PDA

View Full Version : The D Line and the O-Line both suck

Deberg_1990
09-17-2006, 07:12 PM
0 sacks and little pressure on Plummer today. The O-line is in shambles. We cant be a playoff team until those areas are fixed. It wont happen this year.

It all starts in the trenches.

ROYC75
09-17-2006, 07:12 PM
BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count Alex's Losses
09-17-2006, 07:13 PM
I was really, really disappointed in Hali. Foster is an average RT in this league. I expected more.

JBucc
09-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Sampson looked so much better than Black. But yeah the D-line was terrible at pressuring Plunger. I kept expecting Allen to get a sack, but, nothing. I guess part of that has to do with quick passes but St. Louis didn't exactly have trouble with it.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2006, 07:17 PM
I was really, really disappointed in Hali. Foster is an average RT in this league. I expected more.

Yea, but hes a rookie give him some time......

Its sad becasuse Plummer is just a train wreck waiting to happen and we got ZERO pressure on him today. He hit some big throws to keep drives alive because he had a nice pocket to settle in to.

Short Leash Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:18 PM
are you guys kidding?

Huard took one sack today...

Plummer took zero...

wanna know why?! Neither of them held the ball for more than 1 ****ing second.

The D-Line played very well today.

Frankie
09-17-2006, 07:18 PM
I must have watched a different game from you guys. I thought both lines exceeded expectations. Not spectacular, but they sure didn't "suck." Both lines played way better than last year IN DENVER.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2006, 07:20 PM

Yes, they did for them. But they played about as well as they can play. They are NOT a playoff D-line. We simply need more talent there.

CupidStunt
We need a franchise left tackle; Wiegmann is getting long in the tooth; Shields is really a shell of his former self (though that's more than we could expect from some rookie); and we need a stud defensive tackle.

DE- Hali
DT- Reed
DT- Alan Branch
DE- Allen
OLB- Fox (did he get a single snap today?)
MLB- Mitchell
OLB- Johnson
CB- Law
FS- Page
SS- Knight (until Pollard beats him out, which we can't assume is a given at this point)
CB- Surtain

I like that lineup.

runnercyclist
I wouldnt say they sucked either. The OL played admirably considering and the DL played the run OK. When Jake the Mistake needed time he certainly had it.

htismaqe
09-17-2006, 07:24 PM

What?

Hali was all over the field. He was one of the biggest reasons we held their running game in check for the 1st time EVER.

Deberg_1990
I wouldnt say they sucked either. The OL played admirably considering and the DL played the run OK. When Jake the Mistake needed time he certainly had it.

The O-line looked better because we ran short slant routes and crossing patterns. Nothing deep that would have required them to hold a block. The were also aided quite a bit by the extra TE's being in there.

ROYC75
I saw no sacks by our D, matter a fact if Allen wasn't in there on 2 hurries, 2 deflections and a couple of other players, our DL was under performing for a pass rush.

Our run D was adequent, we did allow a couple of big gains, but when we need the D to step up again, in OT, we didn't have it.

BTW, has anybody seen Hicks on the field at all in the last 2 games, if so, I have missed him in there.

Short Leash Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:26 PM
lj4mvp is a friggin' moron.

After watching the game Wesley played today, you keep him out of the starting lineup!? Good idea.

Short Leash Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:27 PM
and don't you think we all ****ing know we need a "franchise" LT...those don't exactly grow on trees.

MichaelH

What? Wasn't he the guy that actually stayed put on a gadget play? I heard Len mention his name many times and nothing like what was said of Hicks.

milkman
I thought the D-Line played well today.

They maintained their gap responsibilities, and the DEs maintained outside contain.

But that also has an effect on the pass rush.

As Tamba learns the game, he'll become more instinctive, and will then have a better chance to provide more of a rush.

But for now, I'm pretty happy that he played so well against the Broncos scheme in his first action against them.

stevieray
09-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Sampson looked so much better than Black. But yeah the D-line was terrible. I kept expecting Allen to make a play, but, nothing.

two batted balls..

Deberg_1990
09-17-2006, 07:30 PM
I thought the D-Line played well today.

They maintained their gap responsibilities, and the DEs maintained outside contain.

But that also has an effect on the pass rush.

As Tamba learns the game, he'll become more instinctive, and will then have a better chance to provide more of a rush.

But for now, I'm pretty happy that he played so well against the Broncos scheme in his first action against them.

As i mentioned earlier, They played better and looked decent at times, but not good enough to win any playoff games or even make the playoffs. I have been pleasantly surprised by the run defense. Baby steps. I beleive Herm will get the D turned around but its not going to happen overnight until he can get some more talent up front on both sides. Holding the Donkos to ZERO TD's in thier own house was quite an accomplishment.

htismaqe
09-17-2006, 07:32 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading.

We completely took away Denver's offensive gameplan. COMPLETELY. They didn't score a touchdown in THEIR OWN HOUSE since the beginning of time.

Yet, the d-line was "terrible".

This place is unbelievable.

Short Leash Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:33 PM
As i mentioned earlier, They played better and looked decent at times, but not good enough to win any playoff games or even make the playoffs. I have been pleasantly surprised by the run defense. Baby steps. I beleive Herm will get the D turned around but its not going to happen overnight until he can get some more talent up front on both sides. Holding the Donkos to ZERO TD's in thier own house was quite an accomplishment.

Yo, Denver is a playoff caliber team. A super bowl caliber team, at that.

We take that gameplan, TO DENVER, with Green as our QB who has the pocket awareness to, after run run run run run, play-action and complete 50 yard passes...we beat Denver by 20.

Short Leash Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM

We completely took away Denver's offensive gameplan. COMPLETELY. They didn't score a touchdown in THEIR OWN HOUSE since the beginning of time.

Totally, 110%, agreed.

It's a shame, really. Herm isn't getting a fair shake around here.

CupidStunt
09-17-2006, 07:35 PM
After watching the game Wesley played today, you keep him out of the starting lineup!? Good idea.

One game does not compensate for all his others.

"The game he played"?

Open yer ****in' eyes. He had a so-so interception and one nice hit, and apart from that, was invisible.

Championship defenses have impact safeties -- Polamalu, Reed, Harrison, etc -- and Wesley has barely any impact at all.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2006, 07:35 PM
We take that gameplan, TO DENVER, with Green as our QB who has the pocket awareness to, after run run run run run, play-action and complete 50 yard passes...we beat Denver by 20.

50 yard bombs with this O-line? This is the same line that got him killed last week remember???

milkman
09-17-2006, 07:38 PM

We need someone to line up alongside James Reed at DT who can get penetration against double teams, and the D-Line will be pretty good as long as Hali progresses.

But at this point they don't suck.

the Talking Can
DJ and Wesley were ****ing animals today.

The DL was strong, even though I couldn't tell who was in on any play, so I don't know who got the most snaps.

Our pass D was good, but with some key breakdowns.

DJ is on his way to being a star.

Sampson was a huge improvement over Black.

blueballs
the vibrator may have a challenger

Short Leash Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:41 PM
50 yard bombs with this O-line? This is the same line that got him killed last week remember???
This is your problem, along with the vast majority of everyone else around here...

Green got killed because Solari and Herm had a terrible gameplan. We're not DV's Chiefs anymore, we can't play THAT offense anymore. Against cincy, we passed 70/30 which was ridiculous.

We use THIS gameplan, teams can't attack Green anymore. We run run run run, short pass, run run run, short pass...eventually, just like Denver, they're going to bite and Green is going to hit some wide open passes down the field late in games when it really matters. Kennison was so wide open on the one PA pass we ran it was sick...but Huard about died getting him the ball so there was no way we could run the PA today more than a couple of times.

Short Leash Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:43 PM

"The game he played"?

Open yer ****in' eyes. He had a so-so interception and one nice hit, and apart from that, was invisible.

Championship defenses have impact safeties -- Polamalu, Reed, Harrison, etc -- and Wesley has barely any impact at all.

Wesley gets a shit rap around here...

so-so INT?! That was a playmaker INT...

Just like with Warfield...Warfield had a "solid" year last year, no joke, yet all of you were so blind that your hate for him overshadowed anything he ever did on the field. Shit, Warfield wouldn't even be our #4 CB now, that was just an example.

milkman
09-17-2006, 07:43 PM

"The game he played"?

You're right.
But today was the first time in memory that he was actually consistently where he should be, and his interception, as well as a couple of good hits, were the direct result of that.

In the past, his plays usually were the result of being out of position, and pure dumb luck.

For years we complained about Peter Guinta.

The posiibility exists here that Wesley might just be making progress under a competent coach.

This coming from someone that has been as critical of Wesley as anyone here.

Frankie
09-17-2006, 07:44 PM

Totally true.

Frankie
09-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Another thing you guys are totally forgetting is how we took the monkey off our backs by not allowing the damned bootleg.

Sure-Oz
09-17-2006, 07:50 PM
The pass rush def. needs to improve, they are good at the run, but no sacks, kind of a joke right htere.

the Talking Can
09-17-2006, 07:52 PM
we don't get pressure up the middle with our DTs, but they hold the line well against the run...

our D has a confidence it hasn't had for years....and did I mention that DJ closed on Plummber like a viper on a mouse?

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Wesley gets a shit rap around here...

so-so INT?! That was a playmaker INT...

Just like with Warfield...Warfield had a "solid" year last year, no joke, yet all of you were so blind that your hate for him overshadowed anything he ever did on the field. Shit, Warfield wouldn't even be our #4 CB now, that was just an example.

He deserved it too. This is by far the best game Wesley has played in 3 years and he looked like he did when we drafted him.

ChiefsFanatic
09-17-2006, 07:56 PM
are you guys kidding?

Huard took one sack today...

Plummer took zero...

wanna know why?! Neither of them held the ball for more than 1 ****ing second.

I actually agree with you on this one. The D-line played well. It wasn't until the late third/early fourth quarter that they started to wear out. At one point Denver had the ball for 20 minutes to our 9 in the second half. They just got tired because our crippled/dumbed down offense and our pathetically conservative HC couldn't keep the offense on the field.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 07:56 PM
I'd beg to differ with the D line comment.

Our DE's are light years ahead of what they were last year. I love our DE rotation.

But our DT's are dog$#it.

Carl needs to concentrate on Offensive T and DT all offseason...

Short Leash Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:57 PM
oh and no one has mentioned how good our DLINE was when denver was first and goal...twice. Once at the 1.

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 07:58 PM
I'd beg to differ with the D line comment.

Our DE's are light years ahead of what they were last year. I love our DE rotation.

But our DT's are dog$#it.

Carl needs to concentrate on Offensive T and DT all offseason...

Yep

the Talking Can
09-17-2006, 07:59 PM
any way you slice it, not giving up a TD is awesome...

ChiefaRoo
09-17-2006, 08:38 PM
What? Wasn't he the guy that actually stayed put on a gadget play? I heard Len mention his name many times and nothing like what was said of Hicks.

Hali played well. He didn't get a bone crushing sack but he did play stout D and stayed home on the bootlegs and the runs his way. He also had some backside tackles. I like him already better than Allen.