09-17-2006, 02:13 AM
T-Rich

Joe Horn

RedDread
09-17-2006, 02:35 AM
Donnie Edwards

grandllamajr
09-17-2006, 03:02 AM
how about derrick thomas..... O wait god took him and god doesnt return his players damn

R.I.P. Derrick Thomas

Deberg_1990
09-17-2006, 03:04 AM
John Tait

grandllamajr
09-17-2006, 03:06 AM
yeah john tait would be nice

i got one better though Marty S.

RedandGold
09-17-2006, 04:59 AM
John Tait would definitely be a good one.

Considering our DT situation, I wouldn't mind having Keith Traylor back to add to the rotation. Heck, I wouldn't even mind having Terdell Sands back at this point.

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 05:00 AM
That OL that was claimed off waivers by Indy

NaptownChief
09-17-2006, 05:53 AM
Not that many really over the years...The players we keep and the players we let go have a lot in common....most of them haven't been very good.

Tait is certainly better than what we have now but he was paid far more than he was worth. So letting him go wasn't a bad decision assuming you have a smart GM that had a back up plan...Unfortunately that isn't/wasn't the case.

Donnie Edwards and Joe Horn are the only ones that really stands out that we let go and obviously should have kept. Keith Traylor probably should be on the list...The guy doesn't stay long with any team, probably cause of his weight and they expect him to regress, yet he keeps playing well everywhere he goes.

milkman
09-17-2006, 06:09 AM
Not that many really over the years...The players we keep and the players we let go have a lot in common....most of them haven't been very good.

Tait is certainly better than what we have now but he was paid far more than he was worth. So letting him go wasn't a bad decision assuming you have a smart GM that had a back up plan...Unfortunately that isn't/wasn't the case.

Donnie Edwards and Joe Horn are the only ones that really stands out that we let go and obviously should have kept. Keith Traylor probably should be on the list...The guy doesn't stay long with any team, probably cause of his weight and they expect him to regress, yet he keeps playing well everywhere he goes.

What, no Eric Downing?

MichaelH
09-17-2006, 06:10 AM
Right now, Todd Collins. And John Taint.

milkman
09-17-2006, 06:10 AM
That OL that is Indy

Ryan Lillja?

I don't think we ever had the entire Indy OL.

NaptownChief
09-17-2006, 06:17 AM
Ryan Lillja?

I don't think we ever had the entire Indy OL.

And he is certainly no world beater...They cut him at the end of last year only to bring him back...He was out there and free to be signed by anyone that wanted him just a few months ago.

And keep in mind the Colts OL isn't very good. Manning's vast knowledge of his offense and his opponentís defense along with his ability to make adjustments at the line and keep them out of bad plays is what keeps the Colts QB off his back.

Despite having a 4,000 yard passing offense that stretches defenses they still don't run the ball very well. That will give you a good indication about how good that line really is. James only averaged 4.2 yards and was horrible in short yardage situations behind that line despite having that passing game to open things up.

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 06:21 AM
And he is certainly no world beater...They cut him at the end of last year only to bring him back...He was out there and free to be signed by anyone that wanted him just a few months ago.

And keep in mind the Colts OL isn't very good. Manning's vast knowledge of his offense and his opponentís defense along with his ability to make adjustments at the line and keep them out of bad plays is what keeps the Colts QB off his back.

Despite having a 4,000 yard passing offense that stretches defenses they still don't run the ball very well. That will give you a good indication about how good that line really is. James only averaged 4.2 yards and was horrible in short yardage situations behind that line despite having that passing game to open things up.

Yeah, but, would ya trade I-65 for him?

NaptownChief
09-17-2006, 06:24 AM
Yeah, but, would ya trade I-65 for him?

I would trade I-65 for a couple used duffle bags and jock straps.

milkman
09-17-2006, 06:28 AM

I thought the news that Lillja was released turned out to be a false report.
But that is neither here nor there (whatever the hell that means).
I was just asking if runnercyclist was referring to him, and joking about his wording.

dtebbe
09-17-2006, 08:48 AM
T-Rich

Joe Horn

Funny, those were my top two as well. Donnie Edwards would sure be an upgrade over Bell too. And although overpriced, we'd be in much better shape if Tait was still on the roster.

DT

dtebbe
09-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Keith Traylor probably should be on the list...The guy doesn't stay long with any team, probably cause of his weight and they expect him to regress, yet he keeps playing well everywhere he goes.

Traylor is amazing. I saw him playing for Miami, and he was just an animal inside. Having Jason Taylor on the outside helps, but he would be a huge upgrade over anyone we have inside. At least he plays consistant.

DT

milkman
09-17-2006, 08:52 AM
Funny, those were my top two as well. Donnie Edwards would sure be an upgrade over Bell too. And although overpriced, we'd be in much better shape if Tait was still on the roster.

DT

Key Fox would be upgrade over Bell.
Someone just needs to beat some sense into Gunt.

His pride is hurting this team.

SCTrojan
09-17-2006, 09:51 AM
John Tait

That would be a great one at this point. I also agree with the Donnie Edwards viewpoint.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2006, 09:56 AM
That would be a great one at this point. I also agree with the Donnie Edwards viewpoint.

Yea its too bad we had to let him go. A former #1 pick that we developed that was coming into his prime as he left. YOu hate to see guys like that leave. I do understand why he left. Football is a business and he was just trying to get te most $$$ he could.

Hydrae
09-17-2006, 11:06 AM
At this point, I am happy with our LBers so would not care either way in regards to Edwards. Now when we let him get away, it was a huge mistake. But now, eh.

Lilja was actually my first thought. Totally agree with T-Rich, that was another mistake like Donnie. Tait is not nor was not worth his price, I have no problem with him gone.

I would love for us to have a Traylor or even Terd so we could go 3-4 and take advantage of the depth we have at LB. That is our best, deepest position on the team, a 3-4 would allow us to put teh best football players on the field at once.

Mr. Laz
09-17-2006, 11:15 AM
I thought the news that Lillja was released turned out to be a false report..
it was ...... Lilja wasn't cut

John_Locke
09-17-2006, 01:24 PM
how about derrick thomas..... O wait god took him and god doesnt return his players damn

R.I.P. Derrick Thomas

um I said Currently playing in NFL

of course we all would love to have Derrick back, but he would probably be retired now anyway. ;(

ArrowheadHawk
09-17-2006, 01:27 PM
joe horn would be my numbder one choice

whoman69
09-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but my top right now would be Todd Collins. I have no idea how Huard stayed in this league for 10 years not being able to throw farther than 10 yards downfield.

KCChiefsFan88
09-17-2006, 07:03 PM
John Tait, T-Rich and Todd Collins