PDA

View Full Version : Anyone picked up a Blackberry Pearl yet?

memyselfI
09-15-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my phone. I've not previously used Blackberry but people I know who have it just love it. I wanted to know if anyone has actually bought one of these yet. They look rather sweet.

http://www.rimarkable.com/images/BlackPearl.jpg

SBK
09-15-2006, 02:30 PM
I have a crackberry now, I'm getting rid of it. It makes you "too" connected. It was fun at first, but when I find myself checking my email at dinner instead of talking with my wife......

They are way too addicting, run away as fast as you can.

wildcat09
09-15-2006, 03:05 PM
i just got a blackberry two days ago. i freaking love it. i didnt get the pearl though because it was too expensive. i did consider it though. the video quality on that thing is sick.

runnercyclist
09-15-2006, 03:07 PM
I'd recommend the Palm Treo

memyselfI
09-15-2006, 03:35 PM
I have a crackberry now, I'm getting rid of it. It makes you "too" connected. It was fun at first, but when I find myself checking my email at dinner instead of talking with my wife......

They are way too addicting, run away as fast as you can.

LOL, I've heard that before. I won't be using the Blackberry for business so hopefully that will be less constraining. If I get the Pearl then I'll subscribe to the service for a couple of months and see if it's worth my time, $, and sanity.

SLAG
09-15-2006, 06:14 PM
I had a BB 7520 for a bit - It was kinda neat but not worth my time or money IMHO

unlurking
09-15-2006, 07:30 PM
I'd recommend the Palm Treo
I had a 600 for a few years, thought about going to the 750p, but instead got the Audiovox 6700. Full international and a slide out qwerty with much bigger buttons than the Treo. Loved the Treo, but those buttons were just way to small.

Coach
09-15-2006, 08:35 PM
I have a Motorola Q from Verzion.

It's a sweet phone.

memyselfI
09-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Ok, so I picked one of these up yesterday. I'm trying to get used to all the gizmos and gadgets. I must say it's rather convenient being able to access Chiefsplanet on my cell phone. ROFL

SLAG
09-21-2006, 07:24 PM
Ok, so I picked one of these up yesterday. I'm trying to get used to all the gizmos and gadgets. I must say it's rather convenient being able to access Chiefsplanet on my cell phone. ROFL

http://mini.opera.com

el borracho
09-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Blackberry Pearl

memyselfI
09-21-2006, 08:07 PM
http://mini.opera.com

Wow, thanks for the tip. That looks awesome. It doesn't look like they are supporting the Pearl yet but I'm going to keep checking.

SLAG
09-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Wow, thanks for the tip. That looks awesome. It doesn't look like they are supporting the Pearl yet but I'm going to keep checking.
It works with ANy Cell phone-

if you can load the JAD files you can run it

does the Pearl support J2ME?

memyselfI
09-21-2006, 08:20 PM
It works with ANy Cell phone-

if you can load the JAD files you can run it

does the Pearl support J2ME?

uh, I think so. I'm still learning. I'll try to d/l and see what happens. I can return for 12 more days. :)