PDA

View Full Version : They lost the game when...

MahiMike
09-18-2006, 11:50 AM
So I'm driving home from work yesterday and been jonesing for football so I turn on the radio. To my delight ESPN had the Chiefs/Broncos game on. It's less than a minute to go in the 1st half and nobody's scored yet. They take it all the way down to the 11 or so with about 20 seconds left (I think). 2nd down and they call a time out. I'm thinking - "Ok Herm take a shot before you kick. Let Damon throw to Tony just like last week. They come out of their timeout and I hear, "and Lawrence Tynes is coming on to kick a field goal on 2nd down." WHAT???!!!!

I arrive at the house and the Mrs. asks how the Chiefs are doing. I say, "Not bad. They'll lose by the customary Herm field goal."

And that's when the game and the season ended...

Well to be fair the season ended last September when Herm was hired to replace DV...

jynni
09-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Weren't Herm's Jets getting their clocked cleaned inside Arrowhead last September? He didn't come here until this year.

Besides, if the season did end (and I don't think it's over quite yet) it was when Roaf & Welbourn retired. Or depending upon how long he's out, last week when Geathers bounced Trent's head off the ground.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-18-2006, 11:57 AM
I don't quite follow this tirade.

CupidStunt
09-18-2006, 12:08 PM
My thing is this: I'm NOT a Herm guy, but I so often find myself defending him because he gets called on the stupidest things and he's just a better football coach, at least for this team, than the immortal Dick Vermeil. Yesterday was enough evidence for that.

Herm didn't lose us the game. Considering how close we were compared to the previous five years, he was a big part in keeping us IN the game.

foxman
09-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Imagine the Chiefs loosing Trent Green with last years squad.

In Denver.....

50-6

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-18-2006, 12:12 PM
My thing is this: I'm NOT a Herm guy, but I so often find myself defending him because he gets called on the stupidest things and he's just a better football coach, at least for this team, than the immortal Dick Vermeil. Yesterday was enough evidence for that.

Herm didn't lose us the game. Considering how close we were compared to the previous five years, he was a big part in keeping us IN the game.

I think that our punter, Kawika, DJ, Allen, and Hali, LJ, Brian Waters, Will Shields, Huard and most of all, Jake Plummer, kept us in that game. I'd give Herm very little of the credit. We gameplanned well up until 3rd and five in the red zone. After that, it was coaching not to lose. Only our players kept us in it that long.

Hog Farmer
09-18-2006, 12:27 PM
You guys are just ridiculous! Let me go shit us another coach.