PDA

View Full Version : Elvis has Carl's nuts over a barrell!!

Clint in Wichita
12-26-2000, 04:19 PM
If I were Elvis & I didn't have a particularly strong desire to stay in K.C., I'd tell Carl to give me my bonus or I'm walking ("test" the free agent market).

Then Carl has to cough up Elvis' bonus & destroy KC's salary cap, or lose both Gannon AND Grbac in a 2 year span!

I'd love to see EG give Carl the shaft - with no Vaseline!!

Iowanian
12-26-2000, 04:29 PM
that would be just wonderful for us, the fans wouldn't it clint.

Cannibal
12-26-2000, 04:33 PM
I don't think Grbac will do that. But YOU WATCH... if he does try and do that, and by some miracle does sign a huge deal with another team, all these "Grbackers" will instantly become "Grbashers".

They'll start saying he really wasn't that good anyway. He never came through in the clutch. We're better off without him. He had a strong arm, but was inconsistant and inaccurate. YADA YADA YADA!

They did it with Gannon and Horn and they'll do it with Girlbac.

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 12-26-2000).]

Clint in Wichita
12-26-2000, 04:42 PM
Iowanian,

It wouldn't be any worse for the team than signing EG to a huge extension...it might actually be quite nice to free up 20 million cap dollars all at once.

stevieray
12-26-2000, 04:43 PM
One thing for sure, the door is wide open for anything to happen. Are we going to become the Bengals?

Grbac a SeaChicken? In a brand new stadium with Holmy...?

[This message has been edited by stevieray (edited 12-26-2000).]

Clint in Wichita
12-26-2000, 04:44 PM
Nah, we won't become like the Bengals. They don't fill enough seats.

Clint in Wichita
12-26-2000, 04:45 PM
Just once, I'd like to see Carl wriggling like a worm on a hook...in public.

stevieray
12-26-2000, 04:47 PM
If he does lose Grbac AND gannon, he'll be wiggling in private, too.

kcchiefszoo
12-26-2000, 06:50 PM
Tell you what, everyone smacking Elvis around, how would you fell if his wife likes the weather in Tampa Bay? I would not blame him for going, as a matter of fact he would be smart to get out. He looks good now doesnt he??

PostalChief
12-26-2000, 08:03 PM
Would Cleveland still be an option for him considering their QB situation? Wasn't it Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark who were instrumental in bringing him to the 49ers?

Packfan
12-26-2000, 09:39 PM
Postal,

Cleveland?? C'mon, start following the rest of the league, please. They drafted tim couch #1 and gave him a ton of money. They are not in a position to do it twice. Plus they are committed to Couch.

Cannibal,

I can name a few more other than Gannon and Horn: Marty, Paul Hackett, Neil Smith, Harvey Williams, Greg Hill. Only when these guys left, the team got worse. Chief fans loved them when they were here, thought they were garbage as soon as they left.

There are a lot of BAD quarterbacks out there. I think Carl is going to panic and give Grbac what he wants. I just cant see paying a 7-9, 30 year old QB, who still cant manage a two minute drill, Brett Favre type money. That isnt very bright. The Cheifs are already in a cap nightmare thanks to the shrewd signings of Chester McCancer, Lew Bush, Carlton Gray, Dan Williams, and Duane Clemons. Resigning Grbac only postpones solving the cap problem. Carl will probably structure the deal so Grbac will still be on the books when he is in his 40's. Just remember, Tony Gonzalez is set to break the bank next year.

TEX
12-26-2000, 11:04 PM
packfan,
Please explain how the Chiefs are in any kind of trouble with regards to Duane Clemmens. Clemmens played good this year and showed a lot of promise before ha got hurt. He was also signed to only a 1 year deal and if I'm not mistaken, the Chiefs must sign him again before next season. Am I wrong here? Now I totally AGREE with others on your list. However, Clemmons does NOT belong in that list IMHO.

Archie F. Swin
12-26-2000, 11:16 PM
what ever happened to Greg Hill? . . just curious

------------------
Pants
Texas

Frazod
12-26-2000, 11:35 PM
As far as the people Ken mentioned: I always liked and still respect Gannon. I just wish he hadn't went to Oakland. No hard feelings toward Horn. I was fed up with Marty after the 97 playoff debacle. Never cared for Paul Hackett, Harvey Williams, or Greg Hill. Until the home run swing, I still respected Smith. Now he's my own personal Benedict Arnold. I don't believe losing anyone on this list hurt us.

Losing Elvis WOULD hurt us. You cannot blame him for this season. God awful defense and no running game killed us this year. Hope he renegotiates (my gut feeling is that he will) - it would be a tragedy if he left now.

I'd take Elvis over Gannon any day of the week.

NaptownChief
12-27-2000, 08:22 AM
I don't really have much desired to rebuild with a young QB, but if we lost EG would we win any less playoff games without him? Bottom line is that if you are going to suck and not make the playoffs it is better to really suck so that the draft helps you rebuild that much faster...I would rather be losing with an affordable QB than losing all the while paying $10 mill a year for someone to stand behind center.

PostalChief
12-27-2000, 08:31 AM
Once again Ken's acidic personality shines through. Grbac has stated that he wouldn't mind going to Cleveland, even if it is in a back-up role.

Packfan
12-27-2000, 08:41 AM
jl80,

Well said. Why pay your QB 10 mill when all he can do is help your team stay mediocre? Grbac may be washed up by the time the Chiefs are ready to challenge.

Postal,

He talked about going to Cleveland as a backup right after he had another crap season. He wouldnt have cost as much then and would have accepted a backup role (part of the reason I think this guy is a loser). Now, after putting up career numbers this year, he is going to cost a hell of a lot more. Times are different now for Grbac. He is coming off a career year and will get top dollar. I hate having to explain simple football to you. Cleveland has there starting QB. Like I said, pay attention to whats going on in the rest of the league.

NaptownChief
12-27-2000, 08:41 AM
Elvis is from the Cleveland area so that would only make sense...At this point I say don't let the door hit you in the a$$. He is a very solid QB but he has proven time and time again that he does not have any of the intangibles that make great QB's great...He could QB a team to a SB ring but only in the same fashion that a Mark Rypien did...He needs a very good system around him.

PostalChief
12-27-2000, 09:07 AM
It also depends on Couch's injury. Was it the finger/thumb? on his throwing hand? And has our resident QB expert (Ken) ever tried to throw a football after recovering from a broken finger?

Clint in Wichita
12-27-2000, 09:12 AM
A broken finger? That's nothing.

If Elvis were to go to Cleveland for some crazy reason, it would be to back up Couch.

Iowanian
12-27-2000, 09:17 AM
have any of you saying a "broken finger is nothing" ever broken one?

I have on more than one occasion...trying to turn a doorknob or hold a pop bottle tight enough to unscrew the cap can be a challenge...and i don't exaclty think i'd be considered a "weiner" by people who know.

Some of those "little" injuries can still cause ligament and tendon damage...and can be more trouble than a bigger one...I've been told by a doc that a sprain can be physically worse than a break, both pain and rehab wise.

Baby Lee
12-27-2000, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR> I can name a few more other than Gannon and Horn: Marty, Paul Hackett, Neil Smith, Harvey Williams, Greg Hill. Only when these guys left, the team got worse. Chief fans loved them when they were here, thought they were garbage as soon as they left. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gannon - like him, don't think he's a saint, do believe Grbac is better choice for Chiefs.
Horn - surprised he had as good a year as he has, ambivalent about his leaving, he woulda had a hard time folding into the mix w/Alexander, Gonzalez, Lockett, and Morris.
Marty - Miss him, never a bad word from me.
Hackett - sucked here, sucked at USC
Neil Smith - sad when he left, but realized at the money he was commanding it was the right choice. Age caught up with him, but not before 2 SB rings.
Harvey - decent, servicable runner who got caught up in the mix with a coupla poor Raiders team and burnt out. First to fall at the alter of Marcus Allen [not that it was a bad sacrifice]
Hill - good runner, bad luck. Stuck behind Allen and under-utilized. Had a good chance to rebound with the Rams [2-100 yard games right out of the gate] when he broke his leg. Remember him wistfully, never a harsh word from me.

[This message has been edited by JC-Johnny (edited 12-27-2000).]

morphius
12-27-2000, 09:46 AM
Packfan - The fans were calling for Hacketts head and he left, not he left and then the fans attacked him. What is it with the Clemmons comment, that makes no sense. Maybe it is the same logic that lead you to say that DA and Hasty were bad pickups.

PostalChief
12-27-2000, 09:46 AM
For that matter, has Ken ever put on the pads and played the game? I'm envisioning the short fat kid who played guard and is told by the coach "hey, just stand out there and try not to get hurt, okay?"<BR>

NaptownChief
12-27-2000, 09:51 AM
JC,

I completely agree with you on Greg Hill...When he was given the chance he made some things happen, he was never utilized cause the coaches for some crazy reason still had visions of a 25 year old Marcus Allen despite the fact that he was something like 52 and slow as mud...

Packfan
12-27-2000, 04:33 PM
jl80,

I totally agree with you regarding Hill. Not that he was Barry Sanders, but many times he would be the one who would get the offense down to the goal line only to come out and let Marcus Allen come in to pad his TD stats. <P>

Clint in Wichita
12-27-2000, 04:41 PM
If Greg Hill didn't totally suck, he'd be on a roster right now.

Clint in Wichita
12-27-2000, 04:43 PM
JC Johnny,

If they had kept Horn, Morris wouldn't have been drafted, IMO.

Baby Lee
12-27-2000, 04:51 PM
I goota disagree. Morris foregone for whom? Notwithstanding the late season fade, show me a guy within 20-25 picks who makes more sense than he does?

TheFly
12-27-2000, 04:53 PM
But who has Gun's nuts over a barrel? And does Gun have any to have over a barrel? And who has ever seen Gun goe crackers over a barrel? And I'd rather have Wine with crackers over a barrel, thank you.
:eek:<BR>

Baby Lee
12-27-2000, 04:54 PM
Have you ever tried the pork chops at Cracker Barrel?