PDA

View Full Version : A blitz question/statement

Scaga
09-18-2006, 08:01 AM
I've heard for several years now aobut Gunther's blitz package and how wonderful it is. I'm just curious to know if we're ever going to actually get to the quarterback? Yes, we do make them throw earlier than they want, but we never actually seem to SACK the SOB.

:banghead:

Gaz
09-18-2006, 08:18 AM
While there is a visceral satisfaction in watching a blitzing Chiefs player CRUSH the Enemy pencil-neck, the value of forcing the QB to throw before he wants to should not be so lightly dismissed.

Disrupting the Enemy timing is the goal, sacking the QB is gravy. Good gravy. Tasty gravy. Sweet gravy. But gravy, nonetheless.

xoxo~
Gaz
Enjoys a good QB CRUSHING as much as the next guy.

unlurking
09-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Seemed to me that Allen and Hali were both double-teamed on many plays. I don't remember any plays where the Donx TE left the LOS. The Donx were playing max protect most of the game, and I think the D did pretty against it (although I too would love to see some sacks).

wolfpack0735
09-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Sapp blitzing was a mainstay of our blitz packages. i don`t think i ever saw him in the game,it was Walls playing. although i thought Walls played pretty good.

Scaga
09-18-2006, 11:42 AM
While there is a visceral satisfaction in watching a blitzing Chiefs player CRUSH the Enemy pencil-neck, the value of forcing the QB to throw before he wants to should not be so lightly dismissed.

Disrupting the Enemy timing is the goal, sacking the QB is gravy. Good gravy. Tasty gravy. Sweet gravy. But gravy, nonetheless.

xoxo~
Gaz
Enjoys a good QB CRUSHING as much as the next guy.

But Gaz...
Gunther said he was going to "kill the qb" not scare him into making bad decisions.! :cuss:

Are you saying some of our coaches lie???? :harumph:

jynni
09-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Plummer did seem to spend quite a bit of time on his azz. Even though they weren't getting registered sacks, they were knocking him around. That plays with a QB's head.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-18-2006, 12:16 PM
I actually thought our blitz packages were very effective yesterday. In the long run, it's almost better to force a QB like Plummer to make hurried throws rather than sacking him, because the odds of him giving up a pick six go up exponentially with each step a pass rusher gets closer to him.

Rick
09-18-2006, 01:18 PM
I see what Scaga is saying. Most teams actually get a sack out of blitzing once in a while. IMO we don't get sacks due to showing the blitz coming a full minute before the snap of the ball (offenses get line adjustments pretty early against us).

Rick
09-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Seemed to me that Allen and Hali were both double-teamed on many plays. I don't remember any plays where the Donx TE left the LOS. The Donx were playing max protect most of the game, and I think the D did pretty against it (although I too would love to see some sacks).
Correct sir. When is the last time you saw anyone double-teaming Chief DE's? And they did max protect! Do you think Rod Smith getting the crap beat out of him and not playing much afterward had anything to do with that? By the way, the announcer said the Broncos said he just had the wind knocked out of him? Right, but it came from all body openings at once. Some of that "wind" had crap in it!!!!!!!!!