PDA

View Full Version : If only history could repeat itself

Nzoner
09-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Okay I'm the first one to admit that at this point I'm looking for something,anything to make me believe KC has a shot leaving Denver at 1-1 heading into the bye.

So I'm thinking to myself the last time Trent went down to a nasty injury a guy by the name of Warner stepped in and the rest is history.

Now before you piss in my cornflakes and point out the obvious that we don't have a Warner Torry Holt or Issac Bruce we do have a Marshall Faulk type back that given the time and opportunity could literally take this team on his back.

So even though it may sound crazy as hell I'm going to dream until the fat lady sings on Sunday that this team will rally together and find something within to go out and win for the Gipper er Trent.

Okay,piss away if you must.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2006, 08:45 PM
If we won the Super Bowl with Huard, I would be completely vindicated. :)

CHENZ A!
09-13-2006, 08:45 PM
I may be one of the few, but I like the positive thinking. It will take a huge game from LJ, and a huge game from our D, but it IS possible.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2006, 08:48 PM
I like your optimism, but I think we'd all be pleasantly surprised if Huard won ANY game as the starter......

Might as well get it out of the way early......

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2006, 08:50 PM
If we did that I would be happy but sad for Trent.

CHENZ A!
09-13-2006, 08:52 PM
I like your optimism, but I think we'd all be pleasantly surprised if Huard won ANY game as the starter......

Might as well get it out of the way early......

would you really be surprised if we beat the 'Niners at home wk 4?

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2006, 09:00 PM
would you really be surprised if we beat the 'Niners at home wk 4?

Until the OL shows they can block SOMEBODY, I wouldn't be shocked.

Bryant Young v. Sampson/Black.

After that, Arizona with Okeafor, Dockett and Bertrand Berry.....

CHENZ A!
09-13-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm definetly not saying we are a lock to beat SF or anything close to it, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we beat them, even with Huard starting.

PastorMikH
09-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Good point Nzoner. So far, 100% of the time Trent gets seriously injured, the backup QB has taken the team to the SB and been named MVP.

I'd still rather have Trent back though.

DMAC
09-13-2006, 09:17 PM
I would like to read a Rams forum in 99 right before Warner came in.

That would be very interesting.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm definetly not saying we are a lock to beat SF or anything close to it, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we beat them, even with Huard starting.

And I don't think it's a lock to lose to SF, but wouldn't be shocked if we did.

I think this favorable schedule looks a lot uglier with TG out.

Not one game on the schedule you could guarantee a win if Huard/Croyle/Printers is starting, IMO.....

Hopefully, as the season progresses, the OL becomes a cohesive unit, and the QB position gains some experience/confidence.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2006, 09:23 PM
I would like to read a Rams forum in 99 right before Warner came in.

That would be very interesting.

I wasnt on any Forums back then, but i lived in St Louis at the time. Everyone, and i mean everyone thought their season was dead. It was Vermeils 3rd season and he was on thin ice already having only won 8 or 9 games in 2 years before that. Nobody expected anything from Warner. Kurt Warners season that year, is one of the most remarkable things ive ever seen in football.

stevieray
09-13-2006, 09:23 PM
This game will definitely tell us how Herm's team reacts to adversity.

Overall, I think the team is more balanced, at least mentally, so it will be interesting to see how they play.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2006, 09:29 PM

Overall, I think the team is more balanced, at least mentally, so it will be interesting to see how they play.

Well to Herms credit, the Jets struggled at times in the 2001, 2002 and 2004 seasons and Herm always managed to find a way for that team to fight back and get in the playoff hunt.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2006, 09:32 PM

Agreed. Even though it may happen more gradually than we hope, I think Herm's attitude will eventually rub off on these guys.

And the guys who don't respond will be given walking papers....

Smed1065
09-13-2006, 09:32 PM
This game will tell us alot even if they do not win. I like our chances. Might as well make all the others jump back on. IMO.

stevieray
09-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Well to Herms credit, the Jets struggled at times in the 2001, 2002 and 2004 seasons and Herm always managed to find a way for that team to fight back and get in the playoff hunt.

If the Invescos get cocky and underestimate us, and we pull out the first win at Pile High since it was built... :hmmm:

DMAC
09-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Man, if the same thing happened to Trent again, like it did with the Rams...gosh.

stevieray
09-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Agreed. Even though it may happen more gradually than we hope, I think Herm's attitude will eventually rub off on these guys.

And the guys who don't respond will be given walking papers....

yup....or even their starting job...that alone is refreshing.

stevieray
09-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Man, if the same thing happened to Trent again, like it did with the Rams...gosh.

let's not get too carried away...

Nzoner
09-13-2006, 09:38 PM

I'm sorry I think my thread title was a bit misleading,I wasn't suggesting that Trent ends up missing the season but that the team would find a way in his abscence to carry on and do the unimaginable in of all places Denver.

Discuss Thrower
09-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Call it naivete, but I think that provided that the other players elevate their game past the level we saw on Sunday, Damon Huard shouldn't be a problem. Assuming O-Line can hold, and Damon proves he can execute the offense, then I don't see a cause for concern. I doubt he'll be the next Kurt Warner (because Trent hasn't done something evil enough to be surpassed by two backups in his lifetime) but I have the feeling that Huard won't be the reason KC loses. IF they lose.

ChiefsKing
09-13-2006, 09:39 PM
The Chargers QB Rivers only completed 8 passes monday night with a shutout against the Raiders. There was only 16 passes completed the intire game between both teams. We can ride our running game for a win at Denver! Fake the run a few times with passes to Tony G. and see what happens.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2006, 09:39 PM
let's not get too carried away...

I heard on 810 today that Huard is 5-1 when he has started. Im shocked.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2006, 09:43 PM
I heard on 810 today that Huard is 5-1 when he has started. Im shocked.

I've only been telling everyone here that for months...

DMAC
09-13-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry I think my thread title was a bit misleading,I wasn't suggesting that Trent ends up missing the season but that the team would find a way in his abscence to carry on and do the unimaginable in of all places Denver.I know, I know. I should be in bed.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2006, 09:45 PM

Made me curious....so i looked it up. Hes been around Tom Brady and the Pats organization. Not a bad guy to learn from.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/damon_huard/

Phobia
09-13-2006, 09:47 PM

Speak for yourself. I think he's a fine backup.

Rausch
09-13-2006, 09:54 PM
"He had won the battle with himself.

He had learned to love Big Brother..."

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2006, 09:56 PM

1999 season......went 4-1 in his first 5 starts.

Beat Philly 16-13

Beat Oakland 16-9

Beat Tennessee 17-0

Lost at Buffalo 23-3

Beat New England 27-17 (Bledsoe picked 5 times)

If our defense was capable of averaging 10 points against per win, like he had the benefit of in Miami, I'd be excited too.....

Deberg_1990
09-13-2006, 09:59 PM
If our defense was capable of averaging 10 points against per win, like he had the benefit of in Miami, I'd be excited too.....

Good point.

Logical
09-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Okay I'm the first one to admit that at this point I'm looking for something,anything to make me believe KC has a shot leaving Denver at 1-1 heading into the bye.

So I'm thinking to myself the last time Trent went down to a nasty injury a guy by the name of Warner stepped in and the rest is history.

Now before you piss in my cornflakes and point out the obvious that we don't have a Warner Torry Holt or Issac Bruce we do have a Marshall Faulk type back that given the time and opportunity could literally take this team on his back.

So even though it may sound crazy as hell I'm going to dream until the fat lady sings on Sunday that this team will rally together and find something within to go out and win for the Gipper er Trent.

Okay,piss away if you must.I will agree it is nice to dream so definitely do so. Just don't be placing any bets Joe.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Speak for yourself. I think he's a fine backup.

I think he's average. Could do better, could do worse.

I should have been more clear......the outcome of the game doesn't fall completely on the shoulders of the QB. It's a team game. Until the OL shows it can protect whoever is behind center, I think that player is gonna have a hell of a time.

Trent wasn't exactly lighting it up before he went out on Sunday. It wasn't all on him, right?

Like I posted in another thread, hopefully with time, the OL's protection will improve, which should help Damon gain some confidence......give him the time to make some throws instead of running for his life.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2006, 10:05 PM
I think he's average.

An average quarterback? Sure. There aren't many backup QBs in this league who aren't.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2006, 10:07 PM
An average quarterback? Sure. There aren't many backup QBs in this league who aren't.

hahah..yea true. If anybody has a backup who is a stud or a superstar, then they are not the backup, they are the starter.

There arnt anymore Joe Montana/Steve Young combos anymore.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2006, 10:17 PM

So which is it?

In your eyes, is he average? Above average?

I'm not the one making him out to be something he's not. I said he's average. You're the one spouting off about how he's 5-1 as a starter, like that proves anything.

I hope the guy comes in and runs the table. I really do. And I respect your opinion as well......

But IMO,

Avergage QB + poor offensive line play = not a lot of confidence from me. Not just for Damon, but the O in general.

And before you post your Chicken Little pic, don't take this as "jumping off the bandwagon." I drive 4 hours each way to Arrowhead to cheer these guys win or lose. And I'll continue to make the trips this year regardless of how it turns out, including a roadie to Arizona.........

09-13-2006, 10:23 PM
So which is it?

In your eyes, is he average? Above average?

I'm not the one making him out to be something he's not. I said he's average. You're the one spouting off about how he's 5-1 as a starter, like that proves anything.

I hope the guy comes in and runs the table. I really do. And I respect your opinion as well......

But IMO,

Avergage QB + poor offensive line play = not a lot of confidence from me. Not just for Damon, but the O in general.

And before you post your Chicken Little pic, don't take this as "jumping off the bandwagon." I drive 4 hours each way to Arrowhead to cheer these guys win or lose. And I'll continue to make the trips this year regardless of how it turns out, including a roadie to Arizona.........

And Carl loves you for it.

Nzoner
09-14-2006, 08:21 AM
I will agree it is nice to dream so definitely do so. Just don't be placing any bets Joe.

That's a given,I wouldn't touch this game with real money.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2006, 08:48 AM
if our d plays well and doesnt give up a turn over and jake throws acouple picks we can win the came ASLONG AS THE COACHING STAFF DOESNT GET FOOLISH.

Warrior5
09-14-2006, 08:48 AM
I had the same thought a few days ago, but then I remembered that Kurt Warner stepped in behind a good O-line...

So, in my feeble attempt to avoid Moriarity's negative waves, I recall when the Texan's defense took control of the game at Arrowhead and stole a victory.

ct
09-14-2006, 08:55 AM
I actually recall that Kurt Warner has some talent. But I love the positive vibes!!

Easy 6
09-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Good mornin' all , just needed to share with you some prophetic epiphanies i had last night.Here are 3 ROCK-LOCK revelations. 1.) Whichever slack jawed ham n' egger ex-con takes p/r duties for the faders in 1st game will fumble all 4 Colquitt punts and later be heard blaming it on " dat' bunk azz rock Chauncey n' nim' be slingin.......". 2.) Pat Bowlen, with his,eh..longtime companion John Fellway at his side, will drop a bomb on the dinvr faithful.Visibly shaken and tearful , he confirms a KC police report that the donks entire donks starting O line has been arrested in a suburban KC park, on charges of propositioning undercover "HOMO SEX CRIMES UNIT" Officer , Steve Mahoney.The rat will take the 5th. 3.) Immediately after nailing the kick-off , our short fused Scots kicker-ruddy and hale , will charge the dolt bench to the rousing strains of outlawed pipes and with a bloodcurdling scream take Lights Doubt off at the knees with a massive 6ft. broadsword. When asked about the incident , the blood splattered and wild -eyed Scot replies ..in a peat moss thick brogue.." Well we didnt get all dressed up fer' nuttin'........". Pre-cognitive gifts are meant to be shared................

Moo
09-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Regardless of talent, Huard is our QB. Our coaching staff is our Coaching staff. We have little alternative. We must support, we must continue to be Chiefs fans...we must belive that we have at least a fighting chance. and I do.

Moo