PDA

View Full Version : Enough worrying about the offense. How does our defense matchup against Denver?

Count Zarth
09-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Obviously, they aren't the Bengals. I don't think they really run anything that's going to take advantage of the Cover 2. Scheffler is a pretty good tight end, but I don't really think Jake has the accuracy to burn us down the middle of the field or in the deep void between the corner and safety.

Jake likes to start down his primary receiver. With the back 7 looking at the quarterback, that's got to work to our advantage.

Count Zarth
09-13-2006, 04:58 PM
I tell you one thing...Leonard Little was dominating George Foster on Sunday. It was so bad that Garcia Bronco dubbed Foster "I-72."

I'm hopeful Hali can beat him around the corner.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I dont know?? ask Eric Hicks.

DenverChief
09-13-2006, 05:15 PM
I tell you one thing...Leonard Little was dominating George Foster on Sunday. It was so bad that Garcia Bronco dubbed Foster "I-72."

I-72?

I-76?
I-70?

Woodrow Call
09-13-2006, 05:37 PM
I think the Chiefs matchup pretty well on D. Surtain, Law, and Walls gives the Chiefs some CBs that can cover for a little bit longer while Plummer dances around. If Page starts in place of Knight I like our chances even better.

The key as always is the DL. If Reed get some push of the middle, Edwards occupies a blocker or 2 so the LBs can roam free and if Hali and Allen play smart on the ends the Chiefs should be able to slow down the running game and the bootleg.

LBs just need to focus on their assignments. They have the speed and the talent to be the deciding factor. This is the game DJ and Kawika must play on an elite level.

IMO the key Plummer. If he gets rattled he will crap down his leg and blow the game. He is under a ton of pressure right now. I would almost be tempted to have a LB(maybe Bell or Fox) serve as a spy much like some teams use against Vick. If the Chiefs can keep Denver to 20 pts or less maybe they can pull it off.

Arrowhead Pride
09-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Tamba Hali is probably with a "glue" issue. Check it out at <a href="http://www.arrowheadpride.com">Arrowhead Pride</a>.

Arrowhead Pride
09-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Sorry, glute issue.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Nothing like a torn ass. At least Hali got it on the field, whereas Hicks probably got it in a bathhouse.

LocoChiefsFan
09-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Nothing like a torn ass. At least Hali got it on the field, whereas Hicks probably got it in a bathhouse.
ROFL

Logical
09-13-2006, 07:24 PM
You must be joking, our defense teh sucks against the Denver offense and always has matchup wise. We won against Denver when we did because of the offense.

Adept Havelock
09-13-2006, 07:29 PM

He'll need a few drinks behind the wheel first.

Oh, you meant Foster....

Adept Havelock
09-13-2006, 07:30 PM
You must be joking, our defense teh sucks against the Denver offense and always has matchup wise. We won against Denver when we did because of the offense.

Yeah, those stellar Offenses that Cunningham as HC put on the field were a thing to fear.

4th and Long
09-13-2006, 07:36 PM
We just need a little Sunday magic. I'm hoping Plummer helps us out as much as he did St. Louis. :)

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah, those stellar Offenses that Cunningham as HC put on the field were a thing to fear.Paging Father Francis John Patrick Mulcahy.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 07:44 PM
It all depends on Tamba Hali. If he stays at home, the system of breaking the field in half and running misdirection won't work nearly as well...

That being said, I'm not real confident. This is a HUGE test for this defense, on what is as close to an impossible stage as there is in the NFL...

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 07:46 PM

Yep.

Until we prove otherwise, there no reason to believe we'll even make it close at Invseco.

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Let's send the donkeys a homemade batch of Ex-Lax Brownies on Saturday.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2006, 08:13 PM

How do you explain 1999-2000? When we won 4 staight against them?? I have no idea how that happened??

stevieray
09-13-2006, 08:24 PM

not so. defense stopped them on fourth and one last year. the game was in their hands, and they were victorious.

Logical
09-13-2006, 08:26 PM
How do you explain 1999-2000? When we won 4 staight against them?? I have no idea how that happened??
Dude is a single defender from those teams on this defense? This has to be the most irrelevant comment possible.

Logical
09-13-2006, 08:27 PM
not so. defense stopped them on fourth and one last year. the game was in their hands, and they were victorious.Remind me what was the final score of that defensive slugfest Stevie?

Miles
09-13-2006, 08:29 PM
I-72?

I-76?
I-70?

Yeah the nickname would be lot better if his number were one of the other two.

Count Zarth
09-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Who cares?

We won the game because of the defense. Stevie is right.

How many points did the Chiefs offense score in the second half of that game?

Logical
09-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Yeah the nickname would be lot better if his number were one of the other two.Not sure why I 76 is anybetter. I understand I 70 goes through Denver.

Logical
09-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Who cares?

We won the game because of the defense. Stevie is right.

How many points did the Chiefs offense score in the second half of that game?

Because the Defense did not win, they held the win at the last minute. Without a lot of offense which we will not get this weekend we will lose. The chances of winning are slim to none to start with in Denver and became pretty much non-existent when Trent went down.

stevieray
09-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Remind me what was the final score of that defensive slugfest Stevie?

who said it was a defensive slugfest, other than you?

stevieray
09-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Because the Defense did not win, they held the win at the last minute.

Exactly. I bet only the offense could claim the win afterwards in the lockerroom.

Me thinks Jim is trolling... :)

Count Zarth
09-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Because the Defense did not win, they held the win at the last minute. Without a lot of offense which we will not get this weekend we will lose.

Who said we would need 31 points?

Do you really think this defense isn't improved?

Logical
09-13-2006, 08:47 PM

Do you really think this defense isn't improved?Not against this matchup I don't.

Logical
09-13-2006, 08:49 PM

Do you really think this defense isn't improved?

Actually if you read my prediction you would know I believe we will need 35 points to win because I believe Denver is going to score 34. That info is in my Official Denver Score Prediction thread.

Count Zarth
09-13-2006, 08:52 PM
LOL.

34 freakin' points.

The bad matchup was last week. We match up very well against Denver.

CupidStunt
09-13-2006, 09:07 PM
We don't.

That said, they hung *only* 30 on a worse defense last year.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Dude is a single defender from those teams on this defense? This has to be the most irrelevant comment possible.

Ironically....Eric Hicks.

OnTheWarpath58
09-13-2006, 09:10 PM
LOL.

34 freakin' points.

The bad matchup was last week. We match up very well against Denver.

We match up so well we gave up 30 at Invesco and 27 in Arrowhead last year.....

I'll agree that we match up better than in past seasons, but to say we match up "very well" is a bit overboard.....

Count Zarth
09-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Last year we didn't have Tamba Hali, Ty Law, Keyaron Fox, Jarrad Page, James Reed or Lenny Walls.

Not to mention a defensive coach who can tell his ass from his elbows.

Chiefnj
09-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Last year we didn't have Tamba Hali, Ty Law, Keyaron Fox, Jarrad Page, James Reed or Lenny Walls.

Not to mention a defensive coach who can tell his ass from his elbows.

Does that defensive coach know a no huddle from a bootleg? It didn't look like he was prepared for the former in week one when everyone knew it was coming.

OnTheWarpath58
09-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Again.....

I think we match up better than in past years. But:

Adding players means squat. Last year is a fine example.

And while I like Herm, Buddy Ryan in his prime could be coaching this defense. The players still have to execute on the field. Which they have a tendency NOT to do consistently when playing in Denver.

Here's hoping they do.....