PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Footballers: Need Your Advice

CosmicPal
09-13-2006, 02:36 PM
I cannot believe the undeniably bad luck I received with the drafting of my RBs. (It was an automated draft)

I had the first pick overall and ended up with Larry Johnson. That's not the problem though. I also went RB in the second round and somehow ended up with Kevin Jones! The fugger hasn't had a 100-yd rushing game in gawd knows how long.

My third RB is Cedric Benson - which isn't so bad except he's still a damn bench-warmer for Thomas Jones. I believe Benson has better upside than Kevin Jones though.

Before the season started, I dropped my third WR (I have Chambers and Hines Ward as my starters) and ended up picking Wali Lundy off the waiver wire. A good move, but I can't trust the rookie to be an every day back right now.

So, as you can see- I'm *****ed.

The only free agent RBs available that might do me some good are:

Brandon Jacobs

Kevan Barlow

Jerious Norwood (the hot rookie RB in Atlanta who had 77 yds spelling Warrick Dunn and the reason why they departed with TJ Duckett)

or Correll Buckhalter(who's great when he's not hurt)

---Barlow's the only "starter" although he's splitting with Blaylock right now, and most likely won't do anything better than Kevin Jones or Cedric Benson.

---Jacobs is only good for goal-line carries aka TJ Duckett for now, but would obviously take over should an injury ever occur to Tiki Barber

---Same thing applies to Norwood. And unfortunately, Buckhalter wouldn't start until an injury occured to Westbrook.

Speaking of which, Michael Bennett is available as well...

Any ideas??? What the hell should I do? Drop Kevin Jones and pick up one of these guys mentioned and "pray" for a miracle injury to their starting RB? (Anyone but LJ please!)

I'm happy with my WRs, TEs, Ds, and my QB. But, as we all know- you have to have two stud RBs.

This is a money league and I usually make the playoffs each year, if not winning it all. But, this year's crop of RBs for me would never get me to the playoffs. I had LT last year and picked up Larry Johnson immediately for a back-up role in case something happened to Priest- and that worked out tremendously for me. Having LT and LJ rode me right into the championship.

Who's my best opportunity to be this year's LJ???

Thanks....

Otter
09-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Dude, you're going to have to use bullets (as in bullet points)

CosmicPal
09-13-2006, 02:47 PM
I cannot believe the undeniably bad luck I received with the drafting of my RBs. (It was an automated draft)

I had the first pick overall and ended up with Larry Johnson. That's not the problem though. I also went RB in the second round and somehow ended up with Kevin Jones! The fugger hasn't had a 100-yd rushing game in gawd knows how long.

My third RB is Cedric Benson - which isn't so bad except he's still a damn bench-warmer for Thomas Jones. I believe Benson has better upside than Kevin Jones though.

Before the season started, I dropped my third WR (I have Chambers and Hines Ward as my starters) and ended up picking Wali Lundy off the waiver wire. A good move, but I can't trust the rookie to be an every day back right now.

So, as you can see- I'm *****ed.

The only free agent RBs available that might do me some good are:

Brandon Jacobs

Kevan Barlow

Jerious Norwood(the hot rookie RB in Atlanta who had 77 yds spelling Warrick Dunn and the reason why they departed with TJ Duckett)

or Correll Buckhalter(who's great when he's not hurt)

---Barlow's the only "starter" although he's splitting with Blaylock right now, and most likely won't do anything better than Kevin Jones or Cedric Benson.

---Jacobs is only good for goal-line carries aka TJ Duckett for now, but would obviously take over should an injury ever occur to Tiki Barber

---Same thing applies to Norwood. And unfortunately, Buckhalter wouldn't start until an injury occured to Westbrook.

Speaking of which, Michael Bennett is available as well...

Any ideas??? What the hell should I do? Drop Kevin Jones and pick up one of these guys mentioned and "pray" for a miracle injury to their starting RB? (Anyone but LJ please!)

I'm happy with my WRs, TEs, Ds, and my QB. But, as we all know- you have to have two stud RBs.

This is a money league and I usually make the playoffs each year, if not winning it all. But, this year's crop of RBs for me would never get me to the playoffs. I had LT last year and picked up Larry Johnson immediately for a back-up role in case something happened to Priest- and that worked out tremendously for me. Having LT and LJ rode me right into the championship.

Who's my best opportunity to be this year's LJ???

Thanks....

Iowanian
09-13-2006, 03:01 PM
I think i'd stay in stead of hitting the 15 against the dealer's 7 this time.

Your best bet is probably to try to package one of your backs with potential and a WR and trade for a better RB and a downgrade at WR.

Nzoner
09-13-2006, 03:18 PM
I'd stick with Kevin Jones for a bit,don't forget he is in a Mike Martz offense and even though he didn't score this last weekend he was still good for 80 total yards.

As for Brandon Jacobs I like what he brings,as mentioned on the game the other night the G-Men now truly have their thunder and lightning combo,plus he did have 54 yards and a td Sunday night even with Tiki having a big game.

Basileus777
09-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Go with Jacobs, he will get a good number of carries and is used instead of Tiki in goalline situations. He may not get alot of yards, but you can expect him to have a good number of tds, he had 7 last year.

Sure-Oz
09-13-2006, 03:33 PM
I think Jacobs is going to be used more now. He probably is their starter next year to if Tiki retires to pursue business stuff like he has hinted in the past.

wutamess
09-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Don't count on Jones next week against Chicago.