Black 4.5
Turley 0
Shields 1.5
Wiegmann 1
Waters 0

Shields at left tackle? Nah.

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Black got a whole season of work into one game.

Count Alex's Wins
09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Good god. Black gave up 8 last year. He's on pace to shatter that abysmal performance.

Count Alex's Wins
09-13-2006, 09:28 PM
I just finished downloading the game. Probably time to do a little video breakdown of Black's horrid play.

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 09:29 PM
I just finished downloading the game. Probably time to do a little video breakdown of Black's horrid play.Hope you weren't planning on sleeping anytime soon.

Frazod
09-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Jordan Sack should NEVER set foot on the field again.

Not for us, anyway.

CupidStunt
09-13-2006, 09:30 PM
I'd say that Justin Smith is a lot better than Denver's DEs, but I don't know that he is. He's better, but probably not by all that much.

So it'll be interesting to see how much better Sampson fares at right tackle, if at all. He'll have some things in his favor, I think (more adjustments), but then again, he'll be on the road with 70,000 cheering their asses off, so I guess it all balances out.

JBucc
09-13-2006, 09:31 PM
I wonder what the record is for one game. Anybody?

Count Alex's Wins
09-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Jordan Sack should NEVER set foot on the field again.

Not for us, anyway.

He's fine at guard. Seriously. We need to STOP PLAYING HIM AT TACKLE.

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 09:32 PM
I'd say that Justin Smith is a lot better than Denver's DEs, but I don't know that he is. He's better, but probably not by all that much.Well, considering the fact that he had 6 sacks all of last year, has never had more than 8.5 in a season, yet had 3 on Sunday...

Ouch.

Maybe it was like Vonnie Holliday (that right?) for KC against the Chargers a few years back.

Fish
09-13-2006, 09:33 PM

I hope your kidding...........

58 had 7.......

bishop_74
09-13-2006, 09:35 PM
I'd say that Justin Smith is a lot better than Denver's DEs, but I don't know that he is. He's better, but probably not by all that much.

So it'll be interesting to see how much better Sampson fares at right tackle, if at all. He'll have some things in his favor, I think (more adjustments), but then again, he'll be on the road with 70,000 cheering their asses off, so I guess it all balances out.

Did I miss something? Is Sampson for sure starting, or are you just assuming because of Blacks "performance"?

JBucc
09-13-2006, 09:37 PM
I hope your kidding...........

58 had 7.......Sacks allowed dummy

OnTheWarpath58
09-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Anyone notice a trend here.....

Weigmann-Shields-Black.

The entire right side of the line. Nice to see JB bringing everyone down...

I also wonder how many of Will's COULD have been attributed to Black.....

At least they're not coming from the blindside.....

Logical
09-13-2006, 09:42 PM

Chiefs or anyone? I know that whoever was opposite the sack record holders probably would be the name you were looking for, so probably someone who faced DT or LT or Michael Strahan. But who has given up the most for the Chiefs in a single game I would think played in the 70s

Fish
09-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Sacks allowed dummy

Good grief.... that's twice today..... sorry....

I'm gonna shut the hell up now....

CupidStunt
09-13-2006, 10:04 PM

Weigmann-Shields-Black.

I'd probably not look to cut Shields much slack, personally. Much as I love the guy, he's really slipped the last 17 games.

I wonder how many of Black's 4.5 could be attributed, at least in part, to Shields? Pressure wasn't always coming off the edge; there was constant interior pressure, too.

Chiefnj
09-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Justin Smith is the RDE. He played most of the game going against Turley, but the Bengals made adjustments and did move him some to the left. Geathers is the backup RDE and they had him playing LDE a lot. The starting LDE is a DT/DE hybrid type guy better against the run. Lewis wasn't getting the necessary pressure in the 1st quarter so the Bengals made the adjustments.

Last year Cincy's front 4 was as bad as the Chiefs were.

Rain Man
09-14-2006, 07:08 AM

I think Andy Heck gave up all seven of DT's sacks against Seattle. DT always lined up in the same place back then.

Hog Farmer
09-14-2006, 08:54 AM
I'd probably not look to cut Shields much slack, personally. Much as I love the guy, he's really slipped the last 17 games.

I wonder how many of Black's 4.5 could be attributed, at least in part, to Shields? Pressure wasn't always coming off the edge; there was constant interior pressure, too.

You got that wrong, How many of Shields 1.5 could be attributed to Black?

Hog Farmer
09-14-2006, 08:55 AM

Weigmann-Shields-Black.

NICE SIG :loser:

StcChief
09-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Back to the need for a real database of infomation.

htismaqe
09-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Did I miss something? Is Sampson for sure starting, or are you just assuming because of Blacks "performance"?

Sampson was slated to start but couldn't go due to injury. Svitek was going to start in his place, but apparently was benched for committing a penalty in practice.

So if Sampson is healthy (a HUGE if, IMO) he will start.

htismaqe
09-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Justin Smith is the RDE. He played most of the game going against Turley, but the Bengals made adjustments and did move him some to the left. Geathers is the backup RDE and they had him playing LDE a lot. The starting LDE is a DT/DE hybrid type guy better against the run. Lewis wasn't getting the necessary pressure in the 1st quarter so the Bengals made the adjustments.

Last year Cincy's front 4 was as bad as the Chiefs were.

I went back and watched the game again after having to endure Mecca's "Turley got tossed all over the field like a rag doll by Smith" comments.

Smith played more than 50% of the snaps right across from Black.

tiptap
09-14-2006, 09:32 AM
So here is the question? We have stats on the pass protection and reading Whitlock article we are no longer the pass happy offense. Do we have a line capable of bulling the run game. You know the old Dallas offense where you run between tackles again and again and take your shots down the field. Is this line capable of that.

Kyle401
09-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks for posting. Anyone who thinks that the sacks alloted to Black are are a result of Shields' poor play is crazy. Black was getting tossed like a rag doll out there. I would be willing to bet that Shields was credited with 3, 1/2 sacks.

htismaqe
09-14-2006, 10:34 AM
So here is the question? We have stats on the pass protection and reading Whitlock article we are no longer the pass happy offense. Do we have a line capable of bulling the run game. You know the old Dallas offense where you run between tackles again and again and take your shots down the field. Is this line capable of that.

With Black, no.

Without Black, yeah, I think so.