PDA

View Full Version : Sampson to start?

ct
09-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Apologies if repost...

This from RotoWorld:

Kevin Sampson-T-Chiefs Sep. 14 - 11:17 am et

Chiefs T Kevin Sampson (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

Sampson will be Kansas City's right tackle against Denver on Sunday. He can't be much worse than Jordan Black was in Week 1.
Source: KC Star (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15513170.htm)

The Star's comments(doesn't exactly state he'll start though):

Sampson back

Edwards said the team returned to practice Wednesday with “a good mind-set” after Sunday’s 23-10 loss to the Bengals.

Right tackle Kevin Sampson returned to practice after sitting last Sunday because of a hamstring injury.

“He participated in everything,” Edwards said. “So I anticipate he’s going to play.”

Sampson was taken off the injury report, which includes defensive end Tamba Hali (glute) and linebacker Boomer Grigsby (foot). Both players are listed as probable for Sunday’s game at Denver and didn’t participate in team drills.

Pitt Gorilla
09-14-2006, 10:59 AM
This is the best news of the day. As long as he's healthy, he'll be a huge upgrade over Black.

BigChiefFan
09-14-2006, 10:59 AM
I believe Sampson has the skills to become a quality player. I've always thought he could become a solid starter if he could just get his act together. I hope he plays well this weekend. We need him to step up and earn the job.

RedThat
09-14-2006, 11:07 AM
They have him listed on the depth charts as the starter. So Im thinking he'll start this week. I hope.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2006, 11:13 AM
dont be suprised if sampson isnt a huge upgrade.

even though kc sucked w/out welbourne and roaf(for stints) the key was T-Rich.
Only a retard wouldnt attack the soft corners and w/out a viable stud at FB KC is going to be in a world of hurt w/ Black and sampsons soft play.

and make no bones about it they are soft as feathers.

we all know you put a guy out on an island its a brave new world & you either gotta be nasty and wiley or physicaly abusive.
ive seen little outta either.

FringeNC
09-14-2006, 11:17 AM
What's the status of Welbourn? He's gone for six weeks, but has the six week clock already started? I've heard conflicting opinions on this.

RedThat
09-14-2006, 11:19 AM
dont be suprised if sampson isnt a huge upgrade.

even though kc sucked w/out welbourne and roaf(for stints) the key was T-Rich.
Only a retard wouldnt attack the soft corners and w/out a viable stud at FB KC is going to be in a world of hurt w/ Black and sampsons soft play.

and make no bones about it they are soft as feathers.

we all know you put a guy out on an island its a brave new world & you either gotta be nasty and wiley or physicaly abusive.
ive seen little outta either.

I can't believe they didn't re-sign T-Rich. Frick'n sucks :cuss:

If Im Denver this week, Im gonna be blitzing like crazy this week.

shaneo69
09-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Apologies if repost...

This from RotoWorld:

Kevin Sampson-T-Chiefs Sep. 14 - 11:17 am et

Chiefs T Kevin Sampson (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

Sampson will be Kansas City's right tackle against Denver on Sunday. He can't be much worse than Jordan Black was in Week 1.
Source: KC Star (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15513170.htm)

The Star's comments(doesn't exactly state he'll start though):

Sampson back

Edwards said the team returned to practice Wednesday with “a good mind-set” after Sunday’s 23-10 loss to the Bengals.

Right tackle Kevin Sampson returned to practice after sitting last Sunday because of a hamstring injury.

“He participated in everything,” Edwards said. “So I anticipate he’s going to play.”

Sampson was taken off the injury report, which includes defensive end Tamba Hali (glute) and linebacker Boomer Grigsby (foot). Both players are listed as probable for Sunday’s game at Denver and didn’t participate in team drills.

Wow, so the Iron Horse is back practicing again. That's great. Of course, he still has a couple days before the game to get a hangnail or something that will keep him out of action.

NY CHIEF
09-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Thank god .... Sampson is a pretty solid rt( when hes on the field) :banghead:

Idahored
09-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Sampson is good at run blocking, but has problems with speed rushers. His feet are too slow and he gets out of position. He is especially vulnerable when a speed rusher moves upfield fast and then cuts back to the inside.

I saw him get burned this way in preseason.

runnercyclist
09-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Good

htismaqe
09-14-2006, 07:07 PM
I can't believe they didn't re-sign T-Rich. Frick'n sucks :cuss:

If Im Denver this week, Im gonna be blitzing like crazy this week.

They should have just tied him up and thrown him in the baggage compartment on the bus...

Psssst...he WANTED TO LEAVE.

shaneo69
09-14-2006, 07:39 PM
They should have just tied him up and thrown him in the baggage compartment on the bus...

Psssst...he WANTED TO LEAVE.

That's right....it definitely wasn't the Chiefs' lowball offer of vet's minimum that made him want to leave.

penguinz
09-14-2006, 08:30 PM
That's right....it definitely wasn't the Chiefs' lowball offer of vet's minimum that made him want to leave.
You are right. It wasn't the money. He wanted to go to a team that plays the west coast O so he would get more action.