PDA

View Full Version : A proposed FFL trade, go for it or a no go?

Ceej
09-15-2006, 01:19 PM
So, here's my weak team.

QB - Trent Green
QB - Drew Brees
QB - Chad Pennington (picked up via FA after Green went down)
RB - Deuce McAllister
RB - DeAngelo Williams
RB - Travis Henry
WR - Steve Smith
WR - Anquan Boldin
WR - Amani Toomer
WR - Eric Moulds
WR - Brandon Stokely
WR - Antwaan Randle El
TE - Antonio Gates
Giants/Chiefs D
K - Jason Elam.

Obviously my RB situation is veryyyy thin. How about this proposed trade?

A guy would trade me Fred Taylor/Lee Evans for Anquan Boldin/DeAngelo Williams. Isn't Taylor/Evans more likely to score me more points a week because they see more playing time combined then Boldin/Williams (who is the 2nd RB for Carolina.)

Thoughts?

Hoover
09-15-2006, 01:25 PM
While I know you want to up grade your RB's sending a top WR for a mid level injury prone RB is something I wouldn't do. Stick with your WR's or make a deal for a better back

Ceej
09-15-2006, 01:28 PM
But, is the risk not worth the reward?

I guess I could be a dick and hope/pray that DeShaun Foster goes down and Williams takes the full reign of starting RB in Carolina.

How about Willils McGahee for Anquan Boldin?

Cave Johnson
09-15-2006, 01:55 PM
How about Willils McGahee for Anquan Boldin?

Take it and run.

Either you're in a 16 team league, or this is your first time playing FFL. Next time, you need to draft a RB before the 4th round (I'm guessing your draft order went Smith, Boldin, Gates, McAllister).

Ceej
09-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Yeah, this was my first FFL draft. It wasn't THAT bad, just not smart, heh.

I took Steve Smith first (which, I now know is a big nono) and Gates 2nd which was another stupid pick. Rookie mistake.

Anyway, I picked up Chad Pennington and Henry for some depth. If Pennington can continue to stay healthy man he'd be a steal considering nobody drafted him.

So, is McGahee injury prone?

If Steve Smith is unable to go this week who do I start at WR then? Moulds/Toomer? I'm not very fond of that combination.

I may propose Boldin/DeAngelo Williams for McGahee and maybe another starting WR.

Edited to include that I am in fact in a 14 team league with carryovers, fwiw.

Cave Johnson
09-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah, this was my first FFL draft. Edited to include that I am in fact in a 14 team league with carryovers, fwiw.

That explains it all. I doubt there were many RBs to choose from in a 14 team franchise league.

So, is McGahee injury prone? Just in college. He's played in all 16 games the last two years.

I'd try to do the trade straight up first. Williams has diminished value at this point since he didn't see action in game 1. Foster going down is a question of when, not if.

Ceej
09-15-2006, 02:12 PM
So, who do you like to start at the WR spot when Smith is still questionale and his return is unknown?

I may go with Moulds and I don't know who else..

There were a couple of ALRIGHT backs after they kept their carryovers. I had the 7th pick and probably shouldn't have taken a WR with the first pick, bad bad.

Williams, however did see some action in the first game, I believe he caught a ball or two. I know, big whoop. Didn't Foster go down last year for a bit due to an injury? It sure would be sweet if he went down again. :)