PDA

View Full Version : I'm optimistic (Logical stay out)

SNR
09-17-2006, 06:29 PM
This offense will get better. It needs time to figure itself out. It needs time to get used to Solari.

It needs Trent Green, who will return.

We've got a defense who plays great on the road. I think we'll be just fine. We'll get rested during the bye, we'll win some games, and we'll kick some ass.

Guru
09-17-2006, 06:32 PM
I hope you are right about Green. I personally think we may have seen the last of him on the field.

Jenny Gump
09-17-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm optimistic too. Second game, life isn't over, Trent's coming back, blah blah. Let's not slit our wrists just yet.

Mecca
09-17-2006, 06:34 PM
But we need offensive tackles......the gameplan will be conservative regardless of who the QB is if we can't protect him.

JBucc
09-17-2006, 06:35 PM
I've got us going 7-9 at the moment with Trent coming back for the Seattle game.

Reaper16
09-17-2006, 06:37 PM
It doesn't matter that it's conservative. It worked today, outside of some individual playcalling. All those useless sweeps really hurt with the tackles we have.

It's not that we were conservative, it's how we were conservative. The problems we had with playcalling and clock management aren't necissarliy going to get better with Trent.

Mecca
09-17-2006, 06:38 PM
The Chiefs players are stupid too in clock management. We got our coach running on the field calling timeout because they aren't heads up enough to know the situation.

Vindicator
09-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Hey, well, whatever. I was very impressed to see a defense show up. First time I've witnessed any kind of defense show up at Incestco for a couple of years. If it hadn't been for a razor thin loss today I would say there is a glimer of hope here. :hmmm:

burt
09-17-2006, 06:40 PM
It doesn't matter that it's conservative. It worked today, outside of some individual playcalling. All those useless sweeps really hurt with the tackles we have.

It's not that we were conservative, it's how conservative. The problems we had with playcalling and clock management aren't necissarliy going to get better with Trent.

Reap, fixed your post. Just a few risks...a very few and we win. WE WERE TOO CONSERVATIVE!

burt
09-17-2006, 06:42 PM
This offense will get better. It needs time to figure itself out. It needs time to get used to Solari.

It needs Trent Green, who will return.

We've got a defense who plays great on the road. I think we'll be just fine. We'll get rested during the bye, we'll win some games, and we'll kick some ass.

I hope that you are right, til then, pass that shit over here....we can all be in la la land.

Reaper16
Reap, fixed your post. Just a few risks...a very few and we win. WE WERE TOO CONSERVATIVE!
I don't even think a few 1st down play-action passes would be risks. We could have opened things up a teeny bit more within the gameplan.

Sure-Oz
I'm optimistic as heck, we got 14 games left folks. we arent 0-4 that is panic time!

grandllama
09-17-2006, 06:51 PM
This offense will get better. It needs time to figure itself out.

Seriously SNR, what does it need to figure out? It is essentially the same people from the last few years, yet we are now averaging 8 points compared to 30 points... that is something that has nothing to do with the offense but with a head coach hell bent on destroying something that works in order to satisfy his own warped ego.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 06:52 PM
So we have held 2 playoff teams to 30 points in 2 games???

We are getting much much better on D

burt
09-17-2006, 06:53 PM
I don't even think a few 1st down play-action passes would be risks. We could have opened things up a teeny bit more within the gameplan.

Zactly

burt
09-17-2006, 06:54 PM
So we have held 2 playoff teams to 30 points in 2 games???

We are getting much much better on D

I do believe this.....

Rausch
09-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Again, I think this defense is good enough to carry us IF we quit turning the ball over.

LJ can't average a fumble a game. Neither can our QB.

Fairplay
09-17-2006, 07:26 PM
I wonder how many will open this thread just to see if Logical showed up?

4th and Long
09-17-2006, 07:29 PM
I wonder how many will open this thread just to see if Logical showed up?
Damnit! I am soooooooo busted!

KcMizzou
09-17-2006, 07:31 PM
The Chiefs players are stupid too in clock management. We got our coach running on the field calling timeout because they aren't heads up enough to know the situation.We really missed Trent there. I've got to think he'd have been on the ball and called the TO right away.

NewChief
Again, I think this defense is good enough to carry us IF we quit turning the ball over.

Right. I said that in another thread. It's essential that we put points up, even just a field goal, when we get into the Red Zone. The first drive took up half the first quarter. If you come away from that with 3, it's a completely different game.

Logical
On an optimistic note the offense cannot get worse and Trent will come back. The defense had a good game today.

Coach
09-17-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm optimistic that we won't be as bad as the Raiders, that's for sure.

chiefsfan987
09-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Anybody else think there is a decent chance San Diego loses their next two games? @ Baltimore and vs. Pittsburg?

petegz28
09-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Anybody else think there is a decent chance San Diego loses their next two games? @ Baltimore and vs. Pittsburg?

I won't be surpised if they beat Baltimore. Baltimore's offense still sucks. The Raiders handled them easily.

SNR
09-17-2006, 09:07 PM
But we need offensive tackles......the gameplan will be conservative regardless of who the QB is if we can't protect him.Dude, I saw Huard take his time with the ball. He had time to get poised, look around, and take time to make decisions. Considering the great defense we were facing, I saw nothing wrong with Huard's protection.

Get Trent back there and have him chuck the ball around the field. We will score points this season. This offense hasn't gone the way of the dinosaur just yet

Easy 6
09-17-2006, 09:11 PM
That might be the best thread title i've seen since comin' here :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb:

PastorMikH
09-17-2006, 09:15 PM
I hope you are right about Green. I personally think we may have seen the last of him on the field.

Ain't no way! Green will be back. I have NO DOUBTS.

Now, I read he may be out 4-6 weeks, but given the bye and his desire to play, I wouldn't be surprise to see him playing by our 4th game.

PastorMikH
09-17-2006, 09:22 PM

Agreed.

LJ has got to protect the ball better - especially when he is THE KEY to our O.