PDA

View Full Version : Moral victory gives high hopes

Demonpenz
09-17-2006, 08:47 PM
atchison times-

Though the chiefs lost 9-6 on sunday I think the real winner was football fans who enjoyed a great contest with great coaching great skill, and great coaching. With playcalls riveling that of lambardi, tom laundry, and mike martz. The chiefs fans came away with pride, sensitivity to race and sexual orentation, and hope for the upcoming season. Some of the bright spots include no turn overs for trent green, warfield didn't get burned, and bronco's fans booed plummer more than chiefs fans. One can hope that next week we can all sit down with our families around a fire and watch the chiefs. Thank you chiefs!

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 08:48 PM
high apple pie in the sky hopes

Demonpenz
09-18-2006, 12:12 AM
or not

Psyko Tek
09-18-2006, 12:20 AM
pride, sensitivity to race and sexual orentation, and hope for the upcoming season

wtf does that mean?
ain't we talking football here,
ain't no sensitivity in football, boy

greg63
09-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Hey maybe we'll only lose by two next time! :p

Thig Lyfe
09-18-2006, 01:24 AM
Wait... isn't this the same paper that reported that Jeff George removed Ben Roethlisberger's appendix and was immediately shot thereafter for impersonating Dr. Foley?

Hound333
09-18-2006, 07:00 AM
You know your in trouble when they start reporting about "moral victories"

the Talking Can
09-18-2006, 07:01 AM
how many moral victories does it take to get in the playoffs?

CupidStunt
09-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Tom Laundry.

Nice.

BWillie
09-18-2006, 07:21 AM
I'm glad I'm not a reporter. Herm would choke me. I'd be like so on with 3rd and 5 deep into the red zone for the second straight game...you hand the ball off. That was playing to win the game huh?

wolfpack0735
09-18-2006, 08:38 AM
moral victories are bullsh$t,you play to win period. we played for fieldgoals and if a touchdown came along thats great. you play to win.

deadbabyseal
09-18-2006, 08:52 AM
atchison times-

Though the chiefs lost 9-6 on sunday I think the real winner was football fans who enjoyed a great contest with great coaching great skill, and great coaching. With playcalls riveling that of lambardi, tom laundry, and mike martz. The chiefs fans came away with pride, sensitivity to race and sexual orentation, and hope for the upcoming season. Some of the bright spots include no turn overs for trent green, warfield didn't get burned, and bronco's fans booed plummer more than chiefs fans. One can hope that next week we can all sit down with our families around a fire and watch the chiefs. Thank you chiefs!
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

Bwana
09-18-2006, 08:56 AM
One can hope that next week we can all sit down with our families around a fire and watch the chiefs.

That would be a neat trick.

banyon
09-18-2006, 09:32 AM
We can probably go 12-4 and win the division if we get to count moral victories. Carl Peterson would've also won several playoff moral victories as well.

HC_Chief
09-18-2006, 09:37 AM
F*ck that.

GoHuge
09-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Aren't moral victories kind of like getting the shit kicked out of you but leaving the other guy with a fat lip? Hanging tough moral victories still go in the L column and getting your ass kicked still hurts.

TN_Chief
09-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Are we going to make the moral playoffs? Where do I get my tickets?

Baby Lee
09-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Aren't moral victories kind of like getting the shit kicked out of you but leaving the other guy with a fat lip? Hanging tough moral victories still go in the L column and getting your ass kicked still hurts.
Bagging on the team effort yesterday, in light of the loss of Richardson, Roaf and Green [in descending order of organization culpability], is like bagging on the dude with an artificial leg for only coming in 5th in the Ironman.
Face it, with three KEY offensive players gone [two for good, the third maybe for good], this is a gutshot team. They're just trying not to bleed to death before getting to the hospital.
At least the D is finally coming around. Right now without Green, if the D keeps it up, we might be the difference between the Ravens with Boller, and the Ravens with McNair. And I'll take that.

GoHuge
09-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Bagging on the team effort yesterday, in light of the loss of Richardson, Roaf and Green [in descending order of organization culpability], is like bagging on the dude with an artificial leg for only coming in 5th in the Ironman.
Face it, with three KEY offensive players gone [two for good, the third maybe for good], this is a gutshot team. They're just trying not to bleed to death before getting to the hospital.
At least the D is finally coming around. Right now without Green, if the D keeps it up, we might be the difference between the Ravens with Boller, and the Ravens with McNair. And I'll take that.I didn't bag on anything or anybody. My point was simply that a moral win only counts in the moral win column. Moral victory is another was of saying "went down swinging." You still lost. With that said I am pumped about the play of the D, special teams, LJ and know the game well enough to know that when you lose a HOF'r and two pro bowl team leader types it's gonna smart. I see the world through red and gold glasses too. Just commenting on what a moral victory does in the W-L column.

Baby Lee
09-18-2006, 11:47 AM
I didn't bag on anything or anybody. My point was simply that a moral win only counts in the moral win column. Moral victory is another was of saying "went down swinging." You still lost. With that said I am pumped about the play of the D, special teams, LJ and know the game well enough to know that when you lose a HOF'r and two pro bowl team leader types it's gonna smart. I see the world through red and gold glasses too. Just commenting on what a moral victory does in the W-L column.
Weegud. :)

My post was more general to the string of threads and posts I'd been reading at the time, than specific to your particular post.

Monty
09-18-2006, 11:47 AM
That would be a neat trick.

No kidding. Hope they have the VCR or Tivo ready. ;)

Calcountry
09-18-2006, 12:28 PM
pride, sensitivity to race and sexual orentation, and hope for the upcoming season

wtf does that mean?
ain't we talking football here,
ain't no sensitivity in football, boyThat was some of the gheyest PC crap I have ever read.