PDA

View Full Version : Lets put in Brodie Croyle for at least a Quarter this Week

Arrowhead Pride
09-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Damon Huard was rushed, frantic and above all lucky last week when he replaced Trent Green. His stats were pretty good actually. Still, I think he was pushing the envelope too many times and basically lucked out. Throw Croyle in for a bit, just to see what happens.

Hoover
09-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Sure if we are getting blown out. otherwise no.

OnTheWarpath58
09-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Throw Croyle in for a bit, just to see what happens.

How many bones are in the human body?

Are we trying to set a record by breaking them all at once?

Please let Huard take the beating. Then Printers can come in and run for his life.

I'd like to see our QBOTF actually play in the future.......

4th and Long
09-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Damon Huard was rushed, frantic and above all lucky last week when he replaced Trent Green. His stats were pretty good actually. Still, I think he was pushing the envelope too many times and basically lucked out. Throw Croyle in for a bit, just to see what happens.
What a great idea! Hey, while we're at it, let's move Dante to corner back. He's fast and can surely cover almost anyone, you know, just to see what happens.

ChiefsLV
09-13-2006, 08:54 PM
My guess is Huard plays so shitty this week, they pull him in favor of the rookie.

OnTheWarpath58
09-13-2006, 08:55 PM
My vote:

Move Jordan Black, Ryan Sims and Eric Hicks to the bench for the entire game.....

Just to see what happens.....

OldTownChief
09-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Stupid Idea Award.

4th and Long
09-13-2006, 08:56 PM
My vote:

Move Ryan Sims and Eric Hicks to the bench for the entire game.....

Just to see what happens.....
You forgot Jordan Black. :D

Miles
Umm pass.

4th and Long
Stupid Idea Award.
LMAO

OnTheWarpath58
You forgot Jordan Black. :D

I was editing as you were posting....
:p

4th and Long
09-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I was editing as you were posting....
:p
I hope you don't expect me to delete my post because you edited. :p

OnTheWarpath58
09-13-2006, 08:59 PM
I hope you don't expect me to delete my post because you edited. :p

Naw....you're good.....

Love the new sig.....nice work.

PRIEST
09-13-2006, 09:01 PM
How many bones are in the human body?

Are we trying to set a record by breaking them all at once?

Please let Huard take the beating. Then Printers can come in and run for his life.

I'd like to see our QBOTF actually play in the future.......

Ding Ding We have Winner
:clap:

DaFace
09-13-2006, 09:01 PM
I'd love to see Croyle play, but I don't think throwing him in against Denver is probably his best way to get him started. If it looks like Green's out for the long haul for some reason, then I'd say it's rebuilding time and time for Croyle. Otherwise, Huard (sadly) is our best bet.

Arrowhead Pride
09-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Is it really that far fetched? And does anyone seriously favor Casey Printers over Brodie Croyle?? You need to be able to throw the ball to be an NFL QB.

DaFace
09-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Is it really that far fetched? And does anyone seriously favor Casey Printers over Brodie Croyle?? You need to be able to throw the ball to be an NFL QB.

I wouldn't call it a STUPID idea, but it's certainly not a good one in this situation.

SPchief
09-13-2006, 09:06 PM

Ummm, thats not even related to the issue thats being discussed right now.

OnTheWarpath58
09-13-2006, 09:07 PM

It's a great idea if we have last season's OL......

JBucc
09-13-2006, 09:12 PM
We may not have a choice when Huard can't remember how to play QB. Or even worse if he gets injured or something.

redngold85
09-13-2006, 10:40 PM
I would like to see Brodie Croyle play too, because I think he's the next QB for KC and I'm interested to see what he could do...but to draw from a previous poster, I'd rather see our future QB ACTUALLY PLAY in the future

StcChief
09-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Croyle plays if Cuntler comes in first with Hali/Allen getting at him.....

then we change our mind and bring in Printers....

Rausch
09-13-2006, 10:52 PM
We may not have a choice when Huard can't remember how to play QB. Or even worse if he gets injured or something.

We only play the Bengals once a year...

Logical
09-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Playing Croyle in anything but an emergency is a horrible idea and a good way to get a frail newcomer killed with this o-line.

TinyEvel
09-14-2006, 12:06 AM
I like your "just for sh!ts and giggles" coaching style.

are you the guy who goes to Vegas and drops a c-note on double zero at the roulette wheel?

How about we just fill the endzone with corn cobs, cover the ball with velcro, and have Weigman snap it onto a pig. Then the donk D can scramble all ove rthe field trying to ger our quarterpig while the Benny Hill theme song plays.
You know, just for sh!ts and giggles.

Welcome to the board.

OnTheWarpath58
09-14-2006, 12:07 AM
I like your "just for sh!ts and giggles" coaching style.

are you the guy who goes to Vegas and drops a c-note on double zero at the roulette wheel?

How about we just fill the endzone with corn cobs, cover the ball with velcro, and have Weigman snap it onto a pig. Then the donk D can scramble all ove rthe field trying to ger our quarterpig while the Benny Hill theme song plays.
You know, just for sh!ts and giggles.

Welcome to the board.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2006, 12:24 AM
I'd say it's rebuilding time and time for Croyle. Otherwise, Huard (sadly) is our best bet.

Bad idea with this O-line and his history of injuries one could destroy is confidence and his wellbeing physically. Until we get an O-line that's at least above average then yes, but currently it looks like Jordan Black is audtioning/practicing for another job such as Goofy at the Walt Disney theme parks,a matador, or he's in the closet and when he whiffs at on oncoming blown up l so he can check the opponents while dawning a creepy smile

jspchief
09-14-2006, 07:01 AM
I love all these responses about Croyle as if he's made of f*cking glass or something. The kid just played an entire season at Alabama behind an O-line that let him get murdered.

He doesn't have a degenerative bone disease. He's just thin. and A year or two in the NFL isn't going to magically make him any more durable than he is now. Sure some muscle might help, but it's not like his bones will get stronger or something.

You don't spend a 3rd round pick on a guy that gives you nothing. If the team needs a spark, then put Croyle in there. It may not be in line with the original plan for his development, but in the NFL things don't always go according to plan. If he gives you a chance to win, play him. To suggest otherwise is to choose losing over playing him.

boogblaster
09-14-2006, 07:19 AM
Put the kid in let him play..Huard is a turd..

Pneuma
09-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Damn, some people have little faith in Croyle. I feel fairly confident in him. I hate to say this but Croyle was throwing to Tony G. more then even Trent. I honestly believe Croyle can do the job as long as he remembers to cover the ball when moving up in the pocket while under pressure.

Also did you guys know that Croyle is 5-1 when starting?

NJ Chief Fan
09-14-2006, 07:46 AM
i would consider him in some mop up duty, he is going to need to get some experience for next year, but i still think hes to small, and needs to bulk up. taking a beating in college isnt the same thing as taking a beating in the NFL. he has a history of being injured from taking beatings in college and sitting on the bench and learning right now is the best thing for him. his time will come

runnercyclist
09-14-2006, 08:07 AM
I like the Casey Printers run for your life idea.

Skip Towne
09-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Damn, some people have little faith in Croyle. I feel fairly confident in him. I hate to say this but Croyle was throwing to Tony G. more then even Trent. I honestly believe Croyle can do the job as long as he remembers to cover the ball when moving up in the pocket while under pressure.

???

DaFace
09-14-2006, 08:55 AM

Croyle and Huard are different people, by the way.

NJ Chief Fan
09-14-2006, 08:57 AM

wow just wow :clap:

Iowanian
09-14-2006, 09:00 AM
I say this.

With Green out, I'm not completely against seeing Croyle play.

That said, AT DENVER is NOT the place to put a rookie in for his first live NFL game. Remember Ryan Leaf at Arrowhead?

I'd much rather see his first snaps taken in a place and time with a relatively decent chance at success....at home, or in cleanup duty in a Chiefs Blowout.

Also...you don't just "throw a QB in for the hell of it". You've been playing too much Madden and are probably in Jr High. It depends on the game situation as much as anything.

BTW....Brodie Croyle, our 3rd round draft pick, has never taken a live snap in a regular season NFL game. Damon Huard played last week, and is 5-1 as a starter.

They're not the same guy.

Brock
09-14-2006, 09:06 AM

I don't know wtf you mean by that.

DaFace
09-14-2006, 09:07 AM
I don't know wtf you mean by that.

He got Croyle and Huard mixed up. Huard went 5-1 when he started for the Dolphins back in 99-00.

Coogs
09-14-2006, 10:35 AM
You don't spend a 3rd round pick on a guy that gives you nothing. If the team needs a spark, then put Croyle in there. It may not be in line with the original plan for his development, but in the NFL things don't always go according to plan. If he gives you a chance to win, play him. To suggest otherwise is to choose losing over playing him.

:clap:

We all better hope Croyle pans out to be our QBOTF. Some younger QB's have done fine playing on veteran teams the past few years when thrust into the starting lineup early in their careers. Rothlisberger, Eli, Brady to name a few.

While I agree Denver may not be the best place for Croyle to get his start, I hope he gets a chance to play this season if Green is out for an extended period of time.