PDA

View Full Version : Penalty Free Football played by Denver?

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Give me a friggen break.

InChiefsHell
09-18-2006, 09:25 AM
Well, no flags anyway...I guess that counts...

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Well, no flags anyway...I guess that counts...

The dirtiest team in football is now a bunch of choir boys. The officials have always treated Dever well no matter who they play. I have no idea why that is.

DaFace
09-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Although it'll never happen, I think that the officiating committee needs to publish the results of their reviews each week. If nothing else, we should get a report at the end of the year that demonstrates the quality of officiating. For example, I'd like to know:

1) Which officiating crews perform the best and which perform the worst overall.
2) Which teams have the most "bad calls" that go for and against them. Also, this might be split out into home teams vs. away teams. By evaluating that, it would be possible to tell whether there really is a bias toward one team or the other in the NFL.

It just seems like the credibility of the officials is getting lower and lower every year. Without some level of transparency, I'm not sure that will improve any time soon.

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Although it'll never happen, I think that the officiating committee needs to publish the results of their reviews each week. If nothing else, we should get a report at the end of the year that demonstrates the quality of officiating. For example, I'd like to know:

1) Which officiating crews perform the best and which perform the worst overall.
2) Which teams have the most "bad calls" that go for and against them. Also, this might be split out into home teams vs. away teams. By evaluating that, it would be possible to tell whether there really is a bias toward one team or the other in the NFL.

It just seems like the credibility of the officials is getting lower and lower every year. Without some level of transparency, I'm not sure that will improve any time soon.

There will never be any accountibility for the officials.

StcChief
09-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Without really payrolled fulltime employees, not weekend Refs...I don't see it improving. Year now is Aug-Feb anyway.

The rest of the 'off' time they could be studying improving skills based on how they were graded out. Getting/staying in shape. promoting helping up and coming guys....

This is ultimately a credibility issue for NFL.
They can't say it's a cost that is beyond them.

keg in kc
09-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Was mighty peculiar wasn't it.

And not only did they get no flags, we got a phantom PI facemask call in the red zone and a "block below the waist" call on a block that wasn't below the waist or illegal in any other way, shape or form.

mac58
09-18-2006, 09:48 AM
hey id rather see a game with limited flags, then a game with constent yellow. . .this is not why we lost the game. . .

keg in kc
09-18-2006, 09:55 AM
this is not why we lost the game. . .I don't think anybody is saying or will say that.

That doesn't mean it's still not peculiar...

Bob Dole
09-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Bob Dole read somewhere this morning that it was the third penalty-free game in Bronco history.

Oddly enough, one of the other two was also against KC.

dtebbe
09-18-2006, 10:01 AM
There was a pretty clear hold in the endzone that should have been a safety IMHO.

DT

Skip Towne
09-18-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't think the refs cost us the game but it was peculiar the calls against us were at critical times. It's kinda like when your buddy is in a fight. You don't help unless he starts losing.

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2006, 10:06 AM
There was a pretty clear hold in the endzone that should have been a safety IMHO.

DT

2 plays in a row back to back with obvious holds right in front of the ref.

HemiEd
09-18-2006, 10:19 AM
This was the thing I was the maddest about after the game. It makes me question the integrity of our sacred game and its officiating. I was yelling for a safety, but no call. Those two phantom calls against us were potential game changing plays.

Calcountry
09-18-2006, 10:42 AM
2) Which teams have the most "bad calls" that go for and against them. Also, this might be split out into home teams vs. away teams. By evaluating that, it would be possible to tell whether there really is a bias toward one team or the other in the NFL..This might be cool if it was the first tie breaker for the playoffs.

Bob Dole
09-18-2006, 10:42 AM
This was the thing I was the maddest about after the game. It makes me question the integrity of our sacred game and its officiating. I was yelling for a safety, but no call. Those two phantom calls against us were potential game changing plays.

And didn't they both come from the same zebra?

One of Bob Dole's coworkers who is a casual football fan (at best) came in first thing this morning and said he's done watching the NFL because there is no integrity.

Bob Dole isn't sure what that says, but it says something.

Calcountry
09-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Without really payrolled fulltime employees, not weekend Refs...I don't see it improving. Year now is Aug-Feb anyway.

The rest of the 'off' time they could be studying improving skills based on how they were graded out. Getting/staying in shape. promoting helping up and coming guys....

This is ultimately a credibility issue for NFL.
They can't say it's a cost that is beyond them.Is it too much to ask that athletes with good vision be the refs?

They should have training camp, and cuts just like everyone else. The top team, the one with the fewest screw ups, would get performance bonus and the opportuinity to not screw it up in the playoffs for more bonus money.

stevieray
09-18-2006, 10:46 AM
You don't help unless he starts losing.

Bingo! Notice that the last two times the Invescos have played at home, they only scored(in the third qtr) with help from the refs.

AsHC pointed out, that flag on Hali sure was thrown early...and even so...why is it the personal foul flag with a subsequent first and goal, when the hitting of the facemask is only a five yard penalty?

Because that doesn't favor the Invescos chances of victory. further witnessed by the tickytack below the waist block call, and the noncall of pushing off by JW.

I agree, it's not why we lost, but the bias has been obvious for so long, it's hard not to notice.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-18-2006, 10:49 AM
I watched the game with my wife yesterday, who is by no means a football fan (she tolerates my passion for the Chiefs). Even she made the comment of how stupid the penalties that were called were and how she didn't notice the orange and blue team (she didn't know the Donks name) getting any penalities. She knows absolutely nothing about the rules but if she can tell something is wrong, then to me that says it all. We got called with a ticky tack face mask but Gold basically ripped LJ's head off and then elbowed him in the head after the whistle was blown and no flag. Hali, graces a facemask and they flag that. This sh^t is starting to become criminal.

HemiEd
09-18-2006, 10:51 AM
And didn't they both come from the same zebra?

One of Bob Dole's coworkers who is a casual football fan (at best) came in first thing this morning and said he's done watching the NFL because there is no integrity.

Bob Dole isn't sure what that says, but it says something.

The amount of money at stake is to great for part time officials.

Shit, who am I kidding, the politicians are full time paid employees.

Our only hope is to be good enough to overcome this, not going to happen in a field goal contest IMO.

manchambo
09-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Bingo! Notice that the last two times the Invescos have played at home, they only scored(in the third qtr) with help from the refs.

AsHC pointed out, that flag on Hali sure was thrown early...and even so...why is it the personal foul flag with a subsequent first and goal, when the hitting of the facemask is only a five yard penalty?

Because that doesn't favor the Invescos chances of victory. further witnessed by the tickytack below the waist block call, and the noncall of pushing off by JW.

I agree, it's not why we lost, but the bias has been obvious for so long, it's hard not to notice.

What you're saying doesn't make a lick of sense. The facemask penalty was called on first down inside the five. I agree that it should not have been a personal foul, but that didn't make any difference. Either way, the call would have resulted in half the distance to the goaline and first down.

I also see people commenting that there should have been a holding penalty when the Broncos were inside their own endzone. I can't comment whether there was holding, but I will say that I can't remember the last time I saw a holding call made for a safety. The refs don't (and shouldn't) make that call unless there is something really egregious.

In any event, on that series, you could have won the game if your LB would have just caught that meatball the Snake laid out with 7 Chorfs points written all over it.

stevieray
09-18-2006, 11:06 AM
What you're saying doesn't make a lick of sense. The facemask penalty was called on first down inside the five. I agree that it should not have been a personal foul, but that didn't make any difference. Either way, the call would have resulted in half the distance to the goaline and first down.

I also see people commenting that there should have been a holding penalty when the Broncos were inside their own endzone. I can't comment whether there was holding, but I will say that I can't remember the last time I saw a holding call made for a safety. The refs don't (and shouldn't) make that call unless there is something really egregious.

In any event, on that series, you could have won the game if your LB would have just caught that meatball the Snake laid out with 7 Chorfs points written all over it.

Five tries to get into the endzone, as opposed to second and goal.

manchambo
09-18-2006, 11:08 AM
five tries to get to into the endzone, as opposed to second and goal.

That's only rue of it's no penalty at all. If it's called the 5 yard type, which it should have been, the result is 5 yards (which, because the play was within the 10, would have been half the distance) and repeat the down (which was 1st).

stevieray
09-18-2006, 11:10 AM
That's only rue of it's no penalty at all. If it's called the 5 yard type, which it should have been, the result is 5 yards (which, because the play was within the 10, would have been half the distance) and repeat the down (which was 1st).

my bad on the down, but the penalty is subjective.

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2006, 11:15 AM
LMAO

Chief Chief
09-18-2006, 11:17 AM
I can't believe Gunther didn't send at least 3 defensive backs full bore comin' in through the gaps on Plummet when the Bonkos had the ball at their own 1-yard line. If it's not a one-step drop quick pass, then you either trap the RB on a running play in the endzone or you sack Plummet in the endzone or you force either a holding penalty or an intentional grounding penalty, all of which result in a guaranteed safety. Even if Plummet gets a pass off, it's hurried and most likely incomplete or possibly picked off and goin' the other way for a quick 6. Gun was way too conservative all game.

shaneo69
09-18-2006, 11:19 AM

I think I've seen more safeties as a result of penalties in the endzone, than QB's actually being sacked in the endzone.

DaFace
09-18-2006, 11:20 AM
The only one that really gets me is the Hali facemask penalty. If you watch it in slow motion, the flag appears on screen about two frames after Hali's hand hits close to his face. From where the ref was standing, that flag had to be in the air BEFORE Hali actually committed the "foul."

Puzzling, to say the least.

GoodDaySir!
09-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Tear.

DaFace
09-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Tear.
LMAO

Normally I wouldn't blame you guys, but this is actually a pretty logical thread. No one's crying about how we lost the game because of the refs or anything. We're just discussing the state of officiating in the NFL which, I think we can all agree, is pretty poor.

manchambo
09-18-2006, 11:29 AM
I think I've seen more safeties as a result of penalties in the endzone, than QB's actually being sacked in the endzone.

That's a little like saying "I've seen bigfoot more often than I've seen the loch ness monster," and it undermines my point not one whit.

2bikemike
09-18-2006, 11:34 AM
I could not believe Hali was called with a face mask penalty that one was absurd.

On the return with the alleged clipping it sure looked like the tackler turned Halls head by the face mask. Did I not see that right?

Monty
09-18-2006, 11:40 AM
I could not believe Hali was called with a face mask penalty that one was absurd.

On the return with the alleged clipping it sure looked like the tackler turned Halls head by the face mask. Did I not see that right?

I replayed that one with the Tivo, and it looked like the guy grabbed Halls' shoulder pads, but I could have swore that he grabbed his facemask when I watched it the first time.

WRT to the ref throwing the flab BEFORE Hali grabbed the facemask, I literally went off when I saw that. From the ref's perspective, he's lucky that Hali did what he did or the ref would have been hard pressed to think up another "penalty".

GoodDaySir!
09-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Normally I wouldn't blame you guys, but this is actually a pretty logical thread. No one's crying about how we lost the game because of the refs or anything. We're just discussing the state of officiating in the NFL which, I think we can all agree, is pretty poor.

I agree, my response was in reference to certain members of the BB who constantly think "the fix is in". Whenever a thread remotely close to this topic is posted, you can guess they will be here bitching and moaning without any relevant evidence to support their crying.

Bad officiating goes both ways.

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Bad officiating goes both ways.

Except when there are no penalties called against one team. THe Dirty Denver Bronco's no less. I will say this much, I thought the officiating was bad in all the games I watched. It was never this one sided though. I think Denver consistantly gets breaks from the officials in games I watch them play. I think the Patriots are another big beneficiary of officials in games I have watched. I don't think this is unusual either. When the Niners were on top of the world it was a given they would get the calls. Fans openly talked about it during the games. I don't think it is any different here.

For the record Mr. Both Ways it was just a couple years back that the officials made an announcement appologizing to the Chiefs for all the bad calls they made against them during the season. I don't think they did that on purpose either but I do believe Denver conistantly gets breaks.

GoodDaySir!
09-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Except when there are no penalties called against one team. THe Dirty Denver Bronco's no less. I will say this much, I thought the officiating was bad in all the games I watched. It was never this one sided though. I think Denver consistantly gets breaks from the officials in games I watch them play. I think the Patriots are another big beneficiary of officials in games I have watched. I don't think this is unusual either. When the Niners were on top of the world it was a given they would get the calls. Fans openly talked about it during the games. I don't think it is any different here.

For the record Mr. Both Ways it was just a couple years back that the officials made an announcement appologizing to the Chiefs for all the bad calls they made against them during the season. I don't think they did that on purpose either but I do believe Denver conistantly gets breaks.

For every phatom Javon Walker pushoff there is a block (or two) missed on a return in KC.

What are you suggesting exactly? Someone in the NFL front office has the officials put "the fix in" for Denver? The officials want Denver to win? I can't wait to see you in a JFK or moon landing thread.

A few years back the Broncos went 8 or 9 games without the opposing team getting offensive holding called against them. OFFENSIVE HOLDING. It was ridiculous, and I'm sure I could have found 2-3 to call every game. But so can everyone. Sometimes $hit happens and you get bad calls.

Except we all don't make threads crying about it.

jeffrho68
09-18-2006, 12:35 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/multimedia/kansascity/images/chiefs_johnson_300p.jpg

Nope, no penalty on that tackle.

GoodDaySir!
09-18-2006, 12:36 PM
And he's still able to flip Kennison the bird again, amazing!

Bob Dole
09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Good lord. One need look no further than 2005 to see that they don't "balance out" over the course of a season.

Den Penalties 117, Opponents Penalties 158 for a differential of -41

KC Penalties 132, Opponents Penalties 116 for a differential of +16

Denver's differential was eclipsed only by Carolina at -43. Only Tennessee opponents (109) were penalized fewer times than KC opponents.

Denver was 28th in penalties assessed and 3rd in opponents penalties. Vermeil even spoke about the ungodly differential at some point in the past couple of seasons.

Amnorix
09-18-2006, 12:39 PM

mmm....maybe. I've seen lots of bad calls both for and against the Pats the last 5 years, however.

I think, generally, that when a team wins, any questionable call that went in their favor is more memorable than the ones that were given to the team that lost.

I remember in '03 2 terrible, terrible calls by the refs tryign to give the game to the Dolphins in a game that went into OT, and the Pats won. The Dolphins fans raiding Pats boards loved to say we got the calls in that game and others, but reminders of those two total gifts would usually shut 'em up quick. One call I specifically remember was a deep fly pattern that a Dolphin receiver caught. Probably a 40 yard gain.

Only problem was the guy stepped out of bounds TWICE before catching it (making him an ineligible receiver) Not like he was shoved out by the DB either. Just took two steps out of bounds. Refs totally whiffed on it.

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2006, 12:40 PM
For every phatom Javon Walker pushoff there is a block (or two) missed on a return in KC.

What are you suggesting exactly? Someone in the NFL front office has the officials put "the fix in" for Denver? The officials want Denver to win? I can't wait to see you in a JFK or moon landing thread.

A few years back the Broncos went 8 or 9 games without the opposing team getting offensive holding called against them. OFFENSIVE HOLDING. It was ridiculous, and I'm sure I could have found 2-3 to call every game. But so can everyone. Sometimes $hit happens and you get bad calls.

Niner fans openly talked about getting the breaks all the time. You know what, they did. That's a fact not even their own fans contended.

I think the same thing applies to the Donx. When certain teams are popular the officials just give them breaks especially at home. I have no problem telling you that being a Lakers fan either as I think we get the calls consistanly as well.

I think most people would agree with what I just posted too irregardless of the assinine comparisons you want to make to other things. I think you have a real denial problem.

Do I blame the refs, no we should have won that game anyway.
Do I think Denver consistantly benefits from the officiating, absolutely.

GoodDaySir!
09-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Good lord. One need look no further than 2005 to see that they don't "balance out" over the course of a season.

Denver's differential was eclipsed only by Carolina at -43. Only Tennessee opponents (109) were penalized fewer times than KC opponents.

Denver was 28th in penalties assessed and 3rd in opponents penalties. Vermeil even spoke about the ungodly differential at some point in the past couple of seasons.

What a flawed argument.

Every year there will be some teams that have a high differencial, and some teams that have a low differencial.

Also going into that equation are penalties that are not subjective. False starts, neutral zone infractions, 12 men in the huddle, delay of game....just to name a few for you. Smart, disciplined teams don't make those brain farts.

The Raiders are consistently the most penalized team in the NFL. Do the officials hate them too? Or maybe they're just consistently undisciplined.

Bob Dole
09-18-2006, 12:45 PM
What a flawed argument.

Every year there will be some teams that have a high differencial, and some teams that have a low differencial.

Also going into that equation are penalties that are not subjective. False starts, neutral zone infractions, 12 men in the huddle, delay of game....just to name a few for you. Smart, disciplined teams don't make those brain farts.

The Raiders are consistently the most penalized team in the NFL. Do the officials hate them too? Or maybe they're just consistently undisciplined.

It's not a flawed argument if you go back and compile the past 5 season's worth (which Bob Dole doesn't have the time to do).

But go ahead with your homervision glasses on and pretend your guys played a perfect game yesterday.

GoodDaySir!
09-18-2006, 12:48 PM
It's not a flawed argument if you go back and compile the past 5 season's worth (which Bob Dole doesn't have the time to do).

But go ahead with your homervision glasses on and pretend your guys played a perfect game yesterday.

Nice counter argument?

Grats on the moral victory yesterday.

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2006, 12:49 PM

I don't think the newbie is really interested in facts Mr. Dole. I think he is more interested in making assinine comparisons. I think it is even worse than the numbers you posted reflect too as Denver is easily the dirtiest team in football. I have never heard opponents complain so much about the dirty tactics of a line before. This comes up every year yet -43 and a perfect penalty free game to start the season. Give me a break.

Amnorix
09-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Hrmm....looked up 2005. Pats had 132 penalties called on their defense. Broncos had 139. Those were 2nd most (Broncos) and 5th most (Pats) in the NFL on defense.

On offense, Denver had 97 on offense (4th best) and Pats had 110 (middle of the pack).

So, erm, the stats don't seem to support this favoritism angle.

Chiefs, by the way, had the fewest penalties called on their defense (90) and were middle of the pack on offense (115).

Amnorix
09-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Hrmm....looked up 2005. Pats had 132 penalties called on their defense. Broncos had 139. Those were 2nd most (Broncos) and 5th most (Pats) in the NFL on defense.

On offense, Denver had 97 on offense (4th best) and Pats had 110 (middle of the pack).

Chiefs, by the way, had the fewest penalties called on their defense (90) and were middle of the pack on offense (115).

EDIT: I must be reading the website wrong or something. No way teams had 250 penalties for the year. That's an average of 10+ per game...

Bob Dole
09-18-2006, 12:56 PM

It's the accumulated differential that is meaningful--not the raw numbers on either side of the ball. Raw numbers can be explained away by crew's tendencies withi...

Nevermind. You're right. We never get jobbed.

KC Dan
09-18-2006, 12:56 PM

DAMN YOU! Don't rain on our parade or try to take away our excuses.
:)
These are the cheatin' donx darn it! btw, The Chiefs lost this game, the officials didn't give it to donkeyland no matter how hard we all try to sell it that way. Though, you gotta question the bad calls on either side.

KC Dan
09-18-2006, 12:57 PM
EDIT: I must be reading the website wrong or something. No way teams had 250 penalties for the year. That's an average of 10+ per game...
Tuck rule! Tuck rule! Why are we listening to pats fans anyway? :banghead:

GoodDaySir!
09-18-2006, 12:59 PM
DAMN YOU! Don't rain on our parade or try to take away our excuses.
:)
These are the cheatin' donx darn it! btw, The Chiefs lost this game, the officials didn't give it to donkeyland no matter how hard we all try to sell it that way. Though, you gotta question the bad calls on either side.

It happens for every team/on every BB. There is always a group looking to make excuses.

Amnorix
09-18-2006, 12:59 PM
It's the accumulated differential that is meaningful--not the raw numbers on either side of the ball. Raw numbers can be explained away by crew's tendencies withi...

Nevermind. You're right. We never get jobbed.

I didn't see the game, so I can hardly say anything definitive about that. Also, as I noted, I must be readign the website wrong. No way teams average over 200 calls per year...

HemiEd
09-18-2006, 01:00 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/multimedia/kansascity/images/chiefs_johnson_300p.jpg

Nope, no penalty on that tackle.

Pretty damning evidence, Hali gets a personal fould for grazing the helmet and this a clear grab that could have resulted in an injury.

Case closed.

InChiefsHell
09-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Pretty damning evidence, Hali gets a personal fould for grazing the helmet and this a clear grab that could have resulted in an injury.

Case closed.

Probably photoshopped. The Donks don't do bad things...

Amnorix
09-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Tuck rule! Tuck rule! Why are we listening to pats fans anyway? :banghead:

Whether you like the rule or not, it IS a rule. It DOES exist. It WAS called correctly, and it wasn't the first or the last time it was called.

And you're also ignoring the karate chop Woodson did to Brady's helmet, which should not only have negated any fumble, but also would have given us 15 yards -- that's the only mistake (if any) on that play.

Let's see if this works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K5nZqzNoV4&eurl=

EDIT: Hrmm...this one doesn't have a great angle. I know I saw one about a month ago on Youtube that had alot of angles on it. Let me see if I can find it.

HemiEd
09-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Probably photoshopped. The Donks don't do bad things...

That would be some amazing photshop work, not sure even 4th and Long could pull that one off.

Donx are darlings.

Valiant
09-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Give me a friggen break.

No their fullback had a false start in the first half...

stevieray
09-18-2006, 01:32 PM

And we don't go the mange the next day crying about threads.

runnercyclist
09-18-2006, 06:17 PM
My bleeding ass

Adept Havelock
09-18-2006, 06:26 PM
The non-call that upset me the most was during Dante's runback with the phantom block below the waist you could clearly see Dante's head turning to the side courtesy of a Jackass with his hand on the face guard.

DaFace
09-18-2006, 06:36 PM
I've never been a conspiracy theorist, and that goes for NFL penalties as well. The calls that went against us sucked, but I doubt that there was any intentional bias towards the Broncos. My suspicion is that there is a small amount of psychological bias that unintentionally influences officiating crews to some extent. For example, the Raiders are always known as being a penalty-high team. I would bet that officials tend to watch them a little more closely than a team that is known for playing penalty-free ball. Although they're not intentionally ignoring calls, one team ends up getting called closer than the other.

As I mentioned earlier, transparency in the review process would take care of that, but it'll never happen.

Calcountry
09-18-2006, 06:59 PM
The only one that really gets me is the Hali facemask penalty. If you watch it in slow motion, the flag appears on screen about two frames after Hali's hand hits close to his face. From where the ref was standing, that flag had to be in the air BEFORE Hali actually committed the "foul."

Puzzling, to say the least.I noticed that when it was live.

OldTownChief
09-18-2006, 07:09 PM
There was one play where I saw a Donk clearly tackle a Chief that had a bead on Plummer. Not just fall on him, he wrapped his arms around the Chiefs ankles and tackled him. I thought sure it would be called as a ref was looking directly at it. They even showed it on a replay.

Count Zarth
09-18-2006, 07:21 PM
I could have sworn I saw one of our defensive linemen getting held when Plummer dropped back to pass in his own endzone. That should have been 2 points.

Coach
09-18-2006, 07:38 PM
0 Penalties for the Broncos eh? Only that can happen on Madden. If a team has 0 penalties, then there is something seriously wrong.

I am not saying that the Chiefs got jobbed by the officials. The Chiefs had their chances to win the game, and couldn't do it.

But I do believe the officiating, not only in the NFL, but nearly all sports, is getting progressively worse year afer year.

Amnorix
09-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Not that anyone cares that much, but here's a better video of the "tuck play". Note the hit to Brady's head at the 15 second and 51 second mark. Those are pretty good angles.

Bonus -- Al Davis whining about it! ROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtpKsG-s_nw

Halfcan
09-18-2006, 10:22 PM
The NFL is rigged-the refs have F#Cked the Chiefs for years.

They need to rename it NFE National Football Entertainment. Just like Pro wrestling-every game is decided-it is not real.

KC Dan
09-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Whether you like the rule or not, it IS a rule. It DOES exist. It WAS called correctly, and it wasn't the first or the last time it was called.

And you're also ignoring the karate chop Woodson did to Brady's helmet, which should not only have negated any fumble, but also would have given us 15 yards -- that's the only mistake (if any) on that play.
I was writing in a sarcastic method....... I know that it was called correctly. c'mon man! You're slipping

Ugly Duck
09-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Niner fans openly talked about getting the breaks all the time. You know what, they did. That's a fact not even their own fans contended.

I think the same thing applies to the Donx. When certain teams are popular the officials just give them breaks especially at home.

Do I think Denver consistantly benefits from the officiating, absolutely.

An dats da ugly troof. When Montana was with SF they got away with all kinds of crap week after week. Same thing when Buck was playing DonkeyBall. The Invescos continue to be the beneficiaries of blatant noncalls to this day. All Oscar had to do was fall down and the PI flags would rain down. Everybody knows that cut blocks are legal.... but just take a gander at how many times no flags appear when Donks dive at ankles outside the tackles, roll into players, leg-whip, grab onto jerseys & drag players to the turf.

alanm
09-18-2006, 11:37 PM
And he's still able to flip Kennison the bird again, amazing!
I don't care if you are a Donk fan. That there was funny. ROFL ROFL

beer bacon
09-18-2006, 11:51 PM
I could have sworn I saw one of our defensive linemen getting held when Plummer dropped back to pass in his own endzone. That should have been 2 points.

There was a an O-lineman holding Edwards on that play, but there are holds on practically every play. That is why it is frustrating to see a flag thrown on a pretty mundane hold at the end of a game when the score is close. Holds happen so often that when a flag is thrown it is almost completely arbitrary.

Logical
09-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Obviously they did not play penalty free and an injustice occured but we sound like Raider fans whining over the officiating. Shameful.

Mac Speedie
09-19-2006, 01:19 AM

I hate football fans who bring up a missed call on a "pansy" penalty to legitimate their win.

Patriots won fair and square on the "tuck" rule. End of story. That's all you had to say.

Nothing urks me more than a fan crying about not getting personal foul flags, roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness....flags that don't have any barring on the outcome.