PDA

View Full Version : why is it a crisis

MOhillbilly
09-13-2006, 03:41 PM
year after year.

Just once why cant KC get its shit together enough to be a solid team?

is the front office after all these years truely that inept?

or is it bad luck?

are we cursed????

JBucc
09-13-2006, 03:42 PM
yeah

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Nope... just poorly managed.

hawkchief
09-13-2006, 03:43 PM
The one constant is Carl Peterson.

DMAC
09-13-2006, 03:45 PM
The one constant is Carl Peterson.We sucked before that too ya know. Worse. ie Todd Blackledge.

MOhillbilly
after all these years can you really blame it on carl alone?
i understand Mr. Hunt is a hands off guy. but after the Hunt family is there something more to it?

Hydrae
I have noticed a couple of comments this week about how it really does all go back to Carl and his propensity to bring in his cronies. The constant the last decade and a half is right there. Carl just needs better friends. ;)

Deberg_1990
The one constant is Carl Peterson.

and Lamar Hunt.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:47 PM
We sucked before that too ya know. Worse. ie Todd Blackledge.

Sure did. Jack Steadman was in Carl's place. Results were the same: no playoffs, no SBs.

CP's usefulness as a GM ran its course long ago. Typical of Lamar Hunt, CP has been retained well past his expiration date.

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm still mystified about Carl getting an extension after a losing season. Nothing screams "accountability" like that does...

MOhillbilly
09-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Sure did. Jack Steadman was in Carl's place. Results were the same: no playoffs, no SBs.

CP's usefulness as a GM ran its course long ago. Typical of Lamar Hunt, CP has been retained well past his expiration date.

But Mr. Hunt had us hold on to all those old vets back in the day stuck w/ them and KC went to two SB.

Otter
09-13-2006, 03:52 PM
In my humble opinion;

Carl did a great job of pulling the Chiefs out of the the gutter. Great job actually. Once 5 or 7 years passed they should have moved on.

The NFL is growing faster than the IT field, you need to keep up or you get lost in the undertow.

Chiefs are in the undertow.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:54 PM
In my humble opinion;

Carl did a great job of pulling the Chiefs out of the the gutter. Great job actually. Once 5 or 7 years passed they should have moved on.

The NFL is growing faster than the IT field, you need to keep up or you get lost in the undertow.

Carl did that? Or was it Marty?

I think the latter. Marty left, team went to shit. Marty goes to SD (didn't have time in DC), that team eerily resembles KC: doormat franchise reeinvigorated. Scary part is Marty now has an OC with an aggressive system and he's realized RBbC won't work.

StcChief
09-13-2006, 03:58 PM
In my humble opinion;

Chiefs are in the undertow.

I question that with some of their methods, rules, etc.

The realignment was the most recent big FU.

This non-enforcement of Trent's hit is yet another.

Baby Lee
09-13-2006, 03:59 PM
and Lamar Hunt.
And Arrowhead Stadium, and the shape of the football, and the laws of physics, and ingredients in meatloaf.

Otter
09-13-2006, 03:59 PM

I think the latter. Marty left, team went to shit. Marty goes to SD (didn't have time in DC), that team eerily resembles KC: doormat franchise reeinvigorated. Scary part is Marty now has an OC with an aggressive system and he's realized RBbC won't work.

I think it was both, Marty and Carl. They we're great 10 years ago. It's over now and noboby in KC wants to move on.

KCChiefsFan88
09-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Injuries and shit happen to every team, but the Chiefs seem to be impacted by these things more because of Carl's failure to be proactive rather than simply being reactive and waiting for issues to blow up in his face before taking action.

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 04:04 PM

I think the latter. Marty left, team went to shit. Marty goes to SD (didn't have time in DC), that team eerily resembles KC: doormat franchise reeinvigorated. Scary part is Marty now has an OC with an aggressive system and he's realized RBbC won't work.The team was going to shit before Marty left, and the fact remained that other than the big Montana year, Marty did what he always does: have a team just good enough to get you in, but not good enough to win when you get there. He got by on smoke and mirrors, just like he does now.

Also have to realize the big change in the financial landscape of the game in the middle of the Marty tenure. Which would have impacted both he and Carl. Would Marty have been as successful starting in '99 rather than '89, with all the cap strictures in place and well-established? Because the more the league fell into line, the less successful we've been. It's been enough years to call it a legitimate "trend" now.

hawkchief
09-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Lamar has been loyal to a fault. Carl made Lamar a lot of money, but hasn't produced a winner. Lamar has paid Carl handsomely, but it's time for Carl to move his arrogant butt out of KC, and some real fans like myself will buy season tickets again. Once we get a "real" GM.

Baby Lee
09-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I think it was both, Marty and Carl. They were complete failures 10 years ago. It's over now and noboby in KC wants to move on.
FYP, per CP rules.

Otter
09-13-2006, 04:14 PM
I question that with some of their methods, rules, etc.

The realignment was the most recent big FU.

This non-enforcement of Trent's hit is yet another.

Trent's hit is a drop in the bucket.

Chiefs had their last chance to make a Super Bowl run under Peterson in 2003 and 2004 and they couldn't make it happen.

Good leaders make it happen and leaders like Peterson try and say "whoops". And before someone says he tried via free agency and the draft well guess what, he couln't do it and hasn't been able to do it for 18 ****ing years.

It's too late now.

I have to get home from work, I'll check on this one later.

Calcountry
09-13-2006, 04:29 PM
The one constant is Carl Peterson.2 constants, Lamar and Carl.

Calcountry
09-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Injuries and shit happen to every team, but the Chiefs seem to be impacted by these things more because of Carl's failure to be proactive rather than simply being reactive and waiting for issues to blow up in his face before taking action.The reason that injuries blow up in our face is we have no depth.

No depth at left tackle, no depth at Right Tackle and sadly, no depth at QB.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Lamar has been loyal to a fault. Carl made Lamar a lot of money, but hasn't produced a winner. Lamar has paid Carl handsomely, but it's time for Carl to move his arrogant butt out of KC, and some real fans like myself will buy season tickets again. Once we get a "real" GM.

My personel opinion of this is that Lamar Hunt's passion for having a Superbowl winning team isn't that high atleast not as high as his bottom dollar. He cares that the Chiefs are a profitable business for him and Carl is a major reason for that so he's still here. I don't think he wants to win as bad as alot of other owners do.

Mecca
The reason that injuries blow up in our face is we have no depth.

No depth at left tackle, no depth at Right Tackle and sadly, no depth at QB.

A direct result from drafting poorly.....no depth.

Otter
I'm backing out of this, I'm just frustrated as all of us are I'm sure.

Psyko Tek
09-13-2006, 04:51 PM
And Arrowhead Stadium, and the shape of the football, and the laws of physics, and ingredients in meatloaf.

hey don't **** with arrowhead,
don't wanna be playing in monster.com field @ arrowhead

Nzoner
09-13-2006, 05:17 PM
It's The Kansas City Shuffle

Spott
09-13-2006, 05:36 PM
We are just the Cubs of the NFL.

Calcountry
09-13-2006, 05:57 PM
We are just the Cubs of the NFL.Huge difference between Cubs fans and Chiefs fans. Cubs fans like sucking and blowing it. Chiefs fans nearly die over it.

Calcountry
09-13-2006, 06:00 PM
In fact, Cubs fans have sucked so long, that they don't know any other thing but teh suck. They feel that a friggin goat cursed them for god's sakes, and celebrate teh suck by making up some stupid curse to worship. They blame that guy for interfering with the foul ball for losing that game, heck, there is no guarantee that outfieder would have caught it anyways they suck.

Big difference between Chiefs fans and Cubs fans. When the Chiefs sucked hard in the 70's, hardly anyone went to the games. The Cubs fans sell out game after game, and wallow in teh suckage.

Logical
09-13-2006, 07:19 PM
year after year.

Just once why cant KC get its shit together enough to be a solid team?

is the front office after all these years truely that inept?

or is it bad luck?

are we cursed????Yes

Logical
09-13-2006, 07:21 PM
In fact, Cubs fans have sucked so long, that they don't know any other thing but teh suck. They feel that a friggin goat cursed them for god's sakes, and celebrate teh suck by making up some stupid curse to worship. They blame that guy for interfering with the foul ball for losing that game, heck, there is no guarantee that outfieder would have caught it anyways they suck.

Big difference between Chiefs fans and Cubs fans. When the Chiefs sucked hard in the 70's, hardly anyone went to the games. The Cubs fans sell out game after game, and wallow in teh suckage.

I thought this to even though I was one of those going. But the fact is the Chiefs averaged 54K per game in the 70s, I was amazed when I looked it up.