PDA

View Full Version : Why Edwards is right and Whitlock a fool.

Rick
09-14-2006, 12:23 PM
No need to panic! This is easier to say now that I have watched the game in slow-mo a couple of times. Our offense looked fine, including the line, for a big chunk of the game (by the way: Wiegman, Waters and Shields had their share of the O-line blame game). Defense looked good until the no-huddle. After several turnovers (Dante), dropped passes (Parker), and Green getting sacked (by the way, two sacks were his own fault) and running it up the gut on 3rd and 5, the Chiefs were still in the game against a top-ranked team. Every small or large thing that could go wrong did and was normally at the worst time. WE'LL BE OK, BUT NOT UNTIL GREEN GETS BACK.

QUESTION: If Trent knows this offense better than anyone left in a Chiefs uniform, why in the world would Trent not audible on third and five early in the game. He walks up to the line of scrimmage, sees 9 in the box, knows he has a new OC and a crap play called and runs it anyway??????????????? I just read an article on how valuable Trents input will be?????????????????? Someone please try to explain if you can, I see no logical explanation.

morphius
09-14-2006, 12:30 PM
With only 1 WR there it is hard to see that there would be much in the way of an audible, and with Herm's no TO in the first quarter by the Offense it can get pretty limiting.

mlyonsd
09-14-2006, 12:51 PM
I replayed the entire game on my Tudor vibrating electric playing field and the game came out all different too.

I was so astounded I played another game and you'll all be glad to know according to my calculations the Chiefs will win 128-0 this weekend. For some reason Plummer couldn't hang onto the fuzzy FB.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2006, 12:59 PM
hey Rick first day as a Chiefs fan?

L.A. Chieffan
09-14-2006, 01:07 PM
i think whitlock was actually defending herms philosphy on offense. We all know how Herm really feels about offense, and maybe hes right especially with the personnel that we have right now

Rick
09-14-2006, 02:48 PM
hey Rick first day as a Chiefs fan?
Nope, just not one that jumps off the bandwagon as fast as you I guess. I've been a diehard since '69, how 'bout you?

Rick
09-14-2006, 02:49 PM
I replayed the entire game on my Tudor vibrating electric playing field and the game came out all different too.

I was so astounded I played another game and you'll all be glad to know according to my calculations the Chiefs will win 128-0 this weekend. For some reason Plummer couldn't hang onto the fuzzy FB.
No, you were playing with some other electric vibrating thing I imagine.

DaFace
09-14-2006, 02:51 PM
As I've mentioned before, I don't see the season as being lost. It's ONE GAME. A lot of things went wrong, but most of them can be fixed. The only thing I'm NOT confident in is our ability to win under Huard. Green's got to get back for us to have a chance at a successful season.

Jr_Captain
09-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Just joined up today but a long time fan.

Hoping trent is back for week 4 and hoping Herm will let Trent make a few calls of his own. I fine with not using the TO's right off the bat like usual but he has to allow Green to change the plays at times.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Nope, just not one that jumps off the bandwagon as fast as you I guess. I've been a diehard since '69, how 'bout you?

sarcasm rick sarcasm

but ill play-

im not one to judge my fan loyality on years.

its what old posers do.

runnercyclist
09-14-2006, 05:08 PM
gonna rain

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-14-2006, 09:03 PM
You do realize that offensive lineman are based upon the number of failures they have per game. 2 big time f*ckups and you've had a crappy game. If you have 5, like Black's worthless ass, and it's the equivalent of chopping one of the legs off of a race horse and expecting them to run well in the Kentucky Derby.

whoman69
09-15-2006, 11:38 AM
The offensive gameplan was terrible and I blame that on Herm not Solari. I don't even agree that we were in the game against a top ranked team. I had the feeling had Cincy felt like running up the score they could have, but saw that KC could not come back, especially with Huard.
I can't see why Herm felt the need to take the most successful part of the team and remold it. He may like time of possession, but the way we were last year the club was one of the tops in the league. Johnson was successful because the threat of the passing game was there. This year that is handcuffed. It may be in part because the receivers beyond Kennison and Gonzales are not exactly awe inspiring. They weren't last year either but we moved the ball. Teams expect we will be running Johnson as often as we can and pass only when its needed and we will be doing exactly that. When the other team knows exactly what you will be doing its never good. This offense is predictable. Herm may have the right attitude about how to play the game hard, but he's making it hard to play the game.
Herm is not going to win in KC when he takes what is still one of the most potent offenses in the game and handcuffs them. Next year we are going to be rebuilding on a club that will have a top ten pick. With CPs lack of prowess in the draft, that is not a reassuring feeling that we will get some top players coming in.

Cormac
09-15-2006, 12:26 PM

ROFL

Classic.

milkman
09-15-2006, 09:15 PM
The offensive gameplan was terrible and I blame that on Herm not Solari. I don't even agree that we were in the game against a top ranked team. I had the feeling had Cincy felt like running up the score they could have, but saw that KC could not come back, especially with Huard.
I can't see why Herm felt the need to take the most successful part of the team and remold it. He may like time of possession, but the way we were last year the club was one of the tops in the league. Johnson was successful because the threat of the passing game was there. This year that is handcuffed. It may be in part because the receivers beyond Kennison and Gonzales are not exactly awe inspiring. They weren't last year either but we moved the ball. Teams expect we will be running Johnson as often as we can and pass only when its needed and we will be doing exactly that. When the other team knows exactly what you will be doing its never good. This offense is predictable. Herm may have the right attitude about how to play the game hard, but he's making it hard to play the game.
Herm is not going to win in KC when he takes what is still one of the most potent offenses in the game and handcuffs them. Next year we are going to be rebuilding on a club that will have a top ten pick. With CPs lack of prowess in the draft, that is not a reassuring feeling that we will get some top players coming in.

You don't have a freakin' clue.

What game did you watch?

Deberg_1990
09-15-2006, 09:22 PM

Its not always about keeping the defense guessing about what plays you are going to run. Sometimes the defense knows EXACTLY what the other team is going to do but they are just unable to stop it do to the offensive execution. Great example is the Chargers gameplan the other night. The Raiders knew what was coming but just couldnt stop it. Its almost always about execution.

Easy 6
09-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Jr_Captain, for what it's worth from a fellow n00b, welcome aboard!

Tribal Warfare
09-15-2006, 09:46 PM
You do realize that offensive lineman are based upon the number of failures they have per game. 2 big time f*ckups and you've had a crappy game. If you have 5, like Black's worthless ass

Black also helped ending Holmes career too

Dark Horse
09-16-2006, 11:39 AM
The problem with the offense is obvious. The o line is missing the one thing an o line needs most, continuity. These five starters have not played one single game as a unit they have not even practiced together as a whole since day 1 of training camp. Things will look a lot better in a few weeks, until then we will take more than our share of lumps.

Calcountry
09-16-2006, 11:45 AM

I was so astounded I played another game and you'll all be glad to know according to my calculations the Chiefs will win 128-0 this weekend. For some reason Plummer couldn't hang onto the fuzzy FB.ROFL Most of the Madden kids here don't have a freaking idea what you are talking about.

Dark Horse
09-16-2006, 12:05 PM

I loved that game Willie Lanier was a beast on my vibrating field, come to think of it he was a beast on the real field too

Mosbonian
09-16-2006, 12:09 PM

I'll see you that "diehard fan since '69" and raise you a "diehard fan since '63, rode my bicycle 10 miles to Liberty to be an unofficial ball boy during training camp and was there on Christmas Day for the loss against Miami"....

But what's that got to do with all of this...

mmaddog