PDA

View Full Version : IE menu help

Fire Me Boy!
09-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Ok... strange question. Within a page in Internet Explorer there is the occasional pull down menu (like the color and font options when you post a thread)... is there a way to change the number of options displayed at one time.

Before I hear how I should be using Firefox, I do use FF... but there are two internet-based programs that I need here at work that will not run on Firefox.

One of the IT people deleted my network login info last night and I have new options set up... one of the programs I use has a million little pull down menus and now the menus are only showing about 1/4 what they used to show. I thought it might be based on your screen resolution, but that is not the case.

I really want it back the way it was... muscle memory is a bitch sometimes.

patteeu
09-15-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm sorry I can't answer your specific question.

Just in case you aren't aware, Firefox has an add-on that lets you open a page as if you were using IE. I use it for my online banking site so I don't have to use 2 different browsers.

If nothing else, at least this bumps your thread back to the top so someone might be able to answer your original question. Good luck.

Fire Me Boy!
09-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Well, putting it in Firefox does fix my problem of not enough options in the menu... :thumb:

Simplex3
09-15-2006, 01:18 PM
The author of the page can change that, however there is no easy way for you to change it.

Fire Me Boy!
09-15-2006, 01:41 PM
The author of the page can change that, however there is no easy way for you to change it.
That can't be true about the author setting it, because it's different from browser to browser and computer to computer.

Simplex3
09-15-2006, 03:03 PM
That can't be true about the author setting it, because it's different from browser to browser and computer to computer.
What's different is the default length, which is likely what is being used because the author didn't specify a length.