PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia thinks Oklahoma got screwed [funny link]

Reaper16
09-16-2006, 09:47 PM
So I'm watching TNA and browsing through pro wrestling related wikis, when I come across the wiki for screw job (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screwjob_%28professional_wrestling%29). ROFL look at the last two lines. LMAO That was really quick.

grandllama
09-16-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't care who you are, that's funny! ROFL

Basileus777
09-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Good stuff, you have to love Wikipedia.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Wrestling fan huh.....are you a WWE fan too?

Reaper16
09-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Wrestling fan huh.....are you a WWE fan too?
I haven't watched WWE for consecutive weeks in years. No compelling characters, terrible storylines, etc. I love pro wrestling, but WWE is so dissapointing anymore. I'll watch an episode of TNA here and there, just to keep current, but that octagon shaped ring is an abomination.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Are you familiar with Bobby Lashley....I'm asking because he's from around here.

Ultra Peanut
09-16-2006, 10:48 PM
I haven't watched WWE for consecutive weeks in years. No compelling charactersHave you forgotten the Son of Man?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/ortonemote.gif

Perhaps you are unable to see Him.

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 10:54 PM
I'm steadily losing interest in 'rasslin again. Now that the new TV season is starting, I think I might've watched my last Raw.

Reaper16
09-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Have you forgotten the Son of Man?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/ortonemote.gif

Perhaps you are unable to see Him.
:Lin:

Mecca
09-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Depends what you like I guess, Edge is about the only guy on Raw I like anymore. Smackdowns a better show in a wrestling sense.

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 10:59 PM
I lost interest in smackdown weeks ago. Once JBL began broadcasting, I'd decided I'd had enough.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 10:59 PM
I lost interest in smackdown weeks ago. Once JBL began broadcasting, I'd decided I'd had enough.

He improves quite a bit each week, his random shoot comments are also mildly entertaining. Anythings better than Jerry Lawler though that's for sure.

Reaper16
09-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Are you familiar with Bobby Lashley....I'm asking because he's from around here.
Vaguely. I like his finisher, the dominator. I haven't seen enough recent WWE to know anything about him, though, really.

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 11:02 PM
The problem with smackdown is that I really don't care about any of the characters, have no real vested interest in who wins or loses, and, let's face it, wwe isn't at all about wrestling, it's about rooting for or against faces and heels..

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Vaguely. I like his finisher, the dominator. I haven't seen enough recent WWE to know anything about him, though, really.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/bobbylashley/04.jpg

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/bobbylashley/02.jpg

Birthday: July 16, 1976
Hometown: Originally from Junction City, Kansas
Billed from Colorado Springs, Colorado

Bobby Lashley attended Missouri Valley College and won 3 national championships 96-98 and placed 4th in 95..
1997 and 1998: Bobby Lashley was the NAIA National Wrestling champion weighing in at 177 pounds..
Bobby Lashley was an amature wrestler in the Army..

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:06 PM
The problem with smackdown is that I really don't care about any of the characters, have no real vested interest in who wins or loses, and, let's face it, wwe isn't at all about wrestling, it's about rooting for or against faces and heels..

Well I'm a big fan of Booker T have been for years and Chris Benoit is coming back shortly which gives me more reason to watch.

Reaper16
09-16-2006, 11:08 PM
I happen to be big on the wrestling. Nobody can work a match anymore, it seems. Kurt Angle is abot the best pure match worker they've got anymore. McMahon is in constant love with huge, really built dudes at the expense of a great match. (Batista, Cena, Orton, etc)
I miss the 90's. I miss when The Undertaker was relevant. I miss Bret Hart and the superstars who could work a match. I love Chris Jericho and similar mid-carders that could work a match. Hell, I miss generic but reliable dudes like Dean Malenko - who could work a match.

Reaper16
09-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Benoits coming back? Awesome; a reason to watch finally.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:09 PM
I happen to be big on the wrestling. Nobody can work a match anymore, it seems. Kurt Angle is abot the best pure match worker they've got anymore. McMahon is in constant love with huge, really built dudes at the expense of a great match. (Batista, Cena, Orton, etc)
I miss the 90's. I miss when The Undertaker was relevant. I miss Bret Hart and the superstars who could work a match. I love Chris Jericho and similar mid-carders that could work a match. Hell, I miss generic but reliable dudes like Steve Malenko - who could work a match.

No Chris Benoit references in working a match.......

By the way they fired Angle for basically being a danger to himself and everyone else in the company.

Ultra Peanut
09-16-2006, 11:16 PM
The best thing WWE has to offer?

CM Punk.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:16 PM
CM Punk is actually getting a push right...he's a pretty talented guy.

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 11:19 PM
I enjoy the wrestling more than the characters, it just happens to be that WWE, all brands (including ECW) is all about character right now.

I watched TNA for a while, and while the matches are more enjoyable, they have too much mic crap, too, and they're not even as good at it.

Although I am looking forward to the whole Samoa Joe vs. Jarrett in what amounts to a lumberjack match with straps.

And I have to admit, I am looking forward to Edge v. Cena TLC.

I used to love Booker T. I can't stand King Booker, however. I can't stand his "wife". And I particularly can't stand Finlay.

Ultra Peanut
09-16-2006, 11:20 PM
CM Punk is actually getting a push right...Yeppers, and he's getting solid reactions even from the mostly-dead Smackdown crowds. WWE ****s up a lot of golden opportunities, but debuting him at Hammerstein in front of a crowd full of smarks was an absolutely perfect move.

He's the future of the new ECW, and probably WWE as a whole. Even McMahon's lust for huge, rippling muscles can't overcome the personality he exudes both in and out of the ring. I love seeing puroresu style stuff on a WWE production.

Although I am looking forward to the whole Samoa Joe vs. Jarrett in what amounts to a lumberjack match with straps. I cannot stand watching Jarrett wrestle, for the most part, but Joe is completely ****ing awesome.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:22 PM
That woman really is Booker T's wife in real life....I know Finlay isn't everyones cup of tea but he really is a great worker in his own right. His matches with Lashley made Lashley 100 times better, he's a valuable guy.

I can't get into TNA because I can't watch any show that has Jeff Jarrett plastered all over it he is not a legit mainevent guy. He's also worse than HHH about making sure the entire product is about him.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Yeppers, and he's getting solid reactions even from the mostly-dead Smackdown crowds. WWE ****s up a lot of golden opportunities, but debuting him at Hammerstein in front of a crowd full of smarks was an absolutely perfect move.

He's the future of the new ECW, and probably WWE as a whole. Even McMahon's lust for huge, rippling muscles can't overcome the personality he exudes both in and out of the ring. I love seeing puroresu style stuff on a WWE production.

I cannot stand watching Jarrett wrestle, for the most part, but Joe is completely ****ing awesome.

Be careful from everything I've heard Triple H and Shawn Michaels don't like Punk much so we'll see if he gets his legs cut out from under him.

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Jarrett can't wrestle. I'm interested in seeing how they book the match.

I like CM Punk based on the ROH matches I've seen, but I think his ECW matches so far have been pretty lackluster. He's getting by on reputation right now, rather than establishing anything.

Gotta admit, in a sick way, I'm enjoying this Big Show reign as champ. Sort of a big f*ck you to the fans, lmao.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Well..RVD would still be champ if he hadn't gotten busted for smoking weed while speeding....have you all seen the video of that? I can post it if not, it's pretty funny.

Ultra Peanut
09-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Jarrett hurts TNA with his mere presence, but there's so much to balance that out. It's amazing what they do with an hour every week, and it's shameful what RAW does with two. Smackdown has actually been pretty solid, of late, and ECW is doing pretty well, too.

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 11:25 PM
And I ****ing hate this whole Mike Knox/Test Bullshit, although it's kind of fun having Sandman and Dreamer feud with them.

This whole sandman vs. the teacher guy shtick looks lame a shit, though.

Ultra Peanut
09-16-2006, 11:26 PM
This whole sandman vs. the teacher guy shtick looks lame a shit, though.I hated Striker at first, but he cuts a damn fine heel promo.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Mike Knox is a Heyman project, he hand picked him out of their developmental territory for ECW.

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Well..RVD would still be champ if he hadn't gotten busted for smoking weed while speeding....have you all seen the video of that? I can post it if not, it's pretty funny.No, I never saw video of it.

I love the way they've pushed Sabu. Apparently McMahon loves him. Although putting him on the mic was the biggest f*ckup they could've done. Kind of ruins his mystique when you hear him talk and realize he's from Michigan, rofl.

Mecca
I hated Striker at first, but he cuts a damn fine heel promo.

He should be a manager....mainevent speaker but he doesn't have the look or the wrestling talent to make it there as a wrestler.

Ultra Peanut
I love the way they've pushed Sabu. Apparently McMahon loves him. Although putting him on the mic was the biggest f*ckup they could've done. Kind of ruins his mystique when you hear him talk and realize he's from Michigan, rofl."I'm Sabu."
"STOP TALKING!"

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:28 PM
No, I never saw video of it.

I love the way they've pushed Sabu. Apparently McMahon loves him. Although putting him on the mic was the biggest f*ckup they could've done. Kind of ruins his mystique when you hear him talk and realize he's from Michigan, rofl.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SCIo80CwDQo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SCIo80CwDQo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Best line is the cop "Do you always drive with your shirt off?" RVD answers "Well it was really hot."

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 11:29 PM
I was sooooo hoping last week that they'd put HHH and Michaels in as Hayman's guard stooges, and have them put Sabu over Big Show heading into the PPV. Having them pull the masks off and then get Sabu the belt would've been so much more entertaining than watching Sabu get squashed again.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:31 PM
It's really to bad Sabu didn't get this mainstream shot till he was 42, he should have gotten this shot 10 years ago.

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 11:33 PM
It's always a little surprising when you realize how old these guys are.

Reaper16
09-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Sabu is getting ring time in WWE? What time is ECW on? I need to get up to speed.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Sabu is getting ring time in WWE? What time is ECW on? I need to get up to speed.

Sci Fi 9 PM Tuesdays

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Sabu is getting ring time in WWE? What time is ECW on? I need to get up to speed.ECW's on at, ah, 10 pm Tuesdays IIRC. SciFi.

And he's been getting a ton of ring time.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:39 PM
It's always a little surprising when you realize how old these guys are.

I'll give you a one that's shocking the other way.....Rey Mysterio been around forever......he's 31, turned pro when he was 15 I believe.

Another note about him he's gotta be one tough as hell dude he's been wrestling on a blown out knee for 3 months he needs a major reconstructive knee surgery and is going to continue his angle before surgery. That's tough wrestling while needing that surgery.......to bad he'll be gone for 6-8 months pretty soon.

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 11:41 PM
I didn't realize he was only 31. I knew about his knee. I was really glad to see they gave him some well-deserved time as a main-eventer and belt-holder.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:43 PM
I know wrestling is "fake" and all that jazz but some of the things those guys wrestle with are insane. I can't imagine working on a blown knee for months. Sometimes I think the things those guys do put some "real" sports to shame so to speak.

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 11:45 PM
It constantly amazes me that so many of these guys come back from neck injuries and risk permanent paralysis on essentially a daily basis.

And while it may not be a 'real' sport in a competitive sense, it sure as hell is an athletic exhibition, at least during the pay per views.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:47 PM
It constantly amazes me that so many of these guys come back from neck injuries and risk permanent paralysis on essentially a daily basis.

And while it may not be a 'real' sport in a competitive sense, it sure as hell is an athletic exhibition, at least during the pay per views.

Kurt Angle got fired because he legit could die in the ring that's how screwed up he is.

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Kurt Angle got fired because he legit could die in the ring that's how screwed up he is.You heard about his last ECW match, where he really jacked himself up and just kept going. I don't remember the details, but he tore up a shitload of stuff.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:51 PM
You heard about his last ECW match, where he really jacked himself up and just kept going. I don't remember the details, but he tore up a shitload of stuff.

He tore his groin muscle.....then he compensated for it and tore part of one of his abdominals off his pelvis...Kurt Angle is frankly insane. He risks being in a wheelchair or dying by being in the ring. His neck is really really messed up, it's so bad he can't feel his hands most of the time. Not to mention he basically looks like a mutant now the guy is obsessed with being the best ever and doesn't know when to stop......

How can he wrestle with things like that.......I'd tell you a combo of roids, painkillers, adrenaline and a drive that is to high for his own good can do amazing things to a person......

I know he was told he had to go to rehab for his severe painkiller addiction and refused so that was probably part of his firing.

There's a list from Meltzer about all the serious shit that's wrong with him....let me find it.

Mecca
09-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Found the list..........

-: Angle's family had a history of heart disease

-: His head has grown immensely as a side effect of HGH.

-: Angle has been described as having physically aged 15 years in the past 5.

-: He has severe nerve damage in his face and he has had fluid drained from his left ear over 80 times. He has no hearing left in it whatsoever

-: He has had six knee surgeries and a broken neck.

-: He's ripped ligaments in his ankle, and he's dislocated his shoulder.

-: Angle trained for rougly 9 hours a day for the Olympics.

-: Angle was told years ago that he is risking paralysis by wrestling. Every time he gets in there he is risking it. Angle's reaction? He found a painkiller and carried on.

-: He is in non-stop pain all the time and struggles to get out of bed.

-: Many describe Angle as someone who simply doesn't have a stop button. He doesn't know when enough is enough.

-: He doesn't allow himself to think about quitting. He punches himself in the head if the thought even starts to flow through his head.

-: The nerve damage in his body is so bad that his triceps are basically non-existent.

-: Angle NEEDS surgery that WILL end his career. He is delaying it as long as he can

-: WWE officials used to call Angle's wife when they were worried about his health, because he REFUSED to let them know he was in pain.

-: Angle's wife told Angle that she would force him to stop if it got to the point where he was risking not being able to play with their daughter. She said that there comes a point where you have to stop. Angle's response? "I'll never stop!"

-: Angle is now divorced...

Demonpenz
09-16-2006, 11:59 PM
i was at the match where owen wilson died. tragic day indeed

Mecca
09-17-2006, 12:01 AM

It probably would have been better and more humane if it had been Owen Wilson.

Reaper16
09-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Jesus; Angle is f***ing insane.

Reaper16
09-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Me too. It really stunk not getting the PPV announcers feed in the building because we didn't know what was going on. I didn't see his impact, I guess I was looking down or away or something. I bet half the house didn't see him hit the ring.

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 06:28 AM
Pro Wrestling

:rolleyes: