PDA

View Full Version : CJ Online with an unsettling revelation about the bootleg.

Count Zarth
09-17-2006, 02:13 AM
Good lord. Gunther's a ****ing moron.

It's Broncos Week, which means it's Bootleg Week.

The play that has infamously confounded the Chiefs in seasons past was again a major topic in the week leading to today's game.

The difference this time, Chiefs players said, is the team spent an entire practice session working on stopping the bootleg.

"We never stressed it before," defensive tackle Ryan Sims said. "The key to the bootleg is just recognizing it."

Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen said the difficulty in stopping the bootleg lies in the tricky zone blocking techniques Denver uses, which tempt defensive ends to crash inside to take away cutback lanes.

"It's just how they run it," he said. "Their offensive line is so flat -- their run and bootleg are so similar, you're so worried about the run that the boot opens up more."

elvomito
09-17-2006, 02:22 AM
coming from Sims, i'd bet he just wasn't paying attention those days or he was sleeping through film study

maybe the extra practice will pay off

Bootlegged
09-17-2006, 04:11 AM
Not good.

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 05:00 AM
Wow. Practice against a key play of your opponents - I like it.

MichaelH
09-17-2006, 06:14 AM
the team spent an entire practice session working on stopping the bootleg.

Brilliant! Except what if they abandon the bootleg out of fear? :shake:

Bowser
09-17-2006, 08:02 AM
But Herm already told us in preseason that we know how to stop the boot.

And I don't think the Rams were all that impressed with Denver's bootleg plays.

DJ's left nut
09-17-2006, 08:15 AM
They'll just audible to it anytime they see Hicks on the field.

Bowser
09-17-2006, 08:15 AM

I know I would.

4th and Long
09-17-2006, 08:23 AM
This is the only kind of bootleg I wanna see today.

http://www.racingblonde.co.uk/wsc76553311/big/7577a.jpg

Otter
09-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Maybe Bell could actually get a tackle if Herm sends him out there with the soul responsibility of spying Plummer.

Probably wouldn't miss him too much on the other plays.

Skip Towne
09-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Exactly. So we can control when they run it. Just put Hicks in and be ready for it. The only problem would be that we would have Hicks on the field.

JBucc
09-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Why don't we just have a linebacker be a QB spy? That would end all this bootleg shit regardless of Hicks. I'd have Bell do it since he isn't good at anything else.

edit: I guess Otter already said that. He's a smart one that Otter

Bowser
09-17-2006, 08:36 AM
Why don't we just have a linebacker be a QB spy? That would end all this bootleg shit regardless of Hicks. I'd have Bell do it since he isn't good at anything else.

But then he'd have to earn his paycheck, and from what I've seen, he's not "down" with that.

milkman
09-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Maybe Bell could actually get a tackle if Herm sends him out there with the soul responsibility of spying Plummer.

You believe in Santa Claus, don't you?

Coach
09-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Just make sure that someone is containing the backside, instead of having to crash in.

DJ's left nut
09-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Wait, Hicks doesn't play special teams does he?

Now I'm all nervous that they'd audible to it from punt formation. The punter would probably get 30-40 yards out of it before the light bulb went on in Hicks' head: "Y'know....I don't think he's going to punt afterall..."

Ah crap.

Chieftain58
09-17-2006, 09:48 AM
We'll still get burned on the bootleg

Kerberos
09-17-2006, 12:29 PM
We'll still get burned on the bootleg

Ya know.... I don't mind getting burned once or twice on a bootleg but IIRC we got burned like 5 or 6 times IN A ROW with plummer last year at arrowhead as well as Incesto.

Not just 5 or 6 times total. We got burned play after play when they ran it. If we can stop it 80% of the time we will only get burned 1-3 times. I am willing to settle for that since I know deep down we won't stop it totally.

:shake: