PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Seen So Many Chop Blocks?

petegz28
09-17-2006, 08:18 PM
I swear I have never seen a team dive at a guys legs more than the Broncos.

And then when we do it legally a flag gets thrown.

Shanny sucked someone off before the game. 0 penalties on the Broncos? Pushing off must be legal this week.

Guru
09-17-2006, 08:18 PM
You mean you honestly did not expect that to happen?

petegz28
09-17-2006, 08:20 PM
You mean you honestly did not expect that to happen?

Seems it was more than usual today though. Espcially as the game went on and they weren't getting anything going on the ground.

the Talking Can
09-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Bell got cut on basically every play...can't say I blame them, the refs look the other way

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Give it up

Thig Lyfe
09-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Give it up

Yes, let's give it up for Mike Shanahan for his continued mastery in the art of the bribe!!! :clap:

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2006, 08:28 PM
oy veh

petegz28
09-17-2006, 08:33 PM
oy veh

Face it. Everyone in Denver is thanking God right now Trent Green was in KC.

You all know you were lucky to win that game. Down to the toss of the coin and the non-call on the Walker push off.

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Face it. Everyone in Denver is thanking God right now Trent Green was in KC.

You all know you were lucky to win that game. Down to the toss of the coin and the non-call on the Walker push off.

You are right....we were lucky...and I'd rather be lucky than good anyday. That "push-off" was a non-issue. Now if you want to talk about the low-block call....or the "face mask" at the goalline....KC got hosed....but that wasn't a push to warrent a flag. What about the 88 hold? The refs stunk it up in our game today for sure, but it goes both ways

Guru
09-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Those Refs better not ever be allowed to work a playoff game or god forbid a superbowl. They were downright shameful both ways.

No, they did not cost us the game.

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 08:49 PM
You are right....we were lucky...and I'd rather be lucky than good anyday. That "push-off" was a non-issue. Now if you want to talk about the low-block call....or the "face mask" at the goalline....KC got hosed....but that wasn't a push to warrent a flag. What about the 88 hold? The refs stunk it up in our game today for sure, but it goes both ways

It can't go both ways because you had 0 penalties.

Raiderhader
09-17-2006, 08:49 PM

Both ways? You guys didn't get a f#cking flag thrown on you all day. You got NOTHING to complain about.

Iowanian
09-17-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm not blaming any part of this loss on lack of calls.....

But there were alot of Dlinemen ridden to the ground from behind and held. There was no facemask on Bell. Walker's non-call on the pushoff was much worse than the 2 "iffy" ones called on parker last week.

On the kick return, Hall was facemasked(should have been 15) and wasn't called.

There were quite a few non-calls

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 09:03 PM

No. It was one way. But we still should have kicked your ass.

Thanks for noticing those three flagrant f/ups by the zeebs. At least that is something.

PastorMikH
09-17-2006, 09:05 PM
We need to let them dive, then plant spikes right into the numbers on their backs. I quarantee a couple of D-Linemen running over their backs and digging in the cleats 'cause the O Lineman took a dive and they'll think twice about going for the knees.

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Both ways? You guys didn't get a f#cking flag thrown on you all day. You got NOTHING to complain about.

So...you guys should have gotten flags were you didn't. It all evens out

Iowanian
09-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Thats not always true Garcia.

I'll use the example of Hall's punt return. KC was flagged for the block, but denver wasn't called for the facemask....that turned his head.

Evening it out, would have moved the ball 15 yards closer to FG range.

Raiderhader
09-17-2006, 09:17 PM

That's just nonsense in this case. Evening it out would have been not throwing a flag on either team.

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2006, 09:18 PM
That's just nonsense in this case. Evening it out would have been not throwing a flag on either team.

From your POV...not mine. :)

morphius
09-17-2006, 09:22 PM
From your POV...not mine. :)
And there you have it, you argument is now null and void as you basically have shown your bias.

Guru
09-17-2006, 09:24 PM

That is like me giving you 5 bucks and then you saying I owe you 5 bucks.

Do you even read what you post?

Nightwish
09-17-2006, 09:25 PM

Shanny sucked someone off before the game. 0 penalties on the Broncos? Pushing off must be legal this week.
To be honest, I didn't see a whole lot of dirty football this time. Both teams played a pretty clean game, for the most part, as far as I could tell. Both defenses played outstanding, and both offenses have a lot of work to do. I do think that the clipping call on Dante's return was a bad call, though, as he wasn't below the guy's waist, and the refs missed Javon Walker pushing off his defender on that overtime pass play that put them in field goal range, but that was about all I saw for bad calls, and that's pretty good for an NFL game nowadays. I'm sure we probably got away with a couple things that the refs didn't see, too. It always happens.

All in all, though I'd be happier with the win, I think that it was a very good showing for us to go in their with our #2 QB, and play a team of Denver's caliber to overtime in their own house. That's saying something!

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2006, 09:25 PM
And there you have it, you argument is now null and void as you basically have shown your bias.
LOL...I am bias....over the years you guys have benefitted from calls and non-calls...it happens. Sometimes you win....sometimes you lose. I don't even have any control over it. I already said we were lucky to win.....what more do you want?

Nightwish
09-17-2006, 09:31 PM
LOL...I am bias....over the years you guys have benefitted from calls and non-calls...it happens. Sometimes you win....sometimes you lose. I don't even have any control over it. I already said we were lucky to win.....what more do you want?
Out of curiosity, how do you think it would have gone if had been Trent in there instead of Huard? I'm not sure it would have gone differently, but I think we probably wouldn't have played quite so conservatively on offense. I'm pretty sure we would have made at least one play for the endzone and saved the timeout at the end of the first half, rather than getting scared and going for the field goal with 9 seconds left.

Count Zarth
09-17-2006, 09:32 PM
We are going to skull**** Denver at Arrowhead.

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Out of curiosity, how do you think it would have gone if had been Trent in there instead of Huard? I'm not sure it would have gone differently, but I think we probably wouldn't have played quite so conservatively on offense. I'm pretty sure we would have made at least one play for the endzone and saved the timeout at the end of the first half, rather than getting scared and going for the field goal with 9 seconds left.

I don't know...DH went very good today. We also had very little film on him....maybe Green makes more of it....maybe Johnson gets more out of it. Who knows. You guys probably would have won.

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2006, 09:34 PM
We are going to skull**** Denver at Arrowhead.

Probably....what....3 TD's sound good?

morphius
09-17-2006, 09:35 PM
I don't want anything, well other then you not to be an ass like boardin dumbass, LOL!

I was happy with todays game, I didn't think we had a chance to win it and we walked away barely losing and with some great gifts with the refs to the Donks I don't feel bad about my team.

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2006, 09:35 PM

Again...I think you guys should have gotten flags when you didn't...instead you got flags when you shouldn't have. That's from my POV.

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2006, 09:37 PM

btw...you owe my 5 bucks

DenverDanChiefsFan
09-17-2006, 09:39 PM
We need to let them dive, then plant spikes right into the numbers on their backs. I quarantee a couple of D-Linemen running over their backs and digging in the cleats 'cause the O Lineman took a dive and they'll think twice about going for the knees.
Amen - stomp them a couple of times and it will stop. coulda/woudla/shoulda won the game - we needed to make more plays regardless of what the "officials" did. Only a couple of dumb asses trying to talk smak on the tain home from indonco field - couldn't keep it up with true Chiefs fans. Looking forward to making the trip home for tgiving for the rematch.

Count Zarth
09-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Probably....what....3 TD's sound good?

You ain't gettin' the keys.

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2006, 09:44 PM
You ain't gettin' the keys.

You're right...we're going to get crushed.

KcMizzou
09-17-2006, 09:45 PM
You're right...we're going to get crushed.Aaaand... We've come full circle.

The Dude Abides
09-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I was starting to think I was just seeing things, glad others noticed.

Mac Speedie
09-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Does everybody here realize cut blocking has been a part of football forever? It's a legal tactic in both the high school and college levels. I don't understand the griping about teams being too violent in a sport that requires it.

If you don't like it, watch another sport.

Ugly Duck
09-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Does everybody here realize cut blocking has been a part of football forever? It's a legal tactic in both the high school and college levels. I don't understand the griping about teams being too violent in a sport that requires it.

If you don't like it, watch another sport.Thank you for contributing the brilliant insight. I'm certain that many fans will find your post very educational.

NJ Chief Fan
09-17-2006, 11:08 PM
HELLO! you suck dick to win the game~shannarat giving his best herm edwards impersonation

Logical
09-17-2006, 11:16 PM
As a KC fan I am ashamed that we are whining when the best we can manage is 2 field goals, no matter what their offense did we did not deserve to win.

Al Czervik
09-17-2006, 11:26 PM
As a KC fan I am ashamed that we are whining when the best we can manage is 2 field goals, no matter what their offense did we did not deserve to win.

Bottom line is Dungver didnt deserve to win the game either.....
But, not one penalty in the game? That is F****** BS......
That is not why KC lost.....Just that Shanasuck has his tongue
firmly planted on the refs rectum.....As usual.

PastorMikH
09-17-2006, 11:40 PM

FWIW Jim, when is the last time our D held Denver to 6 points in regulation? That's worth something right there.

Logical
09-18-2006, 12:26 AM
FWIW Jim, when is the last time our D held Denver to 6 points in regulation? That's worth something right there.I have praised the D several times, even dedicating a thread to it. I just see no reason to whine about the lack of penalties when we could not even score more than two field goals.

Logical
09-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Bottom line is Dungver didnt deserve to win the game either.....
But, not one penalty in the game? That is F****** BS......
That is not why KC lost.....Just that Shanasuck has his tongue
firmly planted on the refs rectum.....As usual.Whining is for losers, please do yourself a favor and stop. Neg rep

petegz28
09-18-2006, 06:35 AM
I have praised the D several times, even dedicating a thread to it. I just see no reason to whine about the lack of penalties when we could not even score more than two field goals.

Hey Denver only scored 3 field goals with help from the Zebras.

So what is your point? Are you saying Denver's D sucks and we just suck worse on O?

manchambo
09-18-2006, 10:09 AM

The problem here seems to be that you don't know what a chop block is. Diving at someone's legs is not a chop block. It is a cut block, it is perfectly legal withing 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, and it is something you learn to do in little league football starting at age 6. A chop block is a block below the waist whilst the player is engaged with another player.

The rules in effect during returns are completely different. Any block from behind is illegal, and a block from behind below the waist is a clip.

Now that you have some education about the rules in effect in contests played under the official rules of the National Football League, please carry on.

Calcountry
09-18-2006, 10:50 AM
To be honest, I didn't see a whole lot of dirty football this time. Both teams played a pretty clean game, for the most part, as far as I could tell. Both defenses played outstanding, and both offenses have a lot of work to do. I do think that the clipping call on Dante's return was a bad call, though, as he wasn't below the guy's waist, and the refs missed Javon Walker pushing off his defender on that overtime pass play that put them in field goal range, but that was about all I saw for bad calls, and that's pretty good for an NFL game nowadays. I'm sure we probably got away with a couple things that the refs didn't see, too. It always happens.

All in all, though I'd be happier with the win, I think that it was a very good showing for us to go in their with our #2 QB, and play a team of Denver's caliber to overtime in their own house. That's saying something!Did anyone besides me, see the whole Denver bench coaches whining like little pussies while the play was going, and yep, they got that flag thrown.

Bob Dole
09-18-2006, 10:54 AM

Great. Now our resident Bronco homer in channelling Dick Vermeil.