PDA

View Full Version : FFL Question. Winslow vs L.J. Smith

bringbackmarty
09-15-2006, 11:55 AM
who to start this week. Leaning towards smith because I think Mcnabb is going to need him against the giants "d". A lesser issue would be A. Bryant vs Stallworth. I am thinking Stallworth might not do as well this week. Replacing green with Rivers, could still get pennington or Alex smith. Rivers at home vs the titans, thinking Breakout game. I dont like pennington vs the pats. not sure I trust smith.

Basileus777
09-15-2006, 12:06 PM
who to start this week. Leaning towards smith because I think Mcnabb is going to need him against the giants "d". A lesser issue would be A. Bryant vs Stallworth. I am thinking Stallworth might not do as well this week. Replacing green with Rivers, could still get pennington or Alex smith. Rivers at home vs the titans, thinking Breakout game. I dont like pennington vs the pats. not sure I trust smith.

I'd go with Stallworth, Winslow, and Pennington. The Giants secondary still sucks. The 49ers secondary isn't any better but I'd trust Mcnabb mire than Frye to get the ball to the receiver. Either Winslow or Smith could have a good game, but I'd probably go with Winslow against the Bengals. The Pats secondary is still garbage, and if Losman can tear them up I like Pennington's chances. I wouldn't expect Rivers to put up big numbers because of conservative play calling. Alex Smith is risky, especially with how good the rams defense played last week.

Cave Johnson
09-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Pennington is probably a better add than Rivers at this point. It looks like Rivers is being babied. Winslow over LJ Smith is a no brainer with Jurivicous(sp?) out and Edwards recovering. Bryant vs. Stallworth, flip a coin.

Hound333
09-15-2006, 12:18 PM
I'd go with Stallworth, Winslow, and Pennington. The Giants secondary still sucks. The 49ers secondary isn't any better but I'd trust Mcnabb over Smith to get the ball to the receiver. Either Winslow or Smit could have a good game, but I'd probably go with Winslow against the Bengals. The Pats secondary is still garbage, and if Losman can tear them up I like Pennington's chances. I wouldn't expect Rivers to put up big numbers because of conservative play calling. Smith is risky, especially with how good the rams defense played last week.

ditto what he said. Rivers won't pass often enough to get many yards so you have to bank on TD passes for points. Pennington played well last week so he's a smarter play. I like Smith but he's a streaky player. He will get 80 and two scores one week then 4 yards total the next. Of course you never know if Winslow will even finish the game.