PDA

View Full Version : This is probably the least upset I've been due to a Chiefs' loss.

Tactical Funky
09-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Odd. :hmmm:

greg63
09-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Odd. :hmmm:

Ok, if you say so. :shrug:

Tactical Funky
09-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Ok, if you say so. :shrug:
Just an observation... :)

Sorry, I'm a bit drunk right now.

Guru
09-17-2006, 11:13 PM
I felt the same way. I am usually pissed after a loss. Today I was actually looking at the positives.

Jayhawkerman2001
09-17-2006, 11:14 PM
I feel the exact same way dude. If anybody told me that the game would end up 6-9 in overtime I would just laugh my ass off. That had to be the most gratifying loss I think we've ever had. Even though we didnt win the game(which a phantom no call on walker in OT really gave the donkies the game), everything seemed to go good, other than the backup quarterback. Im not saying Huard did bad, but if Trent were in there, things probably would have been a lot different. Kevin Sampson did 100% better than black did, so i think our offensive line will be just fine.

Tactical Funky
09-17-2006, 11:14 PM
I felt the same way. I am usually pissed after a loss. Today I was actually looking at the positives.
Exactly.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 11:17 PM

Herm hasn't told you about the dead bodies in your basement yet.

Or the HB draws on 3rd and 12...

Tactical Funky
09-17-2006, 11:17 PM
I feel the exact same way dude. If anybody told me that the game would end up 6-9 in overtime I would just laugh my ass off. That had to be the most gratifying loss I think we've ever had. Even though we didnt win the game(which a phantom no call on walker in OT really gave the donkies the game), everything seemed to go good, other than the backup quarterback. Im not saying Huard did bad, but if Trent were in there, things probably would have been a lot different. Kevin Sampson did 100% better than black did, so i think our offensive line will be just fine.
I was expecting Huard to get sacked multiple times, but you're right in that Sampson held up quite well. I'm very encouraged about our status when Green returns - especially if our D keeps playing as they have thus far.

It's funny - we lost but feel pretty good about it, while the Broncos won and their fans, for the most part, seem dejected. :)

Guru
09-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Herm hasn't told you about the dead bodies in your basement yet.

Or the HB draws on 3rd and 12...

Oh crap.... he runs HB draws on 3rd and 12....

I gotta get outa here. :deevee:

greg63
09-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Just an observation... :)

Sorry, I'm a bit drunk right now.

No need to apologize; I can just never bring myself to feel "Ok" about a loss.

Tactical Funky
09-17-2006, 11:28 PM
No need to apologize; I can just never bring myself to feel "Ok" about a loss.
I know what you mean, but I guess my expectations for this game weren't very high considering how the first game panned out.

I'm just happy we seem to have a D finally; I miss our O, of course, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Green will return soon along with some semblence of an ability to score touchdowns. :drool:

blueballs
09-17-2006, 11:29 PM
no TDs on opening day at InCrisco
poor little Bronco fans

greg63
09-17-2006, 11:30 PM
I know what you mean, but I guess my expectations for this game weren't very high considering how the first game panned out.

I'm just happy we seem to have a D finally; I miss our O, of course, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Green will return soon along with some semblence of an ability to score touchdowns. :drool:

I guess I see your point. Low expectations does have a way of softening the blow. At this point I have no expectations.

Guru
09-17-2006, 11:31 PM
I guess I see your point. Low expectations does have a way of softening the blow. At this point I have no expectations.
Well then you should be thrilled.

Tactical Funky
09-17-2006, 11:31 PM
no TDs on opening day at InCrisco
poor little Bronco fans
Great stat, huh? :)

Tactical Funky
09-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Heh...

No expectations is the way to go sometimes.

I think things will start coming together for Solari and the O soon, and Green's return will be a great boost.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 11:33 PM

You have always been at war with Eurasia.

Chocolate rations have been reduced by 1/2 for the following month...

keg in kc
09-17-2006, 11:35 PM
I was more upset after this one that I've been in a while. We could have won. In Denver.

Hard to take. I mean, seriously...when was the last time we could say that...

All good now, though. Once I calmed down.

Tactical Funky
09-17-2006, 11:37 PM
I was more upset after this one that I've been in a while. We could have won. In Denver.

Hard to take. I mean, seriously...when was the last time we could say that...

All good now, though. Once I calmed down.
Yes, we should have won. :(

No one expected us to even stay close, really - but there were definitely mitigating circumstances facing the Chiefs today and they responded better than I could have expected, for the most part.

greg63
09-17-2006, 11:41 PM
You have always been at war with Eurasia.

Chocolate rations have been reduced by 1/2 for the following month...

LMAO

greg63
09-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Heh...

I think things will start coming together for Solari and the O soon, and Green's return will be a great boost.

Yep!

HolmeZz
09-17-2006, 11:46 PM
I was upset after the game. A loss is a loss.

But I was as proud of this team as I've been in a long time. They exceeded my expectations greatly.

Frazod
09-17-2006, 11:51 PM
I was pissed after the game, but now I too am looking at the positives.

I believe this year is lost. The offense is a f#cking mess, and I don't believe it will recover before we're out of it. However, there is something tangible to build on here, and with the right tweaking, with a new lineman, and a playmaking receiver, there is a real chance we can be a serious force next year (not years down the road, as I previously feared).

I'm just trying to look on this season as a long preseason for next year.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Heh...

IF you're french and love crunchy bread...

Guru
09-17-2006, 11:52 PM

I believe this year is lost. The offense is a f#cking mess, and I don't believe it will recover before we're out of it. However, there is something tangible to build on here, and with the right tweaking, with a new lineman, and a playmaking receiver, there is a real chance we can be a serious force next year (not years down the road, as I previously feared).

Not ready to write-off the season just yet. Lets get a few more games under the belt and see where our team stands.

keg in kc
09-17-2006, 11:55 PM
I don't think the year is lost. We have to win the next two, though. Lose either and the year really is lost.

Get to 2-2, see how we do at Pissburgh and home against the Martyocres and the Seahawks. Reassess then.

greg63
09-17-2006, 11:56 PM
I was upset after the game. A loss is a loss.

But I was as proud of this team as I've been in a long time. They exceeded my expectations greatly.

Losing 9-6 exceeded greatly your expectations?? Just how much did you have us losing by, in your mind?? :shake:

HolmeZz
09-18-2006, 12:14 AM
Losing 9-6 exceeded greatly your expectations?? Just how much did you have us losing by, in your mind?? :shake:

A couple touchdowns. And I didn't expect LJ to have the success he did, or Huard to play fairly effeciently.

greg63
09-18-2006, 12:23 AM
A couple touchdowns. And I didn't expect LJ to have the success he did, or Huard to play fairly effeciently.

Ok, I'll buy that....but not for much. :p :D

Logical
09-18-2006, 12:33 AM

Damn, I am not even this pessimistic yet.

I expected this loss and was not shocked that a very good Cinci team pulled off a victory, especially after we lost Trent to the concussion. If we can pull off a victory without Trent in week 4 and then Trent comes back we can salvage a 9 win season which is what I expected from the start.

CoMoChief
09-18-2006, 12:43 AM
I wasn't that upset over this loss because I expected us to get our asses kicked, however it was disappointing as hell to see that our defense in this game allowed us to stay in this game on the road (which we previously had been accustomed to breaking down as a team all together). I kinda think DEN's playcalling was a little bogus because they went away with what usually works for them against us and thats the bootleg. I didn't really see them run those plays a lot. We did a good job stopping the run, except for a couple of plays. Ty Law actually looked a little slow to me out there, I wonder if he was playing hurt because he came out of the game b/c he got dinged up a little bit? Overall I thought the secondary played very well. There was a lot of chop blocking in this game as there is in any DEN game and why the refs never call it I dont know. I think we were very predictable at times on offense, but that is due to the fact that Trent Green was out. Larry Johnson needs to learn how to hold the rock, but in his defense I think anyone would have lost it on that play because the defender put his helmet right on the ball. All in all the reason why I wasn't particularly mad after this game is because I predicted us to get our asses handed to us like many times in the past in DEN and that didn't happen and Trent Green was out. Also I thought there was more good in the way we played, (especially on defense) than bad except for the fact that our pass protection is so poor that we have to have TE sets for extra blocking which made our WR's non-exsistent.

I kinda thought we would lose the game if we lost the coin toss for OT, which I might add that I absolutely ****ing hate the OT rules in which 1st to score wins. They need to change the rules to where they are like the NCAA rules in which both teams play each side of the ball. Screw the stats that say only 20 something % win when they win the coin toss in OT. It's a simple fact that it's a huge disadvantage to the team that loses the toss. The only way to win in overtime is to score, and the only way to score is to play offense. You can't score points on defense. You can get a INT or a fumble recovery and return it for a TD, but that's VERY rare. They need to make it where both teams get a chance to score and whoever scores more/first wins. I'm not saying this because we lost SUN, because I've always thought it was a bogus rule.

greg63
09-18-2006, 12:55 AM
I wasn't that upset over this loss because I expected us to get our asses kicked, however it was disappointing as hell to see that our defense in this game allowed us to stay in this game on the road (which we previously had been accustomed to breaking down as a team all together)...

Dude, you think too much. As apposed to me, I guess, who doesn't think nearly enough. :p

Guru
09-18-2006, 12:58 AM
I wasn't that upset over this loss because I expected us to get our asses kicked, however it was disappointing as hell to see that our defense in this game allowed us to stay in this game on the road (which we previously had been accustomed to breaking down as a team all together). I kinda think DEN's playcalling was a little bogus because they went away with what usually works for them against us and thats the bootleg. I didn't really see them run those plays a lot. We did a good job stopping the run, except for a couple of plays. Ty Law actually looked a little slow to me out there, I wonder if he was playing hurt because he came out of the game b/c he got dinged up a little bit? Overall I thought the secondary played very well. There was a lot of chop blocking in this game as there is in any DEN game and why the refs never call it I dont know. I think we were very predictable at times on offense, but that is due to the fact that Trent Green was out. Larry Johnson needs to learn how to hold the rock, but in his defense I think anyone would have lost it on that play because the defender put his helmet right on the ball. All in all the reason why I wasn't particularly mad after this game is because I predicted us to get our asses handed to us like many times in the past in DEN and that didn't happen and Trent Green was out. Also I thought there was more good in the way we played, (especially on defense) than bad except for the fact that our pass protection is so poor that we have to have TE sets for extra blocking which made our WR's non-exsistent.

I kinda thought we would lose the game if we lost the coin toss for OT, which I might add that I absolutely ****ing hate the OT rules in which 1st to score wins. They need to change the rules to where they are like the NCAA rules in which both teams play each side of the ball. Screw the stats that say only 20 something % win when they win the coin toss in OT. It's a simple fact that it's a huge disadvantage to the team that loses the toss. The only way to win in overtime is to score, and the only way to score is to play offense. You can't score points on defense. You can get a INT or a fumble recovery and return it for a TD, but that's VERY rare. They need to make it where both teams get a chance to score and whoever scores more/first wins. I'm not saying this because we lost SUN, because I've always thought it was a bogus rule.

All they need to do is give each team ONE posession. After that, sudden death.

The Dude Abides
09-18-2006, 01:40 AM
I agree with that. I also don't think the season is lost yet.

ChiefFan31
09-18-2006, 02:06 AM

Well, if Trent doesnt come back, then yeah we aint gonna make it to the postseason.

But, I still feel good about the game, besides losing of course. Two turnovers and the inability to take advantage of our precious few opportunites....killed us.

Guru
09-18-2006, 02:13 AM
Well, if Trent doesnt come back, then yeah we aint gonna make it to the postseason.

But, I still feel good about the game, besides losing of course. Two turnovers and the inability to take advantage of our precious few opportunites....killed us.

If Trent is out for the season, I only said "IF" here, I don't really want to ride the season on Huard unless we keep getting wins. I would say, if we get to 6 losses before we get to 6 wins, then bring in Croyle and start the grooming.

ChiefFan31
09-18-2006, 02:44 AM
If Trent is out for the season, I only said "IF" here, I don't really want to ride the season on Huard unless we keep getting wins. I would say, if we get to 6 losses before we get to 6 wins, then bring in Croyle and start the grooming.

Agreed, if Trent is out for the long haul, then we should play Croyle. However, I would like to wait a few games and get the O-line shored up and our O in general for that matter.

I still think Trent is coming back, but the reality is setting in that it probably will be later rather than sooner.

Rain Man
09-18-2006, 03:08 AM
This loss fills me with an unspeakable sadness. It creates a void in my life that cannot be filled with money or fine food or the love of a good woman.

I wasn't expecting a win going in, but we tasted the sweet nectar of going in with our backup quarterback and coming out with victory, and then, without warning, it was gone, lost forever. The hobgoblins in Denver dine on our bones.

Ari Chi3fs
09-18-2006, 03:44 AM
LJ is tearing it up for Fantasy Footballers. heh.

greg63
09-18-2006, 11:23 PM

I don't disagree with you, but I wonder about playing the kid behind this "O" line.

Guru
09-18-2006, 11:36 PM
I don't disagree with you, but I wonder about playing the kid behind this "O" line.

Huard survived. So can Croyle.

greg63
09-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Huard survived. So can Croyle.
Huard's survival was due mostly to the conservative game calling though. Sampson is also much better then Black. I wonder just how long Huard would have survived if he had to hold on to the ball long enough to through it down field. Again, just wondering.

Guru
09-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Huard's survival was due mostly to the conservative game calling though. Sampson is also much better then Black. I wonder just how long Huard would have survived if he had to hold on to the ball long enough to through it down field. Again, just wondering.

Valid statement. Personally, I would like to find out.

greg63
09-18-2006, 11:52 PM
Valid statement. Personally, I would like to find out.

Good point; it would be interesting. :hmmm: