Leg falls off....based souly on the Salad tossing Brown fan-wannabe-cousin-humping Bungle fans.

I seriously hope that team implodes and sucks for another 2o years.

There will be zero symapathy from me when any other team's player gets decapitated......

The "Trent Green Rule" is in effect starting right now.....

Mr. Laz
09-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Kennison knocked Geathers off balance with a block in the back that caused Geathers to fall forward off balance and it happened at the last possible second as is clear in the video.
no he didn't ....... you can watch the video and Geathers trajectory didn't change.

AT MOST ...... AT MOST Geathers body rolled 1/4 turn because of kennison and i doubt even that.

90% miss by kennison on Geathers

kennison's shoulder pads missed Geathers completely ... his elbows,forearms missed too

the hands of a 200lbs 30+ yr wr MAY have hit the back of a 265lb, 23 yr old Defensive without any noticeable body angle change ........ but that's the reason he hit Green ........ ya ........ riiiiiiiight.

just forget about the fact that geather's knees bent for the hit before Kennison was ever even close to him.

i've watched it frame by frame a dozen times.

Easy 6
09-13-2006, 08:48 PM
4th and Long that inspirational artwork is a gem... :clap: :clap: :clap: LMAO

4th and Long
09-13-2006, 08:49 PM
4th and Long that inspirational artwork is a gem... :clap: :clap: :clap: LMAO
I had 5 minutes of free time after tucking the kids into bed. I didn't want to waste it doing nothing. :D

tk13
09-13-2006, 08:50 PM
You guys are falling for the bait. At this point I think you could tell Logical and Mecca the sun is yellow, and they would argue that with you.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 08:51 PM

Nope. I've said at least twice already that it's not that at all. You don't have to do anything to be a "real fan" in my eyes, I'm not sure there even is such a thing.

It's not the fact that no matter what the Chiefs do, it was the wrong thing. It's that when faced with evidence to the contrary, you instantly pull the "I'm smarter than you, you're a homer" card. You've done it since the day you arrived, whether we're talking about the game or the draft or whatever.

Oh, and there's that little indiscrepancy Brock pointed out...

Logical
09-13-2006, 08:51 PM

Now this is a stated opinion I agree with. Don't cry about it overcome it, cause it is not going to change. And for my ownself let me add definitely don't cry when your own player has committed a blocking in the back penalty that did not get called.

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 08:52 PM
The satisfaction is not in Trent getting hurt, don't be absurd, I expect such nonsense from Brock. The satisfaction is in seeing what really happened in the replay and admitting it happened. Kennison knocked Geathers off balance with a block in the back that caused Geathers to fall forward off balance and it happened at the last possible second as is clear in the video. Hell Kennison was rolling over Geather's legs as Geathers' shoulder was hitting Trent.Either you've got a really dirty screen or you need new glasses. That or you've seen a completely different video than the 957 angles of the play that I have. Kennison barely touched him - that's assuming he touched him at all, which wasn't proven to my satisfaction in any angle I've seen. Geathers lowered the boom. Period.

And you take satisfaction every time the team loses game. You know you do. It's a societal thing; you're so miserable that you enjoy watching the suffering of others. It's why people watch infotainment "news" like Fox and CNN all day. "My life sucks, but, hey, his is worse!" Now, not Green, I know you don't wish actual injury to him specifically, but you enjoy watching people here upset by it. You love it after we lose, you love watching people panic and squirm. You love gloom and doom. It makes you feel better about yourself.

Either that, or you're like Proctor's little sister, pulling at his little bowtied pigtails asking for a lick of his big round lollypop. It's like he's your idol or something.

Sad.

Logical
09-13-2006, 08:55 PM
No dawg. That would be a mistake. Your guys are too slow to get away with it.
Ouch, this hurt because our lineman are indeed that slow, well at least the tackles and Hicks.

Logical
09-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Either you've got a really dirty screen or you need new glasses. That or you've seen a completely different video than the 957 angles of the play that I have. Kennison barely touched him - that's assuming he touched him at all, which wasn't proven to my satisfaction in any angle I've seen. Geathers lowered the boom. Period.

And you take satisfaction every time the team loses game. You know you do. It's a societal thing; you're so miserable that you enjoy watching the suffering of others. It's why people watch infotainment "news" like Fox and CNN all day. "My life sucks, but, hey, his is worse!" Now, not Green, I know you don't wish actual injury to him specifically, but you enjoy watching people here upset by it. You love it after we lose, you love watching people panic and squirm. You love gloom and doom. It makes you feel better about yourself.

Either that, or you're like Proctor's little sister, pulling at his little bowtied pigtails asking for a lick of his big round lollypop. It's like he's your idol or something.

Sad.:clap: Nice story, I am confident you have enough self-loathing for both of us, so feel free to project.

Easy 6
09-13-2006, 08:59 PM
5 minutes well spent i would say. Hopefully he'll weave a lil' bit of that spellbinding magic this week !!

Logical
09-13-2006, 09:01 PM
One other point I have not heard anyone talk about, most likely the concussion was from Trent's head/helmet bouncing off the ground and the shock to his neck from that bounce. Yet everyone talks about Geathers shoulder to the chest of Trent. Last I heard of a shoulder to the Chest will not result in a concussion, can someone find some medical literature that will change my opinion on that issue?

OnTheWarpath58
09-13-2006, 09:05 PM
One other point I have not heard anyone talk about, most likely the concussion was from Trent's head/helmet bouncing off the ground and the shock to his neck from that bounce. Yet everyone talks about Geathers shoulder to the chest of Trent. Last I heard of a shoulder to the Chest will not result in a concussion, can someone find some medical literature that will change my opinion on that issue?

http://www.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/tp23365.asp

What is a concussion?

A concussion is a brain injury that is caused by a sudden blow to the head or to the body. The blow shakes the brain inside the skull, which temporarily prevents the brain from working normally.

Some people have obvious symptoms of a concussion (such as passing out or feeling lightheaded), while others do not. With rest, most people fully recover from concussions within a few hours to a few weeks.

On rare occasions, concussions cause more serious problems. Repeated concussions or a severe concussion may require surgery or lead to long-lasting problems with movement, learning, or speaking. Because of the small chance of permanent brain problems, it is important to contact a doctor if you or someone you know has symptoms of a concussion.

What causes a concussion?

Your brain is a soft organ that is surrounded by spinal fluid and protected by your hard skull. Normally, the fluid around your brain acts like a cushion that keeps your brain from banging into your skull. However, if your head or your body is hit unexpectedly hard, your brain can suddenly crash into your skull and temporarily stop working normally.

There are many ways to get a concussion. Some common ways include fights, falls, playground injuries, car crashes, and bike accidents. Concussions can also happen while participating in rough or high-speed sports such as football, boxing, hockey, soccer, skiing, or snowboarding.

Bwana
09-13-2006, 09:09 PM
One other point I have not heard anyone talk about, most likely the concussion was from Trent's head/helmet bouncing off the ground and the shock to his neck from that bounce.

Thanks kind of like saying, "It wasn't the fall from the 50 story building that killed the guy, it was the sudden stop at the bottom."

Logical
http://www.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/tp23365.asp

What is a concussion?

A concussion is a brain injury that is caused by a sudden blow to the head or to the body. The blow shakes the brain inside the skull, which temporarily prevents the brain from working normally.

Some people have obvious symptoms of a concussion (such as passing out or feeling lightheaded), while others do not. With rest, most people fully recover from concussions within a few hours to a few weeks.

On rare occasions, concussions cause more serious problems. Repeated concussions or a severe concussion may require surgery or lead to long-lasting problems with movement, learning, or speaking. Because of the small chance of permanent brain problems, it is important to contact a doctor if you or someone you know has symptoms of a concussion.

What causes a concussion?

Your brain is a soft organ that is surrounded by spinal fluid and protected by your hard skull. Normally, the fluid around your brain acts like a cushion that keeps your brain from banging into your skull. However, if your head or your body is hit unexpectedly hard, your brain can suddenly crash into your skull and temporarily stop working normally.

There are many ways to get a concussion. Some common ways include fights, falls, playground injuries, car crashes, and bike accidents. Concussions can also happen while participating in rough or high-speed sports such as football, boxing, hockey, soccer, skiing, or snowboarding.

Interesting reading, thanks. So I will admit the possibility exists. Now which do you really think caused Trent's concussion his helmet/head bouncing off the ground and the trauma from that, or the blow to the chest?

TrickyNicky
I'm positive the ground caused the blow that knocked him unconcious. The shoulder hit just propelled him to the ground very hard because his head is up slightly and his shoulder catches the bottom of his mask which pushes his head back so that it hits the ground first.

Immaculate
09-13-2006, 09:10 PM
If it was Peyton Manning, They would have hung that guy. PATHETIC!

Logical
09-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks kind of like saying, "It wasn't the fall from the 50 story building that killed the guy, it was the sudden stop at the bottom."

I would say there is a chance the injury would have occured because of the poor way Trent chose to slide would have bounced his head off the turf even without the hit. This is exactly the same way Steve got one of his SF concussions on a slide with no hit. His helmet bounced off the turf on the slide.

Logical
09-13-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm positive the ground caused the blow that knocked him unconcious. The shoulder hit just propelled him to the ground very hard because his head is up slightly and his shoulder catches the bottom of his mask which pushes his head back so that it hits the ground first.That sounds logical. Well stated.

Bwana
09-13-2006, 09:13 PM
I would say there is a chance the injury would have occured because of the poor way Trent chose to slide would have bounced his head off the turf even without the hit. This is exactly the same way Steve got one of his SF concussions on a slide with no hit. His helmet bounced off the turf on the slide.

Be honest, you and meme switched logins right? :hmmm:

OnTheWarpath58
09-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Interesting reading, thanks. So I will admit the possibility exists. Now which do you really think caused Trent's concussion his helmet/head bouncing off the ground and the trauma from that, or the blow to the chest?

I posted in another thread about the 7 diagnosed concussions I've had.....6 from playing football/hockey and 1 from a car accident.

I can only speak from my experience and understanding from the doctors that treated me....

My opinion would be that BOTH hits caused the concussion. One of my concussions came on a blindside hit under the shoulder pads.....landed on my side, my head barely hit the ground. The whiplash effect was violent enough to rattle the brain....obviously, the blow on the turf was more damaging than the actual hit, but I think both were factors.

IMO, Trent was victim to a double whammy.....

Mr. Laz
09-13-2006, 09:16 PM
what caused the concussion doesn't matter.

that he didn't use his helmet to helmet doesn't matter.

he hit a sliding QB ...... period

his knees bent and he was leaning forward for the hit BEFORE any possible contact by eddie kennison.

he didn't pull up .... it should of been a flag, it should of been a fine ... the chiefs should of called a trap block to his side and had brian waters pull and shatter his knee cap.

shoulda, woulda, coulda ....

we played soft and lost

Easy 6
09-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Not real sure what it all means , but methink's green dots good?? Whatever powers that be made those alteration's.......Danka!

stevieray
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
I posted in another thread about the 7 diagnosed concussions I've had.....6 from playing football/hockey and 1 from a car accident.

I can only speak from my experience and understanding from the doctors that treated me....

My opinion would be that BOTH hits caused the concussion. One of my concussions came on a blindside hit under the shoulder pads.....landed on my side, my head barely hit the ground. The whiplash effect was violent enough to rattle the brain....obviously, the blow on the turf was more damaging than the actual hit, but I think both were factors.

IMO, Trent was victim to a double whammy.....

triple whammy...I'd almost bet he was at least partially relaxed, thinking the rule would protect him.

Raiderhader
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM

That would indicate that the Denise account would be sounding much more logical and sane. As we clearly know that is not the case, I believe we can deduce that something much more sinister, not to mention sorrowful, has taken place here.

Logical
09-13-2006, 09:21 PM

Players shoulders hit other players chests all the time, I admit that clearly occurred here. How often do you see a concussion result when that occurs Bwana?

Logical
09-13-2006, 09:23 PM
triple whammy...I'd almost bet he was at least partially relaxed, thinking the rule would protect him.

I don't know but IMO any NFL player should never relax if he is carrying the rock. If Trent relaxed that would place a little of the blame on him. I don't think we should do that.

OnTheWarpath58

Yeah....

Me thinks that if TG thought he was going to get drilled, he'd have slid feet first on his right hip, with his back to Geathers.....and protect his noggin.

Then we'd all be bitching about the lack of a flag and Trent's lacerated kidney......

craneref
If it was Peyton Manning, They would have hung that guy. PATHETIC!

My point exactly, first NO flag for an illegal block in the back, and the referee said that is why they didn't flag Geathers, so then why didn't Kennison get a flag, my guess is because he DIDN'T block in the back. Secondly, they were calling BS fouls all day against Parker for Offensive Pass Interference, but couldn't throw a flag on Geathers hit. Thirdly, when the heck did he magically contort his baody as to not make contact with Green, somebody needs to step away from teh crack pipe, he was leading with his shoulder from the get-go. Usually the league is good about admitting their mistakes, not sure why they are covering their asses on this one. I will NOT respond to anyone who tries to convince me that Kennison forced Geathers into Green. This episode was pathetic from the No Call on the field to the No Guts in the League office. I know you can't do it, but it would be nice if the CHIEFS refused to play another game with that crew they had Sunday. It would really put the League in a bind, they can't really forfeit a game, bad business sense. I have rambled enough, just want to finish with PATHETIC!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Laz
09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
My point exactly, first NO flag for an illegal block in the back, and the referee said that is why they didn't flag Geathers, so then why didn't Kennison get a flag, my guess is because he DIDN'T block in the back. Secondly, they were calling BS fouls all day against Parker for Offensive Pass Interference, but couldn't throw a flag on Geathers hit. Thirdly, when the heck did he magically contort his baody as to not make contact with Green, somebody needs to step away from teh crack pipe, he was leading with his shoulder from the get-go. Usually the league is good about admitting their mistakes, not sure why they are covering their asses on this one. I will NOT respond to anyone who tries to convince me that Kennison forced Geathers into Green. This episode was pathetic from the No Call on the field to the No Guts in the League office. I know you can't do it, but it would be nice if the CHIEFS refused to play another game with that crew they had Sunday. It would really put the League in a bind, they can't really forfeit a game, bad business sense. I have rambled enough, just want to finish with PATHETIC!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!
well said

Logical
09-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Yeah....

Me thinks that if TG thought he was going to get drilled, he'd have slid feet first on his right hip, with his back to Geathers.....and protect his noggin.

Then we'd all be bitching about the lack of a flag and Trent's lacerated kidney......Wow it is hard to find a bright spot in this situation, but I think you just did. That would have been a season ender for Trent.

stevieray
09-13-2006, 09:32 PM
I don't know but IMO any NFL player should never relax if he is carrying the rock. If Trent relaxed that would place a little of the blame on him. I don't think we should do that.

What? trent in no way looked like he was trying to defend himself from an incoming kill shot....All I'm saying is that as fast as he hit the ground, it appears he wasn't expecting that level of impact.

Logical
09-13-2006, 09:37 PM
What? trent in no way looked like he was trying to defend himself from an incoming kill shot....All I'm saying is that as fast as he hit the ground, it appears he wasn't expecting that level of impact.

The statement I quoted suggested he relaxed that is not the same as what you are saying here Stevie.

Skip Towne
09-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Wow it is hard to find a bright spot in this situation, but I think you just did. That would have been a season ender for Trent.
I'll take your word for it. I'm sure you know a lot about renal problems.

OnTheWarpath58
09-13-2006, 09:42 PM
I'll take your word for it. I'm sure you know a lot about renal problems.

ROFL ROFL

stevieray
09-13-2006, 09:44 PM
The statement I quoted suggested he relaxed that is not the same as what you are saying here Stevie.

Jim, jim jim...stop playing semantics... he would've moved at a higher rate of speed if he was relaxed, IMO. And I didn't speak in absolutes...I said I'd almost bet, meaning I'm not totally sure that was the case....

Logical
09-13-2006, 09:45 PM
I'll take your word for it. I'm sure you know a lot about renal problems.OK, I am sure there is no other reason why Kidney punches are illegal in boxing other than the boxing commissioner had kidney failure. Cmon Skip, you are slipping.

PastorMikH
09-13-2006, 09:53 PM
I will consider Mecca a 'real fan" when I see he has moved his annoying over to WPI.

I'll chip in towards his Premium Membership.

Am I the only one on here that is starting to think Mecca is more annoying that gochiefs was when he first came to the BB?

Chiefnj
09-13-2006, 09:56 PM
I'll chip in towards his Premium Membership.

Am I the only one on here that is starting to think Mecca is more annoying that gochiefs was when he first came to the BB?

This place would be a lot more boring without people like Mecca.

Raiderhader
09-13-2006, 09:58 PM
This place would be a lot more boring without people like Mecca.

Agreed. But every so often, boring is not a bad thing...

memyselfI
09-13-2006, 10:01 PM
It was good that you added this to your rant. As a fan I have been accused of desiring Trent was hurt because I saw it like it happened and admitted it. I cannot imagine what would have been heaped on you as an opposition fan without that statement.

I have been accused of the same simply because I pointed out that the NFL had previously not penalized, fined, or suspended Derrick Brooks for his hit that broke the neck and ended the career of a NFL QB just a couple of years ago. That hit was more direct than was the Trent Green hit...

and if the archives worked we'd see a good many folks :deevee: about the hit on Green absolutely absolving Brooks for doing the same thing because the QB was at fault for a similiar late and ineffectual slide.

Raiderhader
09-13-2006, 10:04 PM
I have been accused of the same simply because I pointed out that the NFL had previously not penalized, fined, or suspended Derrick Brooks for his hit that broke the neck and ended the career of a NFL QB just a couple of years ago. That hit was more direct than was the Trent Green hit...

and if the archives worked we'd see a good many folks :deevee: about the hit on Green absolutely absolving Brooks for doing the same thing because the QB was at fault for a similiar late and ineffectual slide.

Ineffectual slide? WTF? Just yesterday you were calling it a head first DIVE. And I don't need the archives to pull those quotes up.

memyselfI
09-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Ineffectual slide? WTF? Just yesterday you were calling it a head first DIVE. And I don't need the archives to pull those quotes up.

Please do. I'd like to see where I used the term dive.

PastorMikH
09-13-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm not surprised by this. I do think the NFL is run by idiots.

I did not know you were affilitated with the NFL!:eek:

:)

PastorMikH
09-13-2006, 10:12 PM

Is this the one you're reffering to for Jamie?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3413087&postcount=48

memyselfI
09-13-2006, 10:19 PM

Must be. Thank you for posting it. He certainly wouldn't show up to post an example of him paraphrasing something incorrectly and changing the context.

Raiderhader
09-13-2006, 10:20 PM

That's the one. I guess she actually said slide, but she should have said dive. If you are going head first, it is a dive.

memyselfI
09-13-2006, 10:21 PM
That's the one. I guess she actually said slide, but she should have said dive. If you are going head first, it is a dive.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Funny, I never saw Greg Louganis do anything remotely resembling what Gannon did... :hmmm:

Raiderhader
09-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Must be. Thank you for posting it. He certainly wouldn't show up to post an example of him paraphrasing something incorrectly and changing the context.

Go f#ck yourself. My reputation around here is to the contrary, and you damn well know it from first hand experience.

memyselfI
09-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Go f#ck yourself. My reputation around here is to the contrary, and you damn well know it from first hand experience.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Even when you were wrong you didn't acknowledge it but insisted I should have said used another word because the wording I used was wrong. So you didn't show up to correct yourself rather when corrected you still didn't acknowledge your mistake.

Raiderhader
09-13-2006, 10:27 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Funny, I never saw Greg Louganis do anything remotely resembling what Gannon did... :hmmm:

You are a f#cking moron.

memyselfI
09-13-2006, 10:28 PM
You are a f#cking moron.

Actually, I think you are doing a rather good job of that yourself right now...

but don't let me be the one to break it to you.

PastorMikH
09-13-2006, 10:32 PM

Uhm, slide - head first is what I saw. How do you slide head first??? She clearly admited that was going to the ground head first. Thus, I rule in your favor.

PastorMikH
09-13-2006, 10:36 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Even when you were wrong you didn't acknowledge it but insisted I should have said used another word because the wording I used was wrong. So you didn't show up to correct yourself rather when corrected you still didn't acknowledge your mistake.

If anything, I'd say he was right. You acknowledged your boy was going to the ground head first, which in the NFL means he's open game.

Now, why don't you run along and make some coffee for the men and let 'em be while they talk about sports. You can do the dishes if you get bored.

Raiderhader
09-13-2006, 10:40 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

WTF are you talking about? "I guess she actually said slide" is not a correction? God, you are stupid. Go back to your raider hole.