PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, Grunny does a little backhanded Carl bashing himself...

DaWolf
12-26-2000, 09:50 PM
"We've got to get (quarterback) Elvis Grbac signed," Grunhard said when asked how the Chiefs can improve on their 7-9 record and be competitive for a playoff spot next season. "I think we need to get a featured back, a guy to take some pressure off other people. I think we have to get rid of a couple of guys.

"I think we also have to go out and make some big acquisitions early (in the off-season). I think you've got to get the fan base here in Kansas City excited again. You can't just rest on your laurels. I think we've done that the last three or four years. You've got to go out and sign people.

"I remember last year sitting and looking at the paper, and all these great players were getting signed and we didn't get them. I think we need to go out and do that early this year and put a little spark back in the organization and to the fan base."

Dartgod
12-27-2000, 07:08 AM
These don't sound like comments from a man who intends on retiring. Assuming, of course, that the changes he mentions are made.

mlyonsd
12-27-2000, 07:10 AM
I think Dartgod is right. Grunny will only play next year if he thinks the right moves were made.

He would know more about it then me. Whether he stays or goes might be the best sign to how well the Chiefs do next year.

AZChief
12-27-2000, 10:30 PM
I love Grunhard.

AZ
still straight.

Packfan
12-28-2000, 07:17 AM
I think Grunhard and Peterson are on the same page. In the same article you guys are referring to, Grunhard also talked about getting fans to the games and making sure the seats are full. Thats Carl's #1 goal.

Chief Henry
12-28-2000, 09:47 AM
Good point Wolfman.....

this good be ONE HELL of an OFF SEASON.

------------------
Chiefs Rock