PDA

View Full Version : Segregator... err... Survivor is on tonight

SNR
09-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Are you going to watch the latest social experiment to come from the mind of CBS?

MOhillbilly
09-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Ian Stuart would be proud.

Simplex3
09-14-2006, 03:38 PM
I won't be. I'll watch Survivor the first season that they drop these idiots on a deserted island and the last one to beg to get off wins.

MOhillbilly
09-14-2006, 03:42 PM
I won't be. I'll watch Survivor the first season that they drop these idiots on a deserted island and the last one to beg to get off wins.

ROFL

that would be captivating.....

runnercyclist
09-14-2006, 04:19 PM
yes, it is a great show. I'm not sure about dividing by race though. Could add to some social tensions.

Adept Havelock
09-14-2006, 04:26 PM
If they want me to become a "Survivor" watcher, they need to up the ante. Drop two or three rival groups (lets say "Talking head-political pundits", washed up broken-down former pro athletes [preferably with steroid induced rage issues], and some brain dead "celebs" like Paris Hilton and Mr. Britney Spears) on an island with a very limited water and food supply and a large number of weapons.

Deberg_1990
09-14-2006, 04:32 PM
The racial angle will only last a few weeks. After that they will throw some other twist in there and the tribes will unite around week 6 or so. This is really much adu about nothing. Just something to get people pumped up for the first few episodes of the season.

JBucc
09-14-2006, 04:34 PM
I watched the first season then got bored with it about halfway through the second.

KcMizzou
09-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Time Warner's guide says the episode is titled "I Can Forgive Her But I Don't Have To Because She Screwed With My Chickens".

:spock:

runnercyclist
09-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Time Warner's guide says the episode is titled "I Can Forgive Her But I Don't Have To Because She Screwed My Chickens".

Fixed your post

:spock:

Calcountry
09-14-2006, 05:08 PM
yes, it is a great show. I'm not sure about dividing by race though. Could add to some social tensions.Do you think Jimmy the Greek could pick the winners?

Adept Havelock
09-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Do you think Jimmy the Greek could pick the winners?

ROFL ROFL

Maybe with a little help from Howard Cosell.

Psyko Tek
09-14-2006, 05:48 PM
next up Survivor: All Lipstick Lesbian edition
mud wrassling and the immunity idol is a strap- on

Rain Man
09-14-2006, 05:51 PM
For the white people's sake, I hope that one of the immunity challenges isn't playing cornerback.

SNR
09-14-2006, 05:59 PM
For the white people's sake, I hope that one of the immunity challenges isn't playing cornerback.They could just do a challenge where they do nothing all day. Oh, wait, that would cater to a specific group. Math problems? Damn, no, that wouldn't work. Eating contests? Shoot, no, not that either.

SNR
09-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Wow... a slacking Hispanic. I didn't think these stereotypes would come into play, but that's obviously not the case. The Asians except for that one guy appear to be total hardasses, the whites have some strong players, but also that one bitch who let out the chickens. And they also appeared really weak in the immunity challenge, even though they didn't lose.

Ari Chi3fs
09-14-2006, 07:25 PM
I believe that all three groups had 3 men except the African American Group, which coincidentally lost.

alanm
09-14-2006, 07:37 PM
If they want me to become a "Survivor" watcher, they need to up the ante. Drop two or three rival groups (lets say "Talking head-political pundits", washed up broken-down former pro athletes [preferably with steroid induced rage issues], and some brain dead "celebs" like Paris Hilton and Mr. Britney Spears) on an island with a very limited water and food supply and a large number of weapons.
Now THAT I'd tune in to watch. :thumb:

Fat Elvis
09-15-2006, 07:42 AM
I believe that all three groups had 3 men except the African American Group, which coincidentally lost.

The caucasians only had two men.

Fat Elvis
09-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Is it just me, or did it seem like a lot of stereotypes were being played out (or edited in) on last nights episode?

How many of the stereotypes that we associate with different races are based in reality?

Is racism really the issue in America, or is the root problem really culturalism--and the cultural differences tend to be drawn along racial lines?

SNR
09-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Is it just me, or did it seem like a lot of stereotypes were being played out (or edited in) on last nights episode?

How many of the stereotypes that we associate with different races are based in reality?

Is racism really the issue in America, or is the root problem really culturalism--and the cultural differences tend to be drawn along racial lines?That's why I watched last night. I think I'll tune in for at least a few more weeks just to see if these questions can somehow be answered

Chiefnj
09-15-2006, 09:53 AM
The Asian team was very good at assembling that boat and the boat stayed intact. The white teams boat came apart shortly after hitting the water. Kind of like Honda v. GM.

KC Kings
09-15-2006, 09:57 AM
They need to have a comedic commentary to go along with the episodes.

I knew that guy in blue was in trouble after the black team lost, (expected, since it was a water event), and they got the power to send somebody to exile island.

He should have known that you never mess with a black mans chicken.

SNR
09-15-2006, 09:58 AM
The Asian team was very good at assembling that boat and the boat stayed intact. The white teams boat came apart shortly after hitting the water. Kind of like Honda v. GM.
ROFL

KC Kings
09-15-2006, 10:02 AM

They used their experience. The hippie was a Vietnam boat refuge.

Of all of the groups the Asians are the most diverse. Vietnam, Korea, PI, etc... their group is diverse enough as it is with nationality, then the younger Asians are more "American", and the oldest guy runs a nail salon and is more stereotypical Asian. It is like putting a group of Europeans together.

Saulbadguy
09-15-2006, 10:06 AM

Is racism really the issue in America, or is the root problem really culturalism--and the cultural differences tend to be drawn along racial lines?

It's scripted. All of it.

Saulbadguy
09-15-2006, 10:07 AM
I heard the Polish team put a screen door on theirs.

Fat Elvis
09-15-2006, 11:38 AM
Jazz Musician: You'd be stupid to vote me off. You need fire. Who's gonna keep the fire going once you vote me off.

Nursing Student: Yeah, well, we don't have a fire now, do we?

Jazz Musician: Yeah, but when you do get a fire, who's gonna keep it going?

chiefqueen
09-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Enough with Survivor in warm climates.

I want Survivor Yukon or Survivor Siberia.

kepp
09-15-2006, 11:47 AM

I want Survivor Yukon or Survivor Siberia.
How about "Survivor Cubicle"?

SNR
09-15-2006, 11:49 AM

I want Survivor Yukon or Survivor Siberia.Screw THAT!

How about Survivor: Marianas Trench

Rain Man
09-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Did they have them take the SAT last night in one of the competitions?

Rain Man
09-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Screw THAT!

How about Survivor: Marianas Trench

Survivor: The Bronx

kepp
09-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Or, for those who have to suffer through it because their significant other loves the show -

Survivor: Survivor

greg63
09-15-2006, 12:11 PM

Survivor in shark infested waters while floating on an inner-tube.

The Dude Abides
09-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Put the contestants in as our Qb behind that offensive line. Survivor Arrowhead

runnercyclist
09-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Put the contestants in as our Qb behind that offensive line. Survivor Arrowhead

Truedat

ROFL

The show rocked though. I'm glad it's back on.

Calcountry
09-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Survivor: The BronxOr a more PC title, "Survivor, homeless in New York."

SNR
09-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Survivor: The BronxThat's quite a downgrade from mine.