PDA

View Full Version : Who do I start in FFL?

DJay23
09-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Looking for some wisdom here. Dont' know who I want to start today at a RB and WR spot. My lineup:

QB - Bulger
RB - S. Jackson
RB - ?
WR - Chambers
WR - A. Johnson
WR - ?
TE - Gates
K - Akers
D - Cincinnati

For the RB spot I have:

1. C. Williams: Horrible game last week. Travelling to Atlanta. Falcons have injuries on D, but still a decent defense at home. Williams and the Bucs ran all over them in last meeting, but are missing starting guards today. Williams has been limited in practice with back spasms.

2. C. Taylor: Workhorse RB for the Vikes now. Had decent game last week versus Washington. Plays Carolina at home today.

3. C. Dillon: Splitting time with Maroney. Maroney had more yards last week. NE should beat up on the Jets D, at the goal line, does Dillon still get the carry? Will he get the carries otherwise?

For the WR spot I have:

1. D. Mason: Going against a pathetic Oakland defense at home today. Will they need to go to Mason or will they run all over the Raiders?

2. A. Bryant: Niners will most likely be trailing the Rams today. Could be a shootout like last week. Has a good raport with Smith. Rams D was solid last week. Was that a fluke or was that the usual Denver stink job in week 1?

3. E. Wilford: Not an option. Steelers D too good, Wilford to minimal an option.

milkman
09-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Looking for some wisdom here. Dont' know who I want to start today at a RB and WR spot. My lineup:

QB - Bulger
RB - S. Jackson
RB - ?
WR - Chambers
WR - A. Johnson
WR - ?
TE - Gates
K - Akers
D - Cincinnati

For the RB spot I have:

1. C. Williams: Horrible game last week. Travelling to Atlanta. Falcons have injuries on D, but still a decent defense at home. Williams and the Bucs ran all over them in last meeting, but are missing starting guards today. Williams has been limited in practice with back spasms.

2. C. Taylor: Workhorse RB for the Vikes now. Had decent game last week versus Washington. Plays Carolina at home today.

3. C. Dillon: Splitting time with Maroney. Maroney had more yards last week. NE should beat up on the Jets D, at the goal line, does Dillon still get the carry? Will he get the carries otherwise?

For the WR spot I have:

1. D. Mason: Going against a pathetic Oakland defense at home today. Will they need to go to Mason or will they run all over the Raiders?

2. A. Bryant: Niners will most likely be trailing the Rams today. Could be a shootout like last week. Has a good raport with Smith. Rams D was solid last week. Was that a fluke or was that the usual Denver stink job in week 1?

3. E. Wilford: Not an option. Steelers D too good, Wilford to minimal an option.

I don't play FF, but here are my thoughts, for what they're worth.

The Panthers D didn't play well against the Falcons, but they are too good to play poorly a second week in a row.
John Fox and Mike Trkovac will have them fired up today, and I would expect them to shut down the Vikings offense, and specifically Taylor.

Williams, after his first five or six games last season hasn't produced consistently, and if I were playying FF, I would only start him if I had no other options.

Which leaves you with Dillon.
He's on the downside of his career, but he loooks like the guy with the best chance to produce any results today.

Mason will probably get some work, but as you suggested, the Ravens will probably put the ball in Lewis hands a lot, which will limit Mason's opportunities.

I'm not big fan of Leftwich, and the Steelers D will bring it, so you're right, Wifford isn't an option.

The question is, will Smith get enough time in the pocket to get the ball out?
The Rams and Niners will either be a Rams blowout, or a shootout, if the Rams can't get to Smith.

Mason might be the safe play, but Bryant could be a good gamble.

NJ Chief Fan
09-17-2006, 08:35 AM
cadillac n bryant

DJay23
09-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Thanks

Otter
09-17-2006, 09:23 AM
I'd go Taylor & Bryant, if the game was in Carolina I'd avoid it like the plauge however.

4th and Long
09-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Why do people join FFLs and then come beg for help?

KevB
09-17-2006, 09:29 AM
I'd go Taylor and Mason. Taylor will get all the carries, including goal line. Dillon shares carries and Caddy is dealing with back spasms.

Mason will be McNair's go to guy, and the Raiders are terrible. Easy choices IMO.

milkman
09-17-2006, 09:33 AM

Why not.

Anyone that thinks they have all the answers is an idiot.

The person asking for advise still has to make the final decision.

Nzoner
09-17-2006, 09:38 AM

Because if you fock up you can blame others.

4th and Long
09-17-2006, 09:40 AM
Why not.

Anyone that thinks they have all the answers is an idiot.

The person asking for advise still has to make the final decision.
Because if you fock up you can blame others.
One of you has it right. Uh-haw-haw-haw-haw. :D