PDA

View Full Version : This was the right game plan for this game !

mississippichiefan
09-17-2006, 09:29 PM
The coaching staff did a great job preparing for this game . Last years team would have been blown out in this game without Trent , Roaf and Welburn . This was the only chance for us to win this game and we almost did . This is possible only because we now have a very good defense that will only get better ! The only problem I had was after the long completion to Kennison that gave us a first down on their 40 with a 6 point lead we should have pounded LJ and gotten at least a 9 point lead . Its so nice to have a defense . Go Chiefs !!!

petegz28
09-17-2006, 09:31 PM
I agree. We did play well. Denver's D played tough but they had us at a disadvantage. All that being said they were lucky to win and they know it.

mississippichiefan
09-17-2006, 09:37 PM
So true they were lucky to win this one , pay back will come on Thanksgiving day . Go Chiefs !

CHENZ A!
09-17-2006, 09:47 PM
agree, liked the game plan, we almost won a game we shouldn't have.

jspchief
09-17-2006, 09:49 PM
I agree. Until late in the game where one FG would have put it away, yet we still played the dink and dunk that Denver had finally put a stop to.

There came a point in the game when we needed to open it up, and we didn't.

trndobrd
09-17-2006, 09:52 PM
I expected the conservative play calling, given the line and QB issues. However, I would have liked to have seen at least a few long throws down field. Even if it would have required a roll out, it would have kept the Donx Corners and Safeies a little more honest.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 09:54 PM
I expected the conservative play calling, given the line and QB issues. However, I would have liked to have seen at least a few long throws down field. Even if it would have required a roll out, it would have kept the Donx Corners and Safeies a little more honest.

We tried and he got sacked. We have pass protection issues.

Sure-Oz
09-17-2006, 09:56 PM
I agree. Until late in the game where one FG would have put it away, yet we still played the dink and dunk that Denver had finally put a stop to.

There came a point in the game when we needed to open it up, and we didn't.
We played with no urgency to go for the win at the end, instead we drained some clock hoping for OT, which is stupid, but whatever. I knew once denver got the ball first, they would get in FG range.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 09:57 PM
We played with no urgency to go for the win at the end, instead we drained some clock hoping for OT, which is stupid, but whatever. I knew once denver got the ball first, they would get in FG range.

Well we weren't hoping for OT I think we were hoping to kick a FG with no time left on the clock.

KCChiefsFan88
09-17-2006, 10:05 PM
It was the right gameplan... LJ's fumble near the endzone and Huard's fumble in the third quarter killed the Chiefs

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 10:13 PM
It was the right gameplan... LJ's fumble near the endzone and Huard's fumble in the third quarter killed the Chiefs

...and Tony' drop on the 7.

CHENZ A!
09-17-2006, 10:20 PM
That was definetly a big drop by 88, very uncharacteristic of him, but he will make up for it.

trndobrd
09-17-2006, 10:37 PM
We tried and he got sacked. We have pass protection issues.

No kidding, that's exactly why we needed to go back to the well. And not on a slow to develop play action. Even if he just chucks it down and out of bounds, it's worth doing two or three times a game.

Cochise
09-17-2006, 10:41 PM
I think they had the gameplan right. I think that with Green healthy and at QB you would have played it a little more out there and we probably win.

Not to take anything away from Huard there, he did a good job in a near impossible situation. I just think that if Green were in there maybe the coaching staff has a little more confidence to make some more aggressive calls.

Dr GoodFeel
09-17-2006, 10:55 PM
I think that the Defense did a GREAT job today.The kept the Chiefs in the game.

The Offense still needs some work but is also looking better. With a little more poduction from the line and not turning the ball over, we have a shot at any team.

BTW, where did our receivers go? I know, it's part of the new plan, but we still have to score 2-3 TDs a game.

GO CHIEFS!!!