PDA

View Full Version : THE TRUTH about our offense.

Claynus
09-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Our offense generated 285 total yards and 10 points last year at Invesco. 7 came in garbage time.

Today, our offense generated 276 total yards and 6 points. WITHOUT GREEN.

It's not time to panic just yet. I believe we will score at least 21 points at Arrowhead against the 49ers.

blueballs
09-17-2006, 09:45 PM
the swirling wind took away those 9 yars
ROFL

Basileus777
09-17-2006, 09:46 PM
I was surprised at how well we ran, considering the Broncos run D is pretty good and our play calling was obvious. And Huard was solid.

The only thing that alarmed me was how conservative we got in the red zone.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 09:47 PM
God I hate you...

PunkinDrublic
09-17-2006, 09:47 PM
We have an extra week to prepare for one of the worst teams in the NFC. Absolutely no reason why we can't win this game.

Chiefnj
09-17-2006, 09:48 PM
We lost so much better this year than last year, lets celebrate!!!

It reminds me of the ridicululous statement Vermeil made last year about Hicks being a great lockerroom presence when the team is winless. People seem to be advocating the position that losing under Edwards is so much better than losing under Vermeil. You know when we're winless, it's good to have Edwards as a head coach because the team shows some fire!! Hooray!!

CHENZ A!
09-17-2006, 09:48 PM
We can not overlook SF, they did beat STL, who beat you know who.

Claynus
09-17-2006, 09:51 PM
It was a defensive football game. Those happen. The Seahawks had one in week 1.

Vermeil's teams were almost COMPLETELY unprepared to win defensive football games. We won a couple in 2003, but that was IT.

Today's game was a sign that we will be a MUCH better road team. Denver is a hard place to play, and that is an outstanding defense.

chiefsfan1963
09-17-2006, 10:55 PM
hopefully people will come to their senses if we lose to the 49er's at Arrowhead.

DV and AS we're very good coaches and their absence is quite apparent to me. Even with the decline of our OL, they would have figured out how to score TD's, and Trent would not be injured b/c he would not have had to taken undue risks like he did.

I do agree that our D is very good, and I'm very happy with them, but I'm not convinced that our D wouldn't have been as good if DV had stayed. We would have drafted probably the same way focusing on D and we would have still pursued and gotten Law.

chiefsfan1963
09-17-2006, 10:58 PM
It was a defensive football game. Those happen. The Seahawks had one in week 1.

Vermeil's teams were almost COMPLETELY unprepared to win defensive football games. We won a couple in 2003, but that was IT.

Today's game was a sign that we will be a MUCH better road team. Denver is a hard place to play, and that is an outstanding defense.

6 points will not win many road games. If you like Raven football the past 5 years, sit back and enjoy. Right now the Raven fans are loving life and glad we are inflicted with the disease and not them.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 11:00 PM
6 points will not win many road games.

Nope, but 9 points paves the road to the super bowl...

Claynus
09-17-2006, 11:00 PM
6 points will not win many road games.

Like I said, we scored 10 points in Denver last year. They have a great defense.

ChiefsCountry
09-17-2006, 11:04 PM
hopefully people will come to their senses if we lose to the 49er's at Arrowhead.

DV and AS we're very good coaches and their absence is quite apparent to me. Even with the decline of our OL, they would have figured out how to score TD's, and Trent would not be injured b/c he would not have had to taken undue risks like he did.

I do agree that our D is very good, and I'm very happy with them, but I'm not convinced that our D wouldn't have been as good if DV had stayed. We would have drafted probably the same way focusing on D and we would have still pursued and gotten Law.

Vermeil retired idiot, he wasnt coming back and AS is so tearing it up in Washington right now.

chiefsfan1963
09-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Nope, but 9 points paves the road to the super bowl...

if KC loses to the 49er's then what?

see my prior post:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Like I said, we scored 10 points in Denver last year. They have a great defense.

DEnver is much much worse than they were last year. Their D-Line has regressed big time, and their safeties are a year older, and a year shittier.

chiefsfan1963
09-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Vermeil retired idiot, he wasnt coming back and AS is so tearing it up in Washington right now.

how will you feel if we lose to SF?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2006, 11:07 PM
WE went from scoring 30 ppg the last five years to hoping to score 21 against the 49ers at Arrowhead...and you people think this is an improvement. What the hell does it matter if you get your legs surgically reattached if your arms are cut off in the process?

Claynus
09-17-2006, 11:07 PM
DEnver is much much worse than they were last year. Their D-Line has regressed big time, and their safeties are a year older, and a year shittier.

They were 1-1 last year at this time. And they were blown out in their opening game.

Claynus
09-17-2006, 11:08 PM
WE went from scoring 30 ppg the last five years to hoping to score 21 against the 49ers at Arrowhead...and you people think this is an improvement.

WE DON'T HAVE OUR STARTING QUARTERBACK.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2006, 11:09 PM
They were 1-1 last year at this time. And they were blown out in their opening game.

And we have scored 9 meaningful points in two games.

Rausch
if KC loses to the 49er's then what?

You'll chirp like a Brazillian parrot and drive me ****ing insane?...

SPchief

How about we just possibly wait to see what we do against the 49ers.

Shit just last week people were predicting 42-3 scores for us against denver.

There is a good possiblity that the game plan will be different two weeks from now.

SPchief
09-17-2006, 11:10 PM
You'll chirp like a Brazillian parrot and drive me ****ing insane?...

LMAO

ChiefsCountry
09-17-2006, 11:10 PM

Feel as bad as I do every game we lose dipshit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2006, 11:16 PM
WE DON'T HAVE OUR STARTING QUARTERBACK.

Trent Green and Willie Roaf are great, great players, but they are not worth 22 ppg. If they were, you could transplant them on the Raiders and they would be a Super Bowl caliber offense....and considering that you are accusing me of double talk when you have another thread talking about how well our backup played and simultaneously using him as an excuse, you are quite the one to talk.

Come to my 11:30 tomorrow, Mickey Spillane, and I'll teach you about the proper tenets of argumentation in composition.

ChiefsCountry
09-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Trent Green and Willie Roaf are great, great players, but they are not worth 22 ppg. If they were, you could transplant them on the Raiders and they would be a Super Bowl caliber offense.

ROFL

greg63
09-17-2006, 11:24 PM
I just want a "W". I really don't have any expectations of this offense at this point.

Claynus
09-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Trent Green and Willie Roaf are great, great players, but they are not worth 22 ppg.

When did we ever score 28 points against Denver at Invesco?

How many points do you think we'll score against the 49ers? If we score 30, won't you have to eat some crow?

Guru
09-17-2006, 11:26 PM
I just want a "W". I really don't have any expectations of this offense at this point.
But.... Bush is already in office. :hmmm:

Rausch
09-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Trent Green and Willie Roaf are great, great players, but they are not worth 22 ppg.

keg in kc
09-17-2006, 11:28 PM
DV and AS we're very good coaches and their absence is quite apparent to me. Even with the decline of our OL, they would have figured out how to score TD's, and Trent would not be injured b/c he would not have had to taken undue risks like he did.Based on what? The way they figured out how to score TDs against Denver on the road last year? Or maybe the way they did against Buffalo last year? Yes, I can see what you're saying. Completely. They never had trouble scoring. No siree.I do agree that our D is very good, and I'm very happy with them, but I'm not convinced that our D wouldn't have been as good if DV had stayed. We would have drafted probably the same way focusing on D and we would have still pursued and gotten Law.If history is any indicator, Hali wouldn't have started, if we'd drafted him. And Page wouldn't have played, if we'd even drafted him. Law would not even be here, and probably not Lenny Walls, either, since he's a David Gibbs project.

Beyond that, what possible rationale do you have that would suggest the defense would be even remotely improved with the same staff in place as last year, which was essentially Gunther and all the holdover stiffs from the Robinson days? You're saying, essentially, that it's just a coincidence that the defense is playing better, that it has nothing to do with the new head coach and nearly complete turnover in defensive staff?

Mmm'kay.

I could really screw up the conversation and ask why you don't apply the same "logic" to the play of the offense. Maybe Vermeil and Saunders left because they saw the writing on the wall?

Logical
09-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Our offense generated 285 total yards and 10 points last year at Invesco. 7 came in garbage time.

Today, our offense generated 276 total yards and 6 points. WITHOUT GREEN.

It's not time to panic just yet. I believe we will score at least 21 points at Arrowhead against the 49ers.

I think it is possible if Herm takes the shackles off the offense.

Immaculate
09-17-2006, 11:44 PM
I think we would have won it with Trent. As stupid as it sounds, It was a posative day.

greg63
09-17-2006, 11:52 PM
But.... Bush is already in office. :hmmm:

It's all his fault! Well, and Petersons too.:cuss:

The Bad Guy
09-17-2006, 11:55 PM

Yep. I'm sure Vermeil could have done wonders with Huard and the loss of Willie Roaf.

What did Vermeil say is the most important positions to a football team last Monday night? He said left tackle and quarterback.

He had both of them against Denver over the years, and never could even make the games competitive. We got steamrolled in Denver consistently and I'd like to think with Trent Green, the Chiefs win this game.

You're not convinced that our D wouldn't have been as good? How many years of shit ass defense with Vermeil would it have taken to sink into your head that he's a lightweight when it comes to defense?

Maybe another 5-6 years of being a defensive laughingstock would have done the trick.

I wish we had another O coordinator besides Solari, but I'm happy with Herm.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2006, 11:58 PM
I could really screw up the conversation and ask why you don't apply the same "logic" to the play of the offense. Maybe Vermeil and Saunders left because they saw the writing on the wall?

Or maybe Vermeil was 68 years old and had enough, and maybe AS had earned the job here, but got shit on by Carl and his hardon for captain Field Goal.

keg in kc
09-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Or maybe Vermeil was 68 years old and had enough, and maybe AS had earned the job here, but got shit on by Carl and his hardon for captain Field Goal.And maybe there's a reason AS is still an OC, and maybe it doesn't have anything to do with Carl or his feces.

SPchief
09-18-2006, 12:13 AM
Or maybe Vermeil was 68 years old and had enough, and maybe AS had earned the job here, but got shit on by Carl and his hardon for captain Field Goal.

Isn't it just possible that AS isn't a Head coach anywhere for a reason?Shit he's even interviewed a couple places. He left for more money to washington for the same positon he had here. And so far he has done a shitty job there.

greg63
09-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Isn't it just possible that AS isn't a Head coach anywhere for a reason?Shit he's even interviewed a couple places. He left for more money to washington for the same positon he had here. And so far he has done a shitty job there.

Maybe DV was holding his hand much like it has been stated that Herm is holding Gunthers hand now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-18-2006, 12:30 AM

He has sucked so far in Washington, but I think that his track record points to him doing a very good job there. Most of the people there also are still learning his system, which could lead to the slow start. Look at Martz's O in Detroit, or our O in 2001, or the Rams in 97 and 98. It's a very complex scheme that takes a while to catch on.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Maybe DV was holding his hand much like it has been stated that Herm is holding Gunthers hand now.

I hate to break this to people, but it was when we played Tampa 2 that we got raked the last two weeks. Guns D (blitzing and man coverage) has been quite good.

Fruit Ninja
09-18-2006, 02:00 AM
I think it is possible if Herm takes the shackles off the offense.
He cant with Huard and Turley blocking his backside. Well i guess he could, but i dont want to see Huard take a hit like Trent took. Turley will get better as he gets stronger, dude had to beef up from bieng very very small, and he has to put on weight theright way not just burgers n fries all day.

I loved the gameplan Herm had for us on Sunday. I thought we were going to get smoked.

Fruit Ninja
09-18-2006, 02:01 AM
I hate to break this to people, but it was when we played Tampa 2 that we got raked the last two weeks. Guns D (blitzing and man coverage) has been quite good.Yep, We have no kind of push up the middle, I seen Allen getting good bull rush pressure, problem was that Plumer just had to step up and had all day to throw.

bringbackmarty
09-18-2006, 02:29 AM
defense waqs lights out, baltimore couldn't do wha twe did at invesco.

Bob Dole
09-18-2006, 03:12 AM
It's not time to panic just yet.

Other than that whole "no team has started 0-2 and made the playoffs" thing.

Rain Man
09-18-2006, 03:16 AM

Eh, that's 14 weeks away. What happens now has no impact on that.

tk13
09-18-2006, 03:59 AM
We can't turn the ball over. That's the first thing we need to worry about. Doesn't matter if Vermeil, Herm, or Colonel Sanders is our coach. Can't lose the turnover battle. I don't have a problem playing 9-6 football games, but we cannot lose the turnover battle and win doing it, because it often comes down to a play or two. Especially two fumbles in enemy territory. That's your ballgame right there. You get one FG out of those two trips, we win.

rad
09-18-2006, 04:04 AM
Trent Green and Willie Roaf are great, great players, but they are not worth 22 ppg. If they were, you could transplant them on the Raiders and they would be a Super Bowl caliber offense....and considering that you are accusing me of double talk when you have another thread talking about how well our backup played and simultaneously using him as an excuse, you are quite the one to talk.

Come to my 11:30 tomorrow, Mickey Spillane, and I'll teach you about the proper tenets of argumentation in composition.

Everytime I read your posts, I'm reminded why I think you're an ass.

See, you think you're smart, but you're really not.

I almost feel embarased FOR you.

The Rick
09-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Actually, the Philadelphia Eagles in 2003 lost their first two (0-17 against Tampa Bay and 10-31 against New England) and went on to have a 12-4 record and made the playoffs.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/gameday/03schedule.jsp

Lzen
09-18-2006, 08:28 AM

Not true.

Lzen
09-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Actually, the Philadelphia Eagles in 2003 lost their first two (0-17 against Tampa Bay and 10-31 against New England) and went on to have a 12-4 record and made the playoffs.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/gameday/03schedule.jsp

Ah, I see someone beat me to it.

Also, I remember the Cowboys starting 0-2 in the early to mid 90s and going on to win the SB. There may be other examples. I'm not saying we have a chance at the SB, but the playoffs are not out of the question......yet.

Skip Towne
09-18-2006, 08:36 AM
[QUOTE= considering that you are accusing me of double talk when you have another thread talking about how well our backup played and simultaneously using him as an excuse, you are quite the one to talk.

[/QUOTE]
Hey, this is Gochiefs we are talking about. He spouts so much shit he can always go back and say "See, I said this" while ignoring all the other tripe he spewed.

Basileus777
09-18-2006, 08:39 AM

A HOF LT and a pro-bowl qb may very well be worth 22 ppg. Those are the 2 most important positions on an offense, and going from Roaf and Green to Turley and Huard could mean a 20 point difference. Give the Raiders Roaf and Green and their offense would be pretty damn good.

How many PPG would the Colts put up with Manning and Tarik Glenn? The Bengals without Levi Jones and Palmer? How about the Seahawks without Walter Jones and Hasselbeck? Not many I would think.

jspchief
09-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Let's keep in mind that 3 of our impressive 6 points were a direct result of and interception on Denver's 30. we gained 4 yards after that INT and kicked the FG.

Also keep in mind that KC only crossed Denver's 40 yard line three times, and only got in the redzone twice.

GoHuge
09-18-2006, 09:09 AM
The TRUTH about our offense is we have NO tackles. We do have some very talented TE's but we have to keep them in for pass blocking because our line can't stop anybody from killing the QB. Until we get some tackles our offense is going to look exactly the way it did and be just as predictable. There is only so much you can do out of a two TE set.

KC-TBB
09-18-2006, 09:13 AM
I think I am one of those "bring on Brady Crowle" guys, I don't think it could hurt.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2006, 09:19 AM
I think I am one of those "bring on Brady Crowle" guys, I don't think it could hurt.

Who is Brady Crowle? :)

Its Brodie Croyle.

JBucc
09-18-2006, 09:20 AM
I think I am one of those "bring on Brady Crowle" guys, I don't think it could hurt.LMAO Yeah let's go Brady Crowle!!!

jspchief
09-18-2006, 09:21 AM
I think I am one of those "bring on Brady Crowle" guys, I don't think it could hurt.Hi Nick. How's the magazine business?