PDA

View Full Version : 0-2. It's over, right? Well...

chefsos
09-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Let's look around the 0-2 neighborhood before we get settled in there. You may notice, like many slums, it's kinda crowded.

NFC
Washington/Dallas, Tampa Bay (Hmm..)
Carolina (Super Bowl Bound??)
Detroit (Yeah, so? They live here)
Green Bay (See Detroit)

AFC
Us
Miami (Another media darling)
Cleveland, Tennessee, Oakland, Houston (See..well, you know)

That's 11. Eleven Oh-and-two teams out of 32. Anyway, if you assume that 0-2 = no playoffs for you, it follows that some crappy 1-1 clubs can start postponing those tractor pulls and craft shows tentatively scheduled for their stadii in January. Don't even mention the 2-0 SAINTS.

I guess what I'm getting at is that maybe, just maybe, this season isn't quite as over as it seems. I'm willing to bet at least one of the aforementioned 0-2'ers makes the dance this year. The Chiefs? Well, hey, who knows? And lookie here, some of 'em will be 0-3 next week, and the Chiefs won't!

I'd just as soon not give up on this team in mid-September.

Detoxing
09-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Your post actually made me feel worse about our chances. Look at those crappy teams...and we are right there with them.

CupidStunt
09-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Feck all that shit.

San Diego: @ Baltimore, vs. Pittsburgh.

KC: vs. San Fran, @ Arizona.

Come week 5's end, after all the Chargers' hype, we might be tied with them in the division (after some pretty horrible luck).

Logical
09-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Honestly no it is not over but we better right the ship fast. We get to 0-4 it could be over fast.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Honestly no it is not over but we better right the ship fast. We get to 0-4 it could be over fast.

We go to 0-4 it's over. Anytime. But going 0-4 and losing to San Francisco and Arizona on the way, we may be getting that high draft pick everyone's been wanting for awhile.

alanm
09-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Feck all that shit.

Come week 5's end, after all the Chargers' hype, we might be tied with them in the division (after some pretty horrible luck).
I'm fairly confident we can beat San Fran. And if Trent is back for Zona we have a good chance of winning that is well. But I feel we would be cooked if we lost one of the next 2. :(

whoman69
09-17-2006, 08:45 PM
0-2 is not the end of the world, but does anyone believe that a team that is averaging 8 points a game and is facing perhaps several games without its top QB is going to turn it around any time soon? We will probably beat San Francisco but I see no way we can compete with Arizona.

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2006, 08:51 PM
NFC
Washington/Dallas, Tampa Bay (Hmm..)
Carolina (Super Bowl Bound??)
Detroit (Yeah, so? They live here)
Green Bay (See Detroit)

AFC
Us
Miami (Another media darling)
Cleveland, Tennessee, Oakland, Houston (See..well, you know)Wow. There is one good team in the bunch.

And it's not the Chiefs.

Guru
09-17-2006, 08:53 PM
We go to 0-4 it's over. Anytime. But going 0-4 and losing to San Francisco and Arizona on the way, we may be getting that high draft pick everyone's been wanting for awhile.

Yeah, the pick Carl will fugg up. :shake: Or trade down with.

Count Alex's Losses
09-17-2006, 08:54 PM
We need to run the table at home (very possible with this defense) and beat Arizona, St. Louis, Miami, Cleveland and Oakland on the road. That would be 11-5, but 10-6 would get us in, too.

plbrdude
0-2 is not the end of the world, but does anyone believe that a team that is averaging 8 points a game and is facing perhaps several games without its top QB is going to turn it around any time soon? We will probably beat San Francisco but I see no way we can compete with Arizona.

just like we couldn't compete w/denver @ denver.

petegz28
We will win the division this year. Mark my words.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 08:55 PM

Arizona sucks. No defense. Weak QB and worse O-Line than ours.

Count Alex's Losses
09-17-2006, 08:56 PM
We took Denver right down to the wire. I think we can beat Arizona. Their defense sucks, and so does their offensive line.

GOD BYE WEEKS SUCK!

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 08:56 PM

STFU Moron.

Arizona? Arizona?!?

Please.

htismaqe
09-17-2006, 09:09 PM
We HAVE to win the next 2.

0-2 isn't a death sentence (historically) but 1-3 is...

Count Alex's Losses
09-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Arizona is no pushover. They've got a hell of an offense.

ChiefsCountry
09-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Dallas won the Super Bowl in 93 starting out 0-2. :)

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 09:12 PM

So did NE.

Anyway I want to avoid 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 all together. That just ****s us when drafting

keg in kc
09-17-2006, 09:14 PM
I think it is basically over. We'll need to go 10-4 from this point on, at least. Tall order with a backup QB in for at least a month (that's a guess).

If we do it, watch out in January. I'd love a rematch at incestco.

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2006, 09:17 PM
If we do it, watch out in January. I'd love a rematch at incestco.I really don't expect Denver to be anywhere near the playoffs; at the very least, not at home.

keg in kc
09-17-2006, 09:18 PM
I really don't expect Denver to be anywhere near the playoffs; at the very least, not at home.I hope they are, if we get in. I'd love to be a wildcard and end our losing streak there in a big game.

CupidStunt
09-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Chiefs fans are enamoured with Arizona.

And it seems to be only them.

Why? They suck. Barely beat the 9ers (who you're all convinced we will beat) and got owned by the Seahawks.

We'll handle them.

CupidStunt
09-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Arizona is no pushover. They've got a hell of an offense.

Hell of a passing game, and that's when Warner's protected.

Unlike today.

jersey
09-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Feck all that shit.

Sorry, dude. There's very little hype around the Chargers. The Ravens punked Tampa and got all the attention. The Chargers got very little respect before the season started, and still haven't earned much respect. We've beaten up on two very bad teams, and everyone (media and San Diego fans) understands that.

We're also waiting until our real season starts in Week 4.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Hell of a passing game, and that's when Warner's protected.

Unlike today.

Warner has nightmares of the Chiefs.

chefsos
09-17-2006, 09:34 PM
I remember that year.

Emmitt: Pay me. Pay me this much right here.
Jerry: You're on crack. We'll win with or without you 'cause we're brilliant. And you have a contract.
Emmitt: You'll call me.
0-2 Jerry: Sign right here, Emmitt.
Emmitt and Jerry: Smooch!

beer bacon
09-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Sorry, dude. There's very little hype around the Chargers. The Ravens punked Tampa and got all the attention. The Chargers got very little respect before the season started, and still haven't earned much respect. We've beaten up on two very bad teams, and everyone (media and San Diego fans) understands that.

We're also waiting until our real season starts in Week 4.

You guys are getting plenty of hype. Merriman is getting insane amounts of hype, and LT is getting the usual, which is a lot.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 09:43 PM
You guys are getting plenty of hype. Merriman is getting insane amounts of hype, and LT is getting the usual, which is a lot.

No question SD will be a challenge for our O-Line. But if we are a running team we will be fine against an attacking 3-4 D like theirs.

Their Middle LB's I believe won't be able to handle Johsnon for 4 qtrs

jersey
09-17-2006, 09:45 PM
No question SD will be a challenge for our O-Line. But if we are a running team we will be fine against an attacking 3-4 D like theirs.

Their Middle LB's I believe won't be able to handle Johsnon for 4 qtrs

San Diego was one of the best teams against the run last season with basically the same defense. You'll forgive me if LJ doesn't scare me.

jersey
09-17-2006, 09:47 PM

Merriman is getting an insane amount of hype although after his first two weeks of the season, and RoY last season, it's hard not to hype him.

The team itself isn't getting much in the way of hype.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 09:50 PM
San Diego was one of the best teams against the run last season with basically the same defense. You'll forgive me if LJ doesn't scare me.

Well last time you saw him he ran all over your ass with 32 carries for 131 yards and a TD

LT on the other hand was 15 carries for 49 yards.

If you aren't scared you are dumb

jersey
09-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Well last time you saw him he ran all over your ass with 32 carries for 131 yards and a TD

LT on the other hand was 15 carries for 49 yards.

If you aren't scared you are dumb

That was also week 16, in Kansas City, when the Chargers had nothing left to play for.

Talk to me in a few weeks and we'll see what the result is. Until then, not really concerned.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 10:12 PM
That was also week 16, in Kansas City, when the Chargers had nothing left to play for.

Talk to me in a few weeks and we'll see what the result is. Until then, not really concerned.

Ok...in the first meeting he had 6 carries for 55 yards

I will take that average

ChiefsCountry
09-17-2006, 10:13 PM

Actually they did a playoff berth was still on the line for both teams, after the game they didnt have anything to play for though.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Actually they did a playoff berth was still on the line for both teams, after the game they didnt have anything to play for though.

ah man I was just going to drag him out some more before I pointed that out...... :)

jersey
09-17-2006, 10:17 PM
ah man I was just going to drag him out some more before I pointed that out...... :)

I was trying to forget everything out of last season except Week 15.

Having said that, IIRC, the Chargers did not control their own destiny at that point and needed a lot of help to make it.

jersey
09-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Ok...in the first meeting he had 6 carries for 55 yards

I will take that average

Busting out that stat would be like me pointing to Turner's stats today. LJ was being thrown in for a change of pace and late in the game. On 6 carries stats can be very skewed.

CHENZ A!
09-17-2006, 10:18 PM
We will win the division this year. Mark my words.

Thanks for the kind words Mr. Pena.