PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With Toasty Warfield?

gblowfish
09-16-2006, 06:03 PM
His personal website still has him in a Chiefs uniform:
http://www.edub44.com/
He got cut by the Pats in pre-season.
Are you surprised nobody has picked him up?
Can he be all done? Too much baggage?
Discuss amongst yourselves...

Skip Towne
09-16-2006, 06:07 PM
I heard someone picked him up. Now he says "Do you want fries with that" a lot.

CupidStunt
09-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Vet min, 3rd corner, no questions asked (all the clauses in the world to protect us from his booze habit).

Tbh.

Mr. Laz
09-16-2006, 06:41 PM
and for years people around here insisted that he was "good enough"

CoMoChief
09-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Sign him for vet min, convert him to FS.

B_Ambuehl
09-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Honestly that's a waste of talent sitting out there because he would make a damn good FS IMO. He's a pretty good tackler, has range, good hands, and can jump. Hell, he led this football team in tackles several times last year and has accumulated quite a few interceptions from the cornerback position. I could only imagine how effective he'd be playing center field.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-16-2006, 07:11 PM
If Herm is 1/8 the secondary coach that he is supposed to be, converting Warfield into a Pro Bowl FS should be pretty damned easy given his experience and toolset.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-16-2006, 07:20 PM
He must not update that site much.

rad
09-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Honestly that's a waste of talent sitting out there because he would make a damn good FS IMO. He's a pretty good tackler, has range, good hands, and can jump. Hell, he led this football team in tackles several times last year and has accumulated quite a few interceptions from the cornerback position. I could only imagine how effective he'd be playing center field.

Check out the Giants game from last year, then come see me.

You might want to let go of your dream of being a GM in the NFL......

ChiefaRoo
09-16-2006, 08:50 PM
He's done. No heart. Never had it and now that he's faced with adversity he just going to fold and go quietly into the night.

Munson
09-16-2006, 10:13 PM
It cracks me up when people say that EWI was a good player. He can be a starter in KC all these years, and can't even make it as a nickel or dime back on any other team.

Did any of you actually watch the games last year? Have you watched him play over the last several years? Check out the game against the Bills where he got roasted twice by JP Losman/Lee Evans. On one of those plays he gave up, he went to jam Lee Evans at the line, completely whiffed, and gives up the easy TD. That play was classic Warfield.

The guy is slow, has no range, plays soft(like he's afraid of contact), and worst of all, he can't tackle worth a damn. He always arm tackles, or tries to ram a shoulder into the ball carrier(which leads to additional yards for the other team), or has to dive to make a shoelace tackle because he got toasted. I almost forgot to mention his signature 10 yard cushion he has to give the wide receivers. The reason he got so many tackles was because he got picked on so much.

Would you guys really want Warfield as the FS, with his horrible coverage/tackling abilities? If you thought Greg Wesley was inconsistent in coverage and a bad tackler, just imagine what you would get with Warfield. He'd make Wesley look like a 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

Just say no to Toasty Warfield.

morphius
09-16-2006, 10:22 PM
If Herm is 1/8 the secondary coach that he is supposed to be, converting Warfield into a Pro Bowl FS should be pretty damned easy given his experience and toolset.
I don't think so. While I think he was an okay player, he wasn't that great of a tackler, and seems to lack that fire that most safety's seem to have. Nobody will fear going over the middle with a guy who would rather tackle your ankles then lay you out.

L.A. Chieffan
09-16-2006, 10:49 PM
i can believe the dude has his own webpage. why does call himself edub? cuz he gives up 20 points every game?