PDA

View Full Version : Solari gave me a hard on but also makes me want to kill him.....

B_Ambuehl
09-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Man from a purist standpoint that was one of the most beautiful displays of fundamental offensive football in the first half that I've seen in a long time....and to be able to do it against that caliber of defense is impressive.

Two and three tight end sets...Jason Dunn blowing people up...Will Shields leading the way on numerous counter plays like he was still at Nebraska...LJ slamming into a pile, losing his helmet and continuing to move the pile 5 yards.....and lining up again and again and doing the same thing even though the defense knew what was coming.....that was impressive. Bill Parcells won a superbowl playing that same style of football...run, run, and run....he had no choice because just like this team he didn't have an offensive line that could protect the quarterback. Phil Simms took more sacks then anyone in league history but was still able to win 2 superbowls because his team played exactly like this Chiefs team did today.....a strong running game and good defense...the only thing missing today was the absolute need to win the turnover battle for that style to be effective.

Now, what pisses me off so bad is by virtue of a good gameplan and his teams brilliant execution there were so many missed opportunities, points, and yards left on the field but Mike seems to have little ability to see what's available to him. Last week everything was 7 step drop and long draw out play action passes with the quarterback(s) running for his life the entire game without any inclination to get away from that gameplan.

This week you go completely overboard in the opposite direction. Come out running the ball and throwing short slants off of 3 step drops. Remember the philly game last year...same situation here. In the 2nd half the defense adjusts to what you've been beating them up the whole game with and knows what's coming on 3rd and short......and if that wasn't bad enough you empty your tailback out of the backfield and go 5 wide eliminating the threat of the draw or PA pass. Then on occassion when you do leave the tailback in on 3rd and short you have the defense spread out in a nickel or dime package and instead of just ramming it up the gut for a guaranteed first down you call more 3 step drop BS and end up throwing what....6 or 7 batted balls on the day?

Overall very impressive from the ability to take control of a defense, forcing them to adjust, and running the football, yet very disheartening when it comes to taking advantage of the opportunities your gameplan created.

Douche Baggins
09-17-2006, 07:51 PM
There was no excuse for that running play with 50 seconds left.

DaFace
09-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Solari gave me a hard on...

:spock:

CoMoChief
09-17-2006, 07:57 PM
I didnt get that as well. I knew we were gonna run that play too and I knew it was gonna get batted down. No need for us to run that play. This is something we need to do when Trent gets back. He needs to call plays at the line. We all know he knows this offense better than Solari, so might as well take advantage of that.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Pts were left on the field because our team (offense, defense, and special teams) continute to make stupid mistakes.

That block in the back on Dante's big 4th quarter return was.......He should be shot. His ass should be kicked.

Special teams penalties have been a huge weight on KC for years. It's sickening...

NewChief
09-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Pts were left on the field because our team (offense, defense, and special teams) continute to make stupid mistakes.

That block in the back on Dante's big 4th quarter return was.......He should be shot. His ass should be kicked.

Special teams penalties have been a huge weight on KC for years. It's sickening...

BTW, did Denver go the entire game without a penalty? I know they commented on them having no penalties in the 4th Quarter, but I can't remember if they ended up going the entire game without one.

Douche Baggins
09-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Denver had no penalties.

Sickening. Hometown friggin' refs.

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Solari has a lot of learning to do. Here's hoping that Herm and Mike improve in the clock management and end of half play calling area.

keg in kc
09-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Denver had no penalties.

Sickening. Hometown friggin' refs.There were a couple of things that left me scratching my head. I thought on replay LJ's knee might've been down on the fumble (but we didn't challenge, so it's on us...).

WTF was the phantom facemask call on Hali late in the game? He didn't even touch the guys facemask, much less grab it a la personal foul.

And I saw a couple of pushoffs by donkey receivers today that were PI calls against Parker last weekend. Consistency, one way or the other, would be nice.

And no, the zebras didn't cost us the game.

milkman
09-17-2006, 08:11 PM

Once again, that was a clean block.

keg in kc
09-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Once again, that was a clean block.I thought it was a clean block, too. On or above the waist, not in the back or low. I didn't get that call.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2006, 08:13 PM
WTF was the phantom facemask call on Hali late in the game? He didn't even touch the guys facemask, much less grab it a la personal foul.

Yea i noticed that too.....WTF did they see? either way, it wasnt the refs fault we lost today.

It would be nice however if the refs up in the booth reviewing this stuff would overturn junk like that when they see something that shouldnt have been called.

milkman
09-17-2006, 08:14 PM
I thought it was a clean block, too. On or above the waist, not in the back or low. I didn't get that call.

How else were the refs going to ensure that the Chiefs didn't get into FG range?

keg in kc
09-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Yea i noticed that too.....WTF did they see? either way, it wasnt the refs fault we lost today.It was interesting the way the CBS crew just covered it up. We only saw one replay and they didn't discuss it. Was an obvious mistake.

Although there's absolutely nothing to be gained from talking about it other than to say "what a horrible call".

Defense stood strong after that anyway, not like it cost us anything. Still...wtf.

milkman
09-17-2006, 08:17 PM
It was interesting the way the CBS crew just covered it up. We only saw one replay and they didn't discuss it. Was an obvious mistake.

Although there's absolutely nothing to be gained from talking about it other than to say "what a horrible call".

Defense stood strong after that anyway, not like it cost us anything. Still...wtf.

What about the face mask call?

keg in kc
09-17-2006, 08:19 PM
What about the face mask call?That's what we're talking about.

irishjayhawk
09-17-2006, 09:13 PM
I thought I saw no fewer than two chop blocks, both affecting Bell's positioning by Donkey lineman.

Isn't it illegal to block below the waist? I think so, since they said our ST unit did it. I wonder why these *obvious* things went unnoticed - both of which happened on the Donk's first good drive leading to a FG.

milkman
09-17-2006, 09:24 PM
That's what we're talking about.

I thought we were talking about the illegal block call on Dee Brown on Hall's return.

I thought it was a clean block, too. On or above the waist, not in the back or low. I didn't get that call.

boogblaster
09-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Donks got by cutting all day as usual..Refs need their asses kicked..the fumble hurt..the DEF.played its best in 3 years..Huard is a quality back-up..OC needs some more time at his job..best we've played at Donkland in years......

B_Ambuehl
09-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Isn't it illegal to block below the waist? I think so, since they said our ST unit did it. I wonder why these *obvious* things went unnoticed

It's only illegal in certain situations. The o-line can do it so long as the player he's blocking isn't engaged.