PDA

View Full Version : I am NOT giving up on this season, but...

CHENZ A!
09-14-2006, 02:30 PM
With Roaf, Preist, and possibly Shields, Hicks, Wesley, Knight, Green, and others not returning next year, it seems like we should have quite a bit of cash to spend in free agency.

Does anyone know of where we could find a list of potential free agents for next season?

also where would you like to see our dollars go? any particular player that is in the last yr of his contract that you'd like to see in KC?

JBucc
09-14-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm not entirely sure but I think you have to at least pay some of the money owed to retired players for one year after they retire or something like that.

Hydrae
09-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Too early to even think about this.

jspchief
09-14-2006, 02:43 PM
I heard we will have about $20 million in cap space next year.

Obviously contracts with guys like Gonzo, Mitchell, and maybe Jared Allen will bite into that.

JBucc
09-14-2006, 02:44 PM

Obviously contracts with guys like Gonzo, Mitchell, and maybe Jared Allen will bite into that.that LJ guy too. that'll probably be a big chunk o change.

jspchief
09-14-2006, 02:47 PM
that LJ guy too. that'll probably be a big chunk o change.I don't think we re-do his contract next year unless he has a record breaking saeson. And I'm not sure that's going to happen.

runnercyclist
09-14-2006, 04:36 PM
A new OL

Fish
09-14-2006, 04:38 PM
A new OL

Do we get a discount for a 4-pack?

CHENZ A!
09-14-2006, 06:46 PM

Obviously contracts with guys like Gonzo, Mitchell, and maybe Jared Allen will bite into that.

So, barring injury, all of those guys are a lock for new contracts? I do like Mitchell and Allen, but do they fit in to the type of D that Herm is trying to build?

ChiefsCountry
09-14-2006, 06:52 PM
So, barring injury, all of those guys are a lock for new contracts? I do like Mitchell and Allen, but do they fit in to the type of D that Herm is trying to build?

Yeah they fit.

CHENZ A!
09-14-2006, 07:09 PM
I thought people were always saying how Allen would be a better fit in a 3-4. :shrug:

ChiefsCountry
09-14-2006, 07:22 PM
I thought people were always saying how Allen would be a better fit in a 3-4. :shrug:

No, no, no, no Allen is not a 3-4 end at all, neither is Hali. A 3-4 end is a bigger guy who is more of a DT type body. And Im not talking Derrick Thomas.

jspchief
09-14-2006, 07:34 PM
So, barring injury, all of those guys are a lock for new contracts? I do like Mitchell and Allen, but do they fit in to the type of D that Herm is trying to build?IMO, Mitchell is a prototype for a Cover 2 MLB. I think Allen's consistency with getting to the QB makes him invaluable to this team.

Both those guys become UFAs after this year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one if not both get extensions before this season even ends.