PDA

View Full Version : Carl Peterson whines to the NFL=No calls??

DJJasonp
09-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Because it seems like the Chiefs are on the short-end of the penalty flags in one way or another, is it possible the reason is due to Carl's bitching and whining to the league (or anyone else who will listen to his crying for that matter)?

I try to step away from the homeritus affliction that I sometimes suffer from and look at things objectively....but it still seems we get "jobbed" on numerous occasions (especially in Denver).

We've listed quite a few in the last 24hrs (the parallel between the push-off on law "no call" to Samie Parker's two push-offs that were flagged last week is quite puzzling) amongst many others.

Maybe just a conspiracy theory, but it does seem like we're getting jobbed quite a bit on the flags....and who better to blame than Carl?

Or can the refs always be this bad? And is it just a coincidence its the chiefs games they F up?

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Most of Carl's suggestions to the league are good ones, (well adding an extra team to the playoffs is iffy but it could work besides that is Lamar's idea anyway). I know Peterson/Lamar wanted something to change how overtime works, heck they got the two point conversation in.

Frazod
09-18-2006, 09:22 AM
My recommendation is that he quit whining and start paying up. It certainly seems to work for teams like Denver and Pittsburgh.

DJJasonp
09-18-2006, 09:29 AM
My recommendation is that he quit whining and start paying up. It certainly seems to work for teams like Denver and Pittsburgh.

Good point.

siberian khatru
09-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Carl should shut up and leave the whining to us.

KC-TBB
09-18-2006, 09:31 AM
It does seem we get the short end of the stick on calls...maybe it's Lamar?

donkhater
09-18-2006, 09:35 AM
The best suggestion he has had in the last few years was to stop making illegal contact and hands to the face penalties automatic first downs.

Automatic first downs should be limited to pass interference and personal fouls, not some ticky-tack push downfield or a hand grazing the face mask of a reciever.

Unfortunately, his suggestion fell on deaf ears. Because the KC defense was so bad recently, people saw it as whining, but it is a great suggestion.

HemiEd
09-18-2006, 10:33 AM
I have never perceived Carl's lobbying for the best interest of his team to be whining. If he does not stick up for the Chiefs, who will? It is a small market team that does get the short end of the stick a lot IMO.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2006, 11:18 AM
The best suggestion he has had in the last few years was to stop making illegal contact and hands to the face penalties automatic first downs.

Automatic first downs should be limited to pass interference and personal fouls, not some ticky-tack push downfield or a hand grazing the face mask of a reciever.

Unfortunately, his suggestion fell on deaf ears. Because the KC defense was so bad recently, people saw it as whining, but it is a great suggestion.

Exactly, the Chiefs have came up with good suggestions but it always seems to back fire bc of their standing at the time.

Also you have to put in that both Lamar and Carl were part of two upstart leagues that pushed the NFL hard.

Logical
09-18-2006, 02:38 PM
So Carl Peterson is a whining pussy, big suprise.

Halfcan
09-18-2006, 03:04 PM
King Carl needs to be fired!!

PastorMikH
09-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Could be. I remember DV commenting about the refs and we paid for it the rest of the season.

Here's a question on the drive at the end of half. Why wasn't Dante ruled out of bounds? I just go through watching that play. He caught the ball, got hit, but managed to turn and get out of bounds. The clock SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOPPED. I know they said forward progress had stopped, but the reason it stopped was Dante turned and ran for the OB.

The Dude Abides
09-18-2006, 03:46 PM
We get boned. It's never easy to take, but after years of getting boned, you just kind of go numb.

runnercyclist
09-18-2006, 05:34 PM
0 penalties is ridiculous.

The push off at the end was the worst.

GoodDaySir!
09-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Pity party.

Skip Towne
09-18-2006, 05:42 PM
The worst screw jobs I have ever seen were the ones KU got at Mizzou when Norm was there. That guy must have had some kind of veto power over who officiated there.

Logical
09-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Could be. I remember DV commenting about the refs and we paid for it the rest of the season.

Here's a question on the drive at the end of half. Why wasn't Dante ruled out of bounds? I just go through watching that play. He caught the ball, got hit, but managed to turn and get out of bounds. The clock SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOPPED. I know they said forward progress had stopped, but the reason it stopped was Dante turned and ran for the OB.

I believe you have to be moving downfield when you go out of bounds in the NFL to get the timeout Mike.

DJJasonp
09-18-2006, 06:51 PM
The worst screw jobs I have ever seen were the ones KU got at Mizzou when Norm was there. That guy must have had some kind of veto power over who officiated there.

You're not kidding.....I also remember some insanely officiated KU games at Oklahoma when Billy Tubbs was still coaching there.....

Disclaimer: I am a KU homer to a certain extent, but can, at times, admit it when we get the better side of the officiating in a game! :)

Bill Parcells
09-18-2006, 07:04 PM
I have never perceived Carl's lobbying for the best interest of his team to be whining. If he does not stick up for the Chiefs, who will? It is a small market team that does get the short end of the stick a lot IMO.
there are no small market teams in the nfl..you cant compare it to baseball..almost everybody sells out for 8 games..

with that being said..what does peterson want??

an apology??wtf is that going to do??
he should be focusing on making the team better and stop distracting himself..

Deberg_1990
09-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Desperate men do desperate things. Lord, i hope Carl's reign mercifully comes to an end soon.

KCinNY
09-18-2006, 07:50 PM
an apology??wtf is that going to do??
he should be focusing on making the team better and stop distracting himself..

I agree 100%. King Carl is right to be pissed, but all he seems to accomplish with his bitching is to piss off the NFL front office.

LanceHunter
09-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Anyone remember Carl P's 5 year plan for the Chiefs ? how long has it been ? about 17 years , and no fookin super bowl appearance .
All I can figure is that the Hunt's keep him because he keeps the stands full . As long as he's around , won't make any difference who the coach is , he makes the deals for players . All it would have taken to keep Richardson was 500K , they let Tait go , and keep Sims ( I sure hope his contract is up after this season .) It's been a long 5 years , I wonder what he has on the Hunt's ? A racey video perhaps ? He should at least post it on Google video , then the fans could see the reasoning behind keeping him lmao .