PDA

View Full Version : After much consideration....

tommykat
09-15-2006, 11:00 PM
I have not been around much lately. Allow me to explain.

For the first time in 14 years I finally made a living with money to spare. I was so happy and made "friends" not just older people. On July 31st I got a call from the girl I worked with. My stuff was packed and told I was fired. No notice nor no income.

Such a long story.....I believe JimNasium could put this better than I am. However, I am back to nothing again. You all know I have a lot of Chief things signed etc. I feel at this time I should let it go. I looked around from the 1st of August, and finally decided that "they" are just things. I can get some of them again one day.

Simple....JimNasium if you could bring your camera over and take pictures of what I have, I want to offer you all here I first chance. Next is Ebay which will work just fine also.

Just smoke me and I will take it from there.

Tommykat~

SPchief
09-15-2006, 11:02 PM
:spock:

btw, sorry about the job.

tommykat
09-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Would a mod make this a sticky please?

Thanks

Iowanian
09-16-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm sorry for your rough patch.

I guess it turns out, Bacardi tuesday's wasn't a hit afterall.

burt
09-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Keep your head up.....we all go thru these hard times. If you neeed a job, feel free to PM me. Have you ever sold cars before?

But I am sorry to hear about your hard times.

tommykat
09-16-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry for your rough patch.

I guess it turns out, Bacardi tuesday's wasn't a hit afterall.

:rolleyes:

I am serious......put in a call to a planet memeber to see if they know how to put all of this on Ebay.....

At 47 you do realize things are just that. No one can take away the memories of having gotten them.

Iowanian
09-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Thats great.

Ebay might pay this months mortgage....lets work towards a longer term sollution.

tommykat
09-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Thats great.

Ebay might pay this months mortgage....lets work towards a longer term sollution.

Hey honey, 1 item will pay my house payment! Leave this alone....I have taken a lot of chit from you, but live in my shoes just a day and you wouldn't make it. I'm tired of your MALE PIG ASS attitude towards women.

Bark, bite it.....just leave my thread alone!

Halfcan
09-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Good luck, hope things work out.

tommykat
09-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Good luck, hope things work out.

Thanks, it always has. It's just the waiting game and trying to get your foot in a door again.

greg63
09-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Sorry to hear it tommykat; chin up.

The Bad Guy
09-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey honey, 1 item will pay my house payment! Leave this alone....I have taken a lot of chit from you, but live in my shoes just a day and you wouldn't make it. I'm tired of your MALE PIG ASS attitude towards women.

He's making a valid point and you want to write it off because of your past with him.

He's saying, your Chiefs items will pay for your mortage for the immediate future, but what happens when they are gone?

I guess we are both going through rough stretches. I moved away from my hometown, had a job I moved 4 hours for basically terminated right after I already moved and signed a lease and am completely miserable where I'm at. And I'm stuck there for the next 9 months.

But the sun will come up tomorrow. Keep your head up.

milkman
09-16-2006, 08:52 PM
He's making a valid point and you want to write it off because of your past with him.

He's saying, your Chiefs items will pay for your mortage for the immediate future, but what happens when they are gone?

I guess we are both going through rough stretches. I moved away from my hometown, had a job I moved 4 hours for basically terminated right after I already moved and signed a lease and am completely miserable where I'm at. And I'm stuck there for the next 9 months.

We all go through rough stretches.

After I was laid off by Adohr Farms Dairy in '02 it took me 4 months to find another job.

I spent three and a half years with IBC, and really hated that job.

I was laid off there this past New Year's Eve day.
Best thing that ever happened to me.

I was out of work for all of two weeks, and I am back with another dairy distributor, and couldn't be happier.

The Bad Guy
09-16-2006, 08:57 PM
We all go through rough stretches.

After I was laid off by Adohr Farms Dairy in '02 it took me 4 months to find another job.

I spent three and a half years with IBC, and really hated that job.

I was laid off there this past New Year's Eve day.
Best thing that ever happened to me.

I was out of work for all of two weeks, and I am back with another dairy distributor, and couldn't be happier.

I'm glad it all worked out.

I know it will in my situation as well, and I'm sure Tommykat's will work out.

Regardless of how much I like whatever job I get, I'm still out of there in 9 months. I can't put up with the traffic, the cost of living. Plus, I'm going back for my masters and I can't possibly afford to do that here.

milkman
09-16-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm glad it all worked out.

I know it will in my situation as well, and I'm sure Tommykat's will work out.

Regardless of how much I like whatever job I get, I'm still out of there in 9 months. I can't put up with the traffic, the cost of living. Plus, I'm going back for my masters and I can't possibly afford to do that here.

Good luck with that.

You strike as someone that always lands on his feet.

TK is more the type to fall head first behind a dryer.

grandllama
09-16-2006, 09:05 PM

TK, Iowanian was making a very valid point, but when it comes down to it a lot of things i've 'collected' over the years have helped me during the rough streches.

Frank and TK, both of you, I've been in your shoes, I've just now gotten out of them, and I wish you both all the luck.

It's not easy, but in the long run, trust your judgement, stick to your guns, and things will work out. Never compromise yourself to fit someone else's ideals.

Phobia
09-16-2006, 09:10 PM
You might check to see if Papasmurf would like to buy all your Chiefs merchandise..... again.

Stryker
09-16-2006, 09:11 PM
I can relate. I have had the worst year of my life as far as employment is concerned. I had the same thing happen to me on December 1st of last year. I have sold cars and I have worked in a warehouse since then. I have also spent my savings staying a float. I have sent out more resumes than you can shake a stick at and at numerous times felt like giving up. Then one day while chillin at the pool I get a phone call from Ford bacon & Davis and voila! I am back on top again! When people tell you that it will work out – IT WILL!

Hang in there after all, it can only get better! :)

Iowanian
09-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Are you effing kidding me? I suggest that you look towards a more permanent sollution to your problem than selling some trinkets on ebay and I get that response? I didn't post to "bother you". I posted to help you. I have no problem with women....I treat all stupid people equally.

You know what....I could tie my feet to together, my hands behind my back with a bag over my head and hopscotch through a day in your life while whistling the tune of your choice.

I've tried to help you here more than one time....that you've "mysteriously" been fired with no warning. You know what?
Thats a sign that you're effing something up pretty badly. Maybe you're either really, really shitty at what you do, as stupid in person as on the internet, or show up to work smelling like you washed your hair with a bottle of Old Crow.

I'm tired of mumbling broads, blaming their self inflicted problems on "men"....and not expecting replies on yet another semi-coherent rambling "advice" thread.

Stand on your head naked and piss.

runnercyclist
09-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Man this thread makes me want to quote Caddyshack right now in my present state of intoxication but my humane nature and love of fellow planeteers stifles me from doing so.

Best of luck to you both.

JBucc
09-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Stand on your head naked and piss.You could probably make some cash doing that. Do you have a digital camera?

Rausch
09-16-2006, 09:15 PM
You might check to see if Papasmurf would like to buy all your Chiefs merchandise..... again.
:spock:

grandllama
09-16-2006, 09:16 PM

Phil, that was so not necessary....

and so goddamned funny ;)

grandllama
09-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Man this thread makes me want to quote Caddyshack right now in my present state of intoxication but my humane nature and love of fellow planeteers stifles me from doing so.

Best of luck to you both.

"Hey Everybody We're Gonna Get Laid!"???????

|Zach|
09-16-2006, 09:54 PM
I am just waiting to be asked to delete this thread.

grandllama
09-16-2006, 09:57 PM
I am just waiting to be asked to delete this thread.

Can you delete this thread please?

Mr. Kotter
09-16-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your hard luck, tk. Life really doesn't seem fair sometimes.....

Best advice I can give you: find a job, any job that pays real money and doesn't involve anything illegal....and take it. Even if it's below you.

THEN, you keep searching for jobs you "want."

You're a good Egg, tk. Don't feel sorry for yourself. Don't sell yourself short. Lay off the sauce. But do what you "gotta do" in the meantime.

Best wishes. God bless.

Halfcan
09-17-2006, 12:03 AM
TK-there are plenty of opportunities out there-start an excort service on top of the four seasons, fall down at a Walmart, start a Meth house, rob a gas station,

or you could just find another job.

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 05:06 AM
"Hey Everybody We're Gonna Get Laid!"???????

While a good quote from the movie, not the one I had in mind.

Saulbadguy
09-17-2006, 06:59 AM
FOOOOOK!!!

Katie
09-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Hey TK, sorr to hear you'rehaving a rough time. You were very helpful to me when I was having problems, so please let me know if I can help you now.

Don't be afraid to let your friends help you. Use your network to help you find work, that's a huge tool in obtaining employment...

Skip Towne
09-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Marry a rich guy.

Coach
09-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Good luck TK.

Just keep your head up and stay positive, even when things look really bleak. Something will work out.

I know what you mean by selling off your merchanise. I love my sports cards, but I always keep them stored in case if I can't get any dough coming in, I can easily sell them off for some $ that can keep me afloat for several months until I can find a job, in case that happens. I won't say how much my cards are worth, but it's a very high number.

Cochise
09-17-2006, 09:32 AM
I don't get it.

But good luck.

Coach
09-17-2006, 09:34 AM
I don't get it.

But good luck.

What you don't get? Just wondering.

I think what she's trying to tell us is that she lost her job, and is struggling money wise.

Iowanian
09-17-2006, 10:01 AM
"GEBRBUKL:LY. OMG, I don't know what happend. I stood on my head naked and went peepee and I don't know why I'm wet and smell like wet corn chips now? chhhiiiiiiiiiiit fooooooook" [/ impression]

chiefs4me
09-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Kat I am sorry to hear about your job loss, as soon as you get pics of what you have send them to me, I will buy some from you.......and I hope you do realize that in his own perverted way, Killer was just trying to help..

milkman
09-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Kat I am sorry to hear about your job loss, as soon as you get pics of what you have send them to me, I will buy some from you.......and I hope you do realize that in his own perverted way, Killer was just trying to help..

Perverted?

Bwana
09-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Perverted?

Heh! That's what I was thinking. She must think he sits there and types this stuff out with a blow up sheep next to his desk? :shrug: Who the hell knows?

On a side note, good luck with your ordeal TK.

burt
09-17-2006, 10:57 AM
I don't get it.

But good luck.

While I wish her luck, I have a hard time emphasizing, also. If I lose my job, I am a 7 digit phone call from my next job.

Raiderhader
09-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Heh! That's what I was thinking. She must think he sits there and types this stuff out with a blow up sheep next to his desk? :shrug: Who the hell knows?

I always assumed he did.

milkman
09-17-2006, 11:07 AM
While I wish her luck, I have a hard time emphasizing, also. If I lose my job, I am a 7 digit phone call from my next job.

Why would you need to "emphasize".

If You could elaborate, I might be able to empathize.

milkman
09-17-2006, 11:08 AM

OK, now I'm going to have that image stuck in my head everytime I read one of his posts.

Iowanian
09-17-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm still baffled how I got to be the asshole early on.

"Sorry about your fough patch"...isn't talking about your molting beaver

"thats great, ebay might make the mortgage payment but lets look for a long term sollution"....

I guess I should have used a crayon.`Selling that used Gonzalez Athletic supporter and the autograph helmet might pay this month's bills.....but finding the problem, working to correct it, and getting another position that pays all the bills as they come for the forseeable future might be a better option.

burt
09-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Why would you need to "emphasize".

If You could elaborate, I might be able to empathize.

I knew that words spelling didn't look right. You knew what I was saying Mr. Spell Nazi.... :)

chiefs4me
09-17-2006, 11:16 AM

he doesn't???

burt
09-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Genetics........J/K, do not unlease the keyboard of doom!!

"Sorry about your fough patch"...isn't talking about your molting beaver.

ROFL ,I so want to give you grief for this, but I mispell/type all the time.....see above

""thats great, ebay might make the mortgage payment but lets look for a long term sollution"....

I guess I should have used a crayon.`Selling that used Gonzalez Athletic supporter and the autograph helmet might pay this month's bills.....but finding the problem, working to correct it, and getting another position that pays all the bills as they come for the forseeable future might be a better option.

good advice!

milkman
09-17-2006, 11:18 AM
I knew that words spelling didn't look right. You knew what I was saying Mr. Spell Nazi.... :)

In this case you're spelling was just far enough off that you spelled an entirely different word, with an entirely different meaning, correctly.

Raiderhader
09-17-2006, 11:18 AM

"thats great, ebay might make the mortgage payment but lets look for a long term sollution"....

Your the asshole because you are trying to look for solutions instead of just jumping in on the pity party. Looking for solutions means self examination, and some people just don't want to admit that it might be them that is the problem. You are just a reminder of what they don't want to face.

chiefs4me
09-17-2006, 11:19 AM

and you know, in my own way, I was telling TK that you were really trying to give good advice........I thought today was the day to fight the bronco fans, not each other...but as you know, I am always game....:harumph:

burt
09-17-2006, 11:20 AM
In this case you're spelling was just far enough off that you spelled an entirely different word, with an entirely different meaning, correctly.

Thank God for spell check or I would have my employees spell cars instead of sell cars.....

milkman
09-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Thank God for spell check or I would have my employees spell cars instead of sell cars.....

Or you could have them selling cats.

I think there's a poster here that might be needing one soon.

Skip Towne
09-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Are you effing kidding me? I suggest that you look towards a more permanent sollution to your problem than selling some trinkets on ebay and I get that response? I didn't post to "bother you". I posted to help you. I have no problem with women....I treat all stupid people equally.

You know what....I could tie my feet to together, my hands behind my back with a bag over my head and hopscotch through a day in your life while whistling the tune of your choice.

I've tried to help you here more than one time....that you've "mysteriously" been fired with no warning. You know what?
Thats a sign that you're effing something up pretty badly. Maybe you're either really, really shitty at what you do, as stupid in person as on the internet, or show up to work smelling like you washed your hair with a bottle of Old Crow.

I'm tired of mumbling broads, blaming their self inflicted problems on "men"....and not expecting replies on yet another semi-coherent rambling "advice" thread.

Stand on your head naked and piss.
Crikey!

burt
09-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Or you could have them selling cats.

I think there's a poster here that might be needing one soon.

ROFL Some of them might do better selling cats...

upon further review I did mean empasize....

Main Entry: em·pha·size
Function: transitive verb
Pronunciation: 'em(p)-f&-"sīz
Inflected Form(s): -sized ; -siz·ing
: to place emphasis on : STRESS emphasized the need for reform

yeah....I wanted to emphasize the need for her reform....yeah.....that's what I was saying........ ROFL

Skip Towne
09-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Genetics........J/K, do not unlease the keyboard of doom!!

ROFL ,I so want to give you grief for this, but I mispell/type all the time.....see above

"

good advice!
unleash

burt
09-17-2006, 11:33 AM
unleash

NNNNnnnoooooooOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!