PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate Hermie Ball

cdcox
09-17-2006, 06:15 PM
First, credit to Herm and his staff for putting a legitimate defense on the field, and keeping us in a game that on paper we had no business being in.

Still, it makes me sick to my stomach to win 3 quarters of the game and end up losing the whole thing. Itís just so predictable. We will see it time and time again. Why does it happen? Because you donít take advantage of the situation when things are going your way. Instead you let a team hang around for 3 quarters and they end up stealing it. One thing doesnít go your way and you risk everything. One funny batted ball that the QB fumbles. One bogus penalty. One breakdown in the defense and all your hard work goes for nothing.

Why canít we have a good defense and an aggressive attitude toward winning a game when you can at the same time? Are they mutually exclusive?

chop
09-17-2006, 06:20 PM
I totally agree with you. I don't understand why we can't have both. The offense today was so predictable that it made me sick. I loved the defensive effort. It was great to watch but the offense did nothing to help the defense.

|Zach|
09-17-2006, 06:21 PM
I think this was more so execution...we couldn't get the ball downfield.

OldTownChief
09-17-2006, 06:22 PM
No line, No QB = No choice.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Once again: it's the pinacle of ****ing stupidity to blame Herm for Roaf retiring and Green going down.

Our b/u is not capable of managing a game and he's got no time to throw. THAT is why we lost.

Demonpenz
09-17-2006, 06:24 PM
someone from the media needs to ask him why he plays not too loose

Mecca
09-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Apparently people want Huard chucking the ball around the field. Be my guest I'd rather not see that.

cdcox

We very seldom tried under circumstances that would have likely been successful. On first down, you play-action pass, you keep 7 in for protection and send 3 into a deep pattern. Worked to Kennsion on the fake reverse. We didn't do that enough. Just 2 or 3 more plays like that would have made a difference, because Denver could not overplay the run and short pass like they did in the 2nd half.

dirk digler
I am glad someone else started this thread instead of me. I totally agree. The conserative play calling cost us this game.

chop

I don't think they even tried to go downfield.

Demonpenz
09-17-2006, 06:27 PM
what song by alice in chains is fast and goes whew hoo hOOO! at the end?

Wallcrawler
09-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Playing for THREE POINTS will never win a superbowl championship. Period.

I understand there's no Trent Green, but youve got to be able to throw the ball downfield at some point. If Herm didnt trust Huard, he should have went with Croyle. This run 3 straight downs and punt or kick a FG is bullshit.

Down there in the redzone, it became very clear that Herm was just playing to guarantee 3 points. If Johnson could run it in, thats how we would get our 7 points.

Gonzalez got 2 passes for 7 yards today. Huard looked good on most of his throws. They simply played too conservatively and Denver was able to come back.

Typical Martyball game here.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Apparently people want Huard chucking the ball around the field. Be my guest I'd rather not see that.

Agreed...

Reaper16
09-17-2006, 06:29 PM
I think the offensive gameplan was okay, we were able to move the ball some. Aside from the obvious turnovers that killed potential scoring drives, I think the playcalling was a big detriment. That sweep-toss play worked once, but we must have ran it around 10 times. We got much more yardage running up the gut. It wasn't that we played conservatively, it was how we did it, and the execution of the plays called.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2006, 06:30 PM
I don't think they even tried to go downfield.

I think they tried a few times but Huard simply had no time. Our tackles and overall protection suck. Thats not Herms fault. His hands are tied. The game plan was solid and would have worked of not for an LJ fumble (gave away 3 points) and Huard fumbling (might have given away another 3 points because we were driving)

Tuckdaddy
09-17-2006, 06:31 PM
agree more. 3 minutes to go and we played just to get to OT. LJ LJ LJ and punt. Draw play was a good idea but you need to pass to get there with almost no time left.

WAY TO CONSERVATIVE ALL DAY.

suds79
09-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Harm ball or DV ball.

The bottomline with the NFL is that when you turn the ball over, you lose.

We turned it over twice to their one time.

That's what cost us the game in week 1 and that's what cost us the game in week 2.

We've got to stop turning the ball over.

Overall, a really good effort in Denver with a backup QB. Just not quite good enough.

Marco Polo
09-17-2006, 06:33 PM
When there is 3:00 to go in the game and all you do is run, you have no good reason to win the game. This was all do to pathetic playcalling. Do some WR screens that worked, do some play action. Not LJ up the middle two plays in a row which forces the third and long pass. It's far too predictable. My 10-year old nephew could do better.

beer bacon
09-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Playing for THREE POINTS will never win a superbowl championship. Period.

I understand there's no Trent Green, but youve got to be able to throw the ball downfield at some point. If Herm didnt trust Huard, he should have went with Croyle. This run 3 straight downs and punt or kick a FG is bullshit.

Down there in the redzone, it became very clear that Herm was just playing to guarantee 3 points. If Johnson could run it in, thats how we would get our 7 points.

Gonzalez got 2 passes for 7 yards today. Huard looked good on most of his throws. They simply played too conservatively and Denver was able to come back.

Typical Martyball game here.

Take a wild guess on why Huard looked good today.

Archie F. Swin
09-17-2006, 06:34 PM
I can't help but think about the coulda-woulda on the drive that ended with LJs fumble. Holding the Browncows to 9 at home is a fukcing gift wrapped present to our offense.

cdcox
09-17-2006, 06:34 PM
The sad thing is, that even with Green back, we will still lose games that we fail to put away when we had the advantage. We've all seen this too many times. You have to beat a team when you are beating them.

Mecca
09-17-2006, 06:36 PM
I love how Herms gameplan that actually kept us in the game with a horrific backup QB and no LT is actually being ripped on.......and people called me stupid.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Harm ball or DV ball.

The bottomline with the NFL is that when you turn the ball over, you lose.

We turned it over twice to their one time.

That's what cost us the game in week 1 and that's what cost us the game in week 2.

We've got to stop turning the ball over.

Exactly.

And call me foolish but I don't see how going downfield more with Huard is going to REDUCE our turnovers. Huard didn't have any time to throw when we only had 5 blocking.

YOU HAVE TO HAVE TIME TO THROW DEEP...

Mecca
09-17-2006, 06:39 PM
agree more. 3 minutes to go and we played just to get to OT. LJ LJ LJ and punt. Draw play was a good idea but you need to pass to get there with almost no time left.

WAY TO CONSERVATIVE ALL DAY.

Wanna open it up with Huard back there? I could just imagine if they had and he threw a pick that got run back for a TD or let Denver win in regulation. There would be threads all over this board about "how stupid is Herm for letting Huard passed he wasted our defensive performace." I don't think Herm was in a win situation here either way the way you guys are acting about this.

It's Damon Huard chill out, the Chiefs can not call a normal game with him in there it won't work.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 06:39 PM
I love how Herms gameplan that actually kept us in the game with a horrific backup QB and no LT is actually being ripped on.......and people called me stupid.

You are stupid, but you're exactly right this time.

Planeteers just like to bitch. Any time, after win or loss, for any reason.

Raiderhader
09-17-2006, 06:40 PM

The field goal at the end of the half would suggest it was more than just execution, or lack thereof.

Mecca
09-17-2006, 06:41 PM
There's alot of stupid fans.......and remember I'm not that bad.....

cdcox
09-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Heck, I called for almost the exactly same game plan all week. Except, I thought we needed to go down field a few times under ideal conditions (first down, play action pass, maximum protection, with help for both tackles) to keep the defense honest. They were jumping every slant and shutting down the run by the end of the game.

Even then, the 2 minute offense at the end of the game -- that is where you have to take some guareded risks at getting into FG range.

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't mind how we ran the ball for the most part but when we had chances we didn't take them

Rausch
09-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Heck, I called for almost the exactly same game plan all week. Except, I thought we needed to go down field a few times under ideal conditions (first down, play action pass, maximum protection, with help for both tackles) to keep the defense honest. They were jumping every slant and shutting down the run by the end of the game.

Even then, the 2 minute offense at the end of the game -- that is where you have to take some guareded risks at getting into FG range.

IF LJ doesn't fumble the ball in field goal range we win, Herm's a jeansyes, and there's less crotch bleeding...

Thig Lyfe
09-17-2006, 06:48 PM
The defense was actually fun to watch. It's weird to say that.

But blaming Herm does not automatically mean that you wanted Huard to air it out. They didn't go for those medium passes in situations that needed them, such as the 3rd and 6 where LJ ended up fumbling. It's almost like Herm was already satisfied with 3 but ended up getting nothing.

htismaqe
09-17-2006, 06:48 PM
The field goal at the end of the half was the DIRECT result of Damon Huard using our 3rd and final timeout instead of doing what he was supposed to do.

In the 2nd half at one point, Herm had to RUN ONTO THE FIELD to get a timeout because our players were just STANDING THERE.

Tuckdaddy
09-17-2006, 06:51 PM
We didn't even throw the ball in the end zone at all. Never even tried to hit a big play. That's what sucks the most.

chief2000
09-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Agreed...

Your a loser puss*

You throw the ball into the endzone. You try to win.

Raiderhader
09-17-2006, 06:53 PM
The field goal at the end of the half was the DIRECT result of Damon Huard using our 3rd and final timeout instead of doing what he was supposed to do.

In the 2nd half at one point, Herm had to RUN ONTO THE FIELD to get a timeout because our players were just STANDING THERE.

I don't disagree that Huard screwed the pooch on there, but so did Herm. Take the shot, at worst you don't get the TD and go into the half tied. At best, you get 7 and really put the pressure on Jake.

dirk digler

Yep Herm's clock management was on display today and it wasn't very good

Sure-Oz
I think everyones just shittin bricks cuz we actually were in this game. We have a defense, im thinkin once trent gets back we may have our offense back. We should beat SF, and btw, Denver isn't that good right now...

Mecca
09-17-2006, 06:54 PM
We should let you guys call the game, when Huard throws 4 INT's and we get blown out you can feel satisfied.

cdcox
IF LJ doesn't fumble the ball in field goal range we win, Herm's a jeansyes, and there's less crotch bleeding...

But bad crap always happens. It's football. You have to have a plan that can be successful even when bad crap happens. Because it will. It always does. Hermie and Marty always want to shave the margin between victory and loss finer and finer until a single mistake is fatal.

Rausch
Your a loser puss*

You throw the ball into the endzone. You try to win.

And YOU'RE a ****ing i-dot.

YOU DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER and you win. That simple.

KCinNY
09-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Well, I don't hate Hermie Ball....yet.

But, I get the strange feeling that every time the Chiefs get 1st and Goal, Herm's first thought is "LET'S GET THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

TN_Chief
There's a big difference between "airing it out with Huard" and letting the Broncos know you're not afraid to put it in the air. I don't think anyone believes that Huard should have been out there chucking 50yd. bombs and throwing 40 times. But if you've got a QB that you're afraid (that's how it looked to me) to let throw, then you've got no business playing that guy.

I just can't believe that the defense finally looks like they know what they're doing (with the exception of OT), but our offense is falling apart. Unreal.

Rausch
But bad crap always happens. It's football. You have to have a plan that can be successful even when bad crap happens.

There's no gameplan that allows for turnovers and missed opportunities yet allows a win.

You can't **** up in the red zone. Period. Doesn't matter if you're throwing or running or kicking.

We left points on the field not because of the play that was called, it was the execution of the play.

cdcox
09-17-2006, 06:57 PM
We should let you guys call the game, when Huard throws 4 INT's and we get blown out you can feel satisfied.

If you're referring to me you don't read very well. I'm calling for 4 more downfield passes under optimum conditions. I doubt Huard throws picks on all 4 of those.

Mecca
09-17-2006, 06:58 PM
If you're referring to me you don't read very well. I'm calling for 4 more downfield passes under optimum conditions. I doubt Huard throws picks on all 4 of those.

It wasn't in reference to you........

ChiefsCountry
Chiefs had the right game plan, played pretty well considering the cirumstances. Yes we got conservative but hell I dont want to see Huard chucking it down the field.

CHENZ A!
sorry, but this thread is probably one of the most ignorant I've seen. The "conservative" play calling, and our defense is what kept us in the game, our offense helped our defense tremendously by running tons of clock.

Also, as for the timeout at the end of the first half, the guys on TV said the play clock was running out.

If you have to blame someone, just blame the whole team, because no ONE person stepped up to make the game turning play, but other than that the entire team played fairly solid, in a hostile environment, missing our team MVP.

I don't feel that we made that many more mistakes than they did in D/O/ or ST. In the end, the game came down to a coin toss.

I'm pissed off, just as I am after every loss, but I'd much rather lose playing "Hermie ball" or "Marty ball" or whatever, then the soft ass "Pussy ball" that we played under Vermeil.

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 06:59 PM

I think the play calling early in the game was very good just so they could let Huard get into the feel of the game and get comfortable.

After that we should opened it up a little more, not a whole lot but let him take some shots down the field.

The funny thing is Huard threw 1 more pass than Plummer so I don't know what the says about Plummer.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
D. Huard 17/23 133 5.8 0 0

Denver Passing
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
J. Plummer 16/30 173 5.8 0 1

Rausch
09-17-2006, 07:00 PM

It's possible he could have thrown 4 td's, there's no way of knowing.

What we do know for a fact is that our tackles played like shit and we absolutely had to keep in 6 or 7 to block. Leaving only 5 to block is exactly why Huard is playing now...

cdcox
09-17-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm pissed off, just as I am after every loss, but I'd much rather lose playing "Hermie ball" or "Marty ball" or whatever, then the soft ass "Pussy ball" that we played under Vermeil.

Why do we have to pick between these two options? I'm sick of both.

Mecca
09-17-2006, 07:03 PM
I think the play calling early in the game was very good just so they could let Huard get into the feel of the game and get comfortable.

After that we should opened it up a little more, not a whole lot but let him take some shots down the field.

The funny thing is Huard threw 1 more pass than Plummer so I don't know what the says about Plummer.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
D. Huard 17/23 133 5.8 0 0

Denver Passing
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
J. Plummer 16/30 173 5.8 0 1

The Broncos ran in several passing situations.........Shanahan looked like he had about as much confidence in Jake as Herm did in Huard.

RedandGold
09-17-2006, 07:04 PM
There's no gameplan that allows for turnovers and missed opportunities yet allows a win.

You can't **** up in the red zone. Period. Doesn't matter if you're throwing or running or kicking.

We left points on the field not because of the play that was called, it was the execution of the play.

Well stated. :thumb:

cdcox
09-17-2006, 07:06 PM

What we do know for a fact is that our tackles played like shit and we absolutely had to keep in 6 or 7 to block. Leaving only 5 to block is exactly why Huard is playing now...

Agreed about keeping 6 or 7 into block on downfield plays. Absolutely. Do it on first down or 2nd down, when they are expecting us to run. Mix in play action. If the guy is open go for it. If not dump it.

CHENZ A!
09-17-2006, 07:08 PM
I don't disagree that Huard screwed the pooch on there, but so did Herm. Take the shot, at worst you don't get the TD and go into the half tied. At best, you get 7 and really put the pressure on Jake.

Wow, to take points off the board anytime, let alone the first half of a road game is just idiotic.

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 07:09 PM
The Broncos ran in several passing situations.........Shanahan looked like he had about as much confidence in Jake as Herm did in Huard.

Yep. I just wanted them to let Huard throw just a few more passes and try to get a TD.

What I don't understand is why the play action isn't working for this team. This is what we need to get going to be more succesful passing the ball.

whoman69
09-17-2006, 07:09 PM
The difference between Hermie Ball and Marty Ball is that Marty established his defense on a team that didn't really have an offense. We have stifled our offense to fit within a strategy. The problem with that strategy is it keeps good opponents in the game. Marty has shown how effective the strategy is in the playoffs. We play games not to lose instead of playing to win. We didn't even try to put the ball in the end zone today. We dominated and let them back into it. Remember that for those who were watching pre-Vermeil?

Guru
09-17-2006, 07:10 PM

Zach, we didn't even try to get the ball downfield.

Mecca
09-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Yep. I just wanted them to let Huard throw just a few more passes and try to get a TD.

What I don't understand is why the play action isn't working for this team. This is what we need to get going to be more succesful passing the ball.

Because the line can't even block long enough for play action to work, Kyle Turley is far worse than even I thought he was.

Raiderhader
09-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Wow, to take points off the board anytime, let alone the first half of a road game is just idiotic.

No, playing for a tie on the road is idiotic.

At home you go for the tie, on the road you for the win.

We could have scored a TD there.

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Because the line can't even block long enough for play action to work, Kyle Turley is far worse than even I thought he was.

That is some of it but the Chiefs only attempted IIRC 1 screen and that was to Bennett. If you want to slow the pass rush you need to run more screens, draws, and play action passes.

CHENZ A!
09-17-2006, 07:21 PM

dude, IT WAS THE FIRST HALF, that is like a cardinal rule of winning football strategy to not take points off the board in the first half. I'm not trying to be rude, but this seems very elementary to me.

Mecca
09-17-2006, 07:22 PM
That is some of it but the Chiefs only attempted IIRC 1 screen and that was to Bennett. If you want to slow the pass rush you need to run more screens, draws, and play action passes.

I just don't think we have the personel to have an any better than ok offense right. They should do more with Green than they did with Huard....but I think Huard cut his leash shorter when he fumbled the ball faking the reverse and handing it to LJ.

Ugly Duck
09-17-2006, 07:23 PM
The game plan was solid

Thats what NFL.com sez:

"Kansas City (0-2) lost despite an impeccable game plan."

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20060917_KC@DEN

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2006, 07:24 PM
dude, IT WAS THE FIRST HALF, that is like a cardinal rule of winning football strategy to not take points off the board in the first half. I'm not trying to be rude, but this seems very elementary to me.

show me where you are taking points OFF THE BOARD by throwing a fade route into the end zone to a 6'4" target, because I'd like to see it. There is no chance that Huard gets sacked on that play unless he fumbles the snap. The odds are much greater that you score 7 then you don't score 3. That's losing football right there.

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 07:26 PM
I just don't think we have the personel to have an any better than ok offense right. They should do more with Green than they did with Huard....but I think Huard cut his leash shorter when he fumbled the ball faking the reverse and handing it to LJ.

The last 5 years this team was a great screen team. For some reason it has disappeared.

Surely the loss of Roaf wouldn't take away the screen play.

htismaqe
09-17-2006, 07:28 PM

Or we could have thrown a pick 6 and put the game out of reach in the 1st half like Jesus Saunders used to do at Mile High...

grandllama
09-17-2006, 07:30 PM

'zactly Brad, and as long as this POS is our head coach, we'll never know.. .whether it is Huard, Greene, Printers, Croyle or Peyton F*cking Manning... we'll never get the opportunity to discover what the quarterback is capable of. When you play not to loose... you f*cking loose.

No different than those infamous 'Prevent' defenses under Marty.

In nine short months, Herm has castrated a once great offense. Granted Willie retired, Trent is on another planet, and everybody else is older. I find it hard to believe that in one year a powerful offense has been reduced to averaging 8pts a game because of age.

Herm's grand offensive plan...Run LJ left, Run LJ Right, Run Bennet up the middle, let Colquit punt or if LJ actually gets a decent run or two, let Tynes kick.

At least Marty had enough creativity to throw in a play action pass somewhere.

Mecca
The last 5 years this team was a great screen team. For some reason it has disappeared.

I don't think these Tackles move near as well.....also Richardson is gone.

Rausch
If you "take your chances downfield" with a QB that hasn't started a game in 8 years, exactly what do you figure the chances are?

I agree about the playaction. One of those 3rd and shorts we should have at least tried a deep playaction route (like the long bomb to Kennison back in the Green Bay game) but I don't think we should have had Huard dropping back to pass more...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Or we could have thrown a pick 6 and put the game out of reach in the 1st half like Jesus Saunders used to do at Mile High...

Jesus Christ, could you be any more of an apologist for this Clown Shoes wearing motherf*cker? If you like to blame the players so much, then how about this one, WE HAVE GOOD DEFENSIVE PLAYERS!! You act like we still have the '02-05 defense...we don't. We have a good linebacking corps, and good corners, with solid end play and mediocre tackles. We tackled very well today, but even with that being said, Edwards was still too much of a chickenshit to try and outcoach the other guy. He just hoped that his Woody Hayes offense would work. Well it may when you are playing Wayne State, but this is the NFL. You have to mix it up on 1st and 2nd down or you will get stopped. And that's what happened to us, and despite the fact that we still could have won, he put the brakes on our offense at every stop, eventually causing it to go in reverse.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 07:33 PM
'zactly Brad, and as long as this POS is our head coach, we'll never know.. .whether it is Huard, Greene, Printers, Croyle or Peyton F*cking Manning... we'll never get the opportunity to discover what the quarterback is capable of. When you play not to loose... you f*cking loose.

There's a huge difference between doing this with Green and doing this with a qb that hasn't started a game in God knows how many years.

And lets not forget the fact that this gameplan would have WON if LJ would start protecting the ball with BOTH HANDS...

LJ has fumbled in two straight games but everyone forgets that.
Huard has fumbled in two straight games but everyone forgets that.

You can't spot a team two turnovers and expect to win...

Rausch
09-17-2006, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE='Hamas' Jenkins]Jesus Christ, could you be any more of an apologist for this Clown Shoes wearing motherf*cker? If you like to blame the players so much, then how about this one, WE HAVE GOOD DEFENSIVE PLAYERS!! /QUOTE]

How about this one: LJ fumbled away at least 3 pts.
Huard made a ****ing MORONIC play catching his own pass. Let it fall. Then he fumbled it.
An unbelievably stupid illegal block (flat out dirty) during the return in the 4th when Dante gave us great field position.

This team's problem is DISCIPLINE and CONCENTRATION, not playcalling.

Herm should be held accountable for that...

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 07:38 PM

In nine short months, Herm has castrated a once great offense. Granted Willie retired, Trent is on another planet, and everybody else is older. I find it hard to believe that in one year a powerful offense has been reduced to averaging 8pts a game because of age.

Herm's grand offensive plan...Run LJ left, Run LJ Right, Run Bennet up the middle, let Colquit punt or if LJ actually gets a decent run or two, let Tynes kick.

At least Marty had enough creativity to throw in a play action pass somewhere.

The Raiders went from SuperBowl with a very good offense to a very sucky old offense in 1 year. That was just what 3-4 yrs ago?

KCChiefsFan88
09-17-2006, 07:39 PM
People, People... we had freaking DAMON HUARD, a third-string caliber (and that is being generous) QB under center today. I'm as anti-Herm/Martyball as there is, but do you really think the Chiefs best chances at winning the game were with Huard winging it up and down the field?

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 07:40 PM
I don't think these Tackles move near as well.....also Richardson is gone.

I can't imagine that. Turley is 270 and teams wanted him to play TE. Roaf looked like he was hurting ever time he took a step.

T Rich being gone shouldn't be a reason they have only tried 1 screen in 2 games.

I just don't get it.

Lbedrock1
09-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Ok you got your wish and he wasn't chucking the ball around the field, what was the end result? Sooner or later if he is starting he will have to be trusted to throw down the field or all other teams will do is stack the line and force him to throw.

KCChiefsFan88
09-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Ok you got your wish and he wasn't chucking the ball around the field, what was the end result? Sooner or later if he is starting he will have to be trusted to throw down the field or all other teams will do is stack the line and force him to throw.

If Damon Huard is chucking the ball down the field, you are looking at multiple INTs, giving Denver great field position and a likely blowout.

Damon Huard is a terrible QB who probably shouldn't even be in the league anymore.

Terribilis
09-17-2006, 07:55 PM
last I checked Huard is the only person to throw a td for us this year.... LET A PLAYA PLAY!!!

Straight, No Chaser
09-17-2006, 07:57 PM

Dirk, Willie was the screen.

--->

KCChiefsFan88
09-17-2006, 07:59 PM
last I checked Huard is the only person to throw a td for us this year.... LET A PLAYA PLAY!!!

He threw it against a prevent defense

Rausch
09-17-2006, 07:59 PM
People, People... we had freaking DAMON HUARD, a third-string caliber (and that is being generous) QB under center today. I'm as anti-Herm/Martyball as there is, but do you really think the Chiefs best chances at winning the game were with Huard winging it up and down the field?

You don't know what you're talking about.

Herm is Big Brother, heading the oil price conspiracy, and has Jean Benet Ramsey in his basement...

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Dirk, Willie was the screen.

--->

ROFL

Rausch
09-17-2006, 08:02 PM
If Damon Huard is chucking the ball down the field, you are looking at multiple INTs, giving Denver great field position and a likely blowout.

Damon Huard is a terrible QB who probably shouldn't even be in the league anymore.

I'm ready for the Rook.

Green, and people you need to admit this, needs to consider retirment anyway. He's 36 and he's had a serious brain trauma. Each time he gets a concussion after this the results will be worse.

He's been the man, and he's surpassed Deberg as my favorite Chiefs QB of all time, but I want him to be able to articulate well enough to take over the broadcast duties when Lenny moves on...

Sure-Oz
09-17-2006, 08:05 PM
If Green isn't able to return, then send Croyle in. Looks like Vince Young is already in for Tenn.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 08:06 PM
If Green isn't able to return, then send Croyle in. Looks like Vince Young is already in for Tenn.

You're not helping our argument... :shake:

milkman
09-17-2006, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE='Hamas' Jenkins]Jesus Christ, could you be any more of an apologist for this Clown Shoes wearing motherf*cker? If you like to blame the players so much, then how about this one, WE HAVE GOOD DEFENSIVE PLAYERS!! /QUOTE]

How about this one: LJ fumbled away at least 3 pts.
Huard made a ****ing MORONIC play catching his own pass. Let it fall. Then he fumbled it.
An unbelievably stupid illegal block (flat out dirty) during the return in the 4th when Dante gave us great field position.

This team's problem is DISCIPLINE and CONCENTRATION, not playcalling.

Herm should be held accountable for that...

I'm sorry Brad, but that block was clean.

Sure-Oz
09-17-2006, 08:09 PM
You're not helping our argument... :shake:
Trust me, i'd rather have Trent in there asap. I still think he's back week 4 is over.

milkman
09-17-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm ready for the Rook.

Green, and people you need to admit this, needs to consider retirment anyway. He's 36 and he's had a serious brain trauma. Each time he gets a concussion after this the results will be worse.

He's been the man, and he's surpassed Deberg as my favorite Chiefs QB of all time, but I want him to be able to articulate well enough to take over the broadcast duties when Lenny moves on...

Until we get the OT positions fixed, I don't want to expose Croyle to the the hits he'll take.

TN_Chief
09-17-2006, 10:14 PM
People, People... we had freaking DAMON HUARD, a third-string caliber (and that is being generous) QB under center today. I'm as anti-Herm/Martyball as there is, but do you really think the Chiefs best chances at winning the game were with Huard winging it up and down the field? Then why not start Croyle? Damon Huard clearly isn't the future QB of the Chiefs. If you're so afraid of letting Huard put the ball in the air...as Herm clearly is...and the gameplan is going to be essentially nothing but running, why not put Croyle in there and let him gain some game experience? Half the people on this board could have executed today's Herm/Solari masterplan.