PDA

View Full Version : Are Tony Gs. comments

MOhillbilly
09-14-2006, 02:18 PM
on the Green hit proof that he is unhappy and wants out of KC?

JBucc
09-14-2006, 02:19 PM
what were his comments?

MOhillbilly
09-14-2006, 02:21 PM
what were his comments?
that it was a legal hit.

Gonzalez said he didn't think it was a cheap shot. "He didn't hit him with his helmet," he added.

Wa-Z
09-14-2006, 02:25 PM
ROFL

jspchief
09-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Everyone in the league thinks it was a legal hit other than Chiefs fans. Herm Edwards says it was legal. The NFL says it was legal.

The guy left his feet before Green started his slide. Unless he's superman, there's nothing he can do at that point.

KcMizzou
09-14-2006, 02:29 PM
No

DaFace
09-14-2006, 02:30 PM
on the Green hit proof that he is unhappy and wants out of KC?

Only if my thinking it was a legal hit makes me less of a Chiefs fan.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2006, 02:35 PM
ROFL

dont laugh why would he say that?

DaFace
09-14-2006, 02:36 PM
dont laugh why would he say that?

Because he believed it was true? :shrug:

MOhillbilly
09-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Everyone in the league thinks it was a legal hit other than Chiefs fans. Herm Edwards says it was legal. The NFL says it was legal.

The guy left his feet before Green started his slide. Unless he's superman, there's nothing he can do at that point.

**** what Herm and the nfl says.

Tony is Trents teammate.
you should stick up for them teammates.

with the words that fall out of your mouth and actions.

DaFace
09-14-2006, 02:44 PM

Tony is Trents teammate.

with the words that fall out of your mouth and actions.

This seems silly to me. You're saying that TG should have lied about it because he's a bad teammate otherwise? He didn't think it was illegal - that's all. It says nothing one way or another about his loyalty to the team.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure I've read numerous interviews with him in which he's said that he wants to retire a Chief.

jspchief
09-14-2006, 02:45 PM

Tony is Trents teammate.

with the words that fall out of your mouth and actions.I don't agree with that.

I'm a Chiefs fan, but that doesn't mean I'm going to lie and say I thought it was a cheap shot when I don't. I wouldn't expect players to lie about it either.

I certainly don't see it some kind of indication of his attitude towards the team.

Hoover
09-14-2006, 02:50 PM
I don't want to give Tony a big contract. I'd rater have some oline or DT help.

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2006, 02:53 PM
1. The hit was "legal" according to the letter of the rules.
2. Similar other hits though, HAVE been flagged and fined in the past.
3. It defies the "spirit" of everything the NFL has tried to do....to protect QBs.
4. If nothing else, the refs could have/should have called Gaethers for unecessary roughness.....but the leaving his feet aspect of it, gives them an "out" there too.
5. I suspect, though they didn't fine Gaethers....that the refs WILL throw flags THIS week for similar sorts of hits though. (Probably against us, this weekend too.) Otherwise, as I've said...it will be a signal to the league: it's "open season" on the QBs now.

SNR
09-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Considering all he talked about this offseason with the press was "I want to stay here in KC to finish out the career"... I'd say you're just being a nervous Nelly

Demonpenz
09-14-2006, 03:18 PM
huard seemed to give tony more touches than trent did

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2006, 03:18 PM
...5. I suspect, though they didn't fine Gaethers....that the refs WILL throw flags THIS week for similar sorts of hits though. (Probably against us, this weekend too.) Otherwise, as I've said...it will be a signal to the league: it's "open season" on the QBs now.

I'm kinda hoping they do call it more closely this weekend.....I'll enjoy the inevitable comparisions to Gaether's hit on Green, and watching the NFL try to explain their inconsitent enforcement.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Considering all he talked about this offseason with the press was "I want to stay here in KC to finish out the career"... I'd say you're just being a nervous Nelly

what of the whispers that he is unhappy w/ the lack of catches coupled w/ his wanting to restructure to stay here and niether is getting done to his satisfaction?

A team is a family and tony/trent/shields are the heads. in my mind it would be like not sticking up for you mother or grandfather.
right wrong or indiffrent you always go to bat for your own.

PastorMikH
09-14-2006, 03:28 PM

Looks to me like Green's slide has started and both of Geathers' feet are on the turf.

DaFace
09-14-2006, 03:28 PM
A team is a family and tony/trent/shields are the heads. in my mind it would be like not sticking up for you mother or grandfather.
right wrong or indiffrent you always go to bat for your own.

If one of my parents were in a car accident, I wouldn't try to sue the other guy if I witnessed the whole thing and didn't think it was his fault. It would be unfortunate, but I'm not going to try and blame someone for something just because it involves someone I am close to.

Also, the debate about whether it was legal or not doesn't really matter for the question at hand. I think that topic has been completely beaten to the ground. Was it legal? Who knows, but it doesn't matter at this point.

SNR
09-14-2006, 03:29 PM
what of the whispers that he is unhappy w/ the lack of catches coupled w/ his wanting to restructure to stay here and niether is getting done to his satisfaction?

right wrong or indiffrent you always go to bat for your own.Those were his comments from the offseason. Huard threw him a TD pass last game. I realize he wants to restructure, but Carl is totally with him on the renegotiation and is willing to pay the big bucks, whether it be now or next offseason. Tony seems to know that he'll get his money.

I don't see any problem here.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Those were his comments from the offseason. Huard threw him a TD pass last game. I realize he wants to restructure, but Carl is totally with him on the renegotiation and is willing to pay the big bucks, whether it be now or next offseason. Tony seems to know that he'll get his money.

I don't see any problem here.

the problem one would have w/ that is its carl. hes management. nuff said.

and yeah huard thew him a TD pass, but if a guy is holding a grudge one td from a back up wouldnt change your train of thought on a guy he may feel has slighted him for some time.

DMAC
09-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Looks to me like Green's slide has started and both of Geathers' feet are on the turf.That picture looks pretty incriminating if you ask me.

SNR
09-14-2006, 03:35 PM
the problem one would have w/ that is its carl. hes management. nuff said.

and yeah huard thew him a TD pass, but if a guy is holding a grudge one td from a back up wouldnt change your train of thought on a guy he may feel has slighted him for some time.This could very well be the truth. I don't doubt the possibility of it at all. But for now, Gonzalez has told the media he's satisfied here and wants to retire a Chief. If he's actually unhappy, that would be calling him a liar, and I'm not about to assume that Gonzalez is a liar just because it's possible that he is one.

Mr. Kotter
09-14-2006, 04:11 PM
That picture looks pretty incriminating if you ask me.
A still picture, from the video, makes it look that way. The video played at normal speed....Gaethers looks airborne as Trent begins the slide....probably hundredths of a second apart, in real time...."simultaneously."

Makes it very difficult to call, one way or the other.:(

runnercyclist
09-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Get over it. It WAS legal, brutal, but legal

Calcountry
09-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Looks to me like Green's slide has started and both of Geathers' feet are on the turf.So, If I understand the rules correctly, from this point on the play is over, correct?

With both feet on the ground, the foo could have seen Trent in the slide, and instead of launching downward, could have launched up, to avoid.

But that wasn't what was in this animals mind. His target was acquired, and he was launching.

Hydrae
09-14-2006, 04:25 PM
So I asked Tony Gonzalez what the “missed communication” was.

“Mike Solari came in at halftime and said he messed up,” Gonzalez said. “He thought it was third and 2.”

The above is a quote from the first Whitlock article after the game.

This is the quote that bothered me, not Tony saying he thought the hit was legal. This quote tells me Tony doesn't have a lot of respect for his OC. Otherwise, he wouldn't have opened this can of worms. Heck, from what I can tell this is where this all started, Tony was the first one to point the finger at Solari. To me, this foreshadows locker room issues later this season. :sulk:

KCChiefsMan
09-14-2006, 04:31 PM
I liked Jared Allen's postgame comment when he said something like "it's good to know for me, that I can dive at a QB like that, because if you take their starting QB out for the game than that really increases your odds of winning"

ferrarispider95
09-14-2006, 04:33 PM
I trade Tony in an instant for a dominating LT like Willie Roaf (that had a few more years left).

TE is a lot easier to replace then LT.

Moo
09-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Give Tony a break. Tony, Herm and Mecca all believe it was a legal hit. It is their opinion, and I do not believe a difference of OPINION, is reason to get angry. Hey, we are all for the same goal, we just disagree on small issues. Forgive and FORGET!!!

Moo

Raiderhader
09-14-2006, 05:03 PM
A still picture, from the video, makes it look that way. The video played at normal speed....Gaethers looks airborne as Trent begins the slide....probably hundredths of a second apart, in real time...."simultaneously."

Makes it very difficult to call, one way or the other.:(

That pic is from a video? Got a link to the actual video?

Demonpenz
09-14-2006, 05:44 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/59bthZIv8to"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/59bthZIv8to" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Demonpenz
09-14-2006, 05:45 PM
trent need to slide earlier but still should have been a flag

rad
09-14-2006, 05:47 PM
It's Eddie Kennison's fault. He's the one who pushed Geathers into Trent with a block in the back. That's why it was declared legal, it was ruled that "Geathers no longer had control of his body after being pushed by a KC player". So if you want to be mad at someone, be mad at Eddie.

Demonpenz
09-14-2006, 05:52 PM
thats rich... kennison blocking someone..

JBucc
09-14-2006, 06:04 PM
From what I understand the NFL has said that Trent slid late, and that Kennison pushed Geathers into him causing him to lose control of his body, and that is why there was no flag. I say that by the time Kennison touched him he had already decided to dive into Trent and that Eddie just pushed a little and flipped off to the side.

This is the best video I've seen so far:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iIrzOrPUfX4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iIrzOrPUfX4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Anyway that's my last post on the subject. I'm tired of it and I'm moving on.

Raiderhader
09-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Am I the only one having trouble with those videos loading?

splatbass
09-14-2006, 08:46 PM
I trade Tony in an instant for a dominating LT like Willie Roaf (that had a few more years left).

TE is a lot easier to replace then LT.

I might agree with you if we had better receivers, but we need TG to take some of the pressure off Kennison and Parker.

mississippichiefan
09-14-2006, 09:39 PM
I don't know if he meant it to be a cheap shot or not ibut t should have been a flag , just like a player unintentionally grabbing a face mask , its still a flag .